PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide who to upgrade to 5*

OpticSugar
09-07-2016, 03:10 PM
I need only one more 3* rainbow evo shard before I am granted that very very very rare opportunity to promote one of my characters to 5*. Because it is so hard to grind for this, I don't want to make a decision that I will regret. If you have an opinion, please share it with me, and vote for who you would promote to 5*

Here's a list of the 5* characters that I already have:

Carriage Rider Eddie (magus)
Vampire Hunter Eddie (assassin)
Alliance General (sentinel)
Axis Bomber Boy (assassin)
Angel of Strife (sentinel)

MuadDib-7367
09-07-2016, 03:21 PM
What are the choices? Would also be helpful to know what toons you already have at 5*

OpticSugar
09-07-2016, 03:24 PM
What are the choices? Would also be helpful to know what toons you already have at 5*

(sorry, I was writing up the poll... it's up now)

Demoonchild
09-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Soldier Eddie BTW!!!

MuadDib-7367
09-07-2016, 03:28 PM
(sorry, I was writing up the poll... it's up now)

LOL, I jumped the gun. Voted magus allied solider. You probably have enough solider Eddies in your troopers to get by. Allied solider's reflective shield evens the odds when your squad is overpowered or up against enemies with revenge.

Demoonchild
09-07-2016, 03:33 PM
I have Magus Allied Soldier just as 4*, rarely used, when it happens, I put on him a ton of Health Talysmans. Too buggied, game breaker and character number 1 to be nerfed....

OpticSugar
09-07-2016, 03:35 PM
I have Magus Allied Soldier just as 4*, rarely used, when it happens, I put on him a ton of Health Talysmans. Too buggied, game breaker and character number 1 to be nerfed....

That's a very good point. Also, he's still pretty OP as a 4* with that reflect shield... the shield doesn't get any better with 5* anyway

Vaseodin
09-07-2016, 03:40 PM
I voted the troll. He is really hard to kill and has some really cool moves (shields). I wish I had one, as it is one of the few warrior characters I like. Or you can go with the sun spirit (he is pretty great).

OpticSugar
09-07-2016, 03:47 PM
I voted the troll. He is really hard to kill and has some really cool moves (shields). I wish I had one, as it is one of the few warrior characters I like. Or you can go with the sun spirit (he is pretty great).

Interesting... I think I remember hearing that the troll was a beast. That's why I put him on the list. I wasn't sure if it was the warrior version or not. I might be leaning towards the Sun Spirit more because I feel like I have the need for a non-eddie healer, but I could be swayed. Sun spirit is still great as a 4*.

Also, keep in mind I made the poll so you could cast multiple votes.

MuadDib-7367
09-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Sun Spirit with maxed fierce strength talismans hits like a truck. Plus it has a heal that deals solid damage. If you need a hitter and don't have wicker man or rocket dog, PSS is a solid choice.

Aristo4
09-07-2016, 04:25 PM
Voted Soldier and Golden Son....soldier cause you have to have a high damage eddie and golden son cause I leveled him to 5* and he's all damage.
As for the others, the eddies just not so good as soldier and the rest I got none to have an opinion.

podstrahuy
09-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Voted for Soldier Eddie. I don't use him, I prefer Carriage Rider, but I have tried few 5* Soldier Eddies from my troopers and they are very strong and well balanced.

MuadDib-7367
09-07-2016, 06:06 PM
I have PSS as my lead if you want to add me as a trooper and try him out. Send a trooper request to MuadDib-7367 (this goes for anyone, I purge my trooper list daily removing any inactives for > 5 days)

Nekroliun
09-07-2016, 06:12 PM
I chose holy smoke (original) cuz he can dish out so much dmg in one turn, he can deal 12k per chain knuckle! And sometimes u stun the whole enemy team!

Ancient Mariner
09-07-2016, 07:33 PM
Soldier Eddie

OpticSugar
09-07-2016, 08:23 PM
I have PSS as my lead if you want to add me as a trooper and try him out. Send a trooper request to MuadDib-7367 (this goes for anyone, I purge my trooper list daily removing any inactives for > 5 days)

Thanks mate! I would love to test drive him before I make this decision. I just requested (OpticSugar-0227)

BillLion
09-07-2016, 08:38 PM
I voted magus allied soldier because...well you know!

Soldier Eddie is also a solid choice but i have 2 other primary Eddies so I don't use mine too much even though he is at 5*s.

BTW: Just evolved my magus allied soldier to 5*s today! SO I practice what I preach ;)

OpticSugar
09-07-2016, 09:01 PM

Thanks mate! I would love to test drive him before I make this decision. I just requested (OpticSugar-0227)

OpticSugar
09-07-2016, 09:03 PM
Looks like I'm running out of time... I just got my 9th 3* rainbow evo shard! The wait is over... now I just have to decide.

I'm going to give it some more time for your votes to come in.

Vertax616
09-07-2016, 10:03 PM
I upgraded my Soldier Eddie to 5* 3 days ago and I am very happy about it. He hits hard also heals all your team and gains power and fury with his roulette ability which I use a lot. With the 5* star he is a beast. That's why I vote for Soldier Eddie.

The Educated fool
09-08-2016, 09:08 AM
I voted for Soldier Eddie, Allied Soldier and Speed of Light Eddie (naturally). :cool: Sun Spirit couldn't possibly be a bad choice either though. The rest, I'd avoid, myself... but it really depends what your team needs most, after all. Choose wisely...

Nekroliun
09-08-2016, 12:46 PM
Oh i didnt know this was a multiple choice poll and only voted holy smoke...

Wouldve also voted PSS, blue soldier and soldier eddie, still it depends on what your team needs.

I personally go with a dmg (the nomad) , a tank (allies general) and a healer (soldier eddie) it helps me get through underworld easily, since my soldier eddie dies from a 1 meter drop... the nomad's vanish helps greatly, especially on a healer with low hp!

OpticSugar
09-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Some good advice coming from the Educated Fool. Hehe.

And thanks to everyone for their input. I think I might be leaning towards the Pharaoh Sun Spirit (although he got no actual votes, he got a lot of mentions). Reason being: I think I have been leaning on him the most as my healer, and I can't afford for him to go down first (which sometimes happens in tougher situations). If he can survive longer, then the team can survive longer... and he still hits like a truck (well, maybe a mini-van). Also, having him stronger will make some higher levels auto-attackable. The other reason is, most of the other characters that were suggested and voted for seem to be working alright at 4* for now. Still, your comments have given me a lot of insight and got me thinking of using characters that I haven't really touched yet, like the Troll.

My big question is: Does his healing ability increase with his stars/levels?

>>>UPDATE<<< I just read that the heal amount is based on my ATK stat... so yes.

Wish me luck!

OpticSugar
09-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Oh i didnt know this was a multiple choice poll and only voted holy smoke...

Wouldve also voted PSS, blue soldier and soldier eddie, still it depends on what your team needs.

I personally go with a dmg (the nomad) , a tank (allies general) and a healer (soldier eddie) it helps me get through underworld easily, since my soldier eddie dies from a 1 meter drop... the nomad's vanish helps greatly, especially on a healer with low hp!

yeah, I wish I had a Nomad...

My top most coveted characters in this game are:

1. Cyborg Eddie
2. Pharaoh Eddie
3. Axis Commander (I refuse to call him otherwise)
4. The Nomad
5. Child of the Damned (warrior)

BillLion
09-08-2016, 01:30 PM

1. Cyborg Eddie
2. Pharaoh Eddie
4. The Nomad

Funny, I have #2 and #5 on your list, but the rest are (in order) the ones I want most!!

Good luck with Pharaoh Sun Spirit.

OpticSugar
09-08-2016, 02:00 PM
I feel like I'm in good hands with the PSS... his ATK stat went from 447 to around 750... so seeing that his healing ability is based on the ATK stat, his healing ability almost doubled! That's huge. Really helps out with the auto-grind.

Now... any suggestions for talisman strategies for him? I've currently got:
2x MAX 50 green Stone talismans (overwhelming/mystical)
2x MAX 50 red Burning talismans (fierce)
plus a filler red and green 4* lv 40

The character forces me to have 3 red talismans. I like the burning ability... but I'm willing to sacrifice it for something better.

Currently, my carriage rider has freezing talismans and they work great, so I might not want to be redundant with that.

lockpeter
09-08-2016, 02:30 PM
"Currently, my carriage rider has freezing talismans and they work great, so I might not want to be redundant with that. "

I do use two allies with freezing, and it works wonders. I do prefer extra turns not receiving damage than a bit extra damage produced (aka burning).
If the allies have stun it is even better. If AOE it is perfect. Two oportunities per turn for freezing everyone added to two oportunities to sturn that result most of times in 2 or 3 enemies stunned. Eddie just need to finish the remaining ones ( holy smoke great for it as he can stun them).

Best attack is stunned or freezed enemies.

All said if it is two corrupt generals plus holy smoke, it is rather the win win. (tons of stun and freeze plus not bad damage)

BillLion
09-08-2016, 02:47 PM
"Currently, my carriage rider has freezing talismans and they work great, so I might not want to be redundant with that. "

I do use two allies with freezing, and it works wonders. I do prefer extra turns not receiving damage than a bit extra damage produced (aka burning).
If the allies have stun it is even better. If AOE it is perfect. Two oportunities per turn for freezing everyone added to two oportunities to sturn that result most of times in 2 or 3 enemies stunned. Eddie just need to finish the remaining ones ( holy smoke great for it as he can stun them).

Best attack is stunned or freezed enemies.

All said if it is two corrupt generals plus holy smoke, it is rather the win win. (tons of stun and freeze plus not bad damage)

Freeze talismans are great! Since I don't have the corrupt general, I've made my poor man's version by upgrading my allied magus soldier to 5*s and adding freezing talismans.

Nekroliun
09-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Freeze talismans are great! Since I don't have the corrupt general, I've made my poor man's version by upgrading my allied magus soldier to 5*s and adding freezing talismans.

"poor man's version" LOL

1. Cyborg Eddie
2. Pharaoh Eddie
4. The Nomad

I have the warrior COTD but i dont use him that much, the nomad can do much more dmg imo, but the COTD is better for farming imo with his extra turn.

And btw AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT WANTS RAINMAKER OVER CYBORG???

maxdeviations
09-08-2016, 03:46 PM

stone talismans do not work .. they promise 1% increase on def from HP. .. i tried it it doest not increase by 1% increases be +1. lol

OpticSugar
09-08-2016, 03:51 PM
stone talismans do not work .. they promise 1% increase on def from HP. .. i tried it it doest not increase by 1% increases be +1. lol

damn... why did I upgrade those? Doh! Is there a preferred green talisman, one that needs 3 for it's special ability? Should I just go straight strength (overwhelming)?

maxdeviations
09-09-2016, 02:17 PM
i was thinking of doing the paralysis (3 set). but the percentage of stun is lie 12% .. so not too sure now ... may try it out. btw i read somewhere ascension talisman doesnt work either. cheers

MuadDib-7367
09-09-2016, 02:39 PM
I feel like I'm in good hands with the PSS... his ATK stat went from 447 to around 750... so seeing that his healing ability is based on the ATK stat, his healing ability almost doubled! That's huge. Really helps out with the auto-grind.

2x MAX 50 red Burning talismans (fierce)
plus a filler red and green 4* lv 40

The character forces me to have 3 red talismans. I like the burning ability... but I'm willing to sacrifice it for something better.

Currently, my carriage rider has freezing talismans and they work great, so I might not want to be redundant with that.

I use all Strength (fierce) talisman on my PSS. Boasting his attack is all that matters.

The Educated fool
09-10-2016, 12:58 AM
Some good advice coming from the Educated Fool. Hehe.

It was indeed... and yet, your SoL has gone unleveled! lol ;)

T'is a fine Sun Spirit you have now though, I must say!