PDA

View Full Version : Labyrinth talisman complaint

Horus-2545
12-02-2019, 07:30 PM
These need to go away. They are the scourge of PVP (along with Ferryman passive disable crap). I have had 3 characters alive--fully stacked VHE, Cosmic LOL and Werewolf all fully healthy. Yet, it took about 35 turns to kill VHE. Is Labyrinth somehow reducing damage and reducing damage chance? The VHE on the other side only had a blind Cosmic on. Ridiculous!!! Any comments?

Beddie
12-02-2019, 07:32 PM
Probably the games bias in arena

César Farfán
12-04-2019, 03:38 AM
Happened to me two times in the last week.
It's ridiculous, it should to be 60% safe from attack.
But it seems like 98%.
Hundreds of turns to kill just one toon.
And, same case just like you, having three or four toons alive.

Neuritico
12-04-2019, 07:47 AM
For some reason those talismans works finely in arena pvp. not same efficiency in dungeons, anyway there is a set of talisman quantistic designed on porpuse for to face labyrith talismans and reflection of damage seems to be fatal for labyrinth too.

Bakura
12-04-2019, 03:17 PM
These need to go away. They are the scourge of PVP (along with Ferryman passive disable crap). I have had 3 characters alive--fully stacked VHE, Cosmic LOL and Werewolf all fully healthy. Yet, it took about 35 turns to kill VHE. Is Labyrinth somehow reducing damage and reducing damage chance? The VHE on the other side only had a blind Cosmic on. Ridiculous!!! Any comments?

Here's the deal.

Labyrinths have a 60% chance of not taking damage. Therefore multiple hits have a higher chance.

The AI is jacked, what is 60% is really 90%+ to the AI. And what is 60% ends up being 35% on our end.

I've gone through attacking labs w/ a full team taking 5 rounds against a lone Ed. Putting marks on will wear them down quicker.

It sux when I used to use them on Set and he'd die quick.... but when the AI has the same, it takes forever.

I use Labs on Van Helsing. I worked hard to get both. So just like life... nothing is free or easy.
Winners either have $ or work hard or both.

Be patient... you to will eventually acquire top talis and toons, then you won't want them nerfed cuz someone without says it's unfair.
All is fair in battle.

As the previous person was saying, Quantum talis deal 6 extra hits to Labyrinth wearers.

Good Luck!

EdManDan
12-04-2019, 04:26 PM
Well I have to agree Horus.

and I will add, many battles where LOL-W and Witch with Labs are involved usually ends-up in a draw... I've seen like 10 extra turns for the witch without a response from the defending team! lol

BTW draws should be rewarded really higher with awakening stuff since they are so hard to get...

Caesar815
12-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Well I have to agree Horus.

BTW draws should be rewarded really higher with awakening stuff since they are so hard to get...

I’m totally on your side bro. And I have never got any draws except fighting against a team with ferryman or a toon with lab talis suited. So, they’re hard to achieve and remember.
And, therefore, need to be better rewarded, right.

Volrath
12-05-2019, 12:07 AM
Orbits annoy me much more than labyrinth. With labyrinth you just have to be in it for the long haul. With orbits, if you have too many true damage dealers and can’t kill the wearer, you’re screwed. Not even passive disable will help you. If it were up to me, those tallywhackers would only work for the user not the entire party.

Bakura
12-05-2019, 02:22 AM
Orbits annoy me much more than labyrinth. With labyrinth you just have to be in it for the long haul. With orbits, if you have too many true damage dealers and can’t kill the wearer, you’re screwed. Not even passive disable will help you. If it were up to me, those tallywhackers would only work for the user not the entire party.

And now we have Forge talis.

You have to have a toon who can remove gold buffs..... multiple times.

That infinite Perf. Heal shield everytime a player hits 1 hp, is tough to beat.
My Major Malakhov removes all buffs, but if you don't kill the tali wearer, then everytime another enemy hits 1 hp, they all get infinite Perf. Health.... again.

I got a draw on my first encounter with a team wearing Forge. They were on the Alchemist.
I wore him down, but ran out of time.

Good times are ahead with this one.
Forge talis will change the arena meta.

Yup
12-05-2019, 06:00 AM
Nah just need to inflict Perfect Corruption or block buffs. While you still need to throw a death strike twice, that eliminates the whole Perfect Health issue. :)

URock
12-05-2019, 04:09 PM
Today I fought against a single Van Helsing Eddie with Labyrinth.
No chance to kill him because he was healing himself so that his health NEVER went down to zero.
I switched from manual to auto and the AI killed him.
Premium development!

Caesar815
12-05-2019, 05:23 PM
I don’t even have any of these talis. But I have to struggle with them any time our paths cross. 🤬

Bakura
12-05-2019, 09:25 PM
I don’t even have any of these talis. But I have to struggle with them any time our paths cross. ��

That deal for $24.99 that has 5 sets of the 5 talis has Labyrinth.
I needed ironite for the Bounty Hunter grind, figured I would get a second set of Labs so I don't have to pull them off my Arena team if I need to use them elsewhere, so I got that pak, even though I did not need any of the other sets.
It's hard to get Labs. The Labyrinth dungeon super duper rarely drops them.

I don't have much money, but these Labs are one of the best.

When I hit AAA and above in gauntlet, the Labs, Vipers, Orbits, Alchemy, Singularities are a must.

The timer on those paks are running out today I believe.

Yup
12-05-2019, 09:32 PM
I bought a 2 of the banner packs for 900 ironite last round with a "chance" to drop Labryinths -- first set.. nuthing.... second set actually dropped 2 full sets.

Labyrinths also drop in the Labyrinth dungeon.

Ydex
12-05-2019, 09:36 PM
f#ck it. I'd rather spend $25 than FC for a Lab key.

eta
Question: Eternal Dungeons drop "random frontier keys"
--do they ever drop Lab keys?

Discordian
12-05-2019, 09:52 PM
If you run the Labyrinth dungeon to get Fallen Icky, and then run it to get the stretch goal WITH Fallen Icky, you should get about 4 sets of labs and a bunch of sacreds (which are also awesome) taboot.

Ydex
12-05-2019, 09:56 PM
Sacreds pack a heck of a punch in two slots.

Sacred + Destiny are great on a blocker-- as you draw the damage, generate continuous defense and healing to self, reduced damage to all, and team healing.

Discordian
12-05-2019, 09:58 PM
Sacreds pack a heck of a punch in two slots. Sacred + Destiny are great on a blocker.

Or Sacred + Fortune on Oni Ed, Sacred+Hex+Cosmic on Lucy, etc - I've leveled up 4 pairs just so I can leave 'em on toons that can really benefit from them...

Yup
12-05-2019, 10:01 PM
f#ck it. I'd rather spend $25 than FC for a Lab key.

eta
Question: Eternal Dungeons drop "random frontier keys"
--do they ever drop Lab keys?

Don't think so.. all I saw are Gangland and Talisman keys. Maybe an Airstrip key once or twice.

Ydex
12-05-2019, 10:03 PM
I've leveled up 4 pairs just so I can leave 'em on toons that can really benefit from them...

I'm just getting to the point where I don't have to swap Talismans out constantly.

Like, an extra set of Primordials I can just leave on the Prisoner. When I need him, I can just drop him in. One of the nice things about the Cyborg dungeon, tbh.

Would be nice to have an extra set of Orbits, so I could leave Alex Ed suited up.

Yup
12-05-2019, 10:36 PM
Alex is exceptionally difficult to kill or exceptionally time-consuming to kill if you throw Sacreds on him and his passive isn't disabled at battle start. Takes a multi-turn character to get a couple turns in order to kill him. With Orbits, Alex is a 1-hit kill from Van Helsing or a few others. Orbits aren't great for defense unless you face only true damage dealers. Orbits on W LOL work so well due to the counter/revenge strikes of W LOL's passive. They work well on Cosmic/Gunner LOL too only not to the same degree as W LOL.

César Farfán
12-06-2019, 05:26 AM
Alex is exceptionally difficult to kill or exceptionally time-consuming to kill if you throw Sacreds on him and his passive isn't disabled at battle start. Takes a multi-turn character to get a couple turns in order to kill him. With Orbits, Alex is a 1-hit kill from Van Helsing or a few others. Orbits aren't great for defense unless you face only true damage dealers. Orbits on W LOL work so well due to the counter/revenge strikes of W LOL's passive. They work well on Cosmic/Gunner LOL too only not to the same degree as W LOL.

I think just like you.
In fact, I have my team like that.
W Lol with Orbit and has more chances to clear effects.
And Alex has Vipers.
This way, Alex it's harder to kill.

drrchmnd
12-06-2019, 05:57 AM
heres a fun one i had today...

nothing fancy on the opposing team either for talisman... alchemist i cant remember, orbit on eddie, fortune and sacred on lilith, and the fun one singularity on aset. And of course things weren't working so there was no way to disable the passive on lilith in the first round. Couldn't beat that one but then again they couldn't beat me either so it was a draw everytime.

And my biggest complaint about it was that it was a draw and of course you lose the win streak buffs.

URock
12-06-2019, 11:54 AM
What I don't understand is, that Labyrinth is preventing from getting debuffs and negative effects. They prevent from getting damage, that's ok, but I fought against a single toon in PVP and nothing worked on this toon. Fully maxed Magus and Sentinel LOL NEVER triggered their debuffs (Dark Ghost & Passive Disable). Burn effects don't work either.
No damage = no debuffs & no negative effects? Is this the formula?

Smudger24
12-06-2019, 01:32 PM
I do find it really hard to get doom or dark ghost to trigger on raven witch with labyrinth. But not a problem for other debuffs, which doesn't matter much anyway, debuffs hardy do damage with labyrinth, and she clears the silvers most the time.

But I find if timed right mLOL can trigger the silvers to take her down.

Horus-2545
12-06-2019, 02:05 PM
You are too right Volrath! My Raven Witch and brand new Cyborg Eddie are useless for the whole game from an offensive standpoint because of a set of talismans. Ridiculous idea! It would have been better to have at least set a limit (one character is immune to it per turn--or two characters per turn--or for a total of 5 turns).
I think some talisman need a debut and correction--Labyrinth, Orbit and Singularity.

Horus-2545
12-06-2019, 02:31 PM
Love your Avatar yup! Reminds me of something...

Horus-2545
12-06-2019, 02:34 PM
Not to go on with Labyrinth (and maybe this is unrelated to Labyrinth bug and more related to VHE)--I had been relying on sleep heavy teams. I would have all my characters and have the other team down to VHE with Labyrinth. I would have him asleep every time. He would somehow twitch, resurrect a teammate, and then go back to sleep. That would happen over and over again, annoyingly. That's a clear bug... since a sleeping toon should not be able to sleep walk.