PDA

View Full Version : Talisman Disable

Beddie
12-04-2019, 05:20 PM
With the increased amount of Over Powered Talismans being released, I feel that we need a new ability to neutralise the playing field.

Caesar815
12-04-2019, 05:55 PM
I guess you’re right, mate.
It’s getting more and more difficult to win battles in gauntlet, arena and in the dungeons, if you don’t have these talis needed. I’m losing joy and fun, BUT I won’t pay money for them.

osiris0000
12-04-2019, 06:50 PM
Yes, would be the best feature to throw all talismans to garbage and kill variety. If you have the toon or talisman can do that you don't need something else or think about strategy.

Amarthir
12-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Yeah.... Crazy as talismans are now, talisman disable would really make everything useless. If it functions in the same way passive disable does it could maybe theoretically possibly be feasible. But it would most likely do more harm than good unfortunately

Smudger24
12-04-2019, 07:11 PM
Maybe a tali that disables one or two random characters talis per round.

Caesar815
12-04-2019, 07:21 PM
Maybe a tali that disables one or two random characters talis per round.

Just like prisoner‘s passive ability to random disables passives of chars

teys285
12-06-2019, 07:52 PM

Seems logical. The same way we can disable an passive, we can disable a talisman. It would break the game if you could disable all talismans for the duration of the battle, but disable for 1 turn... it's reasonable...

HK-47
12-06-2019, 11:55 PM
No. A better idea would be to have arena seasons, with one of the restrictions being say, no talisman effects, or no talisman stats, or warrior only, ot 4-star only.

Muzzleloader
12-07-2019, 12:45 AM
Would a disable passive talisman disable a disable talisman?

How about a single hit toon be able to apply disable buff to a talisman on an opponent.

drrchmnd
12-07-2019, 01:44 AM
With the increased amount of Over Powered Talismans being released, I feel that we need a new ability to neutralise the playing field.

Absolutely fecking no unless there are some incredible strict controls on it. By controls I mean, character that can wear it, what other talisman can be worn with it, what other talisman can be worn within the fighting group, how it disables talisman, quantity it disables, how many sets can be used at once, it absolutely can NOT be an uber rare item, how often it triggers, what triggers it... do I need to continue?

A talisman disable has the potential to completely screw up the already mucked up game play. Now if we are talking something along the lines of following it might be worth it.

3 (or 4) set cosmic talisman with typical mr/def atk/magic etc type increases (or an ascension type item) can be worn by all characters but the disable talisman effect is only active when worn by cosmic characters. Has a 25% chance to disable up to two of the following talisman for 1 round: singularity, celestial, alchemy, rider, primordial, light etc etc ie the ultra freaking annoying ones. Only one set can be worn per team. Has a 10% chance to disable the same talisman on your own team.

Or the following (which is where we are headed next... yeah I would put money on this)

Enhanced/Awakened talismans. With an option of adding an additional effect on a cosmic talisman. Again massive stipulations and low trigger rate.

Past something like this oh hells no. Potential game killer.

Blazpheme
12-07-2019, 03:08 AM
I feel your frustration, I have had my share of battles that went on way too long (or jaw-droppingly short) because of some talisman effect that I did not anticipate. But I get the feeling that a talisman disable effect would make things so much worse without strict limitations - maybe if it were like the Skill talismans (Death Mark, Meteor, etc...) where you could only use it if you had enough power points. I don't know...

I agree with HK-47 that a better idea would be to have arena seasons each week. The possibilities would be endless (no Assassin characters, no Shields, all stats lowered by 50%, only Magic damage characters, all characters afflicted with Heal Block...).

Seeing the same characters and talismans over and over has made the arena quite predictable (and somewhat pointless), and this kind of feature would encourage players to dust off characters that don't see much action and would most certainly make the arena an interesting place again.

HK-47
12-07-2019, 07:51 AM
Glad I have some support. One of the reasons I love the Gauntlet so much is that it makes you use characters you wouldn't normally, so applying that to the arena, which is not as restricted as the Gauntlet, would majorly freshen up the arena experience.

Hartacus
12-10-2019, 11:33 PM
Glad I have some support. One of the reasons I love the Gauntlet so much is that it makes you use characters you wouldn't normally, so applying that to the arena, which is not as restricted as the Gauntlet, would majorly freshen up the arena experience.

I agree, just used Alchemist for the first time in months for SS 2 and he was the only one of my team who survived

Only in SS for the second time ever but one thing I've noticed about the talisman set-up is there's often either a way around it or an absolutely stupid set up. Raven Witch with Starfires alongside Ferryman, first turn to me. First time I got slaughtered, then realised load up a team of single target, beat up Ferryman turn 1 which made the Starfires obsolete.

Example 2: Raven Witch again with Starfires, Cosmic LoL with Celestials, Celestials completely negated the Starfires

AncientEvil
12-12-2019, 05:34 AM
Talisman effects are the last thing we have that can't be disabled to defend ourselves against cheaters and rich people that get everything and everything goes their way.

If you are referring to the Cyborg talisman: They are dividing a really long passive in half onto a talisman, so I don't really see an argument there, plus it's character specific.

If in fact talisman effects do get disabled, then prepare to shovel out big bucks for new awakenable characters once or twice a week that use this ability. BAD IDEA.

Muzzleloader
12-12-2019, 01:39 PM
How are players cheating? This is a freemium game, if you want an advantage spend real money.

Unwon
12-12-2019, 01:43 PM
Lol double brave talisman can go kill themselves

HK-47
12-12-2019, 11:58 PM
Lol double brave talisman can go kill themselves

It's not too bad now, we have Forge talismans and Inugami, who both do area of effect Perfect Death quite easily

AncientEvil
12-13-2019, 03:55 AM
Muzzleloader I'm so sick of your bullshit, do I really need to spell it out for you? Using counterfeit money to buy stuff. So sick of your bullshit.

Muzzleloader
12-13-2019, 04:03 AM
If it is so easy, why dont you use fake currency?

Ydex
12-13-2019, 04:29 AM
Wait, I need you to spell it out for me. How do you spend counterfeit through a phone ???

Muzzleloader
12-13-2019, 04:54 AM
Ydex, even if I could produce enough ironite to have unlimited play time. I dont have the time to babysit the game. I still havent went through a key without having connection issues. Even with free playtime, you still need to put time in to earn resources to upgrade toons/talis you bought with the fake currency.

Ydex
12-13-2019, 06:03 AM
It takes many, many hours per day. That's for sure.

Yup
12-13-2019, 06:31 AM
Ydex, even if I could produce enough ironite to have unlimited play time. I dont have the time to babysit the game.

AMEN BRUDDA!!

.....even IF there are no connection issues.. it's very rare you can burn through a key anywhere without the app just crashing -- and that INCLUDED the 3-run keys... the app still crashed is just those three runs.

drrchmnd
12-15-2019, 06:42 PM

I think I have made it pretty clear I am not in favor of a talisman disable type item without some very strict controls. However with the announcement of The Prisoner being put on the awakened list it would not surprise me if this happened.

This would also fit with being able to be controlled very tightly. Where the talisman disable is only available after awakening, it is a random 25% (max) to occur and affect 1 or 2 characters, and it might only impact on specific talisman. Really I don't see the point of a talisman disable working on say strength, holy, health, comet etc etc ad nauseam. Having it work on starfire, orbit, labyrinth, and similar type talisman would make sense. This would potentially only allow the disable to "hit" maybe 10-15% of the time. It would have to trigger and then the character(s) it would impact would have to have one of the impacted talisman. Otherwise it fizzles or disables passives for an extra turn or something.

That said I still would prefer it to be set of talisman or such as I have already said.

Beddie
12-15-2019, 06:46 PM
I’d say that it would be: Either a character has a Passive Disable OR Talisman Disable effect on them at once, so if a character has passive disable on them and they get hit with a talisman Disable, the Passive is restored but the talisman gets Disabled (and visa Versa)

drrchmnd
12-16-2019, 06:12 AM
Ya know I can think of something I would almost want more than a talisman disable.... a talisman counter. Meaning.... the opposing team has orbit and starfire on 2 chars and I die because of it. I then change up my talisman on my chars so that I have a cosmic talisman with orbit counter and another char has one with starfire counter. Orbit counter talisman effect causes the orbit talisman to be say 50% effective at blocking true damage and the starfire only reflects back say 60% of damage but its either magic or physical instead of random which could include true damage. This counter effect would be able to be added to any cosmic talisman.

AncientEvil
12-20-2019, 05:18 AM
Well, Well, Well... Looks like ol' Father Time (Alchemist) is going to beat your kid (moonchild) like a redheaded step child with Talisman Disable

Chalk up another one to reverse psychology, you guys are too easy. HaHaHaHaHaaaaaa!!!!

Caesar815
12-20-2019, 05:54 AM

Like I said. Finally there is something to disable at least two of the most powerful talis: viper and labyrinth. Awesome. Although it’s not a passive skill so to say, and it will be hard and difficult to achieve, awakening the alchemist is the next meta. 🤘🏻

Zugzwang
12-20-2019, 06:08 AM
I can’t speak for fully awakened Alchemist, but a 4 star awakened alchemist goes down in 1 turn. I’ve seen a handful. Better tank him up.

Zugzwang
12-20-2019, 06:09 AM
Well, Well, Well... Looks like ol' Father Time (Alchemist) is going to beat your kid (moonchild) like a redheaded step child with Talisman Disable

Chalk up another one to reverse psychology, you guys are too easy. HaHaHaHaHaaaaaa!!!!

What was the example of reverse psychology? And who are you addressing?

drrchmnd
01-12-2020, 10:07 PM
Quote Originally Posted by AncientEvil View Post

What was the example of reverse psychology? And who are you addressing?

I don't think he understands what reverse psychology is much less basic psychology. Add into that I am not sure he understands what he is attempting to talk about. So far I haven't managed to figure out what he is talking about other than rambling to ramble. Sorta trying to figure out how people are cheating when they buy stuff. Add into that the using counterfeit money comment... yeah I don't think they are a coherent conversation.