PDA

View Full Version : terrible soul drop ...

annouvis25
12-08-2019, 07:21 PM
hallo guys i want to ask why too terrible drop rate i summon 100 rare soul and only 1x5* that means 1% for 5 star the drop rate is terrible and this wasnt the first time. but this time i decise to upload this

Muzzleloader
12-08-2019, 08:33 PM
I believe it is only a 1.5 % drop rate for 5* so that wasnt to bad of a pull. I once dropped 175 R/A souls with no 4 or 5*. I have seen 3 5* drop in a stack or rare souls. It really is RNG. If you dropped 10 souls and pull a 5* that would be a 10% drop rate. If you drop souls long enough you get use to being disappointed. Event souls are even worse if you are going for the event toons.

Esquatcho
12-09-2019, 04:12 AM
hallo guys i want to ask why too terrible drop rate i summon 100 rare soul and only 1x5* that means 1% for 5 star the drop rate is terrible and this wasnt the first time. but this time i decise to upload this

Yep, in the soul screen, click the (i), it will show you the odds of each type of soul. In general, you can expect 1 5* for every 100 regular souls. But for that you also get epic and then mythical soul frags, which improve your chances in the long run.

Keep grinding my friend!

Azagthor
12-09-2019, 07:43 AM
A drop-rate buff wouldn't be unwelcome, especially for older characters.

teys285
12-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Think about this way... You got a lot frags for Epic Souls, wich will give you frags to Mythical Souls. If you get a 5* from a Rare Soul is a huge bonus... Not only that, by sacrificing all the toons, you fill the Vortex really fast, wich wil give you a lot of souls! :cool:

Your face
12-09-2019, 07:27 PM
It's a weird observation but I have found that the best day to summon souls is Wednesday I don't know if this is a like an algorithm thingy but I've always had the best luck on Wednesday

Wanderer
12-10-2019, 03:02 PM
Mythical Souls are not much better, all the times (yes, 100%) that I have opened one, I've got a dup Eddie. And I have counted and my probabilities were 4:1, I mean, there were four times 5* toons I didn't have against the ones I already had, so I might be the most unlucky guy with that.

I don't believe it is "seriously" a RNG distribution... When the FotD fragments started I opened a rare soul and I got a FotD Eddie, when the VHE came out, I got a Vampire Hunter Eddie, and so on... so I think that someone really has his/her hands behind those probabilities.
Also, it has happened to me that I have lost connection just after it opening 10 rare souls, I see the toons, then the phone crashes, I restart, my souls are there again, I reopen the souls, and I got exactly the same 10 toons. C'mon!!!
If it's really random, the only explanation is that the RNG is generated at the moment when you get the soul, not when opening them.

Tim28213
12-10-2019, 03:51 PM
I have seen several times where the system crashes after I open souls and when the system restarts it is always exactly the same souls. The Devs have said that the character is generated when the soul is opened, but I've seen that happen several times so it makes me question what is happening.

Mateja
12-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Character is generated when the soul enters BoS. You can try shutting the game on purpose when you drop a soul before you press all the ok buttons, no matter how many times you open a same soul it will always be the same result.
If a soul enters your BoS before a new toon is released you will not be able to get it from that soul. Frags are not counted in BoS tho, so if you keep the soul unclaimed you will be able to get that new toon from it when you claim it.

Azagthor
12-11-2019, 03:37 AM
If a soul enters your BoS before a new toon is released you will not be able to get it from that soul. Frags are not counted in BoS tho, so if you keep the soul unclaimed you will be able to get that new toon from it when you claim it.

Wouldn't that would mean each individual soul is a separate data-point the game has to track? Rather than tracking how many of each item, it would have to record what each soul contains. Would perhaps be more likely for it to instead track whatever rng value was used when you open a soul, to re-use if the summoning gets cancelled for whatever reason?

I've not experienced it myself yet, but I'm sure people have been able to pull new characters from old souls. It's possible everyone who got a werewolf before the Halloween event started earned those souls at the same time?

Yup
12-11-2019, 03:51 AM
Souls have # locked in them... If a new character is added which causes numbers to change.... then it is possible to pull a new character from an existing soul. However, the odds of that happening are very slim. The character numbers don't change that much. If they add an assassin character.. it may add 1 to the assassin table.. that 1 may cause a shift in souls... say the new character is at position #3 in the table. If a soul is already assigned #3, it'll open #3. So, If that #3 is the new assassin character.. there ya go... It's rare, but can happen - you could also win the lotto... so.. yeah.... 99.9% of the time you won't get new characters from OLD souls.. you have much better chances of getting new characters from NEW souls.

Everyone that got, for example, the werewolves before the event started did that with new souls .. not old souls.

It's always better to horde frags than it is to hoard souls.

As for the crashes and seeing the same souls.. the souls don't change their assigned number once they are generated.. so if the app crashes.. you still have the souls with the exact same #s assigned to them - thus the same characters. If you think about it, it makes sense in terms of preventing exploits. If the souls were a different # each time they were dropped into the BOS.. you could drop.. not like the characters, force quit the app, relaunch and drop again until you got characters you wanted.

Azagthor
12-11-2019, 04:00 AM
Souls have # locked in them... If a new character is added which causes numbers to change.... then it is possible to pull a new character from an existing soul. However, the odds of that happening are very slim. The character numbers don't change that much. If they add an assassin character.. it may add 1 to the assassin table.. that 1 may cause a shift in souls... say the new character is at position #3 in the table. If a soul is already assigned #3, it'll open #3. So, If that #3 is the new assassin character.. there ya go... It's rare, but can happen - you could also win the lotto... so.. yeah.... 99.9% of the time you won't get new characters from OLD souls.. you have much better chances of getting new characters from NEW souls.

Everyone that got, for example, the werewolves before the event started did that with new souls .. not old souls.

It's always better to horde frags than it is to hoard souls.

Thanks for the explanation! Since learning there are events for pretty much everything, I've been holding off on using souls/currency/etc, including converting my fragments into souls. While I've not heard of any frag -> soul events, it seems like I've been making the right decision accidentally :D

Yup
12-11-2019, 04:06 AM
They haven't really had any frag -> soul events...

...in the past I've gotten a new Eddie merely by converting my class-specific Mythical frags into souls and dropping them. And same for the others. That's how I got 3 of the 5 werewolves before the event officially started. Just make certain the new character is part of the souls.. they aren't always.

Wanderer
12-11-2019, 03:46 PM
They haven't really had any frag -> soul events...

...in the past I've gotten a new Eddie merely by converting my class-specific Mythical frags into souls and dropping them. And same for the others. That's how I got 3 of the 5 werewolves before the event officially started. Just make certain the new character is part of the souls.. they aren't always.

Hmmm... interesting point... let's see if I can use it. I always change my frags into souls when I have enough frags to form one or two souls