PDA

View Full Version : Allied Bomber Boy (Sentinel)

Kardas
09-07-2016, 10:09 PM
Accurate as of PVP Update

Considering this guy's a Top Prize according to the Sentinel Rare Soul in the Trooper store, I thought I'd see more on him.

I pulled him a week or two ago and he's quite decent. Here are his skills:

Bomb
Deals AoE magic damage, 45% chance to inflict up to 2 Magic Burns. Skill Shard use increases the burn chance to 70%
Damage increases based on DEF and HP

Fortune (5 PWR)
Heals all allies for 25% of Current HP, with 45% chance to Raise Accuracy. Skill Shard use increases the Accuracy chance to 50%

Flex (Passive)
Raises DEF & MR of your team for 1 turn at the start of the battle.

He's got 3 colorless and 3 green Talisman slots. He drops as a 4* character

He's quite nice, especially since some of the post-October updates streamlined him and the Gunner and buffed them. His biggest downfall IMO is that his heal is based on his Current HP, so he won't heal much if he's in the red. In that regard, he pairs up well with a Blocker (Desert Guardian, Dog of War, Angel of Strife), or a taunter. Damage is pretty decent too for a Sentinel.

For Talismans, there are a few options for the Bomber. Either:

- 3 Green and 3 blue (Power). A Freeze set gives you decent damage and great support in stuns and extra burniness. A Paladin set and a random blue is better for damage. As with the above section, go for 3 Health for better heals, or 3 Energy (or Blind) for support.
- All green. Pile on 6 Health (either Mystical or Ward), or replace 3 with an Energy or Blind (Mystical or Ward) set for extra support. You could also try an Ascension set (strictly better than a Stone set because the Bomber Boy's MAGIC stat scales more than his DEF stat). This is nice if you want him to be an especiall powerful healer.

An interesting damage-focused loadout would be 2 Power Paladin Talismans, and either 4 Health or Ascension Ward Talismans.

I've done a test on Talisman subtypes and the damage they Bomber Boy produces, and I found out that Ward Talismans outdamage the Mystical and Overwhelming Talismans. Of course, Mystical Talismans are a good option if you want extra DEF to protect against Warrior characters. Furthermore, blue Power Talismans provide more offense than Ward or Mystical green Talismans, despite Bomb's HP and DEF scaling

My own Bomber Boy uses a Freeze Power and an Energy Ward set.

I think this guy would synergize great with Wicker Man Eddie. Bomber Boy burns everyone so that Wicker Ed can consume the burns, and he helps keep him alive. Anyone with the Strike skill (the basic attack for Run To The Hills Ed and the Assassin Eddies) can also profit off the Accuracy boost. People with Stuns like Mummy Eddie and Corrupt General are also fine partners.

There's also a Gunner variant who drops as a 3*. His skills:

Bomb
Deals AoE magic damage, 45% chance to inflict up to 2 Magic Burns. Skill Shard use increases the burn chance to 70%
Damage increases based on DEF and MAX HP

Decay (4PWR)
Deals AoE magic damage that increases based on your DEF with a 50% chance to lower ATK. The attack also inflicts additional true damage for every Damage over Time effect on the target. The ATK drop is increased to 2 turns with Skill Shard use.

The best Talismans for the Gunner Bomber are probably similar to the ones on the Sentinel Bomber: 3 green (Mystical or Ward) and 3 blue (Power). You might also want to use a Thief (Bulwark) set instead of a green set to have extra Fury generation instead of extra Power.
Another interesting possibility for the Gunner Bomber would be a Holy set, a Shock set and a Health set. This would give you good damage and another damage over time effect for Decay. The subtype for the Talismans is tricky though. The Gunner Bomber has a lot more DEF than MR. While Power and Ward subtypes might give you the best offense, a few Arcane Talismans might not be a bad idea.

He has 3 colorless, and 3 blue Talisman slots (used to be 3 colorless, 2 yellow and one red)

slauki
09-07-2016, 11:17 PM
you made a pretty solid analysis about this character.

but he deals magic damage, that's why i also put some ward talismans on him. the overhelming boost the attack stat, and i this is useless for him. on the other hand the overhelming got approx. 2500 more healt per talisman, in total this is+12500 health. so i wonder if it would be smart to sacrifice the magic damage to push his health...if the demage scales with max. health i think it means that the basic damage gets an x% boost if the hp is higher than usual. but the magic stat should also be important, but i'm not entirely sure about this. i would like to experiment with that, but it's too hard to upgrade talismans...any other opinion is appreciated :-)

EDIT: his heal is great imo. yes you have to take care that he doesn't get too much damage...mine has got 40k hp if he has 30k left he gives every ally 7500 hp, that's huge...if you boost his healts to the maximum (52 k) you could have a realistic heal of 10k-11k for everyone

Kaijester
09-08-2016, 02:44 AM
I went for as much health as possible as majority of his damage comes from the true burn and that scale with your Max HP.

Kardas
09-15-2016, 10:34 AM
So I thought that both his AoE AND True burn scaled off his Max HP, so I went testing.
My Bomber Boy is a 4* lv 80, and I played Reign of Terror on Battlefield Madness (all Talismans used are maxed 4*)
With 5 Health (Overwhelming) Talismans, he did 902 damage to the purple and yellow Meatheads on the stage
With 2 Health (Overwhelming) Talismans, 2 Paladin (Power) and 1 Holy (Power), he did around 1100 damage to the yellow and purple Meatheads

Frankly, I'm disappointed. I would have really preferred if everything ran off his Health.

But I suppose Kaijester's right in that the True Burn does better damage, especially if you increase that trigger chance with SKill Shards.

As a result, I've updated the Talisman recs

MetalWarrior
09-30-2016, 04:14 PM
i was ignoring this guy almost for a month,even with bunch of health talisman on him,he wasn't helping much in battle..
until yesterday, i replaced his 3 talismans with freeze talisman set.. yay! :p

Kardas
10-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Ack, how could I miss that? I love it, will add it to the Talisman recs

I was actually thinking of running him on a burny team for the upcoming PVP update. Team would have:

- Wicker Man Eddie for extreme single target goodness.
- Allied Bomber Boy for heals and Burns
- Warrior Pyro Soldier for AoE damage, defensive buffs and more Burns (plus, he's got buffs incoming!)
- Sentinel Soulless Demon to keep people away from squishy Ed and to keep Bomber Boy's heals up

Thoughts?

MetalWarrior
10-07-2016, 01:55 PM
I've also got a gunner type of this character,same basic skill as the sentinel unit,power ability is good too.
wasn't using it since i received it few weeks ago,still at (3* lvl 1)
i don't see any dedicated thread for that,so it's probably easy to have it in same thread,anyone using that character ?
i just want to take a peek at the talisman build. :D

Nekroliun
10-07-2016, 02:02 PM
My brother got the sentinel bomber on day one... i personally thought he was shit (and i still do), but in early levels with a bunch of level 1 rank 1 talismans he can kick ass!

I also got mine from the legendary soul...

MetalWarrior
10-07-2016, 02:12 PM
My brother got the sentinel bomber on day one... i personally thought he was shit (and i still do), but in early levels with a bunch of level 1 rank 1 talismans he can kick ass!

I also got mine from the legendary soul...

try it yourself,take a magus talisman build from your any max magus character and give that to your sentinel ABB,it will become a different character.
since i'm already convinced with sentinel one,now i'm back to my team listing,and thinking for gunner version.
my thoughts,instead of running behind rare soul and established top class character,make the best use what I've already got.

Nekroliun
10-07-2016, 02:40 PM
try it yourself,take a magus talisman build from your any max magus character and give that to your sentinel ABB,it will become a different character.
since i'm already convinced with sentinel one,now i'm back to my team listing,and thinking for gunner version.
my thoughts,instead of running behind rare soul and established top class character,make the best use what I've already got.

Idk if he would fit in my team, alliance general, the nomad, soldier eddie and the angel of strife (i replace the angel with the assassin golden son depending on the LOL color), the angel of strife almost always freezes my enemies or stuns them! Hes amazing wih freeze talismans, a double set te be exact...

I dont use magic damage, i never do... i find it weak... ill try equipping this guy with double freeze thou...

Kardas
10-10-2016, 02:00 PM
I got my Freeze set to 5* the other day so I can't wait to properly test the Freeze set on the Sentinel

I'll also add info on the Gunner Bomber Boy then, but I don't have the character and my recs are guesswork (however, I can't update the title to include both :/ )
He looks incredibly Multiple Attribute Dependent though: MAGIC for his Bomb, HP for his True Burns, DEF for his Decay... Also he has no use for SPECIAL despite being a Gunner.
Probably give him 2 Fierce Iron Talismans for the red slot, and either Bulwark (for MAGIC and HP) or Onslaught (for DEF) type Talismans in the yellow one. Your best bet for blue Talismans are probably Power, as they up 3 necessary stats. Maybe he's a good char for Thief of Invisibility Talismans since he has no use for SPECIAL anyway.

MetalWarrior
10-13-2016, 01:36 AM
I got my Freeze set to 5* the other day so I can't wait to properly test the Freeze set on the Sentinel

that's going to be amazing,i thought previously freeze augment 35% chances were based on perfect hit, now when i check back,it doesn't say anything about perfect hit. 1413

I'll also add info on the Gunner Bomber Boy then, but I don't have the character and my recs are guesswork (however, I can't update the title to include both :/ )
He looks incredibly Multiple Attribute Dependent though: MAGIC for his Bomb, HP for his True Burns, DEF for his Decay... Also he has no use for SPECIAL despite being a Gunner.
Probably give him 2 Fierce Iron Talismans for the red slot, and either Bulwark (for MAGIC and HP) or Onslaught (for DEF) type Talismans in the yellow one. Your best bet for blue Talismans are probably Power, as they up 3 necessary stats. Maybe he's a good char for Thief of Invisibility Talismans since he has no use for SPECIAL anyway.

there are no other ways than that.:cool:

Browno
11-08-2016, 01:44 PM
I just got this toon to lvl 100 and got 2 health ward and 2 health overwhelming and 2 holy power talismans all max lvl. His basic attack hit between 4-8k depending on enemy type. Im almost at the brink of investing skill shards on this guy. Anyone that have done so before?

FilipMurray
11-30-2016, 05:50 PM
He is an AMAZING character.
I am waiting for third Bomb Talisman for his full build (3 bombs + 3 energy).
Btw, anyone knows where I can find Bomb Talisman?

hold
11-30-2016, 07:04 PM
He is an AMAZING character.
I am waiting for third Bomb Talisman for his full build (3 bombs + 3 energy).
Btw, anyone knows where I can find Bomb Talisman?

What's a Bomb Talisman?

Leo_ID
12-01-2016, 01:08 AM
I have both sentinel and gunner bomber boy. I equip the sentinel one with 6 green talismans (mixed between ward and overwhelming because his damage also scales with DEF). The gunner has 3 freeze and 3 blind talismans.

I think they're pretty great pair, the gunner's decay skill can also consume burns. I usually combine them with Carriage Rider Eddie (wither skill has probability to lower MR and his fury can lower all enemies stats and raise your own) or Storm Eddie (his future skill can give smite debuff to enemies which raise the magic damage they receive). In the LoL dungeon, I usually add PDK or wickerdog queen for magic charge ability.

FilipMurray
12-01-2016, 08:50 AM
What's a Bomb Talisman?

Paralysis Talisman! I am sorry, it has BOMB as image on it. :)

Kardas
01-03-2017, 01:09 PM
I was curious about how Bomb's damage was affected by your MAGIC stat vs the DEF scaling, so I ran my Sentinel Bomber with 3 Freeze and my Mummy's old 3 Energy Ward set, and 3 Freeze and 3 Energy Overwhelming borrowed off my Alliance General.

Conclusion: Ward Talismans offer better damage potential than Mystical or Overwhelming Talismans. Pretty sure this also applies for the Gunner bomber.

blade685
01-04-2017, 06:50 PM
I was curious about how Bomb's damage was affected by your MAGIC stat vs the DEF scaling, so I ran my Sentinel Bomber with 3 Freeze and my Mummy's old 3 Energy Ward set, and 3 Freeze and 3 Energy Overwhelming borrowed off my Alliance General.

Conclusion: Ward Talismans offer better damage potential than Mystical or Overwhelming Talismans. Pretty sure this also applies for the Gunner bomber.
The best for Green bomber boy is 6 health mystical i think because damage is based on max Hp and Def

Fudjo
01-06-2017, 08:26 PM
I'm gonna try 3x Health (Ward) and 3x Freezing (Power) with my ABB. It'll be a while before I see results as I need a truckload of runes. 3x Paralysis (Ward) would be interesting to try.

Kardas
01-08-2017, 11:17 PM
Fudjo, I can also recommend 3 Energy Ward instead of 3 Health Ward. Along with 3 Freeze Power, that's my loadout with the Bomber Boy and it works quite well.
He's good fun to bring alongside the Corrupt General. Energy Talis feed power to CG's Total War, and the Bomber Boy's Bomb gets extra damage from All Hail's MR drop. And the Bomber Boy has a heal available in a pinch. Oh and the burns are nice if you want to use Combust

Fudjo
01-10-2017, 06:53 AM
Hey, thanks for the tip! Sadly (and weirdly) I have only one Energy (Ward) talisman. Plenty of Energy (Overwhelming) though.

Fudjo
01-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Wait, I just found 3 Energy (Ward) I stockpiled on a spare character! :)

scott-5496
01-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Fudjo, I can also recommend 3 Energy Ward instead of 3 Health Ward. Along with 3 Freeze Power, that's my loadout with the Bomber Boy and it works quite well.
He's good fun to bring alongside the Corrupt General. Energy Talis feed power to CG's Total War, and the Bomber Boy's Bomb gets extra damage from All Hail's MR drop. And the Bomber Boy has a heal available in a pinch. Oh and the burns are nice if you want to use Combust

That is exactly what I have on mine though still trying to maximise the talisman's up...which is getting easier due to increased rune drops since last update - these drops were very welcome indeed and is the thing that has helped me the most of recent fixes!

PabloGF
01-11-2017, 01:05 AM
Hello Troopers!

I have this player since the beginning of the game, I got it from a Legendary Soul that I bought when I started playing.
I must admit that I hated him for a long time. But being a player taken as one of the best rewards of the Sentinels Souls I took the time to take it him to the maximum and now I want to share it with all of you.

At first, I recommend to all Latin Americans Troopers that they play the game in English, because many players have wrong skill description in Spanish. He is one of them.
In Spanish, Bomb has a description that he deals a physical damge to all enemies with 45% chance to inflict up to 2 physical burn. Obviously, the first thing I did was fill it with Overwhelming Talismans. He was causing damage, but not what I expected.

After playing the game in English and realize that he causes magic damage, I changed the Overwhelming Talismans for Ward Talismans. That was better a lot!
But if you want to have a powerfull player I recommend this:

If you see his stats you can see that he has more MR than DEF, even though he needs more DEF. This seems to be somewhat unfortunate, but it can be beneficial.
In the 3 green slots I use a set of 3 Blind Talismans, 2 Ward and 1 Mystical, because blindness stays on enemies for 2 turns while paralysis only for 1 turn. This allow you more control of the battle.
And in the other 3 slots I use a set of 3 Power Paladin Talismans, because this talismans increase the magic by 20% of the MR.
With this combination he causes the most possible damage, I assure you.
He do 4675 damage to Angel of Pain (Magus) five stars level 90, 4168 damage to Sentinel Soulless Demon five stars level 90, and 3231 damage to Warrior Soulless Demon five stars level 90. I belieave that this is awesome!
In my opinion it is better to use Paladin Talisman than another one talisman because this causes a great increase in the magic of this player due to its high MR stats.

This way they will have this stat:

HP: 10295 + 17007
ATK: 233
DEF: 664 + 456
MAGIC: 631 + 1783
M. RESIST: 983 + 342
SPECIAL: 238

This stats is from my player evolved to five stars, lvl 100, and with the talismans that I recommended.
Now I just have to improve their skills.
I hope it works, for me it works and I'm happy with him.

Up the Irons!

Kardas
01-14-2017, 06:42 PM
I actually never even considered a damage loadout for the Bomber Boy. I'll add your Talisman loadout to the main post, thanks!

PabloGF
01-15-2017, 07:46 PM
Thanks to read my review!
I worked in this player for a long time.
If you want more damage you can use 3 Power Paladin Talisman and 3 Ward Blind Talisman to get more magic attack, but this way you lose DEF and you are more vulnerable to the physical attacks of the Warriors.
Is your choise and the way to use the player in your team.

Kardas
01-25-2017, 12:03 AM
I've been testing my Sentinel Bomber again, this time comparing 3 blue (Power) and 3 green (Ward) Talismans versus 6 green (3 Ward and 3 Overwhelming/Mystical).
The blues I used were Freeze and the greens were Energy Talismans.

I tested on Crucible of Pain Madness. My Bomber Boy is lv100 with all Talismans at lv50. No Skill Shards on him.

Compared to the green/blue Talisman loadout, the total green Talisman loadout did about 500-600 less damage against enemies. This shows that a higher MAGIC stat is still more important to damage compared to the HP scaling (DEF added to both loadouts is identical here). According to a previous post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1280-Allied-Bomber-Boy-(Sentinel)&p=28067&viewfull=1#post28067), MAGIC is also more important for damage than DEF.

Still, this provides an interesting choice: 3 greens and 3 blues is better for damage, but 6 greens will give you the better heal. See for yourself what you prefer with him.

ShadowedLies
02-02-2017, 12:32 PM
So for the sentinal would 3 paralysis/3 freeze be an optimal setup? And is the general consensus that the sentinal is better than the gunner variant?

Kardas
02-02-2017, 07:40 PM
So for the sentinal would 3 paralysis/3 freeze be an optimal setup? And is the general consensus that the sentinal is better than the gunner variant?

Personally I run 3 Energy instead of 3 Paralysis. Really depends on what you're looking for. Blind is probably better than Paralysis in a PVE context though. If you're mostly interested in damage, run an Ascension or Health set with a Paladin set. 3 blue / 3 green seems to be accepted as the best damage-focused loadout, but 6 greens is still superior for the heal.

I don't know whether the Sentinel or Gunner is better. Sentinel's a 4* and Gunner's a 3*, which seems to point as the Sentinel being better but IDK. Sentinel is better at defensive support, while the Gunner is more offense-focused (especially in a damage over time team). Judging from their stats, it's hard to say, especially because Bomb scales off 3 different stats. Sentinel has about 1000 extra HP, and about 40 extra DEF, but the Gunner's MAGIC is higher by about 25 points. Once I bring my Gunner Bomber to lv100 I could check.
Sentinel Bomber probably has better 1st turn damage due to his Passive's DEF buff, but Gunner at least neutral damage to all classes

ShadowedLies
02-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Personally I run 3 Energy instead of 3 Paralysis. Really depends on what you're looking for. Blind is probably better than Paralysis in a PVE context though. If you're mostly interested in damage, run an Ascension or Health set with a Paladin set. 3 blue / 3 green seems to be accepted as the best damage-focused loadout, but 6 greens is still superior for the heal.

I don't know whether the Sentinel or Gunner is better. Sentinel's a 4* and Gunner's a 3*, which seems to point as the Sentinel being better but IDK. Sentinel is better at defensive support, while the Gunner is more offense-focused (especially in a damage over time team). Judging from their stats, it's hard to say, especially because Bomb scales off 3 different stats. Sentinel has about 1000 extra HP, and about 40 extra DEF, but the Gunner's MAGIC is higher by about 25 points. Once I bring my Gunner Bomber to lv100 I could check.
Sentinel Bomber probably has better 1st turn damage due to his Passive's DEF buff, but Gunner at least neutral damage to all classes

Thanks for the insight! Will definitely give your suggestions a try once I have the talis available.

Fudjo
02-03-2017, 12:09 PM
Does the Sentinel ABB outperform the Sentinel Soulless Demon in terms of raw damage output?

Sag7272
02-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Does the Sentinel ABB outperform the Sentinel Soulless Demon in terms of raw damage output?

As for my experience, having both, scaling is a tad different as maxing magic/defense scale almost as much as HP on ABB, while SSD mostly scale from HP...
As far as raw DMG output, true DMG ignore defense so in many cases SSD do relatively more damage, it's harder to buff & burns do damages over time so in absolute total ABB probably do more anyway..

**If you PvP , remember that against a void shield ABB can suicide your team real bad with his heavy magic damages..**

Both are excellent choice!

Kardas
02-05-2017, 12:33 AM

Oh boy that's a difficult thing to tackle, considering there are so many variables out there that depend on it. Fortunately I got my Demon to lv 100 yesterday and I found the time to do some testing.
I've given both the Demon and Bomber Boy what I imagine are their most powerful offense Talismans. The Bomber Boy had 2 Paladin Power and a random blue Power, 2 Ascension Ward (haven't compared with Health Ward but MAGIC scales better than Health) and a random green Ward. The Sentinel Demon had 2 Health Ward and 4 Health Overwhelming (would have done 3 of each but I had only 2 maxed Health Wards). I tested on Blackened Pride Madness. All Talismans lv 50, characters lv 100 and no Skill Shards. Only Perfect Hits recorded.
Results were surprising:
Bomber Boy
5421 vs Wolf Cultist
6024 vs Ox and Corrupt Ox Cultist
8675 vs Owl Cultist and Corrupt Owl Cultist

Soulless Demon
2040 vs Wolf Cultist
2550 vs Ox and Corrupt Ox Cultist
3750 vs Owl Cultist and Corrupt Owl Cultist

I would have never expected a difference this staggering, I thought the Demon would have done better. Will definitely replace my Freeze set with a Paladin set now (especially since Freeze stinks now). The Bomber Boy's Passive may skew the data though due to DEF scaling.
As for the Soulless Demon, I think I'll go full 6 Blinds on him now.

EDIT:
Here is the Bomber Boy's damage without the Passive
5194 vs Wolf Cultist
5738 vs Ox and Corrupt Ox Cultist
8265 vs Owl Cultist and Corrupt Owl Cultist
So about 300-400 difference in damage without that Passive. Still a world of difference compared to the Demon though.

I tested 2 Paladin Power, 1 blue Power, 2 Health Ward, 1 green Ward on the Bomber Boy again, and here are the results (Passive was active):
5317 vs Wolf Cultist
5908 vs Ox and Corrupt Ox Cultist
8510 vs Owl Cultist and Corrupt Owl Cultist
So Ascension instead of Health adds about 100 extra damage in this scenario.

EDIT2:
Was wondering whether this difference is also on a way higher difficulty, so I tried again on Eagle's Nest Madness:
Bomber Boy had the Paladin/Ascension loadout, and the Demon 2 Health Overwhelming, 1 green Overwhelming and 3 Blind Wards (couldn't be bothered changing him back)
Bomber Boy
4634 damage versus Assassin Undead Axis Gunner / Possessed Machinegun / Assassin Axis Soldier / Light Voidling (4414 without the Passive)
3707 vs Warrior Possessed Mine

Soulless Demon
2548 damage versus Assassin Undead Axis Gunner / Possessed Machinegun / Assassin Axis Soldier / Light Voidling
2038 vs Warrior Possessed Mine

Yup, still way different.

treeb0mbb
02-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Hey so I recently got this guy from a soul maybe a few days ago. Anyway I was wondering after all the updates and time has passed what would be a good setup for me to put on this guy?

Btw I run usually with SoL eddie, pharoah dog, or corrupt rescuer (assassin) as my setup so a pretty heavy magic team. I haven't invested in him yet nor do I have that many talismans maybe you guys could guide me a bit on the best setup for this dude.

Thanks again everyone!

Kardas
02-09-2017, 12:51 AM
Hey so I recently got this guy from a soul maybe a few days ago. Anyway I was wondering after all the updates and time has passed what would be a good setup for me to put on this guy?

Btw I run usually with SoL eddie, pharoah dog, or corrupt rescuer (assassin) as my setup so a pretty heavy magic team. I haven't invested in him yet nor do I have that many talismans maybe you guys could guide me a bit on the best setup for this dude.

Thanks again everyone!

I've done a fairly extensive write-up of his Talisman routes on the first page but I guess I can clarify a bit here.

Your first question should be: do I want to focus on damage, or party heal and survivability? If the former, go for 3 blue & 3 green. If the latter, go for 6 green.
- For blue Talismans: As of the most recent patch, Freeze Talismans are very lackluster and proc Talismans in general are bugged. You might want to try a Shock or Penetrating set with third random blue Talisman, but I currently recommend the Paladin set most of all as of now. Make sure all your blue Talismans for this guy are of the Power subtype, as it helps defend against Warriors' physical attacks and its 3 stats (HP, DEF, MAGIC) are all used in calculating your normal move's damage
- For green Talismans, ask yourself again: do I want to focus on damage, or support?
-- If focusing on damage, use an Ascension set. A Health set is also interesting, as you trade a little bit of damage away for fair health bonus and as a result a slightly better heal, compared to the Ascension set. Personally though, I like him with an Energy set so he can help you with your Power moves. If you're not interesting in extra Power generation, you might want a Blind set instead. I can't really recommend Paralysis Talismans, and Blind and Energy are also bugged currently so they'll trigger a lot less than they're support to. The Ward subtype gives you maximum offense but if you're more concerned about Warriors' physical attacks, use Mystical instead.

I still need to replace my Freeze set, but once I do I'm running mine with a 3 Energy Wards, 2 Paladin Power and a random blue Power
Finally: remember that his heal scales of his CURRENT HP, so his heal weakens as he loses health

treeb0mbb
02-09-2017, 02:40 AM
I've done a fairly extensive write-up of his Talisman routes on the first page but I guess I can clarify a bit here.

Your first question should be: do I want to focus on damage, or party heal and survivability? If the former, go for 3 blue & 3 green. If the latter, go for 6 green.
- For blue Talismans: As of the most recent patch, Freeze Talismans are very lackluster and proc Talismans in general are bugged. You might want to try a Shock or Penetrating set with third random blue Talisman, but I currently recommend the Paladin set most of all as of now. Make sure all your blue Talismans for this guy are of the Power subtype, as it helps defend against Warriors' physical attacks and its 3 stats (HP, DEF, MAGIC) are all used in calculating your normal move's damage
- For green Talismans, ask yourself again: do I want to focus on damage, or support?
-- If focusing on damage, use an Ascension set. A Health set is also interesting, as you trade a little bit of damage away for fair health bonus and as a result a slightly better heal, compared to the Ascension set. Personally though, I like him with an Energy set so he can help you with your Power moves. If you're not interesting in extra Power generation, you might want a Blind set instead. I can't really recommend Paralysis Talismans, and Blind and Energy are also bugged currently so they'll trigger a lot less than they're support to. The Ward subtype gives you maximum offense but if you're more concerned about Warriors' physical attacks, use Mystical instead.

I still need to replace my Freeze set, but once I do I'm running mine with a 3 Energy Wards, 2 Paladin Power and a random blue Power
Finally: remember that his heal scales of his CURRENT HP, so his heal weakens as he loses health

I see I'm probably definitely gonna go for a damage output as I have a good 2 healers on my team already. Also I'm not that sure I have the same sentinel allied bomber boy because mine has decay as my 2nd skill.. I don't have a healing skill or a passive on my allied bomber boy weird.

Aristo4
02-09-2017, 02:46 AM
I see I'm probably definitely gonna go for a damage output as I have a good 2 healers on my team already. Also I'm not that sure I have the same sentinel allied bomber boy because mine has decay as my 2nd skill.. I don't have a healing skill or a passive on my allied bomber boy weird.

is it yellow or green? :P

treeb0mbb
02-09-2017, 02:49 AM
is it yellow or green? :P

Oh lol I just realized I had the yellow one. Thought for a second sentinel was yellow :l sorry guys lol. I guess this guy is useless.

Kardas
02-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Oh lol I just realized I had the yellow one. Thought for a second sentinel was yellow :l sorry guys lol. I guess this guy is useless.

Nah. From what I hear the Gunner Bomber's pretty good. Possibly the best 3* Gunner character there is. I don't have mine at lv100 yet so I can't compare him to the Sentinel directly, but the 3 green / 3 blue on the Sentinel should also work great on the Gunner. Just replace the Paladin Talismans with Holy ones.
Another possible option would be 2 green / 4 blue, or even 1 green / 5 blue (or 6 blue if you don't mind being a bit fragile). Once the Talisman proc rates are fixed, 1-2 Shock sets might be a nice combo with his Decay skill.
A gimmick option would be 3 blue / 3 Thief Bulwark. Reasonable damage and health, and the chance for Fury steal.

The Educated fool
02-09-2017, 05:48 PM
Kardas is bang on... Gunner BB is a great character, and the 3 green/3 blue build works just as well on him as it does on the Sentinel. Both BBs are on my list to be max sharded, some day (though it is a long and cluttered wishlist indeed!) :cool:

treeb0mbb
02-09-2017, 07:21 PM
Kardas is bang on... Gunner BB is a great character, and the 3 green/3 blue build works just as well on him as it does on the Sentinel. Both BBs are on my list to be max sharded, some day (though it is a long and cluttered wishlist indeed!) :cool:

Alright gonna try to max him out then. Thanks

Fudjo
02-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Many thanks to Kardas for the detailed notes and field tests! I'm getting a similar damage discrepancy between my Green Demon and Green ABB, and I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong. My loadouts:

Sentinel Soulless Demon:
6 x Health (Overwhelming)

Sentinel Allied Bomber Boy:
3 x Health (Ward)
3 x Freezing (Power)

Another thing to factor in is the 45% chance to inflict 2 Magic Burns, so that's a lil' extra damage for the ABB.

JulesLinx
04-02-2017, 01:04 PM
Does the flex ability comes automatically with the ABB sentinel character or has to be activate by some talisman or so?
I got a ABB gunner, could be possible to enable the FLEX capability to it?

Thnx in advace for any constructive comment.

thealchemist
07-29-2017, 05:02 AM
I have enough evo shards to evolve my ABB to 5*. If I do evolve him is he still worth the 9 skill shards, particularly in the healing side?