PDA

View Full Version : RED talisman

alekos
12-13-2019, 09:46 PM
ok seriously now, HOW MANY talisman souls are needed in order to get ONE red talisman?? I've been playing this damn game and still not a single red talisman. It's just get boring.
this S U C K S
not one red talisman after like over 200 talisman is just ridiculous

kkkreg5
12-13-2019, 09:53 PM
They are the "unicorns" of this game... they are said to exist but I have never seen one, personally...

Ydex
12-13-2019, 09:58 PM
Such a rare drop, there's a special soul for it-- the red/gold talisman soul in the Clan store.

And even then, no telling how often a RED actually drops.

The Educated fool
12-13-2019, 10:00 PM
I actually got one (A T1, and an irrelevant benefit tali, it goes without saying ;) ) just a couple of days ago... my first, after AT LEAST 4.78 billion (I hate to exaggerate ;) ). Suffice it to say that if I can pull one, anyone can, so keep the faith! It is possible to have the red, even without spending the green! (Bonus Xmas pun ftw! :cool: )

Yup
12-13-2019, 10:27 PM
I think I've only ever seen them drop from Mythicals and the Red/Yellow soul.

I have a few. They do drop, but yes very rarely. While their base stats are always much better, the augments can still be less desirable. For example, I have a Red T1 with the Prime augment. Prime has never been a set that I really used there are better ways to grant PI to allies. But then.. it's only worth a lousy 300 gold if I sell it... Sure the HP stat is more than a blue T1.. but a blue T1 with something like Echo, Nightmare, Thorn, Void, or Future augments are way, way, way, better to get in my opinion. ..

.........and don't get me started why EVERY Fate augment I have doesn't have an HP stat and always has a MAG stat... Not even an ATK stat... and I have had like 6 of them from a Yellow T1 to Blue/Purple T2 to a white/Blue T3 - aways magic and always no HP. I've sold most of them.

alekos
12-13-2019, 10:35 PM
I bought the gold/red talisman from the clan store... I got a gold t1 of course.
It's discouraging to try and try and try and get shit in the end. There should have been options for guaranteed red talisman after all this time we're introduced to the cosmic talisman. the gold/red is stupid, cause everybody knows it's not a 50-50 thing. Just like the heroic mythic ... you spill blood to get these fragments... and you're STILL not certain you'll get a character you want and you're after for a loooong time.

I think it's time we get to choose cosmic talisman. We're fed up with these useless +15% crap... at least this way we can compact and save space in the inventory..

Yup
12-13-2019, 10:39 PM
I simply think they need to be worth MUCH more gold when sold since there's difficulty in acquiring them. They don't simply drop like other talismans. So, they should be worth a few THOUSAND gold if they are sold, not 300.

Ydex
12-13-2019, 10:44 PM
Sorry to hijack, but does anybody know if info on the "Evolution Talisman Soul" (HORRIBLE NAME) is reliably posted anywhere? From what I understand, it's a monthly rotation of a guaranteed Cosmic. Shouldn't there be a schedule posted somewhere, like the Heroic rotation?

alekos
12-13-2019, 10:50 PM
Fate augment...? damn... I didn't know it existed. Fate talisman used to be one of my favourites when Clansman Eddie was my top Eddie.
6 of them and I've never even seen one!! I wouldn't complain for a red T3 with fate augment. even if it's just MAGIC up. why not.

Yup
12-13-2019, 10:54 PM
The lack of any HP makes it really less useful in my opinion. I WOULD use one if there were an ATK stat.. but there never is. Characters which could use a MAG boost already have better suited talismans for that because they typically also need HP/DEF boosts. And blue 5 sets like Alchemy won't protect a magic caster after the first turn and invincibility is gone or has been removed.

I pulled 2 today with new augments -- Thorn (Yellow T1) and Future (Blue T2) -- The Thorn has a MAG boost (and HP Boost) so it's a good pull.. I can now put thorn on a character that typically you wouldn't put a red 3-set on. The Future has an ATK boost (and HP boost) so that can go on a character you wouldn't normally put a blue 3-set on. these are the type of things I look for - augments for characters they couldn't otherwise have.

Ydex
12-13-2019, 10:54 PM
Can confirm, every Fate effect talisman I've pulled has Magic/MR/Special --no HP.

I just pulled a Future yesterday. It's one of the talisman achievements for the Frozen Wasteland.

alekos
12-13-2019, 10:59 PM
The Evolution talisman of the month is the Shell Passive...which grants damage reduction shield for one turn. Worthless and completely outdated. I already have 900 frags of these 'evolution'...
they should change the name to 'retro talisman'. maybe next month they will give us a cool 'evolution' of the super Strength Talisman if we're lucky

The Gold should be better with rare characters as well, not just talisman. Or the sacrifice value...

Ydex
12-13-2019, 11:01 PM
Yep, I'm curious if it's anything good next month.

Yup
12-13-2019, 11:02 PM
I am very happy that more augments are appearing. I got so tired of the +15% HP/Def/Mag :) Shell is rather pointless, but if you're a new player it could be helpful.

During last month's event I pulled like 4 with Blind augments.. all Purple t2s.. right before the announcement. So it was pointless to get a T1 with the same augment. I haven't pulled any Shell yet.

Ydex
12-13-2019, 11:07 PM
The worst thing about a SHELL cosmic is it grants "Damage Reduction Shield" -- an Effect which can be de-buffed!

Not to mention the talismans are a two-set that drop on BNW VII.

alekos
12-13-2019, 11:08 PM
the funny thing is that new players are more likely to get a red talisman or a super rare Eddie to sweeten them. Don't worry though, they will suffer too. In the end, we all do.

Yup
12-13-2019, 11:10 PM
Not to mention the talismans are a two-set that drop on BNW VII.

I think they drop from GOL IV... even easier :) I know I sold like 500 of them during the BNW farming event :)

And we all have been suckered into pushing the rock uphill... forever :)

To get back on track.. I have like 5-10 Red Cosmics. For the most part they have always been HP/Mag/Atk +15% - none having any special augments. The only one I have with a special augment is that Prime Red Cosmic, which I probably won't use. And probably 90% of mine have been T1s, maybe 1 or 2 T2s.. definitely no T3s though.

Ydex
12-13-2019, 11:10 PM
The thing about being new is, anything is a good drop. I don't think the drops get worse, I think you eventually have way more duplicate pulls.

alekos
12-13-2019, 11:17 PM
I hope Coalgiver Eddie will give all of us a nice Red T3 with Labyrinth augment

Yup
12-13-2019, 11:17 PM
I don't know that new players get better drops.. I mean, they might.. carrot and stick and all that. But yeah.. any different drop is exciting if your'e new.. then eventually you just get tired of seeing the same thing over and over and over because you KNOW there are other items which COULD drop.

And I think it'l be a cold day in hell before cosmics have the augments of 5 or 6 sets :) But then.. Echo was a nice surprise. More 4 sets would be cool. Fallen... Reaper... Tomb.... Banner... Meteor... Lightning.. Zone... Quake.... Greed..

Last time they ran a "days of reward" that last reward was pretty hefty if I recall.

alekos
12-13-2019, 11:23 PM
unless they do something with the 500 limit and since they release talisman every 5 days... then it should be near I suppose
Echo is cool indeed, hands down

Ydex
12-13-2019, 11:24 PM
Echo is a sweet Cosmic. Getting in those extra attacks, like, "Take that, suckers!"

Yup
12-13-2019, 11:32 PM
I farmed so hard for the 4-set Echos.. I had them on like every character that could possibly wear them :) I've now sold a few sets which are worth WAY more gold than selling a cosmic T3 :)

alekos
12-13-2019, 11:36 PM
I really hope the next sacrifice event will give players Gold... especially with the crazy awakening prices... they really should

2 sets of echoes on 2 gunner dogs for farming Garden of Dismay... good old days

kkkreg5
12-14-2019, 12:30 AM
The answer is in the store now. $10 for a T1 Red. What a joke. It's as bad as the Fate Cosmic. Made the mistake of spending frags on 1 and found the same as Yup only Magic, no HP or Attack. What a waste! Sitting on 1200 "cosmic of the month" waiting for something good...

Ydex
12-14-2019, 12:39 AM
I'm just saying, at least with the Heroic rotation, I know why I'm sitting on them. The evo talisman souls kind of feel like garbage in your BoS when you've never seen them drop anything good.

Ezz
12-14-2019, 03:29 AM
I opened probably 100 talisman souls without a red. I was really frustrated, then bam I got a T1 red echo. And I literally got 3 more reds in a very short span of time. Best is a T2red atk x mgc. So it seems the drops are streaky?

Also - anyone ever get a T3 red? I imagine those must be the rarest unicorn in this game.

Ydex
12-14-2019, 03:46 AM
this game's RNG is notoriously "streaky" --the devs have publicly acknowledged this

alekos
12-14-2019, 08:21 AM
at least I got my first Red one although I paid 10.99 for it. If it was a garbage thing like +15% something I wouldn't even bother, but redemption has always been one of my favorite talisman in the game. Especially when you farm. It's weird that is has magic instead of attack... redemption talisman are usually on warrior players...anyway.

I've opened wayyyyyyy more than 100, probably over 300...and the first red one I had to pay for..

Ip4
12-14-2019, 09:28 AM
i think red talisman not exist in talisman souls,opened few gold/red and it's always gold...fuck red talismans!

ritchbe
12-14-2019, 05:35 PM
I have one red T2 with Blind Augment from the way back, but have never seen another red since then.

It has nice stats (HP +14580, ATK +1975, MAGIC +1767) but the augment really is a let down... especially since AI rarely misses perfects and orbits are a standard.

Funneling towards selling them for ca$h I presume, like the one that just appeared in the shop.

razgriz
12-15-2019, 07:44 PM
Sorry to hijack, but does anybody know if info on the "Evolution Talisman Soul" (HORRIBLE NAME) is reliably posted anywhere? From what I understand, it's a monthly rotation of a guaranteed Cosmic. Shouldn't there be a schedule posted somewhere, like the Heroic rotation?

its true at least according to our news feed "diminished destruction evolution event" but with the high fragment count just for 1 soul and a monthly switch i'll wait to use it till its a talisman with an effect i want. hopefully its better than the heroic souls as for some reason they have 5* characters u can get from other souls

razgriz
12-15-2019, 07:53 PM
I don't know that new players get better drops.. I mean, they might.. carrot and stick and all that. But yeah.. any different drop is exciting if your'e new.. then eventually you just get tired of seeing the same thing over and over and over because you KNOW there are other items which COULD drop.

And I think it'l be a cold day in hell before cosmics have the augments of 5 or 6 sets :) But then.. Echo was a nice surprise. More 4 sets would be cool. Fallen... Reaper... Tomb.... Banner... Meteor... Lightning.. Zone... Quake.... Greed..

Last time they ran a "days of reward" that last reward was pretty hefty if I recall.

would prefer them to have same stat boosts as the real talismans, most of my cosmics r useless as they only give boosts to hp/mr/def with the odd one giving special boosts instead of those 3. but with the part of getting augments i've noticed i get better ones when summoning 10+ talisman souls at once, just did it yesterday to get more $ and got a immortality one though stat boosts on it r useless unless used with cyborg eddie

Yup
12-15-2019, 09:57 PM
I have one red T2 with Blind Augment from the way back, but have never seen another red since then.

It has nice stats (HP +14580, ATK +1975, MAGIC +1767) but the augment really is a let down... especially since AI rarely misses perfects and orbits are a standard.

I'd see that as a great pull though. Put it on some lesser-used AoE attacker and that 14K HP boost while binding enemies could change a gauntlet battle quickly. You can't use Orbits on everyone, and they only block True damage anyway.. My experience is the AI actually RARELY gets perfect hits, then they get 4-5-6 in a row -- "streaky AI"... Moonboy is excellent at testing that.

Ydex
12-15-2019, 10:08 PM
I have always avoided Talismans that rely on Perfect Hits. I can't see planning a strategy around that.

Yup
12-15-2019, 10:14 PM
It's not so much a strategy as it is a pleasant boost at times. Back in the day, Blind on FFE was great for PvP. That was, long before all the damage block talismans came into play though. But as a cosmic.. blind on Ferryman... or blind on some character that can't actually wear 3 greens could be great. That's how I tend to use cosmics.. find a character they help, that could not possibly wear the standard 2, 3, 4- set normally. Admittedly there aren't a ton of characters that can't wear a green 3-set and blind isn't a "fabulous" boot --- I have 2 or 3 cosmics with Blind that are unused at the moment. It's mostly done for the HP/ATK/MAG boost, but the augment provides additional boosts at times.

MetalKing
12-16-2019, 04:26 AM
I have a t1 red that gives a bonus to attack and magic. It would be nice to find one with other effects.

alekos
12-16-2019, 10:25 PM
so is there anyone out there with a red T3?? if so, what kind??