PDA

View Full Version : Best way to build up ironite?

Bartman9999
12-16-2019, 10:08 PM
Hey troopers!

I'm relatively new to the game... I only discovered the forum a few weeks ago.
I was wondering what is the best way to increase ironite stock. After Bounty Hunter Eddie and Little Tim's event I've burned all I had.
I anticipate I will be unable to get top rewards in upcoming events without spending lots of $$$.

By only spending the daily 300 SoT (aprox), what's the best way to build-up ironite?
What I normally do is Skull quests and daily challenges, but is there anywhere that gives a nice ironite return?? daily dungeon perhaps? anything else I'm missing?
Thanks!

alekos
12-16-2019, 10:36 PM
apart from the skull quests and the daily challenges.. the achievements tabs & challenges..but you can earn ironite by playing in general, even if it's the gauntlet, the arena etc. Everything gives you ironite.. the more you play the more you gain, but if you want more.. you'll probably run out of sands of time and then you'll need $$$ to buy ironite/frontier coins/gold/time etc

Muzzleloader
12-16-2019, 11:02 PM
The best ironite return from free SoT is running powerslave. Using your free ironite you should average about 75 ironite a day by doing the skull quests and powerslave. This way you can level toons and save ironite, but you won't earn all the shiny new toys.

I found that I average about a net gain of 10 ironite per daily dungeon. The drops go in streaks so you may lose any given day. I usually save about a month at a time and burn through them. The weekly dungeon averages alittle better.

The best way to start is chose what event you can complete and go for it. If you attempt everyone you end up with a bunch of incomplete talisman sets. The LoL events used to be one of the best for resources and dupe sac material.

You need to set short and long term goals and try to stick with the plan. The game gets easier after a few months. A good resource plan is a must to accomplish anything in this game.

mk ultra
12-17-2019, 12:14 AM
Also, sacrifice, even the lowest one, can give ironite rewards. Best use for common souls is to sacrifice them as you get from them evo materials, SOT, SOW & ironite.
Sacrifice them 10 at once to get over 300 essence to save time and for better rewards.
Check the forum for free ironite codes.

You can build up around 800 ironite per week from Skull Quests, daily challanges, daily dungeon, weekly dungeon, normal playng through cosmos.
Try to get as high as possible in the arena

Azagthor
12-17-2019, 01:38 AM
I found that I average about a net gain of 10 ironite per daily dungeon. The drops go in streaks so you may lose any given day. I usually save about a month at a time and burn through them. The weekly dungeon averages a little better.

The best way to start is chose what event you can complete and go for it.
The game gets easier after a few months. A good resource plan is a must to accomplish anything in this game.

Hoard, hoard, hoard. Never spend any ironite unless you absolutely have to. The hardest part when you're still new/mid-range is accepting there will be several events you simply cannot complete. No matter how much ironite you spend, unless you have enough high-powered characters and talismans, some things will be out of your reach, and trying will be a waste of your resources. Identify what is realistic, and when you should stop, and move back to more productive activities.

The Daily dungeon is an interesting one. People have said they come out on top in ironite and SoT long-term. Madness can drop 25 ironite, but at 30 SoT each run, it's a gamble. I'm slowly working on a Beginner's Guide to the Daily dungeon, once I've collected enough data to have a better idea about drop rates. Saving up the keys and opening a bunch in a row seems to be the best way to go though, to get the most out of any SoT refills you might need to buy.

Muzzleloader
12-17-2019, 01:56 AM
Azagthor, I meant to say I average a net of ten ironite per daily key on madness level. You will also pull a few SS, FC, SoW, SoT and gold. The gold drops 80k. I would say it drops 1.5 times per key so the gold adds up on using multiple keys.

I would say have at least 90 ironite for refills it the early runs dont drop ironite. It will average out over many keys
If you only use one key at a time be ready for a loss of SoT and ironite. This is the same as the LoL battles, but it will average out. Plan on using all your SoT, but the rewards are worth it and add up. The weekly dungeon has slightly better rewards so plan on saving a few to maximize the rewards.

I try and save them and use them before a big ironite draining event.

Ezz
12-17-2019, 09:00 PM
I think the store has a deal where u can trade 350 iron coins for 100 ironite right now up to 3 times? I can’t see it anymore because I already did it and it disappeared but if you have 1000 IC you don’t need - that will get you a quick 300 ironite.

Beddie
12-17-2019, 09:11 PM
Daily keys are Ironite fountains

Maiden
12-17-2019, 09:18 PM
Yep, take in everything they said as a norm, it's super valuable, also pay a lot of attention that Azagthor said about identifying realistically about events.
Finally, I might say try to reach first the Achievements that give you ironite and play Arena, rank as high as you can, Arena its bugged, its frustrating and a Russian roulette but it might be a nice weekly ironite incoming.

Muzzleloader
12-17-2019, 09:59 PM
Be careful about how much ironite you think you earn from the daily dungeons. If you are full of SoT and play one daily key and earn 25 ironite. I consider that as a net loss of 5 ironite, since you need to buy a refill to make up the loss of SoT.

I have went through three keys with no ironite drop, but will instead earn some SoT. For any one key you are gambling to earn ironite. That is why I run several keys to at least break even along with some extra rewards and gold.

Ydex
12-17-2019, 10:17 PM
That is why I run several keys to at least break even along with some extra rewards and gold.

I'm glad you mentioned that because I was about to make a spreadsheet to determine the results of playing 50 troopers on Powerslave, and daily Challenges + daily Key, with the free SoT refills. At two 10-hour intervals, plus the remainder minus playing time.

Muzzleloader
12-17-2019, 10:40 PM
It depends on how you want to look at ironite. You may gain ironite in the bank, but dont have the rewards from grinding the SoT. I dont know how to balance the sheet on those results. Remember if you ran all powerslave instead of the daily key would would average 10-15 ironite. Just keep that in mind.

Last week I ran 18 daily keys and ended with a net gain of 250 ironite not counting the free SoT I started with. I didnt keep track of the SS, FC, talis frags and souls earned. I did make almost 2MM gold.

Alvorada
12-17-2019, 11:12 PM
Last time I played daily and weekly keys I did around 15 daily and 4 or 5 weekly in a row.

Ended with around 400 net ironite gain, plus the other rewards which I didn't track

Ydex
12-17-2019, 11:18 PM
I've been wanting to document the absolute thriftiest way to play this game on a minimum daily basis, ever since I realized the SoT refills in 10 hours, so twice + change. Let's say 1.5 hours playing time, so 270 SoT per day. 200 SoT plays 50 troopers on powerslave. How many SoT for daily challenges?

Then you have SoT and Ironite return on powerslave, daily key costs + rewards on average.

Muzzleloader
12-17-2019, 11:31 PM
Just say you will average 75 ironite a day if you play powerslave and skull quests, that includes the daily rewards. This does not take into account the daily dungeon, gauntlet or arena rewards.

Yup
12-18-2019, 10:34 AM
Last time I played daily and weekly keys I did around 15 daily and 4 or 5 weekly in a row.

Ended with around 400 net ironite gain, plus the other rewards which I didn't track

This is how I do it.. burn a mega-refill using only daily keys.. you end up a couple hundred ahead on ironite. You can do it with weekly keys, but the ironite return isn't quite as good, although its still good. Weekly keys simply tend to give better other rewards in my experience.

scott-5496
12-18-2019, 11:33 AM
My previous daily routine has always been to make sure I have full SoT at reset (near bedtime in the UK) and run troopers with that which usually leaves around 10 left to do (I run it as 1 speed to make sure I get an extra few sands in and runs in) as it will still get done before I wake up. Then when you wake up you have another full set of sands and I then use that to do the rest from the left over troopers to the quests and dungeon key. Always Powerslave is used for this as I tend to add in eddies and allies to level up here - if even just for a sac event....usually the team would consist of NotB Eddie as the killer and then two allies that need levelled and an Eddie or two plus any troopers Eds. I leave trooper allies for daily quests part as I only have 6 who use an ally as opposed to an Ed.

Saying that due to all the events it has been a while since I could do this but this is my standard day to day approach...then you add in what needs done for events but the bedtime approach is always what I do each day regardless of what is on....though when the servers are stable (they are not too bad at the moment) and there is a farmable event I often do a mega refill or two and let that run over night.

4V1ct0ry
12-18-2019, 12:55 PM
This is how I do it.. burn a mega-refill using only daily keys.. you end up a couple hundred ahead on ironite. You can do it with weekly keys, but the ironite return isn't quite as good, although its still good. Weekly keys simply tend to give better other rewards in my experience.

Just tried it and it worked perfectly, thanks for the advice!
Although it gave me only 59 extra Ironite on 1 mega-refill I can't complain since its always more then invested... plus I can see some gold coming in.
I have loads and loads of daily keys so I think I will be running this a couple of times lol

Yup
12-18-2019, 07:24 PM
Yeah the ironite is hit or miss but the return is NEVER less than the cost of the mega refill. So you don't actually ever lose any ironite. Sometimes you come out up only 50 ironite.. other times easily up 200.. and you get the gold, talisman frags, skill shards, precious souls (often more gold there), etc.

I burned a couple mega-refills doing this yesterday and I'm up over 300 ironite due to it.

Ydex
12-18-2019, 09:57 PM
I just ran 10 Daily Keys, ostensibly at the cost of 900 SoT--but I started with 712 and ended with 265. Only a "loss" of 447 (equivalent to 112 Ironite). I had a gain of 182 Ironite, minus the cost of SoT, for a NET gain of 70 Ironite. I also gained-- 1.98mil Gold, 96 SoW, 2 SS, 900 Epic soul frags, 6 Precious souls (another 1mil Gold in this case), and 10 talisman frags.

Summary: 10 Daily keys = 2 million Gold, 70 Ironite*, 6 Precious souls, and 8100 Essence.

*This takes into account the cost of SoT to run the dungeon. Final figure is zero SoT cost.