PDA

View Full Version : January Events

GrimDusk
12-31-2019, 10:36 PM
The new decade coming means a new slew of events, so let's take a look!

https://twitter.com/ironmaidenlotb/status/1212101373568925696?s=20

Frozen in Time: The final event that will be giving out the snow frags; perhaps we'll get a new character similar to the cosmic NBoL and cosmic golden son.
Dark Omens: Not really certain; could be more hell awakening frags?
Gauntlet Winter Tour: A new special tour for the gauntlet where we will get a new set of talismans.
Lost in Purgatory: More frozen wasteland keys and perhaps some new talismans.
Forbidden Alchemy: Alchemist Awakening Shards along with some other rewards for this event.
Greater Heights: A talisman focused evolution event.
Gunner Caria, Woman in Uniform: Not entirely certain where this character will fit into the game's lore, as this would've made the most sense for Night City. Perhaps Margaret Thatcher herself will be a character?
The Trooper's Respite: This is where the rest of the Women in Uniform will be available, possibly with a new Eddie?
Lunar Festival: The fact this is in the time rift is interesting, meaning it will be a Lord of Light/BNW focused event. Not certain what the rewards will be, but it'll likely be an easy farming event.

Beddie
12-31-2019, 10:40 PM
It would be cool if they had a Margret Thatcher Eddie

GrimDusk
01-01-2020, 06:16 AM
It would be cool if they had a Margret Thatcher Eddie

What would that look like?

Azagthor
01-01-2020, 07:39 AM
Gunner Caria, Woman in Uniform: Not entirely certain where this character will fit into the game's lore, as this would've made the most sense for Night City.

It's possible "The Troopers' Respite" is the name of the pub used as the backdrop there. The signs you can see through the windows looked familiar, so I jumped into a NC level to get take a look. You are seeing the view from across the road during the Boss Wave of
The Banshee/Another Life section of levels. The two stores are also in Wave 2, but they're not next to each other.

My initial thought was we were seeing the inside of one of these two larger buildings, but the windows don't match. Although, everything in the Jan Event image is very clean so it could be from a different time period.

Anyway, that's my wild speculation for the day!

Jasidor
01-01-2020, 12:59 PM
Wow... Good job. I wish I have an eye like your.

URock
01-01-2020, 02:37 PM
They use the word "Purgatory"? This should be Purgatory Eddie and nothing else.
But what should we expect from a team who named Stranger Eddie "Bounty Hunter"?
They aren't real Maiden fans...

URock
01-01-2020, 02:42 PM
Trooper's respite is awakenable Trooper Eddie.

Caesar815
01-01-2020, 03:05 PM
It's possible "The Troopers' Respite" is the name of the pub used as the backdrop there. The signs you can see through the windows looked familiar, so I jumped into a NC level to get take a look. You are seeing the view from across the road during the Boss Wave of
The Banshee/Another Life section of levels. The two stores are also in Wave 2, but they're not next to each other.

My initial thought was we were seeing the inside of one of these two larger buildings, but the windows don't match. Although, everything in the Jan Event image is very clean so it could be from a different time period.

Anyway, that's my wild speculation for the day!

The shop windows tells about motorcycle clothing. I don’t know which thread it was, but some of the mods/devs said they’re planing to create a motorcycle Eddie as kinda bike gang for Charlotte, Wrathchild (and maybe a third toon)... who knows ?! And maybe this is gonna be the new Ed event?!

GrimDusk
01-01-2020, 05:22 PM
That is some eagle eye for detail, my friend. I’m looking forward to this month

Volrath
01-01-2020, 09:45 PM
What would that look like?

I don't think it'd take much work to get one of the Eddies to resemble her, heyoooo

Yup
01-01-2020, 10:25 PM
I don't think it'd take much work to get one of the Eddies to resemble her, heyoooo

Especially to represent her as she is currently :)

Xanofar
01-02-2020, 06:41 AM
I'm weirdly really excited for a Women In Uniform character. Haha

Azagthor
01-02-2020, 09:46 AM
Trooper's respite is awakenable Trooper Eddie.
That was my first thought too, but unless the Event image has a typo, it's Troopers' Respite, not Trooper's. The multiple possessive apostrophe, meaning more than one Trooper, which I think could refer to us as players or fans rather than Trooper Eddie or the Trooper Soul characters. If it was the singular, as I'd initially thought when skimming over the event list, I'd put my money on upgraded trooper soul characters like they did with the Eternity characters last month.

It still could be possible though, same with an awakenable Trooper Eddie. I might try get a basic guide for the Trooper Frontier Dungeon sorted out before this event just in case it ends up being related.

The shop windows tells about motorcycle clothing. I don’t know which thread it was, but some of the mods/devs said they’re planing to create a motorcycle Eddie as kinda bike gang for Charlotte, Wrathchild (and maybe a third toon)... who knows ?! And maybe this is gonna be the new Ed event?!
That might have been the Dev Q&A half way through last year? Someone suggested somewhere one of the Women in Uniform could be on a motorbike. Eternity Eddie, based on the Infinite Dreams/Maiden England artwork, was the most likely Ed to have a bike, but less likely now there are already two version of him.

They use the word "Purgatory"? This should be Purgatory Eddie and nothing else.
Purgatory is also the name of the level where we fight The Killer Prime. Double checked, and the stage uses the same level design that has the Eel Pie and Motorcycle shops.

A Purgatory Eddie would be a bit strange from a story point. The artwork is half The Beast and half NotB Eddie, and if we didn't already have Killer Eddie to show what happens when The Beast tries to merge with Eddie, a Purgatory Eddie would have been a wonderful inspiration for that story point. Perhaps there will be another use for it in a future story update.

(Taken from https://www.subjectivesounds.com/musicblog/2016/2/13/iron-maiden-purgatory-7-inch-45rpm-single )

GrimDusk
01-02-2020, 05:57 PM
A Purgatory Eddie would be a bit strange from a story point. The artwork is half The Beast and half NotB Eddie, and if we didn't already have Killer Eddie to show what happens when The Beast tries to merge with Eddie, a Purgatory Eddie would have been a wonderful inspiration for that story point. Perhaps there will be another use for it in a future story update.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. I felt like that's where Beast Eddie should've been in the game, otherwise why does he exist?

Beddie
01-02-2020, 07:02 PM
It would be funny if Troopers Respire was for alternative versions of Trooper soul allies that have a fury

Caesar815
01-02-2020, 08:39 PM
It would be funny if Troopers Respire was for alternative versions of Trooper soul allies that have a fury

I think this is absolutely possible. All the time it was just the other way round. Fury version turned into passive versions. Maybe this event turns it upside down because all trooper toons are passives (except for trooper Ed himself - but his passive version is also already available) so far....

Ip4
01-04-2020, 08:36 PM
Dark Omens event must start tonight?

Beddie
01-04-2020, 08:41 PM
Dark Omens event must start tonight?
Probably will

Saigrim
01-04-2020, 09:27 PM
Troopers Respite would be nice if they’d upgrade the Trooper store at the same time. It’s been stale for the past two years. It would be nice to have something worth spending my 200,000 Trooper points on.

Caesar815
01-04-2020, 09:49 PM
Troopers Respite would be nice if they’d upgrade the Trooper store at the same time. It’s been stale for the past two years. It would be nice to have something worth spending my 200,000 Trooper points on.

200,000? And I thought I pilled many about 60,000 😂

Muzzleloader
01-04-2020, 09:53 PM
That's easily saved once you have no need for store items. That's one reason I dont mind having open trooper spots.