PDA

View Full Version : Worst bug in Arena right now--Beast endless auto attack

Horus-2545
01-03-2020, 05:13 PM
What will shut down an Arena game, and more and more players are taking advantage of this?
A fully awakened beast with Warlord Talismans and the Lantern talismans.
The Warlord is supposed to allow for a 15% chance of an extra turn if healing occurs. But for some reason there is a bug that I have only seen with the Beast. And since he is immune to effects, no way to stun him or sleep him to prevent it. Maybe the Christmas past passive could prevent it, but cannot apply heal block to him either as a debuff effect. I happened to somehow not get Christmas past because of poor luck.
He just will just auto attack over and over. I've counted 50. It happens until the game crashes/freezes because of a memory overload or the match ends because it exceeds the timeframe? Of course I lose the arena game, one I would have easily won. It never goes to draw because the Beast never ends his auto attack turn. As I type, this is happening-- has been going on for about 10 minutes.
This is the worst Arena bug in the game right now and needs to be fixed by the developers.
See for yourself. I don't want to mention particular players who use this in combination, since I don't blame them for taking advantage of the bug and don't want to "call them out." That is not my purpose of this post. As it is, I tend to avoid fully sharded beasts on teams that I know I could easily beat if not for the bug.
Check out some higher tier players with a fully awakened beast and check the talismans. It'll happen to you.
And for the players who are using a fully awakened beast with that combination, it would only be fair to remove those particular talismans and not take advantage of a bug in the game in the PVP part of the game. You are only winning because the game crashes. That's not a win even if it counts as one.

edsel
01-03-2020, 05:22 PM
https://youtu.be/fLWhUM1mS7Y
This just in, after many turns without mercy I halted to see how long it would take for healing to stop. Over 20 minutes of this and game reset reloaded and nobody won.7399

Muzzleloader
01-03-2020, 05:23 PM
Yes, but the the same can apply for an attacking team can lose if he gets caught in the loop.

Horus-2545
01-03-2020, 05:25 PM
Yes--attacking team also loses, so if you have a Beast with these talisman, the right thing to do is to remove those talisman until this bug is fixed. Shame it hasn't been fixed already, since I have had it happen about 10 times now. This is the first I wrote about it, although I imagine that someone else mentioned it.

Horus-2545
01-03-2020, 05:27 PM
I'm still in the same loop in this game. It has not yet ended about 20 minutes in now. It's endless. The only thing that will end the game is a crash or me having to make a phone call.

Mateja
01-03-2020, 06:24 PM
It's not a bug, it's a poorly thought out feature (just one of the many). Lanterns and his basic apply burns, Lanterns heal a random ally for every burn, including himself, and his basic heals for every negative effect. So the burns keep stacking and he keeps healing. With so many heals an extra turn is certain and he gets into a loop. The only way to exit is if he eventually uses his fury but silence eliminates that as well. Some talismans that block burns could stop him but then you sacrifice those talisman spots in which you could put something better.

Horus-2545
01-03-2020, 07:10 PM
Thank you Mateja. You gave me some ideas. I didn't examine the situation closely enough. I guess going up against him without fully awakened Moonchild would be an option. Or a character with a passive that prevents burns--there are a few of those that could be quite viable.

Horus-2545
01-03-2020, 07:12 PM
BTW I had tried purple shardborne (passive prevents extra turns). That seemed to work at first, but then it didn't, which I didn't quite understand.

EdManDan
01-03-2020, 07:19 PM
I have a video that is almost the same! lol

Mateja
01-03-2020, 07:27 PM
BTW I had tried purple shardborne (passive prevents extra turns). That seemed to work at first, but then it didn't, which I didn't quite understand.

Stop can't be applied on max awakened beast, since he prevents all debuffs for the first 6 turns of battle.

Discordian
01-03-2020, 07:59 PM
The devs really need to get on this shit - I don't think this was an intended consequence, as the only way to even get a draw if an opposing team goes into this and your team has celestials or whatnot is to let it play out (average ~45 minutes) until the game's memory is overloaded and it crashes.

If arena is supposed to be a test of skill, this just shows that unskilled players can load up an obnoxious combination and get wins because when neither team can win, if you exit the game, the attacking player takes a loss.

I had this on my Beast for a while my own self - until I realized how broken it was. It's one thing to get 5 or 10 hits in with a good warlord/echo cosmic combo with a healing effect. It's completely different to have a guaranteed endless loop. This should be seen to.

EdManDan
01-03-2020, 08:11 PM
The devs really need to get on this shit - I don't think this was an intended consequence, as the only way to even get a draw if an opposing team goes into this and your team has celestials or whatnot is to let it play out (average ~45 minutes) until the game's memory is overloaded and it crashes.

If arena is supposed to be a test of skill, this just shows that unskilled players can load up an obnoxious combination and get wins because when neither team can win, if you exit the game, the attacking player takes a loss.

I had this on my Beast for a while my own self - until I realized how broken it was. It's one thing to get 5 or 10 hits in with a good warlord/echo cosmic combo with a healing effect. It's completely different to have a guaranteed endless loop. This should be seen to.

Then why are you still putting the Beast in your defense if you wanna be a SJW?

Discordian
01-03-2020, 08:14 PM
Then why are you still putting the Beast in your defense if you wanna be a SJW dik?

My Beast is wearing Forges dude...

Congrats on the Eternal btw! :)

Ip4
01-03-2020, 08:16 PM
everyone talk about moonchild but people don't see that beast with this talisman is much bigger problem(bug) in game...

evere is this devs to do something about this????????????????????????????????????????

EdManDan
01-03-2020, 08:24 PM
My Beast is wearing Forges dude...

Congrats on the Eternal btw! :)

Well thanks for the Eternal. It's not easy and you are telling the truth. Your Beast is wearing Forges and I'm losing to ya! lol

Horus-2545
01-03-2020, 08:27 PM
I found an easy way to counter the Beast loop, although my team is weakened so I don't think it would work against a strong team with the Beast. But the Red Ragna, Valkarie Hunter prevents burn and can wear Orbit's. No damage from the Beast now.

wipp
01-03-2020, 09:37 PM
At first i didnt use that combo. Then i realized i didnt stand a chance against it,if i didnt wear them. I just took it off and put starfires on him. I will now avoid all beast teams. Which sux

Horus-2545
01-03-2020, 10:53 PM
At first i didnt use that combo. Then i realized i didnt stand a chance against it,if i didnt wear them. I just took it off and put starfires on him. I will now avoid all beast teams. Which sux

I just went against you and lost, I think. Anyway, some other options include Daedelus (who can also sport an Orbits). Then there is Sentinel Shardborne (no orbits option, but he also makes the team immune to stun, is a multi-hitter and removes effects). You get to know the Beasts who wear them after a while. I suppose it can't hurt to tell you some of them so that you can avoid them or take a burn prevention into the match. I think one's name is DeathReaper (or is that DeathMaiden), IronMaiden, Fallen Angel, Last Words, URock, StormsEye and now MKUltra. You were on my list too. :) Feel free to add to the list.

Horus-2545
01-03-2020, 11:02 PM
Death Reaper, Above are a couple others. Also, Daedelus's passive to stop burns does not seem to work (and he has not been passive disabled). Try Red Ragna.

wipp
01-03-2020, 11:03 PM
Yeah im off the naughty list lol. I dont want to call anyone out by name,but it would sure be nice if we all agree not to use it. The bitch of it is most dont see it as a bug because its not. It works like it was intended.( as shitty as it is) i think your on the right path tho finding a cure for the disease and overcome it

Horus-2545
01-03-2020, 11:08 PM
Yeah im off the naughty list lol. I dont want to call anyone out by name,but it would sure be nice if we all agree not to use it. The bitch of it is most dont see it as a bug because its not. It works like it was intended.( as shitty as it is) i think your on the right path tho finding a cure for the disease and overcome it

Not a naughty list, but at least it makes it easier for the players who want to avoid constant 45 minute games or a crash by going against a player with that combination of talisman. If you are on this list, please don't be offended. ;)

Discordian
01-03-2020, 11:42 PM
Not a naughty list, but at least it makes it easier for the players who want to avoid constant 45 minute games or a crash by going against a player with that combination of talisman. If you are on this list, please don't be offended. ;)

Agreed that people using this should be listed, so that everybody else knows to avoid attacking them, and just wait 30 minutes for the free reset when they're all that's left on your list. It's total nonsense that there's no way for the offensive team to win against that bullpucky if D goes first. Even with celestials, the burns build up and Beast keeps going - not until the team wins (they haven't hurt you) - but until you get fed up and reboot. It's a shitty strategy tbh.

Olevipoeg
01-03-2020, 11:57 PM
After i encountered couple of Beast teams I put Beast to my team as well. It is a message - dont't attack me. And it will not stop top players anyway.

drrchmnd
01-04-2020, 05:34 AM
interesting item this. hadn't seen it yet. Personally I think arena needs to be completely restructured as to how stacked you can make it. I.e. what characters tied with what other characters and add in this and that set of talismans causes this to happen to 95% of people... While I can't (nor won't) blame people for figuring out these combinations it is annoying trying to counter them. Especially since the only way to counter is to fight them a second time and only if you managed to figure out what talismans are being worn.

As I was saying about the arena needing to be restructured its pretty simple concept but fairly brutal in implementation (ie for the devs). That said basically it would be assigning a point and a compatibility structure to the talisman sets. A structure like this technically exists for the characters themselves but I think it has been eliminated. Basically you could only have a team value of X at player level X that you could use in the story line. Objective of this would be to eliminate having things like 2 sets of Brave talisman on character(s) that revive already and potentially cause a loop that might end up reviving the rest of the team etc.. Certain types of talisman would be exempt from this like health, piercing, holy and similar basic types. Probably all "limited time" sets would probably fall under this along with quake, comet and related. Only difference would be the point value of the set. Say a set of talisman can be worth a max of 5 points, where things like starfire, valhalla, rider and such are 5 points. Primordal might be 4 points, trap is 3, sacrificial is 2, and ones like advantage are worth 1. You than have a point cap of say 15 points to be divided among 4 characters. and so on and so forth...

Horus-2545
01-04-2020, 04:05 PM
FYI--Daedelus only stops physical burns, whereas Ragna and Sentinel Shardborne stop all burns (so those are better). Two more players with Beast loop build--Tameland and Natasji (or something similar to that)

URock
01-06-2020, 12:01 PM
In the beginning LOTB was a turn based game. Now it's a 3d real time shooter :-DDD

Horus-2545
01-06-2020, 05:18 PM
In the beginning LOTB was a turn based game. Now it's a 3d real time shooter :-DDD

Our skills at clicking on the screen right when one circle gets small enough are really incredible! Now if I could just apply that skill to another game--like those tapping rhythm games...

razgriz
01-08-2020, 12:13 AM
just had that happen, went on for over 1min of atk after atk and the healing continued till the end of match team shot

Horus-2545
01-08-2020, 12:27 AM
I'm happy to have a little break from top tier arena. I've been busy doing these new Arena challenges. They are taking for ever and don't seem to be worth the scant reward. I haven't gone near a fully shared beast this week.

Yup
01-08-2020, 07:52 AM
I counted once.. 32 turns..... 32....

julesawdupin
01-08-2020, 08:19 AM
I dont know if its suggested before but there needs to be a "max extra turn" limit. Basically you can't gain extra turns no more than 5 times.

Yup
01-08-2020, 08:27 AM
I'd say 3.. which seems to be what the user/player is limited to. Maybe 4.

Muzzleloader
01-08-2020, 03:09 PM
We had the same problem with M Lilith getting multiple turns. I remember seeing the opponent get seven turn routinely.

Ip4
01-08-2020, 03:41 PM
I didn't see limits for beast attack,it's unlimited not "only few attacks"

Bakura
01-11-2020, 08:33 PM
I let it go for an hour.... eventually shut off my data, then shutdown the game.... it resulted in a tie.

This makes me want to delete the game.

Muzzleloader
01-11-2020, 08:43 PM
I thought about just dropping down in rank to avoid the frustration. It just keeps going from one problem to another.

Bakura
01-11-2020, 10:56 PM
Yep.... I agree.
It's just frustrating.
I've stayed out of the top 100 for 6 months now, due to bugs.
I have all the relics and most but not all OP toons maxed.... but with the AI boost, the bugs and AI cheating.... it's just difficult to strategize and play by the rules when the rulebook is broken.

Accomplishing event challenges, grinding for toons, and ranking high enough in Gauntlet to collect frags and talis, is pretty much the "game" for me, nowadays.

ritchbe
01-12-2020, 09:57 AM
I let it go for an hour.... eventually shut off my data, then shutdown the game.... it resulted in a tie.

This makes me want to delete the game.

Nice workaround to avoid defeat, will try it if I get a chance :)

Truly bothersome bug, that Beast neverending attack one.

I'm holding the final awakening to see what they'll do to him- will it only be a limit to maximum number of attack or something else.

osiris0000
01-12-2020, 12:01 PM
Some counters:

-Bring Ragna (or any char gives immunity to burn effects)
-Space talismans (Grant Immunity to Cleave and Non-Silver Burn effects to all allies. )

Or better: Starfire Talismans. Let him attack and get back the damage to his team, and when Starfire wearer dies all negatives will be cleansed and loop will stop.

wipp
01-12-2020, 03:26 PM
Dont starfires only reflect on first round?

Horus-2545
01-12-2020, 04:36 PM
Yes Wipp—only the first round. And congrats to you making it to #1 without taking advantage of the beast warlord/lantern and not having the op moonchild cosmic talisman like vampiric and past. In this era of mutually assured destruction maybe it is time to now bring out the awakened Beast before the bug is fixed!

Horus-2545
01-12-2020, 04:38 PM
Of course I’m suggesting this only in protest. Like committing violence at a peace rally...��

wipp
01-12-2020, 05:10 PM
Thank you horus. And yes i sure hope they fix that soon.its such bs

Beddie
01-12-2020, 06:18 PM
Can we rename this thread to
‘Worst exploit in arena right now’?
(Unless there is a extra turn limit) this setup doesn’t use and bugs to cheat the game