PDA

View Full Version : Dark Omens - Debut of 3 New Characters including Mystic Flame Eddie!

Ruby_LOTB
01-05-2020, 12:30 AM
Mystic Flame Eddie is making his Legacy of the Beast debut!

This character is the fully skill sharded, special edition version of Mystic Eddie and is exclusive to the Seance Soul.

From now until January 11th at 4PM PT, complete new event challenges on the Challenges screen. These reward you for completing specific objectives in the Arena and Gauntlet. Objectives include winning Arena battles using only Basic Attacks, as well as using specific classes, abilities and talismans!

Every Event Challenge cleared will award Seance Soul Fragments, Iron Coins and more!

See the Challenge menu for full details!

**BONUS: For the duration of the Dark Omens event, Eternity Soul Fragments you earn from the weekly Arena resets can be traded for Eternity Talismans!

Eternity Talismans are purple talismans with a 5 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set for the following effects: Grant Perfect Hit to all allies at the start of battle for 2 turns. Grant Physical, Magic, and True Block to self for 1 turn if Perfect Hit, Regen, or Charge is present at the start of your turn. Remove All Beneficial Effects, including Golden Effects, Stun, and inflict Perfect Disable for 1 turn on a random enemy if Passive Disable is active on any enemy at the start of your turn. Fully heal and removes Doom effects from all enemies if the wearer of this talisman has the Shawl of Styx passive.

Seance Soul Details

The Seance Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class. Soul highlights include an exclusive chance of getting Mystic Flame Eddie and Madam Fortune, plus an increased chance of receiving the Plague Doctor Harpy!

Each Seance Soul summoned will also grant the following bonus rewards:
10 Mystic Flame Eddie Soul Fragments (Magus)
10 Madam Fortune Soul Fragments (Warrior)
10 Plague Doctor Harpy Soul Fragments (Gunner)
20 Talisman Gold Red Soul Fragments

Collecting 750 Mystic Flame Eddie Soul Fragments (Magus) guarantees one 5★ Magus Mystic Flame Eddie!

500 Madam Fortune Soul Fragments (Warrior) guarantees one 5★ Warrior Madam Fortune!

350 Plague Doctor Harpy Soul Fragments (Gunner) guarantees one 4★ Gunner Plague Doctor Harpy!

400 Talisman Gold Red Soul Fragments guarantees a Tier 1 to Tier 3 Gold or Red Cosmic Talisman and 5★ Gold Idol.

Exclusive Chance

Mystic Flame Eddie (5★ Magus): This special edition version of Mystic Eddie comes fully skill sharded[B] and armed with the Fifth Element passive, replacing the regular Mystic Eddie fury attack. This ability places a Mystic Flame on up to 2 random enemies at the start of your turn. The Mystic Flame is a Red and Blue rotating flame that appears around enemies.

If it is present, it will inflict Freeze for 2 turns, Passive Disable for the duration of battle, and deal additional magic damage equal to 50% of the target's MAX HP each action you take. This passive also extends the duration of Ghost effects on allies and removes Dark Ghost and Doom from all allies at the start of your turn. Finally, Fifth Element revives self and all allies upon death with full HP.

Madam Fortune (5★ Warrior): This negative effect caster inflicts Passive Diable at the start of battle and can remove all forms of Immunity (including Perfect Immunity) from enemies.

Please note that these characters are not currently available in any other souls. After this event, Madam Fortune will only be featured occasionally in Heroic Soul Rotations. If you miss your chance to recruit them, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

Increased Chance

Plague Doctor Harpy (4★ Gunner): A physical damager who inflicts Dark Ghost, can remove Golden Effects from enemies, and transforms Healing effects into Marks on the opposing team!

Check the Compendium in the Book of Souls for full character details!

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help you complete the challenges ahead:
[list]
Get Seance Souls in packs of 1,3 and 10 for Ironite!
Grab our Any Class Power Up Pack! This pack provides Ironite, a bit of gold, 5★ Colourless XP Shards to power up any class of character!
Get the Omniscient Talisman Combo Pack. This pack comes with 3 T2 Red Cosmic Talismans with Past, Present and Future set effects! This package also comes with some bonus Ironite, Gold and Cosmic Evo Materials, as a one-time only offer!
Eternity Relics are purchasable with Gold in the Event Store!

Eternity Relics grant players up to a 50% increase in HP, Attack and Magic stats in the Arena for a limited time. There are two kinds: [b]Eternity Arms (Increase Stats on your Arena Offense Team) and Eternity Armor (Increase Stats on your Arena Defense Team).

Please note: Each Eternity Relic can be purchased twice and will expire 2 weeks after they are purchased (Note: Earning additional levels of these Relics will refresh the timer!). These Relics will not increase stats in the Gauntlet.

Beddie
01-05-2020, 12:48 AM
That’s not good

Maiden
01-05-2020, 12:52 AM
Guys the "Snow" tab in the store it's gone, the countdown said we were supposed to have around 10 days more for buying stuff.. what happened?

Volrath
01-05-2020, 02:45 AM
So you can only get like 11 or 12 souls from doing the challenges...and you can't grind them out like with a dungeon...and you need to use 75 to get the Eddie? Am I missing something? Might as well have named the event "Calling All Whales."

That said, the challenges are kind of interesting and will coincide with my usual Gauntlet activity so might as well.

DeathDealer-5301
01-05-2020, 03:10 AM
Yes, looking like we won't get many chances at the new toons without spending ironite.

DeathDealer-5301
01-05-2020, 03:17 AM
Just checked the odds for these toons from the souls. Be lucky to get 2 of the 3* and maybe a 4 star. 2% chance per souls for a 5* and then maybe you'll get a highlighted toon.

fantomz
01-05-2020, 04:08 AM
Design prick strikes again! Past talismans were available only through real money purchase and they are needed in this event. Navigators have reached new level of stupidity. Pathetic .

Muzzleloader
01-05-2020, 04:43 AM
Did you mean the past talisman? They were either earned by top arena finishes or with real money. I eanred a set of present either in an event or with gauntlet ranking.

fantomz
01-05-2020, 05:15 AM
Did you mean the past talisman? They were either earned by top arena finishes or with real money. I eanred a set of present either in an event or with gauntlet ranking.

Yep, you're right :)
Post edited

Ip4
01-05-2020, 05:15 AM
75 soul and no event character like always...

Lthepostman
01-05-2020, 07:53 AM
Design prick strikes again! Past talismans were available only through real money purchase and they are needed in this event. Navigators have reached new level of stupidity. Pathetic .
I am really disappointed by this poor decision. I cannot complete this event but my weak defence is up. I'll just try to collect all the other rewards

Highace
01-05-2020, 08:43 AM
The unimpressiveness of January events continues with this one. There are several big things that make this particular event really stupid, like:
-needing a talisman set that can only be obtained by scoring top 3 at the arena or just paying money for it
-having only 10 shots at most for getting the new characters and needing to cough up the cash if you're not super lucky
-having G. Hierophant as one of the 5* highlights, even though he'll appear in the heroics like 2 days from now
-giving out shitty rewards aside from the soul frags and IC

Honestly, I'm quite disappointed by this one. If I didn't need the IC, I'd most likely just skip it, considering the nature of RNG. I'll just try and do the challenges to keep working on my relics. My Scrooge and 3 Tiny Tims will be waiting for you.

trooper206
01-05-2020, 08:53 AM
Well, let's cut to the chase.. This sucks! What Highace said, and all troopers above, I agree.

I personally haven't played gauntlet for almost a month now, didn't do the cosmic talisman event,and guess what? I am not doing this event, too!!

It just feels great!! I will not chase the wind anymore with this game. Either way, every month an OP character is released just to be a counter of the previous month's OP one.. Well it will not hurt to wait until those characters are released through grind,heroics or something else except money grabbing techniques.

Thanks, have a nice day!!

Caesar815
01-05-2020, 09:19 AM
Heavy Amen 🙏🏻 fellow 🤘🏻

Brickster
01-05-2020, 09:39 AM
In this event you can earn 2000 Séance Soul Fragments. That's equal to 10 Séance Souls and 100 Mystic Flame Eddie Soul Fragments.
That means you have to get 650 Mystic Flame Soul Fragments through other means i.e. buying 65 Séance Souls for ironite in the store.
The cheapest option to get those is 6 times the Séance mega-pack (10 souls each) and 2 times the Séance soul pack (3 souls each), which amounts to a total of 6000 ironite.
According to the store the "best value" for ironite is the Pharaoh's Treasure. That is 4000 ironite for €99,99.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

That means you can get your own Mystic Flame Eddie for a mere €149.99 worth of ironite. What a steal.

Beddie
01-05-2020, 11:04 AM
I don’t understand the appeal of spending copious amounts of money on a mobile game that’ll eventually shut down, making all the purchases wasted

real_schweiger
01-05-2020, 11:22 AM
Like it or not, but this is no new idea in the events of that game (ok, buying a talisman for real money to complete a small challenge is a new level), but we had so many toons who where appetized by 10 event souls - the lucky ones could end the event with those, others had to purchase the following souls with ironite.
As I passed Malakov and Dark Lilith in the free event souls I saved my ironite consequently... just in case there will be a toon I really need.

To be honest: This time I will surely pass. Madam Fortune looks nice, but there is no need to purchase her with expensive ironite as far as I need this to grind LOL XV (still one LoL needs to be awakened and the awakening Shards are really rare), so I will use it for this issue.
Nevertheless I will keep my defense low - so you´re welcome as always.

Once again: Receiving only 10 "free" event souls is nothing new, so I´m not really upset - but the need to spend 20€ for a talisman set to receive one (or two?) event souls... that really sucks.

Caesar815
01-05-2020, 11:45 AM
I don’t understand the appeal of spending copious amounts of money on a mobile game that’ll eventually shut down, making all the purchases wasted

WHO actually said that? Is it that close to the end? I hardly can believe it...

Beddie
01-05-2020, 12:23 PM
WHO actually said that? Is it that close to the end? I hardly can believe it...
Eventually all things will end

Azagthor
01-05-2020, 12:36 PM
These event soul events tend to work one of two ways right? Either grind-able event souls, like with the recent Halloween and Christmas dungeons, or through ironite purchases like this one, and most of The Awakening ones (from memory). A combination of the two would be nice though, a direct ironite option for those who don't want to grind, and a grinding way for those willing to spend the extra time to grind.

For an arena even like this, have soul fragments drop from each offensive victory. That would really incentive people to get out there and do some PvP, in addition to going for all the various challenges.

Talking about challenges... here are all the ones for this event.

Arena Challenges
Times Needed

Win with all characters above 50% HP
x50

Win using Basic Moves only
x50

Win using at least 3 Power Moves
x50

Win using at least 1 Fury move
x20

Win using Warrior-characters only, all must survive
x20

Use Accuracy Up/Perfect Accuracy and win
x250

Use Force Shield/Perfect Force Shield and win
x250

Inflict Crave/Perfect Crave and win
x250

Inflict Cleave/Perfect Cleave and win
x250

Gauntlet Challenges
Times Needed

Clear Rank C
x1

Clear Rank B
x1

Clear Rank A
x1

Win wearing a Past talisman set
x10

Win wearing a Present talisman set
x10

Win wearing a Future talisman set
x10

Bakura
01-05-2020, 01:57 PM
Requiring "Past" talismans is really messed up.
Hardly anyone has them.
All for the theme of "Past/Present/Future."
Atleast they could have been obtained as 3 of the arena challenge rewards, that would have made more sense.

In "ironite for souls" puchase events like this, I usually gamble 900 ironite once just to see if I can get lucky..... I wasn't.

When I logged in and saw there was a new event, I cringed. It's so exhausting.
There's barely any time to enjoy a sense of satisfaction from accomplishing the previous event.
Also, any feeling like your catching up on having most of the characters, lasts about a day.... cuz tomorrow there will be new ones. (But not really though, it's actually a pre-existing toon w/ a new look and passive.)

Good Luck Troopers!

Beddie
01-05-2020, 02:07 PM
Also you said that Both the Mysic Eddie and Madame Reskins are event exclusive with Madame entering the Heroic’s lineup. So what’s gonna happen with the Eddie?

Caesar815
01-05-2020, 02:31 PM
Eventually all things will end

Kinda too philosophical or too early for not having a beer 🍺 😂

Beddie
01-05-2020, 02:54 PM
Kinda too philosophical or too early for not having a beer �� �� Crack open a tasty Trooper beer

Stormseye
01-05-2020, 05:05 PM
Plague Doctor Harpy Power move is not transforming negative effects for “the duration of the battle” It is only doing it for 2-3 rounds.

MetalKing
01-05-2020, 06:16 PM
Also you said that Both the Mysic Eddie and Madame Reskins are event exclusive with Madame entering the Heroic’s lineup. So what’s gonna happen with the Eddie?
More than likely the mystic Eddie with a passive will be available only in special events or packs, like samurai emperor Eddie for example.

Hartacus
01-05-2020, 08:13 PM
Anyone else finding an eternal spinning wheel of death when trying to open the store?

Horus-2545
01-05-2020, 11:09 PM
This is the solution to the Moonchild problem that I did not like. Characters that counter Moonchild but unobtainable without incredible luck or by spending money. I would have preferred a Moonchild nerf. These are tough objectives. Cleave 250 times!

SyTreXx
01-05-2020, 11:22 PM
Requiring "Past" talismans is really messed up.
Hardly anyone has them.
All for the theme of "Past/Present/Future."
Atleast they could have been obtained as 3 of the arena challenge rewards, that would have made more sense.

In "ironite for souls" puchase events like this, I usually gamble 900 ironite once just to see if I can get lucky..... I wasn't.

When I logged in and saw there was a new event, I cringed. It's so exhausting.
There's barely any time to enjoy a sense of satisfaction from accomplishing the previous event.
Also, any feeling like your catching up on having most of the characters, lasts about a day.... cuz tomorrow there will be new ones. (But not really though, it's actually a pre-existing toon w/ a new look and passive.)

Good Luck Troopers!

They’ve put a new easy 100 frags mission probably cause of the past talisman thing, so you can get to 2000 now... not that it changes much..

DeathDealer-5301
01-06-2020, 12:14 AM
Yeah, saw that new 100 frag one show up right after I finished all the other achievements. 10 souls and just got 3* dups.

Leviathan
01-06-2020, 12:22 AM
Hello Troopers,

Thank you for your feedback so far. The requirement for Past Talismans was an oversight unfortunately. To address this we have added 1 extra event challenge (a simple one: Play 10 Arena Battles). This will give the exact same rewards as the Event Challenge requiring Past Talismans so players will now be able to earn the maximum amount of Souls from this event.

Muzzleloader
01-06-2020, 12:28 AM
It's still a spend ironite for souls event.

R1ck
01-06-2020, 02:25 AM
And off course non of latest event rewards include ironite.

Azagthor
01-06-2020, 03:25 AM
Hello Troopers,

Thank you for your feedback so far. The requirement for Past Talismans was an oversight unfortunately. To address this we have added 1 extra event challenge (a simple one: Play 10 Arena Battles). This will give the exact same rewards as the Event Challenge requiring Past Talismans so players will now be able to earn the maximum amount of Souls from this event.

Thanks for the update, and for implementing this change so quickly.

Xanofar
01-06-2020, 07:38 AM
The original Mystic Eddie was in the very first specific-soul pack, similar to this.

How I remember it:
1. It was the first time we'd seen souls at 10 for 900 rather than 625.
2. The souls could be Gunners and Assassins, which was still kind of rare at the time.
3. There were no fragments dropped from each soul. 10 souls was 10 tries, not 10/75.
4. With a meager 12ish souls, I actually got 2 Mystic Eddies. Anecdotal evidence, but I'm pretty sure the odds were WAY better back then. They were advertised as having a high drop chance, after all.

satani
01-06-2020, 11:01 AM
75 soul and no event character like always...

with 75 souls, you should have the Eddie and the 2 others.
I spent ~50 souls with ironite to get both other characters. Madame Fortune seems pretty heavy - a warrior prisoner.

Saigrim
01-06-2020, 11:55 AM
with 75 souls, you should have the Eddie and the 2 others.
I spent ~50 souls with ironite to get both other characters. Madame Fortune seems pretty heavy - a warrior prisoner.

I think Ip4 is just trying to point out how ridiculous it is expecting to get an event character from an event soul. We are all more than aware you can just buy enough souls to acquire all the fragments. I, like you, went the 50 souls for Madame, and stopped. No real desire for Elvis Eddie. The fact I did not get a single event character drop, and the fact that out of over 200 Christmas event souls I received a single ghost long after I already had the event toons with frags, shows just how rigged the game has become.

I spend money on this. More than my fair share for a mobile game. I was actually considering buying another store pack for the sole purpose of getting my ironite reserves back to where they roughly were. Realizing, once again, not a single damn event toon had dropped has actually soured me on the game today. So it’s fair to say I don’t feel inspired to add to NF’s coffers.

I can’t actually remember the last time I got excited about this game because the Book of Souls actually rewarded me with an event character.

Meh. Just, meh.

Stranger
01-06-2020, 12:50 PM
Seance soul contains 207 toons with 2,18% chance to pull 5* toon. What chance is to pull event Eddie? Almost zero.

BTW I finished Grade A challenge but it's not fulfilled. Is this another bug and we need to clear AA?

scott-5496
01-06-2020, 01:02 PM
Well I am glad they added a new event target to 'replace' the past talisman thing - that was a new low. This new low sours the players views and all because of an oversight? Really odd!

I have always hated these events - pretty much need to manually play them as it is arena and due to the event targets so it takes ages to do as no auto possible unless you are happy to let RNG do each game and accept a pile of defeats.

I would be happy if there was never another arena event to be honest - kind of the same for gauntlet! But that is just an opinion and no others don't mind these as they play a lot more than me in manual. So I will see what I can do but not going to stress about it - the Madame seems very strong for sure but no way I am spending ironite to get her. I think that is a step too far as it always id for me in this game when you have to spend to get. I don't mind the odd purchase or character that is 'cheap' and includes ironite etc but not one like this. Way too much so I will do without. I am only starting to recover my ironite from the spending before and after xmas on events and grinding (which was worth it for the new characters).

Getting to the stage now that I just do what I can and give up on what I can't. I am never going to be top of anything so really not in it for podiums etc - but for fun and actually at the moment I often get more fun from my two kids accounts as they are wat down and have mid level accounts so there is more stuff to do and certainly more fun in arena and gauntlet as they cant get near the top with their rosters but it is super cool when you get a new character as they can make a big difference.

I spent ages trying to get Dark Lilith and have barely used her as she is not yet maxed - likely the same for Lucifer. I have not been in LOL XV since mid - December as it was pointless as I had not enough gold to awaken (better now) and had little ironite to farm (a little better now as getting close to 2k again!)

My view is to try to do what you can with what you have and kiss goodbye to events characters like this one if you have to spend on souls or ironite or whatever...…….it is just not worth it for folks like me outside the top 1 - 100 players (arena/gauntlet) unless of course you have a desire to get into the top and all the time that can take.

Stranger
01-06-2020, 01:44 PM
Cleared AA and got the reward. They miss one "A" :rolleyes:

Natasmai
01-06-2020, 04:29 PM
"clear" used to mean "reach". But lately it actually means you need to complete all battles in the "A" level to open up "AA", then you get the rewards.

Stranger
01-06-2020, 05:59 PM
Sure. I CLEARED "A" and got nothing. I was rewarded after I cleared AA (and reached AAA). It's nothing serious. But I hate changing talismans in gauntlet and I was looking forward to the reward :D

Natasmai
01-06-2020, 06:26 PM
gotcha, just checking

Bakura
01-06-2020, 06:39 PM
Hello Troopers,

Hey, thanks for adjusting that according to customer feedback.

We understand mistakes & oversights can happen, and we appreciate you guys fixing & correcting.

Thanks again,
and
Happy New Year!
🎉🍻❄🍾

infinite dreamer
01-06-2020, 09:37 PM
Anyone dealing with any screen freezing in the arena since this event started? I've had 3 battles completely freeze (one froze at the start, two others after the battle started where they just stood there looking menacingly at each other except for a Hellraiser who looked kind of hungry). After restarting LOTB, I tried the same battles again with no issue.

Bakura
01-07-2020, 01:14 AM
I had it happen one time on the first day of this event.
I never ever had that happen before in the 17 months I've been playing.

Tim28213
01-07-2020, 02:18 AM
I have had 3-4 arena battles freeze on the iPad.

Bapper
01-07-2020, 03:01 AM
One thing that I like is that they are making new Eddies have more unique mechanics that are exclusive to them like Oni Eddies empowerment, though this passive is still a "Inflict x every turn" they did try to change it up a little.

purplepeople
01-07-2020, 04:12 AM
These event soul events tend to work one of two ways right? Either grind-able event souls, like with the recent Halloween and Christmas dungeons, or through ironite purchases like this one, and most of The Awakening ones (from memory). A combination of the two would be nice though, a direct ironite option for those who don't want to grind, and a grinding way for those willing to spend the extra time to grind.

For an arena even like this, have soul fragments drop from each offensive victory. That would really incentive people to get out there and do some PvP, in addition to going for all the various challenges.

Talking about challenges... here are all the ones for this event.

Arena Challenges
Times Needed

Win with all characters above 50% HP
x50

Win using Basic Moves only
x50

Win using at least 3 Power Moves
x50

Win using at least 1 Fury move
x20

Win using Warrior-characters only, all must survive
x20

Use Accuracy Up/Perfect Accuracy and win
x250

Use Force Shield/Perfect Force Shield and win
x250

Inflict Crave/Perfect Crave and win
x250

Inflict Cleave/Perfect Cleave and win
x250

Gauntlet Challenges
Times Needed

Clear Rank C
x1

Clear Rank B
x1

Clear Rank A
x1

Win wearing a Past talisman set
x10

Win wearing a Present talisman set
x10

Win wearing a Future talisman set
x10

I hope the people with 500 more points than me in the arena are enjoying beating my obvious scrub team with their all-warrior crave-inflicting teams while leaving their defense teams set to max awakened moonchilds I can at best hope to draw against with my A-squad. Didn't people used to downgrade their defense teams during arena events like this? Especially if you're obviously going for the ridiculous awards yourself...

When you get to a certain rank in the arena these days, every single defense will crush any all warrior team or any team that wastes a spot on a toon who can cleave or bestow accuracy up. I can refresh every half hour and it's the same roster of level 11 moonchild teams with the same labyrinths and vampiric cosmics. Not really feeling the community spirit in the arena in 2020.

drrchmnd
01-07-2020, 05:40 AM
there is a community spirit? really? since when?

It's an asinine event all there is to it. Forget the amount of SoW etc etc etc it takes and the annoying amount of time to change talisman to get the required win #s. Yeah that alone means I aint doing it.

Heavy1974
01-07-2020, 06:47 AM
there is a community spirit? really? since when?

It's an asinine event all there is to it. Forget the amount of SoW etc etc etc it takes and the annoying amount of time to change talisman to get the required win #s. Yeah that alone means I aint doing it.

There was some time ago. Lonely Eddie defense was standard in arena events over a year ago. Or christmas toon teams or whatever.
Not much of those players around anymore, sad.

Beddie
01-07-2020, 07:18 AM
They added a new achievement where you spend 10 sands of war

URock
01-07-2020, 09:18 AM
What are PAST and PRESENT Talismans? Would be nice to have a picture of them in the description of the challenges...

Yup
01-07-2020, 09:50 AM
Present...

Past.....

Future...

You can find stuff like this here:

http://www.news.maiden-lotb.com/n3/talisman-en/

---------------

Be aware the Past talismans were ONLY available via a purchase. -- or the current cosmic purchase. Three cosmics each with the various augment. (Cosmic augments work for achievements)

Beddie
01-07-2020, 09:50 AM
Past talismans are a green 3 set only available by winning arena or paying money for them
Present talismans are a red 3 set that’s used in events

URock
01-07-2020, 09:58 AM
TY and sorry for being so noob, but I'm new into this game.

Azagthor
01-07-2020, 12:52 PM
Pity they're not 2-sets so you could wear all three at once and master time.

Alvorada
01-08-2020, 12:24 AM
Well, my 2 cents:

- combined number of wins with others goals it a good change for arena event structure.

- just 10 souls it too few stuff. You should consider to add repeatable streach goal awarding extra souls.

A lot of players bougth 40 souls to achieve Madam Fortune (me included). If we get 25 souls instead of just 10, a many players shoud go for 50 purchasing and some players tha not buy anything could buy 25 to get the "mid prize".

- I didn't experienced any bug this week, even with the increased demand on server at this ocasions. That is very nice.

Muzzleloader
01-08-2020, 01:23 AM
How is an event sole purpose to make you spend ironite without earning grinding rewards a good thing. Next they should base an event on real money purchases as its basis. That way it wouldnt be a hidden money grab.

They make you spend ironite without earning other needed resources. Another way to make you buy ironite for those needed resources in future play.

In my opinion this is the worst type of event for players. At least other events you have the option to grind or buy the frags directly.

Bakura
01-08-2020, 02:10 AM
I agree with Muzzleloader.... this event was "meh."

In order to get event characters you have to spend too much.
I did spend 900 ironite on 10 event souls, but that's it. I already spent $20 on Guy Fawkes.
I'm limiting myself to $30 a month.

Any ironite I have left and will purchase for my last $10 will be used on the upcoming grind event.

Some spend alot, and some spend nothing.... but I support the game without getting too extreme.
Yet, if I had butt loads of money, I probably would buy anything and everything.

As a poor person, I spend wisely and put alot of time earning rewards (every part of every event.)

This event will not be missed.
I just wish that for those of us who completed all the challenges, we could have at least earned the Harpy.

Btw, I'm not b!tchin', just stating my "feedback"
.... I appreciate all you Devs do ..... keep up the good work.

Yup
01-08-2020, 02:37 AM
They have yet to hit a happy medium....

The Xmas event.. REQUIRED grinding for the possibility of all the characters... You could not purchase frags past a certain amount. If you were lucky, you might have gotten all the characters from the frag purchases. Or subsequent souls garnered from grinding. You were guaranteed at least 1 of every frag option if you purchased all the frags you could.. so the highlighted Eddie was a guarantee if you purchased enough. But there was absolutely no guarantee anyone would get any other character. The guarantee was only for ONE character in each frag set.. and since frag sets contained more then one character.. it was random. I didn't get the gunner ghost. Nothing I can do about that. After two weeks of grinding and 4 tries with the frags.. I gave up.

The Dark Omen even REQUIRES purchase (most likely) to get all the characters. But it also guarantees all the characters at a certain purchase amount (typically around $200 US).

What they need.. is the Xmas event style with changes.... Allow purchase to a point, and then one must grind.... BUT.. and this is IMPORTANT... STOP putting multiple event characters in the same frags. It is nothing short of infuriating to grind for two weeks and see the same character drop repeatedly out of a poole of ONLY 2 characters. That's NOT a 50/50 chance. It's borderline abusive. Either split the characters into their own frags.. or implement some sort of mechanism to toggle which character drops... if Character A dropped last time for UserX, then Character B should drop next for UserX.

Smudger24
01-08-2020, 02:44 AM
Well I got 7 of the 10 souls, and as expected 3* crap. To be honest I don't mind these events.

They used to bother me, but I figure there's no way they're getting $200 from me for a few mobile game characters. So this gives me a break and time to work on achievements and actually try out some of the characters that I already have from the past few crazy grind months.

I'm actually enjoying the game for the first time in a while, as long as I avoid Arena, feels like a clone nightmare in there. Every team is either VHE with moonchild, or BHE with moonchild.

I'm still keeping my week team up for all those chasing those 10 3* dupe crap souls.

So ya f*ck this money grab event and enjoy the game again...

Up the Irons.

Bakura
01-08-2020, 04:44 AM
The Halloween and the Christmas events were the best, IMO.
I got all the characters from both events.

Even though your phone is taken hostage by grinding endlessly, it's still more worth it than outright spending $100+.

Azagthor
01-08-2020, 05:05 AM
The Xmas event.. REQUIRED grinding for the possibility of all the characters... You could not purchase frags past a certain amount. If you were lucky, you might have gotten all the characters from the frag purchases. Or subsequent souls garnered from grinding. You were guaranteed at least 1 of every frag option if you purchased all the frags you could.. so the highlighted Eddie was a guarantee if you purchased enough.

I might be remembering this wrong, but I didn't think you could buy Scrooge. The $20/30(regional pricing) fragment packs contained 1,500 possessed snowman fragments each, but you needed 2,500 fragments for a 10-pack of souls. Which means you could only buy 6 of them. Think there were about 30 souls given out for various rewards and challenges? Which was still only 90 souls over all. Even spending money, you had to grind a little.

The Cyborg event let you buy enough fragments to buy BHE directly, but you still had to grind if you wanted the talisman.

Agree with you about needing to find a happy medium though. Have both grinding and purchasing options be "reasonable" and let the other method speed things up for those who want it.

Yup
01-08-2020, 07:46 AM
You couldn't outright buy scrooge.. but you could buy enough frags to get enough souls to then get Scrooge via those frags. But, I'm also just remembering.. so I won't argue. i could definitely be incorrect. I thought you could buy 10 packs of frags, not 6.

Muzzleloader
01-08-2020, 01:57 PM
I have given up trying to be in the top tier. I know I will not have every toon/talis combo and I am comfortable with that. Since the focus of the game went from pay to win to outright pay to compete the appeal has diminished.

With the influx of so many new players who can buy their way to the top in a short time they will lose many long term players who grinded their way through the game. Once the newness of the game wears off they will loss many of those new players who spent money.

Azagthor
01-08-2020, 02:41 PM
You couldn't outright buy scrooge.. but you could buy enough frags to get enough souls to then get Scrooge via those frags. But, I'm also just remembering.. so I won't argue. i could definitely be incorrect. I thought you could buy 10 packs of frags, not 6.

You could buy the frag pack 10 times, but I don't think each one gave you enough frags to buy a full 10-pack of souls? I could also be remembering it wrong though, I didn't take any screenshots.

Horus-2545
01-08-2020, 03:13 PM
I love the Scrooge, BHE, VHE, Krampus type events where you work hard but you get a reward. I hate these types of events where you pay to get the character. If we can earn 100 fragments, and Madam Fortune is 500, then that is 900 iron rite for 100 fragments. Thus, I would need to spend 3600 Ironrite to get her and Plague Doctor. I don't know how people accumulate so much Ironrite in this game. Every month I buy the $9.99 daily iron rite. Once in a while I will spend a little money for a bulk of Ironrite. But with the New Years special, $60 gets you 3000 Ironrite. So, these characters are costing somewhere between $70-$100 total. So, it becomes a pay to win sadly, except for the people who are lucky enough to roll the 10 souls to get one of them. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. It seems crazy to spend that amount of money for characters. These characters are the VHE, BHE and Moonchild counters that we have all wanted--the passive destroyers for the uber passives.

Bakura
01-08-2020, 03:25 PM
With the money it would take to buy all the latest toons & talis for 3 months, a person could have bought an Xbox and 2 or 3 console games, roughly speaking.

Knut-3112
01-08-2020, 03:48 PM
And guess which would give you more fun...

kkkreg5
01-08-2020, 04:26 PM
It takes at least 5800 ironite to "collect" the Edd this current method without "luck" involved. It took 3630 for me to gather the frags necessary for Scrooge. The Scrooge event was cheaper on ironite, but the grind is mind numbing. As far as Yup's situation with Gunner Ghost, I would be and have been pissed and disappointed in the past. They will chalk it up to RNG, but I think something can be done to address that. What I did was save enough frags for 3 souls and dropped them at the same time. Got 2 Sentinel and 1 Gunner so it worked out.

Muzzleloader
01-08-2020, 05:31 PM
They are just riding the gravy train as long as it lasts.

A purchase only event is just a money grab. If they give the option to grind, buy or both is the best for the players. If you have the time, ironite, and toons to grind you earn the toons and all the rewards associated. If you dont have the time or toons and want to purchase souls that at least is an option.

They just want to coerce you to buy the souls so you wont be left behind. All the while knowing you will need more ironite to grind all other events or resource gathering worlds.

zzzoron
01-10-2020, 01:36 PM
Just to add for the statistics: 50 souls = 0 event chars.