PDA

View Full Version : fair play in arena during events

Saints_sin
01-05-2020, 03:11 PM
im not one normally to complain but when people set SOLO EDS as arena defence so people can clear event challenges the least people can do is return the favour or not have a max awakened team on defence ffs people play with solo eds to help people out the least that can be done is back this by returning the favour

Jdawg
01-05-2020, 03:13 PM
I totally agree with you. I set a lone Ed and it’s crap seeing a fully awakened team facing me in my defence tab. If you’re not going to return the favour, then don’t use the exploit to begin with.

Saints_sin
01-05-2020, 03:18 PM
same i just went to check defence and out of the 15 times i was attacked 10 of them had max cyborg/ vhe with max moonie and at least 1 LoL/dl on defence

Grunf
01-05-2020, 03:25 PM
i put Labs on my Eddie, rest of the team are weak chars without talismans.

this way i hope you guys can get your wins and use 3 power attacks and fury too in one play.

Smudger24
01-05-2020, 03:43 PM
That's a good idea labs. I had primordials on ed and week team. But to help out the 3 power challenge that would work.

Horus-2545
01-05-2020, 03:50 PM
I have a VHE out there allows time for some moves. Frustrating to find some others with reciprocal teams

Azagthor
01-05-2020, 03:58 PM
Even better than a solo ed for these events is having a full team of weak characters. Allows people to get the Crave and Cleave effects faster too.

Caesar815
01-05-2020, 04:51 PM
Same written above happens to me all the time. But I continue helping with weak teams or just solo Ed.

Maiden
01-05-2020, 05:19 PM
Yeah it´s kinda frustrating the lack of "buddy-ness(?)" among people who can help each other really easily.. BUT think in this way, each defeat its actually good for you, the higher you rank the fewer lone-eds you´ll find, so you need to stay low.. just don´t reply to those pvps...

On the other hand.. being devil's advocate... nobody force you to have a weak defense.. so try to enjoy it.., anyway my lone Coalgiver is up trying to help!

SyTreXx
01-05-2020, 08:02 PM
Losing is good for you in regard to complete event challenges so I don’t understand your complaint.

I lose on purpose around 100 battles so I can complete the challenges...

Beddie
01-05-2020, 08:46 PM
One week of bad ranking isn’t gonna kill anyone

Discordian
01-05-2020, 09:24 PM
This has nothing to do with "fair play". Things covered by "fair play" include throwing games to boost your friends, using broken combos like Beast/Lantern/Warlord, etc.

Even being a douchebag and using ironite refreshes to lower someone's score because they made you look a right arse on the forums is "fair play", albeit a stupid use of ironite.

I kept a weak defense up until I finished the only challenges that I was worried about - 3 power moves & fury move - and then switched back to one of my typical defense teams. I happen to like ranking highly - sometimes for the reward souls, but even when not that, for the free ironite. It's helpful in building up a stash that can then be used to, for example, buy enough souls for Madame Fortune without worrying about ironite reserves going forward. It's a personal choice for anybody who wants to do it; some people like to drop levels so they can farm irons coins more quickly, so except in the top tiers there are typically single Eds or weak defenses all the way down. But I think it's absurd to imply the anybody has an obligation to help you - or anybody else - and is not "playing fair" if they choose not to do so.

Muzzleloader
01-05-2020, 09:41 PM
This discussion happens almost every arena event. At least this event doesnt require 500 wins. If you run a weak defense, at least until you complete 20 revenge battles usually raises your rank. Everyone has thier own reasons for how they play.

Bakura
01-06-2020, 07:11 AM
Regarding setting a "weak" defense....
a lone Eddie made sense when the Arena challenges were purely quantity of wins, BUT nowadays the arena events are less about winning and more about applying/using: buffs, fury, debuffs etc. So a weak team should replace the "lone Ed."

I currently am using old Christmas toons I use to hold unpowered talismans inventory, plus one has a set of Celestials to give you time to build up power points to use to apply negs/buffs.

This is all just my opinion, but I believe a change needs to occur where the new standard for such arena challenges is a weak team replacing a lone Ed.
Besides, the only cheating going on is the AI when it ignores passives or plays unfairly due to bugs.

If I ever meet that Artificial Intelligence walking down the street.... I'm going to kick it square in the nutz!
🤣

Xanofar
01-06-2020, 07:42 AM
My team is Edward the Great and 3 level 1 gunner Krampus. I ended up getting 5 randomly in souls, what else will I do with them? :p

4V1ct0ry
01-06-2020, 12:01 PM
Also running a weak defense here.
I do understand the frustration... in the last event I started to put up a weak defense the first day.
After being defeated 31 times in a row by teams that did not have a weak defense I switch back to a stronger defense team.
This time it seems more out there are willing to help others... so I will probably leave the weak defense on ( Coal giver (After 3 years of hunting!!!) with some other Christmas characters :p )

NyBSfP
01-06-2020, 04:57 PM
Ive had a continuous weak defense for months and always finish above 3500. I usually revenge everyone as its always full plus take on attacks. During these events though, I refuse to revenge those that are not setting up weak defenses.

zzzoron
01-06-2020, 07:22 PM
Ive had a continuous weak defense for months and always finish above 3500. I usually revenge everyone as its always full plus take on attacks. During these events though, I refuse to revenge those that are not setting up weak defenses.

Same here, except that I never revenge the non-weak teams and still finish over 3000. For me the Arena is not a competition but a cooperation against the "non-cheating" AI.
Cheers to all other constant-weak-defence-team fellows.

LSMaiden
01-06-2020, 09:30 PM
Sorry if I go a bit off topic, in the last few hours I cannot revenge anymore in the Arena, all players are indicated as CAN'T REVENGE.
Does anyone can explain me what's happening?
Thanks

infinite dreamer
01-06-2020, 09:41 PM
Sorry if I go a bit off topic, in the last few hours I cannot revenge anymore in the Arena, all players are indicated as CAN'T REVENGE.
Does anyone can explain me what's happening?
Thanks

Maybe you hit your max number of revenges for the day? You should be able to start up again after reset.

Muzzleloader
01-06-2020, 09:55 PM
You can only revenge 20 times per day an twice per opponent.

purplepeople
01-07-2020, 04:25 AM
This discussion happens almost every arena event. At least this event doesnt require 500 wins. If you run a weak defense, at least until you complete 20 revenge battles usually raises your rank. Everyone has thier own reasons for how they play.

It might as well require 500 wins when you have to win battles by applying such specific skills in battles that those toons could never win against 95% of the teams that get put in front of you.

In the ten latest defense battles on my screen right now, there are five nutcrackers and two W minotaurs in the teams that attacked my weak defense. Every one of those teams has their max awakened moonchilds in their own defenses. If you're taking advantage of other people's weak teams to get your skill challenges fulfilled, the least you can do is set a reciprocal defense.

drrchmnd
01-07-2020, 05:36 AM
Personally I think this type of event is on the asinine side. Basically you get punished to complete the event. You have to win for it to count but every win increases the difficulty. There is a point in time in which you have to refresh to drop down to be able to win again. But there is a problem with the refresh. Anyone else notice that it might change 3 or 4 to a lower number but the rest are right there where you are? Or it changes all of them to the same number you are... or it actually refreshes all of them and they are lower ranked.

So yeah asinine event. Pay to win.

Yup
01-07-2020, 08:26 AM
These types of events, for the most part, have to be done Friday after rollover, maybe Saturday. If you wait any longer than that, they become much, much ore difficult.

I kind of which they'd switch to "fight X battles" (note not 'win", just fight"), then they could add "win x battles" for stretch or "win X defensive battles" or "gain 500pts in PvP" and lately.. "gain 300 draws in the arena" - which could be done in a day.

drrchmnd
01-08-2020, 05:45 AM
These types of events, for the most part, have to be done Friday after rollover, maybe Saturday. If you wait any longer than that, they become much, much ore difficult.

I kind of which they'd switch to "fight X battles" (note not 'win", just fight"), then they could add "win x battles" for stretch or "win X defensive battles" or "gain 500pts in PvP" and lately.. "gain 300 draws in the arena" - which could be done in a day.

They either did that a long time ago or it was a glitch that would register it as a win in a few events. I can't remember which. But as far as fight X times win/loose/draw you get this. And have a win number as a stretch nope... haven't dont that.