PDA

View Full Version : rec talisman combos

Madrik
01-11-2020, 11:00 PM
Hi Folks, newbie to the forum.

been playing the game for a few months now and got a fair amount of characters

completed all lord of light up to x and all brave new world dungeons, all campaigns completed up to night city (hard) still some skulls to finish

looking to build up talismans for the following

Soldier Eddie 5* lv100 maxxed skills and 5 x 5* talismans
Wickerman 5* lv100 maxxed skills
Killer Beast 5* lv100
Storm Eddie 5* lv97
Viking Eddie 5* lv83
Lady Azov 5* lv61
Angel of pain 5* lv96 (magus)
Angel of strife 5* lv77 (sentinel)
Werewolf 5* lv21 (magus)

any help on known good configs for damage/defence for pvp/gauntlet be greatly appreciated as currently can only get to acolyte 1 in arena and grade c in gauntlet before i get my arse royally kicked lol

ta muchly

rich-2335

Beddie
01-11-2020, 11:05 PM
Definitely get a better Eddie (Soldier is kinda bad)

Madrik
01-11-2020, 11:18 PM
been really unlucky with eddie drops, most of the souls I've collected have usually been 3* hell hound, hellraiser etc the only eddies ive got are storm,viking,phantom,pharaoh,trooper,crusader,mumm y,eddie,carriage and fotd, read lots that some people have been really lucky with their eddie drops lol

Beddie
01-11-2020, 11:24 PM
Keep At it and you’ll eventually get some good drops

Ydex
01-11-2020, 11:27 PM
Concentrate on Phantom and Crusader--they're good. I like Pharaoh, too, if you are into "endurance"

Horus-2545
01-11-2020, 11:30 PM
You will get lucky at some point. And save up for Alexander or Gambler Eddie. But there are many good cheaper ones. It is exciting where you are in the game. You have so much unpaved territory. Take your time, and things will happen. You can get some good talisman through the Trooper Store. Early in the game, it is worth investing those Trooper badges in some talisman rather than the 5000 per skill shard (which are also important). There are also some good talisman in the Arena store.

Horus-2545
01-11-2020, 11:31 PM
I was able to get so far with Benjamin Breeg Eddie. I used him FOREVER.

Muzzleloader
01-11-2020, 11:37 PM
Your phantom ed is probably the best. Nightmare and angel talisman are a good combo at your stage. Dont buy event souls with your ironite, save it for events that you can complete. Dont spend gold on leveling toons, do it naturally. Spend gold on leveling talisman.

Earn as many skulls in the cosmos to unlock skull quests.

Madrik
01-11-2020, 11:43 PM
got 1 skull quest to unlock

Madrik
01-11-2020, 11:46 PM
You will get lucky at some point. And save up for Alexander or Gambler Eddie. But there are many good cheaper ones. It is exciting where you are in the game. You have so much unpaved territory. Take your time, and things will happen. You can get some good talisman through the Trooper Store. Early in the game, it is worth investing those Trooper badges in some talisman rather than the 5000 per skill shard (which are also important). There are also some good talisman in the Arena store.

only realised the other day about auto replay so been using all my troopers to build up my trooper badges, so will keep doing that till i can get some good talismans

Yup
01-11-2020, 11:47 PM
Pharaoh Ed with the right talismans will take you faaaaaaar... I still use him in the Sentinel Cosmic Dungeon. If you can put Brave, Frontier, or Tower talismans on him, he'll outlast all those other Eds you have.

Although I do agree, Phantom and Crusader are also decent mid-range eds.

Muzzleloader
01-11-2020, 11:51 PM
How are newer players trying to cope with saving to awaken toons and leveling toons to increase your roster? It is a daunting task. How are you determining which older toons to save and level for future gauntlet battles?

Madrik
01-12-2020, 12:07 AM
Pharaoh Ed with the right talismans will take you faaaaaaar... I still use him in the Sentinel Cosmic Dungeon. If you can put Brave, Frontier, or Tower talismans on him, he'll outlast all those other Eds you have.

Although I do agree, Phantom and Crusader are also decent mid-range eds.

yeah im struggling to build a good set of talisman combos for all of them to be fair Soldier Ed has served me well so far with 3 x thorn, 2 x persecution and a cosmic (immortality) but he's not good in higher ranking PvP lol

Muzzleloader
01-12-2020, 12:30 AM
Two persecution doesnt give the set effect. If you are going to use 2 yellows, use immunity or boost so you can get the set effect.

Yup
01-12-2020, 02:07 AM
yeah im struggling to build a good set of talisman combos for all of them to be fair Soldier Ed has served me well so far with 3 x thorn, 2 x persecution and a cosmic (immortality) but he's not good in higher ranking PvP lol

The higher you get in PvP.. the more you need SPECIFIC characters or talisman sets to compete. I actually wouldn't suggest you worry too much about PvP. Until you get characters - especially Eddies, you'll only do so well.

IF I were you.. I'd put resources into another Ed. While Soldier may have served you well.. you're missing out. Soldier and Mummy are by far the weakest of all the Eddies. Even using the default Holy Smoke Eddie can be much better than Soldier.

Madrik
01-12-2020, 09:52 AM
I know it it doesn’t, only used the yellow cus that’s all I had at the time, does hit pretty good tho with 18-22k with bullet trace I’ll just get to what ever level I can as I’m going to need to build up iron coins, trooper flags etc to get better talismans and get soul frags

razgriz
01-13-2020, 07:03 AM
Hi Folks, newbie to the forum.

been playing the game for a few months now and got a fair amount of characters

completed all lord of light up to x and all brave new world dungeons, all campaigns completed up to night city (hard) still some skulls to finish

looking to build up talismans for the following

Soldier Eddie 5* lv100 maxxed skills and 5 x 5* talismans
Wickerman 5* lv100 maxxed skills
Killer Beast 5* lv100
Storm Eddie 5* lv97
Viking Eddie 5* lv83
Lady Azov 5* lv61
Angel of pain 5* lv96 (magus)
Angel of strife 5* lv77 (sentinel)
Werewolf 5* lv21 (magus)

any help on known good configs for damage/defence for pvp/gauntlet be greatly appreciated as currently can only get to acolyte 1 in arena and grade c in gauntlet before i get my arse royally kicked lol

ta muchly

rich-2335

hey rich, i would move those 4-5* assassin talismans on crusader ed to killerP or ladyA, that and upgrade some other full set assassin talis (assassin/nightmare/immortality are the easy ones for u to get) for both of them that u currently have that are at least 3* till u can get some of the upper 4+ talisman sets, forge/labyrinth/reaper/starfire are some but will likely be events for most; labyrinth u get from labyrinth dungeon; for

angel of pain there's the destiny talisman u can get with trooper badges: that will help till u can get some of the others like singularity/alchemy (can get some of this now for sacrifice event)/celestial; then use a sustaining or grail set for the 1 green till u get a cosmic tali and a magus 5 set tali

Madrik
01-13-2020, 05:24 PM
hey rich, i would move those 4-5* assassin talismans on crusader ed to killerP or ladyA, that and upgrade some other full set assassin talis (assassin/nightmare/immortality are the easy ones for u to get) for both of them that u currently have that are at least 3* till u can get some of the upper 4+ talisman sets, forge/labyrinth/reaper/starfire are some but will likely be events for most; labyrinth u get from labyrinth dungeon; for

angel of pain there's the destiny talisman u can get with trooper badges: that will help till u can get some of the others like singularity/alchemy (can get some of this now for sacrifice event)/celestial; then use a sustaining or grail set for the 1 green till u get a cosmic tali and a magus 5 set tali

Thanks buddy I’ll sort some builds tonight once the kids are in bed, I’ll add you as a trooper if that’s ok with you

Just got some evo material and a future talisman in skull quest so can upgrade some talismans now lol

razgriz
01-14-2020, 11:08 AM
np on the trooper front, just cleared a spot for u

Madrik
01-14-2020, 01:38 PM
np on the trooper front, just cleared a spot for u

Just added you buddy

razgriz
01-18-2020, 09:11 AM
hey rich was wondering if you've had better results all around since moving talismans around and upgrading some?

Madrik
01-21-2020, 09:08 AM
Raz, hell yeah since my post I’ve won clairvoyant and mystic eddie, All characters that I put the assassin tali’s on are much much better, hitting harder taking less damage so all round a lot happier. Magus werewolf is a beast lol, Mystic is a strong one hardly takes any damage haven’t started sharding him yet but I out fortune and a cosmic t2 mr boost on him and he’s doing good, Clair has been sharded and running with guard and endure tali’s and has made a massive difference in the arena jumped up to duelist 1. I’m getting attacked and winning so once I’ve sharded mystic I should be much stronger. I’ve started to keep all ironite so I can get better tali’s. So pretty happy so far.

Madrik
01-21-2020, 09:30 AM
For some reason I can’t upload screen shots from my phone so can’t show you what I’ve done lol

razgriz
01-22-2020, 08:53 AM
nice and congrats on new rankings; and yeah i have problems trying to post most things on here due to size and that im using my phone. loved mystic when i got him 1st time especially his power move that gave everyone ascension.

Madrik
01-22-2020, 09:31 AM
Yeah he’s great, love the fact how he inflicts doom and triggers it for certain death, I’m stuck in night city level can’t get passed banshee on hard as my other toons ain’t strong enough lol keep having to run bnw to get evo material drop rates are shocking. Done 300 runs yesterday and only got 12 2* evo runes but I’ll keep going till they are all 5* tali’s on every toon

scott-5496
01-22-2020, 10:05 AM
You are doing well Madrik - keep at it the way you are and ask questions - it saves time and effort to think out stuff yourself and if you are not sure ask on here.

Soldier is a great Eddie for PVE and for getting certain skulls and level achievements - I used him a lot for that. Not so good now for me but he was a big help early on as was Pharaoh. You will add to your roster a lot at your level and each new Eddie can be a help - Seventh Son can be really good too - so keep checking stuff out but defo get your talismans strong and linked if you can (make sure sets match as best that can and only use full sets for the effects) so that you are maxing your character potential.

I have often found help on here is really useful but also not everyone has the same playing style so different Eddies work better for some than others. I strong Eddie for one is not for another because their play style is different and the team allies are different so you need to use them and try them with different set ups....also play the arena to see what teams there are out there. If you play teams where you have the characters you can try to use elements of that team to improve yours. Same with the test your own team function - that to me was one of the best additions to the game that no one really talks much about but I use a fair bit. Use that to test different set ups and talisman combinations and once you get a strong defence team build up an attack team to defeat it (always bearing in mind any meta that is on the go at that time), then set up a dual def/attack team which has both attributes - well that is how I use it anyway. One thing it can show you is how your defence works in the arena - run auto battles vs your team and see where it gets kicked the most and toughen it up if you can.

Best of luck going forward.

Up the Irons!

Madrik
01-22-2020, 07:06 PM
Thanks for those words Scott, just picked up the new Caria (gun into battle) toon and the light talisman set but no good for her as no attack so will have to play around with that to blend atk and magic. But arena team is working great wooped a couple of lv100 teams this morning thanks to magus werewolf’s passive. Storing up all my Tribute, IC, Trooper Badges and Ironite so buy better talisman sets. It’s a big learning curve for sure but at least I’m enjoying this game. Helps when your a big maiden fan lol

Muzzleloader
01-22-2020, 07:40 PM
The game is one of resource management. Be careful on how you spend it. Try to have a plan, if you spend it on a whim you usually lose out in the end.

razgriz
01-23-2020, 01:29 AM
when u get a chance check out this link if u haven't already, its a guide azagthor made of whats in each BnW type/wave and what various teams that people have posted of what works for them in each kind of BnW along with times and talis

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12776-BRAVE-NEW-WORLD-Quick-Reference-Guide

Madrik
01-23-2020, 04:52 PM
Sweet thanks Raz, I’ll check that out later on, been running lol To earn something frags but didn’t get as lucky this time but managed to snag another Caria, hoarding souls now for next sac event