PDA

View Full Version : Forbidden Alchemy (Sacrifice) - Trade Forbidden Fragments for Alchemist Awakening Ma

Leviathan
01-13-2020, 12:21 AM

Sacrifice for rare rewards!

From now until January 19th at 4PM PT, earn bonuses from each tier of Sacrifice, in addition to normal sacrifice rewards:

Tier I sacrifices have a bonus of 1 Forbidden Soul Fragment
Tier II sacrifices have a bonus of 3 Forbidden Soul Fragments
Tier III sacrifices have a bonus of 6 Forbidden Soul Fragments
Tier IV sacrifices have a bonus of 12 Forbidden Soul Fragments
Tier V sacrifices have a bonus of 40 Forbidden Soul Fragments
Tier VI sacrifices have a bonus of 100 Forbidden Soul Fragments
Tier VII sacrifices have a bonus of 200 Forbidden Soul Fragments
Vortexes have a bonus of 500 Forbidden Soul Fragments

Forbidden Soul Fragments are used in store to purchase rare items including Epic Souls, Awakening Fragments, Talisman Souls and the Alchemist’s unique Awakening material - the Occult Awakening Shard!

Purchase this Awakening Shard so you can fully Awaken the Alchemist!

Awakening the Alchemist!

The Alchemist is now fully awakenable.

Delve further into forbidden knowledge and access terrifying power! In his fully Awakened form the Alchemist’s Fury attack transforms into a powerful passive/fury combo that deals true damage to a single target, grants Soul Protect and Immunity to all allies and Disables Labyrinth and Viper Talismans on the target.

The Alchemist will also become immune to Physical Damage and will inflict Passive Disable for 1 turn on each enemy that lacks Silver Effects after every action.

For full details on the Awakening feature head to our Awakening Guide news post!

SPECIAL EVENT ADDITIONS:
Trade Forbidden Fragments, as well as extra Alchemist Fragments, Rare or Common Souls for additional rewards in the Event Store!

During this event the following additions have been made to the store:
Occult Awakening Shard x1 (1250 Forbidden Soul Fragments, 6 per event)
Talisman Soul x1 (750 Forbidden Soul Fragments, 1 per day)
Awakening Soul Fragments x400 (500 Forbidden Soul Fragments, 2 per day)
Epic Soul x1 (250 Forbidden Soul Fragments, 3 per day)
Talisman Key Soul x1 (15 Alchemist Fragments, 3 per event)
Labyrinth Key Soul x1 (15 Alchemist Fragments, 3 per event)
Eternity Key Soul x1 (15 Alchemist Fragments, 3 per event)
Frontier Coins x50 (50 Alchemist Fragments, 3 per event)
3⭐ Alchemy Talisman (Arcane) x1 (25 Alchemist Fragments, 5 per event)
3⭐ Alchemy Talisman (Power) x1 (25 Alchemist Fragments, 5 per event)
3⭐ Alchemy Talisman (Sorcery) x1 (25 Alchemist Fragments, 5 per event)
5⭐ Sacrificial Heart x3 (300 Common Souls, 8 per event)
5⭐ Sacrificial Heart x1 (10 Rare Souls, 5 per event)

Need more essence? Head to the Event Store and pick from 2 Essence Chaser Packs for an extra boost for your next Sacrifice. These packs contain Sacrificial Hearts in addition to Ironite, a bit of Gold, Skill Shards and Rare Souls!

Missing some of the Alchemist’s unique Awakening Material? We have a finisher pack available in store for Ironite.
Grab an additional boost of Forbidden Soul Fragments to trade for more items in the Event Store. This Fragment Mega Pack also contains Talisman Soul Fragments, Frontier Coins, Ironite and more!

Did you know you can double or even triple your rewards for a sacrifice? Doing a sacrifice with a higher amount of essence than the minimum required gives you a chance of getting double rewards based on how much you’ve exceeded the essence requirement.

Yup
01-13-2020, 12:35 AM
So that's 7,500 fragments to get all the materials needed to awaken the alchemist?? Bit steep considering I ust did a tier 7 sac and only got 200 frags. And a vortex fill only yields 500 frags.

So that's 6 vortex fills + 900 ironite...

or...

12 vortex fills

Or spend $$$ on the frags.

Sure ain't doing players any favors.

GrimDusk
01-13-2020, 12:59 AM
That’s a steep price for a few materials.

URock
01-13-2020, 01:04 AM
...and still no blue 3* Evo shards to buy! Damn it! Awakening material are useless for me until I get enough 3* shards. Billions of material but nothing to buy or change them into needed things.
Pls let us buy EVERYTHING! TY!

MuzakMaker
01-13-2020, 01:21 AM
Hey Developers or Customer Support, you have a loop in your game preventing anything from happening. I have both the N Soul over the inventory limit stop and the N Characters over the limit stop. I cannot do ANYTHING in this game anymore. This wouldn't be an issue if we didn't constantly have things added while still having the same inventory size as we did years ago.

Yup
01-13-2020, 01:44 AM
I have enough frags for 4 more Alchemists.. guess I might have to convert those and sacrifice them to hit frag goals for ONE alchemist.

druid138
01-13-2020, 01:49 AM
Hey Developers or Customer Support, you have a loop in your game preventing anything from happening. I have both the N Soul over the inventory limit stop and the N Characters over the limit stop. I cannot do ANYTHING in this game anymore. This wouldn't be an issue if we didn't constantly have things added while still having the same inventory size as we did years ago.

This happens to me occasionally. The only solution I have found is to sell the characters exceeding the inventory limit. Then you should be able to redeem a stack of souls and start clearing things out normally.

MuzakMaker
01-13-2020, 02:06 AM
This happens to me occasionally. The only solution I have found is to sell the characters exceeding the inventory limit. Then you should be able to redeem a stack of souls and start clearing things out normally.

Hasn't let me sell as I still get the Soul Pop-up.

Ezz
01-13-2020, 02:11 AM
So that's 7,500 fragments to get all the materials needed to awaken the alchemist?? Bit steep considering I ust did a tier 7 sac and only got 200 frags. And a vortex fill only yields 500 frags.

So that's 6 vortex fills + 900 ironite...

or...

12 vortex fills

Or spend $$$ on the frags.

Sure ain't doing players any favors.

This does seem a bit egregious. I can’t imagine there is a player out there with enough resources to hit this goal via sacrifices. Probably only a handful can get there including the 3 ironite shards.

namaste
01-13-2020, 03:14 AM
This shit is getting worse each month... Even sacrifice events are no longer any fun. Gone are the days when you can horde all your souls and shards in hope of getting a new toon..... now you have to spend all your gold resources to drop your month long collection of souls just to get a few awakening materials which won’t even be enough to max an already owned toon without spending real money. Sounds like a great investment!

And then there is the arena.".....................

Saigrim
01-13-2020, 04:03 AM
I don’t want to be “that guy”, but I just completed the six purchases via fragments alone. I am a very disciplined hoarder though. Something I’ve mentioned in other posts. I didn’t even get into my legendary or mythical souls. Lots of epics, several stacks of rares, lots of five stars from this past four weeks of events, which included damn near twenty five star hearts. I’ve also finally got around to burning through daily dungeon keys, so I had over a full stack of precious souls. I will also take the time and open all petty souls. Spending in store just screws yourself. Far better rewards sacrificing nine two stars and one three star. Tedious as hell, I know, but worth it in the long run.

It’s been stated many times that resource management is the key. Same goes with all this awakening business. I could awaken a lot more than I have, but unless that character becomes an end all, be all character, I don’t get in a rush. Hell, I don’t have one maxed LoL, but that’s because I hate those characters. Granted, I have maxed Cyborg, Lilith and Lucifer, so I’m not hurting on teams to get things done. And yes, I drop money on the game, but I’m still stingy as hell with any and all resources, and never try to leave myself short in any area.

On that note, it’s been so long since there has been a toon I need in Heroics that I’m sitting on tens of thousands of fragments and stacks of rare, lengendary and mythic souls. They really need to be putting in characters that you can’t get anywhere, like the passive Eddies, instead of the same ol crap you can actually pull from a normal soul. I could probably pull another 7500 frags from those souls alone.

Yup
01-13-2020, 04:04 AM
This does seem a bit egregious. I can’t imagine there is a player out there with enough resources to hit this goal via sacrifices. Probably only a handful can get there including the 3 ironite shards.

I did.. I didn't buy any frags or ironite and didn't spend ironite on anything.......

BUT... get this..

I used every mythical frag I had (which was a lot) to get 5 star characters.. powered them up to level 100 and then used over 300 skill shards on the character I was going to sacrifice. This let me pull a couple 100K+ essence sacrifices/vortex fills which doubled the rewards.....So I got away with 10 vortex fills I think, maybe 9. I just happened to have been sitting on 500+ skill shards with nowhere to use them, and a ton of mythical frags...... skill shards boost sac value for anyone unaware.

I seriously doubt many players will have ~300 skill shards to throw on characters they are sacrificing, assuming they have the characters. Without the skill shards.... I MIGHT have made it eventually.

All this did cost over 15 mil gold as well.

There is a week to complete all 12 vortex fills.. but that still seems very costly to me. It would appear they are specifically setting the occult items out of reach for 99.9% of the player base.

So.. I now have Max Awakened Alchemist.. tried him in PvP.. nope.. not better than what I'm using.. so... yeah... there's that as well.

I am up roughly 1000 ironite from the vortex rewards as well.

Ezz
01-13-2020, 04:11 AM
Well I stand corrected - folks are pulling it off but at an enormous cost. This begs the question is max awakened alchemist worth it? Also - what other characters will need these oxcult shards?

RobG-9641
01-13-2020, 04:18 AM
I was able to get to 7,500 via sacrifice. I converted a lot of class specific regular souls into Precious Souls to get a ton of gold and few 5 star hearts, but the gold offset the cost of event. Dumped a lot of regular heroic souls too. But months of hoarding souls was for a situation like this. I can’t get any new characters from souls, everything is a dupe, so I don’t need to open anything. It was a good opportunity to dump a lot of souls and start saving up again...

Saigrim
01-13-2020, 04:20 AM
Wow, Yup. You didn’t need to do all that, and to be honest, I don’t think I did more than seven full vortex’s. There’s a lot of frags to be gained on the path to a vortex. Most of my sacrifices were ten four star characters which puts you just shy of a level six sacrifice for max rewards. I’ve never used skills shards for sacrificing either. Even though I too have over 500 of the damn things. When I want a level seven sacrifice, I just level up four five star characters and the rest are unleveled four star, and maybe a heart if needed to push it over.

Saigrim
01-13-2020, 04:24 AM
Well I stand corrected - folks are pulling it off but at an enormous cost. This begs the question is max awakened alchemist worth it? Also - what other characters will need these oxcult shards?

Probably none, which means they’ll probably sit in my inventory. Not a big Alchemist user, but should he all of the sudden become the Golden Child, I’ll be ready.

Yup
01-13-2020, 04:24 AM
Well 4 5stars with skill shards is a tier 7. :) I am not a fan of the tedium in the smaller tier sacs. Hate spending 3-4 hrs doing that :).

Skill shards were just sitting there anyway.. I still have over 200... and they'll build up again before I need any. :).

I do have enough Alchemist frags for 4 more of them... but I just can't see awakening more than one... heck even using more than 1 at a time is a stretch. And, well, .. picked up another alchemy talisman set and talisman keys.. so that's good.

Muzzleloader
01-13-2020, 04:26 AM
I could drop enough souls to earn all the frags needed, but I dont have enough awakening materials to level to 5*. I still need to awaken the little fellow and cyborg. I am hoping that the occult shards will be available in awakening souls. It's hard to determine what to fully awaken, especially since prisoner and horus are coming along with who know what else.

They just keep amping up the arms race with no end in sight. Maybe be we will see a full disarmament somevmaddening day.

Yup
01-13-2020, 04:30 AM
I did pick up one of the Beast awaking things somewhere.. so I had 7... it MUST have come from an awakening soul.

fred10141988
01-13-2020, 04:37 AM
Will "Occult Awakening Shard" be put in "Awakening soul" in the future?

Muzzleloader
01-13-2020, 04:41 AM
We dont know. I have pulled, cyborg and beast mats from awakening souls. So possibly they will. Since we will probably need new shards for prisoner and horus it may just become as confusing as the cosmic evo material have become.

Dont count on anything until it happens.

Nicko
01-13-2020, 05:00 AM

Answering this would be the stand up thing for the developers to do.

Are we sacrificing like crazy to simply be the first to awaken the Alchemist - or will this be the only way to do it for a a good long while?

I’ll add I have received Norse awakening frags (for Thor Eddie) from awakening souls - and he’s not even here yet! (short of making Eternal one week in PvP)

Phoenix-7282
01-13-2020, 05:57 AM
I’ll add I have received Norse awakening frags (for Thor Eddie) from awakening souls - and he’s not even here yet! (short of making Eternal one week in PvP)
Same here. I have 5 of them but don't have enough 1 star and 4 star awakening shards!

Cefiar
01-13-2020, 06:06 AM
So, not directly related to this:

When will we be able to convert Snow fragments into Precious fragments?

I have a bucket load of these I want to convert, which I will then use as Sacrifice material for this event.

I believe we were supposed to be able to convert them when this event went live?

Yup
01-13-2020, 06:23 AM
I believe we were supposed to be able to convert them when this event went live?

More troubling is the store is still selling snow frags for $20.... kind of think that should be removed if the frags now = snowmen.

Azagthor
01-13-2020, 07:09 AM
This doesn't seem like a terribly good sacrifice event, unless you reaaaalllly want those alchemist awakening materials. My inventory is pretty clogged up with sac hearts and 4* dupes, so I should finally be able to get my first Alchemist character :P

What happens when you convert and open a Forbidden Soul? Guessing they just return the fragments?

satani
01-13-2020, 09:45 AM
well, i like those sacrifice events. Comes just in time. I have enough 5 star hearts and 4 star dupes left to fill the vortex a few times.

I don't rush yet for the alchemist, my next goal is maximizing the moon child (5 star plus will be makeable, for max. awakening i'm missing 2/5 of those telescopes)
the new passive of the nomad seems interesting and i like the fact, that every month (or so) a new awakenable character comes.

speaking of awakening, i went through my materials and found the following:
The materials seem to be themed:
there's wicker awakening materials (currently i guess only for the raven witch and the 3 cultists available in the specific dungeons), later i quess things like the wicker dog/queen and the wicker man / wicker man eddie will follow.
shinobi material (currently only for the cosmic shinobi), later inclusions i would assume are the other shinobis, musashi and the samurai and oni eddies?
beast material (currently only for the beast), i guess wrath, beelzebub, notb eddie, beast eddie will be included here sometime?
cyborg material (currently only for the cyborg and stranger ed), what other characters are based on the "somewhere in time" theme?
and the 7th son awakening material (which is currently only for the moon child), later inclusions may include other characters based on the 7th son ablum - like 7th son eddie, iron eddie?, clairvoyant?.

haven't started sacrificing yet. will do this afternoon.

dragonmat89
01-13-2020, 10:17 AM
I think I'm just going to use my frags to buy Awakening souls instead of aiming for the Alchemist materials that I probably won't quite reach (done 3 vortexes so far with a pile of epics and mythicals in backup but unlikely to be enough for another 6 vortexes). Max awakening the Alchemist isn't on my immediate list of tasks so the other Awakening materials I'd get are more useful at the moment and chances are I'll end up randomly getting some Alchemist awakening material by the time I want it anyway as it's bound to be available from Awakening souls eventually (meaning the pool will start diluting, as with everything else).

Ip4
01-13-2020, 10:42 AM
We dont know. I have pulled, cyborg and beast mats from awakening souls. So possibly they will. Since we will probably need new shards for prisoner and horus it may just become as confusing as the cosmic evo material have become.

Dont count on anything until it happens.
Where you heard about awakening prisoner?

Azagthor
01-13-2020, 11:04 AM
Where you heard about awakening prisoner?

Was mentioned in this Update. No details yet, just that it'll happen in 2020.
https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12822-Updates-from-the-News-Frontier-December-12th-2019

Kaz_LOTB
01-13-2020, 01:56 PM

Yes. All awakening materials will eventually be available via the awakening souls.

-Kaz

Maiden
01-13-2020, 02:10 PM
Those are good news, thks Kaz!

Nicko
01-13-2020, 03:21 PM
Yes. All awakening materials will eventually be available via the awakening souls.

-Kaz

Thanks Kaz!

Beddie
01-13-2020, 03:45 PM

-Kaz

Thanks for confirming

scott-5496
01-13-2020, 04:24 PM
We are likely to see them in a dungeon too I would guess or some other event?

Either way I will see what I can get on this event but not going all in on it.....my feeling and hope is that they do a cool Valentines Day sac event with purple hearts as they did last time. That was a good event If I remember.

Volrath
01-13-2020, 05:02 PM
This is one of those situations where I had to stop and ask myself:

-Do I really need six of those max Alchemist awakening shards right NOW?
-When am I even going to be in a position to do the last awakening on the Alchemist? (Seeing as I've only done one with him so far cause I can't hold on to those damn one-star awakening shards. Three SOT refills and I get like five. Plus I'm saving ten for Horus)

We can all get sucked into the "I gotta have it now!" mentality but sometimes it helps to step back. Plus there's some other goodies you can get for those frags that are nice.

Ip4
01-13-2020, 05:06 PM
fuck alchemist and his shards,i wll save every fragments from sacrifice to buy awakening soul fragments from store...

Lthepostman
01-13-2020, 05:53 PM
I got 5 with sacrifices and bought the last one with ironite cause I started running out of gold. This event surely isn't for the average player... Honestly after reading that the alchemist awakening materials will be available with awakening souls I felt stupid cause I know I will end up piling useless dupes in the future. It's too late anyway 😅

URock
01-13-2020, 06:13 PM
Higher awakenable Levels are just around the corner, so...

...SAFE YOUR CANDIES!

Deano82
01-13-2020, 06:47 PM
Fuck alchemist and his shards seperately, I'm gona save up these items until better awakenable toons arrive

Highace
01-13-2020, 09:52 PM
January events just seem to keep on being lackluster this year. This sac is no exception. There really isn't much good to get for those frags, aside from some extra awakening frags. I still got the awakening mats just in case but from what I've seen so far, maxing Alchemist isn't really worthwhile. Hopefully the Valentines day sac will be awesome like it was last year. And hopefully, both the endless sac loop and reducing sac tier bugs will be fixed by that point, getting sick of those.

And on another note, is it just me or have the droprates of ironite from vortexes been significantly lowered? I used to be able to get at least 100 from each vortex but this sac, I've only got it like twice from 7 vortexes. Same has been the case in a few previous ones.

Ydex
01-13-2020, 09:56 PM
I think I ended up with about 4-500 Ironite after all the vortexes to get the Alchemist frags.

Muzzleloader
01-13-2020, 10:06 PM
It seems to be random on vortex ironite drops, some get them almost every round. I did four vortexes no ironite dropped at all. Out of 300K essence only 40 ironite excluding the challenge rewards.

Ydex
01-13-2020, 10:08 PM
I forgot there were even event achievements. Maybe that's where it came from.

Yup
01-13-2020, 10:57 PM
I was up 1K ironite after finishing the sacrificing and getting the 6th occult item. I can't say how many vortex fills or jsut general sacrifices I performed. Some with tier 6.. a few tier 4... One or two were 100,000+ essence vortex fills, doubling the rewards.

edsel
01-13-2020, 11:25 PM
I was up 1K ironite after finishing the sacrificing and getting the 6th occult item. I can't say how many vortex fills or jsut general sacrifices I performed. Some with tier 6.. a few tier 4... One or two were 100,000+ essence vortex fills, doubling the rewards.

A blur for me also. Spent 60mil gold opening souls and final awakening. 2 double tier VII, I remember those. Too bad his passive isn't instant disable first round like Prisoner. Then he would kick Moons nuts and actually be worth the HUGE cost

Bakura
01-14-2020, 10:42 PM
Well, considering Alchemist final awakening shards are more quantity required and more expensive, I ended up with 3.
I'm counting on getting the remainder from events, dungeons, or awakening souls. I have more pressing toons to finish awakening.... trying not to get too side tracked. You gotta stay focused or you can end up w/ a bunch of half awakened toons.

Regarding the discussion on upcoming awakenable toons and the wise spending of resources, I'm going to post Durandal's info on awakening requirements below.

(One day you'll be able to look back and tell your grandkids about the time when only a handful of toons were awakenable.... cuz it looks like it will become the norm for future toons.)

Lthepostman
01-16-2020, 11:29 AM
Just wanna let you all know that alchemist unique material already drops from awakening souls. I opened 10 today and got 2 alchemy shards

scott-5496
01-16-2020, 11:55 AM
Just wanna let you all know that alchemist unique material already drops from awakening souls. I opened 10 today and got 2 alchemy shards

That is very useful to know, thanks for that info.

ritchbe
01-16-2020, 03:44 PM

I just pulled 0 from 16 awakening souls.