PDA

View Full Version : Musashi and his T3 are literally just another Beast Warlord+Lantern situation

GrimDusk
02-07-2020, 01:55 AM
I am currently fighting a defense team in arena against a musashi with his T3 and labs, and he is attacking infinitely. Can anyone possibly explain why you would make a character immune to negative effects and give him the ability to attack for eternity?

Edit: this has been going on for at least 10 minutes now. This has to be a bug, right? Surely this isn't intentional.

Edit 2: It has officially run out the arena timer, but Musashi is still attacking. You cannot even draw against this.

Durandal_LOTB
02-07-2020, 02:30 AM
I'll have to find an opportunity to try an re-create this on my device for review. Thankfully, this might not be as burdensome by comparison as I figure this is more easily countered than the very limited options that were available against The Beast. There are many effects and abilities that can prevent regular negative effects from being applied, but it would still be good to know how similar this combo really feels in practice.

GrimDusk
02-07-2020, 02:32 AM
Thank you Durandal. I noticed another bug related to Max Dark Lilith but I'm not sure why it occurs yet; her passive sometimes gets entirely ignored by Wrathchild. He just revives teammates anyway.

Durandal_LOTB
02-07-2020, 02:46 AM
Noted. I'm going to run out of sticky notes at this rate, haha.

Will run Wrathchild through some tests against Dark Lilith as well.

Thank you for the heads-up!

GrimDusk
02-07-2020, 02:57 AM
Honestly, one central post where people can submit bugs may be easier than this. Thank you again for the quick reply.

scimitar
02-07-2020, 08:17 AM
Wrathchild.
If Valhalla is on him, he resurrects allies both when he kills and when he dies.
It should also be clarified: not all attacks are perfect, only the first ones. Additional moves are gone.

Discordian
02-07-2020, 09:12 AM
Both Wrathchild/Valhalla and anybody with Past talis can revive regardless of having Dark Lilith without passive disable in play.

This makes no sense, the whole point of Dark Lilith maxed is to stop anybody from reviving, for any reason...

Horus-2545
02-07-2020, 02:04 PM
Oh I get the game now. One mega bug after another. This is how it is supposed to work! I noticed the Musashi bug last night. I was attacked more than 20 times straight 8-10 times in one battle. I lost count because I put it on autoplay. My whole team was alive but I lost to a musashi with the T3 and labyrinth. So now everyone is going to put musashi on their defense team with those talisman right? Just wanted to check with everyone. And the developers know this right? They must have put the most common talisman on him right to ops check? So they know about the problem but are letting us experience the sheer joy of LOTB arena for awhile. These are bugs, but we’ve all accepted this as normal and fine evidently.

real_schweiger
02-07-2020, 07:20 PM
Yes, this is annoying. My enemie´s Musashi went on fighting though the timeout of battle had reached 5 minutes before. So, as far as I can visit teams with beast by now, I will avoid teams with Musashi. I dont know why, but those Musashi teams lose againt my defence, but as I start a rematch it comes to that never ending loop. So, let´s enjoy this one until another superhero bug-toon comes your way

Maiden
02-07-2020, 08:25 PM
Honestly, one central post where people can submit bugs may be easier than this. Thank you again for the quick reply.

I created this Post https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12734-Compendium-of-Bugged-Chars-Talismans for that reason, but it got diluted with the time... Maybe a better idea is to create a monthly post with the most updated bugs instead of editing the same one...

Ip4
02-07-2020, 09:07 PM
this devs really know how to destroy the game,i will skip pvp battles for few weeks,just want to know what brain makes sense of things like this?

Ydex
02-08-2020, 08:31 AM
Okay, Mushashi is WAY WORSE than Beast/Lantern. I never saw the Beast do truly infinite attacks. Right now I've got a whole team at full health in the arena, the last man standing on the opposition is Mushashi and he can't hurt me, therefore I will never die, therefore he will never stop.

How the #@$#&* did this character get released with the bare minimum testing it would have taken to reveal this sequence of events?

eta: the Draw timer ran out with my whole team alive at full health, and it gave me a DEFEAT. What the actual fuck?

Killer-Frost
02-08-2020, 08:49 AM
I find it worse with a maxed cyborg Eddie. Both Musashi and cyborg Eddie just infinitely giving each other extra turns, so the enemy’s turn technically never runs out. Hope to see a fix for this soon

Maiden
02-08-2020, 09:07 AM
eta: the Draw timer ran out with my whole team alive at full health, and it gave me a DEFEAT. What the actual fuck?

haha it just happened the same to me.. I don´t understand how haha I just laugh instead of crying xD

I find it worse with a maxed cyborg Eddie. Both Musashi and cyborg Eddie just infinitely giving each other extra turns, so the enemy’s turn technically never runs out. Hope to see a fix for this soon

Also THIS musashi+cyborg thing its everywhere in arena now

Killer-Frost
02-08-2020, 11:08 AM
One of the many reasons I don’t do arena. I finally thought this time I had a good thing going with the team that I came up with. Then some time consuming loop hole type shit like this shows up lol

osiris0000
02-08-2020, 12:18 PM
If you ask me, absolute worst thing at arena is KILLER now. His passive disable overrides everything possible in the game. That even includes disabling talisman effects. For example, Musashi Cosmic gives immunity to all negative effects except passive disable for himself. If you go against Killer with Musashi wearing his cosmic, Musashi starts with load of negative effects including both silver and red ones.

scimitar
02-08-2020, 01:17 PM
disable passive Musashi also does not come out. Cannot marks

Maiden
02-08-2020, 04:35 PM
If you ask me, absolute worst thing at arena is KILLER now. His passive disable overrides everything possible in the game. That even includes disabling talisman effects. For example, Musashi Cosmic gives immunity to all negative effects except passive disable for himself. If you go against Killer with Musashi wearing his cosmic, Musashi starts with load of negative effects including both silver and red ones.

Maybe we all can agree that the most popular team:

Cyborg Ed
Killer
Wrathchild (Valhalla) or Musashi
Moonchild

its kinda "buggy"... Killer overriding everything, Wrathchild being able to use his PM against a team with moonchild and reviving whenever he please to do it xD and now Mushashi "the heir of the forever-turns-beast"

And cyborg isn't buggy, but sometimes it's just impossible to kill... btw looks like crave effect isn´t doing too much dmg on healing chars... dunno..

GrimDusk
02-08-2020, 05:34 PM
The new thing I'm starting to see is G. Pharaoh Dog King and S. Christmas Ghost, because they have singularities and their block features do not work properly in tandem, causing them both to become immune at half hp.

Killer-Frost
02-08-2020, 05:40 PM
I saw someone cleverly use ghost of Christmas present with Magnus lilith, alchemy tals on dark Clair, and celtic tals on oni. Impossible to override unless you have a way to mark enough to kill them or if you have a maxed prisoner to deal with singularity. Or a maxed Horus. Which I now think that I could have beaten if I had remembered that detail ��

ritchbe
02-08-2020, 08:44 PM
Real class in using broken Musashi to all those that are using it 😗

Oh... it's not the Beast w Lanterns so I guess it's okay 🤣

Fix will come and we'll all survive to fight another day 🤘

My greater concern is that they don't overdo it with paid-only cosmics and make it a pay-to-win kind of game... Serenity, Mark.... 🛑

Muzzleloader
02-08-2020, 09:00 PM
It is already a pay to win game. Its becoming a pay to compete game. Buy the goodies or be left behind.

ElvisIsDead
02-08-2020, 09:12 PM
This is truly astonishing. Do you think they do it on purpose just to wind us up? Hard to believe they could keep getting it so wrong unintentionally.

purplepeople
02-08-2020, 10:29 PM
The new Musashi T3 combines everything people hated about Beast + Lanterns with everything people hated about Moonchild + Labyrinths and Vampire Cosmic. It's mind-numbingly frustrating.

Ydex
02-08-2020, 11:09 PM
I thought Mushashi cold only infinite-attack when he was the LAST one standing.
Nope, he can do it when two characters are left. In this case-- Mushashi/Lab/T3 and Moonchild-Lab/Vamp :mad:

Highace
02-09-2020, 01:16 AM
I just started up arena this reset...and already want to quit. My entire team got slaughtered by a goddamn lone Musashi with Labs/T3. Total bullshit. I'm among those who invest their money in this game but I won't spend a penny until this is patched out. Devs, please, for the love of God, try to be a bit more competent when it comes to checking whether or not all these new characters and talismans properly work.

Mario.Ahner
02-09-2020, 09:13 AM
@NF (I cannot say devs, NF has no real devs, saying NF has devs is an insult to all real devs) get some yellow pages and call someone that has a clue in programming technics. Then call someone that knows how to test stuff.

Horus-2545
02-09-2020, 04:22 PM
I thought about the motto, “if you can’t beat ‘me, join ‘me” and wavered. The problem now is that attacking with musashi results in victories because the bug comes later (after defense in vulnerabilities have expired), so there is more of a rationale to use him in defense, even if it screws the game. He can be beat on defense though.

Horus-2545
02-09-2020, 04:54 PM
Is Lilith’s anti-revive supposed to still work after she is dead or is that another bug in the game?

Stormseye
02-10-2020, 04:13 PM
What is truly glaring about this bug is that now we have definitive proof that the AI boost exists since the chance for Musashi to gain an extra turn is only 35% per action and only if Ignite OR Smite are present. As many have experienced this extra turn is granted on every single attack meaning the boost to accuracy on the AI side is upwards of 65%

The only other factor would be to consider that if multiple opponents have smite/Ignite then the T3 talisman is adding 35% for every instance of smite/Ignite but I have video showing only one of my full team has smite/Ignite and Musashi is continuing attacks.

Muzzleloader
02-10-2020, 05:41 PM
Since they have not commented directly on the continuous Musashi attacks, they may not have been able to reproduce this phenomenon. It must be a strange world where in the real life game all these bugs appear and they are not able to reproduce them in the studio.

If they would just admit the actual problem exists it would go along way with the player base. Silence does not make the problem go away. I know it may not be simple to fix the issues Immediately, but acknowledging the problem exist would be appreciated.

Yup
02-10-2020, 06:25 PM
definitive proof that the AI boost exists

.. there was doubt?

:)

Stormseye
02-10-2020, 06:59 PM
.. there was doubt?

:)

I knew this would make you laugh!

Zugzwang
02-17-2020, 01:47 AM
This is truly astonishing. Do you think they do it on purpose just to wind us up? Hard to believe they could keep getting it so wrong unintentionally.

Yes they do it to wind us up. And we pay them to do it. I’m looking at other games. Not because of arena but because i don’t play that. But I play gaunflet and it happens there too. That was the last thing that interested me. Clans was released in what? October? and all it is is another store. You can even buy ironite to spend there. But that’s it. Stupid. ) months later and nothing new except the Christmas dungeon which will become a key dungeon like the Halloween one where you can earn VHE or Scrooge. Or just buy them for cash. Maybe by next October there will actually be something new. Boring

GrimDusk
02-18-2020, 12:57 AM
No updates on this yet so I’m going to ask again; have you guys made any progress on fixing this bug?

Zugzwang
02-18-2020, 01:28 AM
No updates on this yet so I’m going to ask again; have you guys made any progress on fixing this bug?

Progress on fixing it? They haven’t even acknowledged it’s a bug yet. Didn’t they say it had more counters than the beast/lantern bug? Like being moonchild? Any toon that can have smite or ignite applied at any point (such as after immunity being removed) grants Musahsi infinite extra turns. And that was by design? Ok so change it as being overpowered or whatever terminology besides a bug. Doesn’t matter. It ruins Gauntlet & Arena.

Olevipoeg
02-18-2020, 09:08 AM
Progress on fixing it? They haven’t even acknowledged it’s a bug yet. Didn’t they say it had more counters than the beast/lantern bug? Like being moonchild? Any toon that can have smite or ignite applied at any point (such as after immunity being removed) grants Musahsi infinite extra turns. And that was by design? Ok so change it as being overpowered or whatever terminology besides a bug. Doesn’t matter. It ruins Gauntlet & Arena.
It has counters but it is hard to use those counters when other problems needs solving too. And in gauntlet you are running out of counters in some point. And it makes Arena battles long and tedious.

Brickster
02-18-2020, 09:23 AM
It has counters but it is hard to use those counters when other problems needs solving too. And in gauntlet you are running out of counters in some point. And it makes Arena battles long and tedious.

Or it makes arena battles so that you have to force quit your game, because your lone Musashi attacks endlessly against a lone Sacred/Serenity/Cosmic Max Cyborg without being able to lower his hp. Same problem against a BHE with the same talisman comp. I even had this happen against a lone Assassin Werewolf with Forges. It healed more than I could damage it when it had low hp.
Devs HAVE to implement a turn limit.

Esquatcho
02-18-2020, 11:33 AM
Or it makes arena battles so that you have to force quit your game, because your lone Musashi attacks endlessly against a lone Sacred/Serenity/Cosmic Max Cyborg without being able to lower his hp. Same problem against a BHE with the same talisman comp. I even had this happen against a lone Assassin Werewolf with Forges. It healed more than I could damage it when it had low hp.
Devs HAVE to implement a turn limit.

For beast they said there was a turn limit, just a bug meant that it didnt observe it. Clearly its the same situation here. By rights they should nerf musashi as badly as beast...

Though in an ideal world beast would go back to 'normal' and instead the turn limit is observed!!!

Stormseye
02-18-2020, 04:15 PM
I don't have much of an issue with Musashi as long as you kill him first. On rare occasion I will accidentally kill the allies first and get stuck in the loop but my bigger issue is the blatant AI boost and the fact that AI Musashi always attacks an ally that can have negative effects on them.

In the below video you can see Moonchild constantly stunning Cyborg despite his 35% chance to stun in addition you see Moonchild granting extra turns constantly. Again any player who uses an ally that grants an ability "up to x allies" rarely sees better than 0-1 allies affected. With the AI Boost it averages 1-3 allies.

As I have stated many times already, the easiest fix for Musashi would be to change the T3 script from "any" enemy to "target" enemy with regard to having Ignite/Smite. During testing I also noticed that this trigger chance occurs last in order of operations for Musashi as he attacked my ally with Grail and if they trigger cleanse before Musashi finishes his turn then he is not allowed extra turns because no other ally had smite/ignite. This is by no means a workaround but it does give insight as to when the check for extra turn chance happens.

Also in the video the reason I cannot use power/fury is because I had already killed Moonchild and Killer once and had only Cyborg and Musashi left then with 30% health AI Cyborg revived Moonchild and Killer so the Moonchild Passive kicked in again and prevented me from using power/fury for 7 more turns. I did not get this on video though so it is only listed as reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwvJBkQc0MY