PDA

View Full Version : What to do with rare souls?

Bartman9999
02-19-2020, 10:52 PM
Have a pile of rare souls, around 500. Not sure what to do with those, they've been sitting on the book of souls unopened for a while.

Opening 99 rare souls cost almost 2.5M gold; i already have all 4*-3* possible reward toons, and almost all 5* (except domino and dracula). Chances of a 5* are 1%, and hitting the toons I'm missing would be less than 0.1%.

If rewards for sacrifice were awakening materials (or awakening soul fragments), perhaps I'll consider opening these souls. Otherwise, I believe I'm dumping gold every time I'm opening 99 souls. Then you get epic fragments and souls: more gold dumped.
What do you guys normally do? let them pile up? or do you believe that sacrifice rewards compensate the gold lost?

Esquatcho
02-21-2020, 12:28 AM
I have dumped them before, but only if I really want to build up my mythical stockpile.... and I have a lot of gold hanging around (which is almost never these days since awakening!).

So I let them stockpile. If there comes a sacrifice event that is good, Ill probably turn them into 5* hearts then...

Yup
02-21-2020, 02:24 AM
I spend the 50 they sometimes allow in the store for event items (wish they'd remove those limits for souls as currency).... and then I dump them when a new character is in the souls. For example, when Domino and Scream Eddie were released I have about 400 Rare souls. Dumped them all.. picked up Scream Ed and 2 Dominos. Much cheaper to spend the 10Mil gold than spend a week grinding an event. But.. the new characters have to be in the souls.. they often are NOT for a while.

I'll also dump them during sac events for fodder.

Otherwise they simply pile up.

R1ck
02-21-2020, 03:12 AM
If they don't allow us to get more gold, all kind of souls will keep on stocking, I have 1000 rare souls and many piles from other kind of souls, but don't have the gold to open them. Also they don't create a good sacrifice event to encourage people to use their souls.

Wanderer
02-21-2020, 07:44 AM
Well, once per month you can exchange them for skill shards. Personally, I save them to generate epic souls, and epic souls generate mythic souls, but that's just me, I still lack a lot of 5* toons.

Yup
02-21-2020, 08:17 PM
Gold seems to build rather quickly if you aren't spending it on awakening characters

One good way to get gold (and ironite) is to run a mega-refill of SOT and ONLY play Daily and weekly keys. You'll make back the ironite the refill cost you plus more.. and each run in the daily/weekly dungeon gives around 80K+ gold.

In the last 2 days I've done nothing but drop a mega-refill then burn daily keys... I'm up over 700 ironite from where I started and 30Mil gold. -- I think around 12 keys used... I did run a few weekly keys as well.

Madrik
02-21-2020, 11:04 PM
shit me ive got like 30 odd daily keys to use up lol

Muzzleloader
02-21-2020, 11:11 PM
When you use them let us know of your rewards. I average between 10-20 ironite per daily key along with other rewards.

R1ck
02-21-2020, 11:18 PM
Last time I played 3 rare gold souls got no ironite and spend some on refills. Devs always change things that are good for players, like they did with frozen dungeon, have like 30 keys that won't use in long time if ever.

Muzzleloader
02-21-2020, 11:31 PM
R1ck, I found that you may need to run several keys to break even or even gain ironite. If you run a dozen or so you will gain ironite. It just sucks if you get in a streak with no ironite while buying refills. The weekly keys seem to have better ironite drop rates and quantities while costing more SoT each run.

The keys are definetly worth running for the gold and other rewards.

Madrik
02-22-2020, 12:04 AM
just used 6 keys and got 25 ironite, 83k gold, 1 shill shard and 25 legendary frags per key

Madrik
02-22-2020, 12:05 AM
oh and around 100 sands of time if you add it all up

Yup
02-22-2020, 04:17 AM
While the drops aren't any way standard or the same every time... I find those rewards for 6 keys hard to believe, unless your'e running the easier daily dungeons.

Running Madness (or insanity whatever the 30per run is) when it drops ironite, it drops it in 25. While it won't drop that every time, in 6 keys - 18 runs you certainly should have made back at least 100 ironite. When lucky you'll make back 175-200 ironite. The WORST I've ever done was to come out down 25 ironite.. meaning I made back 125 and the mega refill only ended up costing 25.

The Weekly Madness dungeon drops ironite in batches of 50. So you can make up a lot there as well.

Azagthor
02-22-2020, 06:55 AM
You might have got something mixed up there Madrik, those are the gold and ironite numbers you'll see in the reward screen from the Daily Dungeon, but the 25 Legendary Frags only drops in the Weekly dungeon.

It's not ready to be published yet, but I've been working on a guide for the Daily/Weekly dungeons and have recorded the rewards from hundreds of runs. Pretty confident in the numbers so far. For the Daily Dungeon (Madness) each run will drop either 75k Gold OR 25 Ironite, with a 2:1 ratio. This doesn't mean you'll always get 25 Ironite back from each key, as RNG will be RNG, but over multiple keys that's what you'll end up finding. It's why people suggest running 10 keys at once, to smooth out the RNG, and make sure you come out on top.

The ratio is much the same in the Weekly Dungeon, but with 100k Gold and 50 Ironite drops. Save up a bunch of those to run at once, or while you're also running a pile of Daily Keys.

Lthepostman
02-22-2020, 12:43 PM
I hope to see another "soul trade" event in the future. I can't even remember when the last one was, but who knows devs might decide to replicate it sometime in the future and then the hundreads of souls we spared might have a real purpose.

Madrik
02-22-2020, 10:56 PM
You might have got something mixed up there Madrik, those are the gold and ironite numbers you'll see in the reward screen from the Daily Dungeon, but the 25 Legendary Frags only drops in the Weekly dungeon.

It's not ready to be published yet, but I've been working on a guide for the Daily/Weekly dungeons and have recorded the rewards from hundreds of runs. Pretty confident in the numbers so far. For the Daily Dungeon (Madness) each run will drop either 75k Gold OR 25 Ironite, with a 2:1 ratio. This doesn't mean you'll always get 25 Ironite back from each key, as RNG will be RNG, but over multiple keys that's what you'll end up finding. It's why people suggest running 10 keys at once, to smooth out the RNG, and make sure you come out on top.

The ratio is much the same in the Weekly Dungeon, but with 100k Gold and 50 Ironite drops. Save up a bunch of those to run at once, or while you're also running a pile of Daily Keys.

i stand corrected epic frags not legendary, but i can assure you i got 83,631 gold from daily keys i used i can even provide screen shots of some of the rewards which shows the 83k gold, and yes the ironite has been dropping 25 at a time and did make back the ironite i spent on the mega refill plus around 150-160 and from those epic frags dropped i mananged to get the nomad from the mythical soul so was defo worth burning some of the stashed keys

Madrik
02-22-2020, 11:18 PM
i should have really noted what was the exact rewards from each key used but im up on both gold and ironite and toons so im pleased with the outcome

Madrik
02-22-2020, 11:21 PM
so if i open 10 keys it will give me 30 runs, or am i getting that wrong cus didnt realise you could open multiples as i was using one key at a time and playing manually lol

Yup
02-23-2020, 12:21 AM
No. They DO NOT stack...

Open one key.. do three runs.. open another key... etc.

Muzzleloader
02-23-2020, 12:39 AM
Madrid, if you have a good team for the airstrip dungeon. You may give that a try on the daily keys.

Azagthor
02-23-2020, 06:44 AM
but i can assure you i got 83,631 gold from daily keys i used i can even provide screen shots of some of the rewards which shows the 83k gold

You're right, the Reward Chest screen will show you 83k gold. It's unintuitive, but that screen combines the gold you get from the first Victory Reward screen which is ~8631 each run, with any gold that dropped from the chest. So that 83k is the 8631 + 75,000. It's a bit weird.

Similar thing happens with SoT drops, except it shows the combined total on the first Victory Reward screen, as well as in the Reward Chest screen. For example, if you see 26 SoT in a Daily Dungeon run, that's a combination of the 25 SoT the dropped from the chest plus the 1 SoT from the Victory screen. It's the trickiest part of trying to analyse dungeon drops, working out range of the regular SoT return (it's usually 0-4) and determining the drop size from the reward chest.

Madrik
02-23-2020, 10:44 PM
You're right, the Reward Chest screen will show you 83k gold. It's unintuitive, but that screen combines the gold you get from the first Victory Reward screen which is ~8631 each run, with any gold that dropped from the chest. So that 83k is the 8631 + 75,000. It's a bit weird.

Similar thing happens with SoT drops, except it shows the combined total on the first Victory Reward screen, as well as in the Reward Chest screen. For example, if you see 26 SoT in a Daily Dungeon run, that's a combination of the 25 SoT the dropped from the chest plus the 1 SoT from the Victory screen. It's the trickiest part of trying to analyse dungeon drops, working out range of the regular SoT return (it's usually 0-4) and determining the drop size from the reward chest.

thanks for clearing that up Azagthor

Madrik
02-23-2020, 10:53 PM
the great thing is all these soul frag drops from the keys has helped towards toons i didnt have, pom eddie, CR eddie, fotd eddie and crusader eddie, wrath, the nomad, derby demon, savage reaper, w hierophant, w corrupt rescuer, w hellraiser, w mayan priestess and m pharaoh dog plus god knows how many skill shards ive used on the eddies so not a bad run and still have a 13 keys left. if i didnt read using keys up i wouldnt of known what to do with them lol

Muzzleloader
02-23-2020, 10:56 PM
Dont forget that for every seven daily keys used and won you earn a weekly key. They cost a bit more but the rewardsxare better.

Madrik
02-23-2020, 10:59 PM
Dont forget that for every seven daily keys used and won you earn a weekly key. They cost a bit more but the rewardsxare better.

ive only used one weekly key but can only do the normal as dont have many toons i can use for hard/madness yet.

Muzzleloader
02-23-2020, 11:12 PM
The weekly/daily is the same. The difference is the daily you can use 4* toons, the weekly you can only use 3* toons.

If you had a good auto team for airstrip that may work for the weekly keys.

Madrik
02-23-2020, 11:16 PM
daily dungeons i can complete normal/hard on auto but have to play madness manually due to the ai using the wrong moves so i get wiped out on auto but manually i walk it, weekly keys can only do normal on auto due to the 3 star restriction. i think i need to keep some toons back and only level them those up for the weekly keys

Yup
02-23-2020, 11:22 PM
If you can run the Airstrip with Where Eagles Dare and have ragnarok and starfire talismans.. use the same team for hte daily dungeon Madness. It works just as well there.

Daily...
Max Evolved Wicker Wolf (Viper/Cosmic Echo)
WED (Ranarok/ Cosmic Deathmark)
Caria (can't remember but nothing special set up for these dungeons)
A Bomber Boy (Starfire)

Weekly..
G Desert Golem (primordial)
WED
A Undead Rescuer (Starfire)
A Bomber Boy (Starfire)

around 30 second runs autos madness in ether without a problem (my relics may matter though).

The Ragnarok and starfires do most of the work here. Vipers help in the daily... so if you don't have the Wicker Wolf, put vipers on some other character. Vipers would probably also help in the weekly, but I'm too lazy to find a 3 star that can wear them.

Muzzleloader
02-23-2020, 11:32 PM
Red sun spirit can hold 6 red talisman.

Yup
02-23-2020, 11:37 PM
Only need 5 for vipers. I'm sure there are many that can do that.

Madrik
02-23-2020, 11:39 PM
my daily team is all level 100 all sharded and max talismans bar 2 of the cosmics

Soldier Eddie (thorn/persecution)
Caria (Tranquility/chance/Domination cosmic)
A Hierophant (Labyrinth/Ascension cosmic)
Wicker Man (Meteor/Def +15 cosmic+random)

i think this is half my problem cus i dont have a really strong team to run the main dungeons to get the high end tali's

Yup
02-23-2020, 11:41 PM
Do you have Redemption talismans (3 set)? They would help more than the Meteors on Wickerman.

And thorn is a good cosmic, but Void may be better. Most of the issue is the buffs on enemies (especially the bats)... void will do a better job of removing those.

BUT.. once Wickerman is awakenable he may be better to use overall. (And that's where you can put vipers I believe)

Muzzleloader
02-23-2020, 11:52 PM
By saying g it can hold 6 red, it means it has 3 red slots. More 5han enough for viper.

Madrik
02-24-2020, 12:13 AM
Do you have Redemption talismans (3 set)? They would help more than the Meteors on Wickerman.

And thorn is a good cosmic, but Void may be better. Most of the issue is the buffs on enemies (especially the bats)... void will do a better job of removing those.

BUT.. once Wickerman is awakenable he may be better to use overall. (And that's where you can put vipers I believe)

i'll get redemption, but the thorn is the normal 3 set not cosmic mate so i'll play around with those tali's too

Muzzleloader
02-24-2020, 12:50 AM
My first 3* team without any of the new OP talisman was red sun spirit, SoL, desert guardian , blue allied soldier. All common toons. At first manually it is slow but I never lost. With the newer talisman it would be much easier.