PDA

View Full Version : Metal Talk

The Educated fool
07-07-2016, 08:45 PM
What bands besides Maiden are you folks into? I tend towards most types of metal and rock... from Cannibal Corpse to The Beatles, from AC/DC to Marilyn Manson, from Black Sabbath to Cradle of Filth... different tunes for different moods. What does it for you?

Kaijester
07-10-2016, 11:20 PM
Hi, I listen to a wide range of music too...and for metal genre I took a liking to Iron Maiden, Slayer, Gamma Ray, Sinergy, Helloween, Stratovarius and Bathory when I was young. Now what's left in my Metal Jukebox for more than a decade are Helloween & Stratovarius.

Playing this game brings me back in time and now I am exploring Iron Maiden music like never before.

The Educated fool
07-10-2016, 11:40 PM
It does sorta get ya in the mood for Maiden, doesn't it?

Hellcrow
07-12-2016, 03:52 PM
I started listening to Maidens when I was 12, Nicko was one of those drummers who got me into drumming.

Genres I like: Death (Melodic, Technical), Black, Power, Thrash, Folk and Heavy Metal, mainly bands from the late 80's and 90's.
Aside from Metal I like Rock and some Reggae. That's pretty much it..

The Educated fool
07-12-2016, 06:53 PM
I almost never put anything on that isn't rock or metal, but when I do, it's pretty much classical. I can handle most other types of music though, in moderation. lol

So, when you say melodic death metal, what bands come to mind?

Jennie-5128
07-12-2016, 07:56 PM
I'm very eclectic - probably about 50% metal, lots of classic rock too, but also classical, jazz, some dance... anything that involves musical skill to produce, really. Maiden are probably second behind Alice Cooper for me (sorry, I'm a heretic). Currently listening to a lot of Halestorm and In This Moment.

In terms of playing I can noodle a bit on guitar and keyboard, can drum passably but am kitless at the moment, but my real thing is singing. I've done a fair amount of choral stuff, and really appreciate the technical skills of a good singer. Vocal Heroes are Freddie Mercury, Ronnie James Dio and Doro Pesch. Bruce is up there too in terms of technical skill. I'm not QUITE so impressed with Paul or Blaze (although I do have some Wolfsbane stuff from his pre-Maiden days, cos the band had a good groove).

Gosh. That was rambly.

(Edited for autocorrect - fancy autocorrecting Doro to Dorothy! For shame, phone! )

Hellcrow
07-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Amon Amarth, Be'Lakor, Skyfire, At the Gates, Wintersun, Insomnium, Wolfheart and there are probably more which I can't remember right now.

mrSaxonAcres
07-15-2016, 02:00 PM
I like a wide variety of music too. All types of metal: thrash, grind, death, black, progressive. When it comes to other stuff, I like jazz (esp. the avant-garde or fusion stuff), classic rock, old hardcore punk, noise, krautrock, old hip-hop (mostly Wu-Tang), some funk and anything with an experimental bent.

Some of my favorite non-Maiden bands/artists (Maiden is my no question #1 fave of all time) are:

Rush
Frank Zappa
Miles Davis
Can
King Crimson
Black Sabbath
Tool
Motorhead
Radiohead
Neil Young
Tom Waits
Prince
David Bowie
Sunn O)))
Cannibal Corpse
Slayer
Death

...well, yeah. I have a lot of favorites. :)

The Educated fool
07-17-2016, 10:27 PM
Ever checked out Cannibal Corpse live? I caught 'em with Napalm Death a few years back... killer show.

@Hellcrow: Love Amon Amarth! So many great tunes... my all time fave of theirs is Stand Up to Go Down though... lol

@Jennie: Nothing wrong with ol' Alice Cooper, for sure. I dig In This Moment too (with the exception of their last album), but I can't get into Halestorm. Do you listen to any Lacuna Coil, Huntress, Kittie or Arch Enemy at all?

AmBush-UK
07-20-2016, 02:53 AM
Being "middle aged" I've been around the block a few times Seen and heard many bands Grew up with Pink Floyd, Rod Stewart, Elvis & Bagpipes from my dad Connie Francis The Dubliners, Christy Moore & Wolfe Tones from my mum. Went through phases of being a Mod - Skinhead - Skipped the House techno thing of the mid 80's

Discovered MAIDEN in 1986 (Thanks to a colleague at the Cinema) NEVER been unfaithful to rock/metal since (apart from Classical & Military)

Some of the bands i have on vinyl, CD & Laptop include:
4 Non Blondes, A7X, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Anthrax, Black Sabbath, Cradle of Filth, Def Leppard, Dio, Faith No More, Five finger death punch, Green Day, Guns n Roses, Halestorm, Hanoi Rocks, Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, Judas Priest, Kings of Leon, Kiss, Lost Prophets, Marillion (Fish era), Marilyn Manson, Megadeth, Metallica, Ministry, Motorhead, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Offspring, Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera, Pink Floyd, Pig Irön, Public Enemy, Queen, Rammstein, Red Hot Chili Peppers, REM, Status Quo, Steranko, Testament, The Almighty, The Clash, The Doors, The Ramones, The Rolling Stones, Thin Lizzy, Thunder, U2, Velvet Revolver.

+more

Jennie-5128
07-20-2016, 10:34 AM
AmBush: that looks like a fab play list :D

Orc71
07-20-2016, 04:34 PM
I'm into a little of everything from classical to metal. For me Metallica & Anthrax were always right up there with Maiden but I've always considered Maiden as my favorite because of the recurring themes and stories in their music. I'm a history buff and I love the way they use history and different time periods in their song writing. Not to mention Eddie the ultimate badass mascot any band has ever had.

The Educated fool
07-21-2016, 06:14 PM
Sweet. I just won tickets to see 5 Finger Death Punch on the radio the other day. \m/

mrSaxonAcres
07-24-2016, 02:25 PM
EdFool - I have not ever seen Cannibal Corpse live. I've heard I'm definitely missing out. My concert-going days are largely behind me (I do have tickets to see Sabbath in August, tho!)

The Educated fool
07-25-2016, 01:06 AM
I got to see Sabbath for the first/last/only time on their The End tour stop in Winnipeg earlier this year... amazing show!

Gonzo
07-31-2016, 09:41 PM
I got to see Sabbath for the first/last/only time on their The End tour stop in Winnipeg earlier this year... amazing show!

Sabbath is ending their tour in my country, Argentina. I've seen them live a couple of times. But this will be special.

The Educated fool
08-01-2016, 08:45 PM
No doubt, man! Wish I could be there!

Fudjo
08-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Other metal bands I like:

The Sword - kinda like a cross between Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath. Fun stuff.

Black metal: Ulver, Gorgoroth, Godseed

Doom metal/Post metal: Wolves in the Throne Room, Altar of Plagues, Agalloch, Oranssi Pazuzu, A Storm of Light, Dirge

Doom/sludge: Windhand, Shrinebuilder

Death metal: Bolt Thrower

Goth metal: Tristania, Draconian

I've been to the last two Roadburn Festivals in Tilburg, Netherlands and loved it. Really great mix of bands and styles, nice city, and lots of great people.

Gonzo
08-04-2016, 03:17 PM
No love for TOOL? :( :( :( :(

The Educated fool
08-08-2016, 03:27 AM
I can dig some of Tools' songs, but not all. Gotta love Sobber though. :cool:

compurocker
08-08-2016, 04:11 AM
I like a lot of classic rock and listen to that when I'm in the mood, but most of my listening is devoted to metal. My favorite types include prog and power and I lean towards epic symphonic stuff, especially if it's melodic with beautiful voices and poppy with catchy hooks.

Some of my favorite bands right now (in no particular order):

Symphony X
Seventh Wonder
Kamelot
Nightwish

Those last two my wife and I took our six year old girl to see in concert. She loved those shows!

I'm also a big Beatles fan, and Led Zep are my fave of all time.

The Educated fool
08-11-2016, 09:41 PM
Love Nightwish... Tarja is amazing!

zamasu
08-12-2016, 04:18 PM
Every now and then my mood and taste changes. but one band will always be #1 can you guess?

Iron Maiden!!

right now what I've been listening to is:

Iron Maiden
Insomnium
Wintersun
Omnium Gatherum
Sentenced (My second favorite band)
Dark Tranquillity
Holy Grail
Carcass
In Flames
Sonana Arctica
Kamelot
Blind Guardian

etc etc etc

Nekroliun
08-14-2016, 09:33 AM
I listen mostly to heavy but sometimes i listen to power and some symphonic, its rare to find symphonic, bands like rhapsody of fire master it, i started listening to metal when i first found emerald sword by rhapsody 1# power metal song ever, and after listening toneachbof their albums 816 times i decided its time to find new bands, i listened to power of the horde and someone said it is based of powerslave, so i went and listened to that and got hooked to maiden, shortly i found they released the book of souls just 1 month before that day and instantly bought the album, then i saw dragonforce and judas priest and some new bands like sleeping with sirens and crown the empire, oldschool metal will always be better than new metal

The Educated fool
08-15-2016, 12:40 AM
@Nekroliun

I stopped reading mid-sentence and loaded Emerald Sword before I continued... nice little tune, that one! Have you heard any Firewind at all?

compurocker
08-15-2016, 02:37 AM
Love Firewind.

For a newcomer symphonic power metal band, check out Damnation Angels. Their debut album pushed all the right buttons for me, and the followup was pretty great, too.

Nekroliun
08-15-2016, 06:14 AM
@Nekroliun

I stopped reading mid-sentence and loaded Emerald Sword before I continued... nice little tune, that one! Have you heard any Firewind at all?

Nope, i dont think ive ever heard if firewind, got a recommended song to listen to first?

And you should check out Decyfer Down, maybe not for everyone, theyre a christian rock band, but damn it theyre music is just too great, listen to rearrange or the other side of darkness both are great to start with IF youve never heard of them

Watchman
08-15-2016, 09:45 AM
Although Iron Maiden is the love of my life (musically), I am listening only to a handful of Metal Bands. For example Blind Guardian, Nightwish and the old stuff from Sonata Arctica. Sometimes a little bit Metallica...
My favourite Band after Maiden for example is Muse. Love them. And there is another Bruce in my life. Springsteen. Great person, great musician.
I would cry some happy tears for a new System of a down Album, too.

Nekroliun
08-15-2016, 09:59 AM
I dont listen to alot since when i listen to more than one or put a bunch of songs from different bands in one playlist, if i like one band more than the other, i skip most songs by the other band, this started happening this monh when i noticed ive been skipping a shit ton of rhapsody of fire's best songs to get to a maiden song

The Educated fool
08-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Check out Into the Fire (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8X-8GfSK90) and Immortal Lives Young (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w77LvqmNso) from Firewind, to start... if one of those doesn't hook ya, I'll be surprised. :cool:

Nekroliun
08-18-2016, 12:26 AM
Into the fire didnt really grab my attention, but damn immortal lives young is GOOD

The Educated fool
08-20-2016, 12:49 AM
Try Between Heaven and Hell, from them... the song, or the album... either way. :cool:

Sudjenica
09-12-2016, 01:03 PM
I've been a metalhead for more than 16 years now. Started out with Metallica's Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets, then came Live After Death (it was love at first sound), followed by Manowar, Helloween, etc. I used to listen to power and heavy a lot when I was younger (Blind Guardian, Helloween, Hammerfall, Gamma Ray, a bit of Sonata Arctica and Kamelot, Edguy, Iced Earth, Grave Digger, Judas Priest, Falconer, etc), but at early stage I switched to melodic black metal - which is to this day my favorite genre. However, in the last couple of years, I noticed that my taste in music is changing and I started listening to bands/genres I disliked earlier, like melodic death metal. That is why I've been giving a chance to a lot of bands I ignored previously and thanks to that, Hypocrisy became one of my favorite bands (starting from their 3rd album, the first two are poor in both musical and lyrical sense).

In the last couple of months, my playlists looked like this (in no specific order):

Amorphis (Eclipse being the most listened to album)
Summoning
Sabaton (love them and their energy, even though I think their lyrics are shallow)
Witchery (still hope I'll see them live one day)
Agathodaimon (always on my every playlist, especially Higher Art of Rebellion)
Korpiklaani (fascinated with Noita)
The 69 Eyes (I don't like cheesy romantic songs, but my weakness are 69 Eyes :) - Paris Kills and Blessed Be albums)
Insomnium
Hypocrisy (hehe)
Ne Obliviscaris
Amon Amarth
Kampfar
Ceremonial Castings
Caladan Brood
Vreid
Carach Angren
My Dying Bride

I'm also into unsigned bands, bands who are just starting to break through or not so popular bands, like Hammerstorm, Wolfhorde, Deals Death, Alrakis, Gallowbraid etc.

Oh and after this years Wacken, I'm definitely going to check out Orden Ogan a bit more, loved their show!

The Educated fool
09-14-2016, 06:19 PM
Right on, man. Looks like a pretty good playlist to play loud! :cool:

Sudjenica
09-19-2016, 10:22 AM
Thank you! Indeed it is, but I need to update it, I've been listening to the same bands for months now. Today I've added Illnath to the list (reminded myself of how much I used to love them).
By the way, I've added you to be my fellow Trooper ;)
By the way II, add "wo" in front of that man :D

Nekroliun
09-19-2016, 01:11 PM
That seems like a good playlist to listen to, not like mine, which consested of:

The alchemist
The final frontier
The assassin
El dorado
Bring yo dota to de slaughta
Caught somewhere in time

Been listening to it for 4 weeks now... Someone help

Added ya btw

Sudjenica
09-19-2016, 02:07 PM
Accepted you and thanks for adding me :)

Well, at least you're listening to IM! I haven't given them a listen in a while. I watched them live on Wacken this summer, and did listen to the Book of Souls (of course), but I can't really remember when was the last time I listened to their older stuff.

Hm I see you're into heavy and sympho/power. Have you listened to Sabaton? You might like them. They even played as supporting band for IM.
Blind Guardian? Kamelot? Stratovarius? Sonata Arctica? Helloween? Queensryche? Def Leppard?

The Educated fool
09-20-2016, 07:25 AM
Thank you! Indeed it is, but I need to update it, I've been listening to the same bands for months now. Today I've added Illnath to the list (reminded myself of how much I used to love them).
By the way, I've added you to be my fellow Trooper ;)
By the way II, add "wo" in front of that man :D

Sacked an inactive and accepted your add. Welcome aboard... woman. :cool:

Nekroliun
09-20-2016, 07:38 AM
Listened to a bit of kamelot, not enough to actually get a good thought if them, but still, i think they got some really good songs. Any of the other bands, never listened to them.

Started listening to some Metallica last week, theyre amazing, and now i can buy dat sweet "...And Justice For All" t-shirt i saw last night. Cuz buying a t-shirt of a band u dont listen to just to look swag is a shame.

Btw last year i started listening to rhapsody, what im hinting to is cuz i started listening to IM like 5 months ago, ive been listening to the first 36 songs by rhapsody for over a year...

BTW ISNT HAMMERFALL A CONTINENT IN TAMRIEL????????????? (Ever played skyrim? Skyrim is a continent in tamriel (just for those wondering what that is))

Sudjenica
09-20-2016, 09:40 AM
Sacked an inactive and accepted your add. Welcome aboard... woman. :cool:

Yay! Thank you, brother, I hope my troops will serve you well :)
I have to write this once again: please know that I use my every single fellow Trooper every single day, but the game crashes most of the time, especially when using Troopers, and most of them don't get the badges. When they finally fix this ongoing issue, I promise I'll be a good little helper :cool:

Listened to a bit of kamelot, not enough to actually get a good thought if them, but still, i think they got some really good songs. Any of the other bands, never listened to them.

Started listening to some Metallica last week, theyre amazing, and now i can buy dat sweet "...And Justice For All" t-shirt i saw last night. Cuz buying a t-shirt of a band u dont listen to just to look swag is a shame.

Btw last year i started listening to rhapsody, what im hinting to is cuz i started listening to IM like 5 months ago, ive been listening to the first 36 songs by rhapsody for over a year...

BTW ISNT HAMMERFALL A CONTINENT IN TAMRIEL????????????? (Ever played skyrim? Skyrim is a continent in tamriel (just for those wondering what that is))

Well, if you like old Metallica, then you should try some other thrash bands like Megadeth, Kreator, Anthrax, Slayer, Exodus, Testament, Destruction (one of my favorite thrash bands), Sodom, Overkill, Tankard (fun guys), Annihilator, Possessed, Voivod, Havok... Take your pick!

I've listed you a ton of bands you can check out on YouTube and see which one you'll give a real listen to. Oh did I mention Falconer? They used to be very good!

Hammerfall is a band and a province in Tamriel is Hammerfell (of course I played Skyrim! :) ). ES games are my top favorite RPG games, including The Witcher series (although I've played I and II, while my computer does not support III).

The Educated fool
09-22-2016, 07:35 PM
Don't forget Evile, if you're looking for old Metallica sound-alikes. :cool:

I swear Five Serpent's Teeth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Serpent%27s_Teeth) is like the second coming of Kill 'Em All...

Aristo4
09-22-2016, 08:01 PM
If you like Firewind, I like you more :p

I was listening to Firewind for about a year till I realized it was a greek band, and Gus G was around 80km from here :D

here some gems from our poor country :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFejZlLQHqs
try their 'messenger' album

and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_GPCZJP8Yk
to shake your head a little :p

Nekroliun
09-22-2016, 08:58 PM
Oh its hammerfell... The other one is daggerfall... Damn it now every loremaster out there in wow is gonna stab me in my sleep for getting that wrong...

Aristo4
09-22-2016, 09:04 PM
Oh its hammerfell... The other one is daggerfall... Damn it now every loremaster out there in wow is gonna stab me in my sleep for getting that wrong...

I did notice this post was made 2 Minutes To Midnight :D

The Educated fool
09-22-2016, 10:28 PM
If you like Firewind, I like you more :p

I was listening to Firewind for about a year till I realized it was a greek band, and Gus G was around 80km from here :D

here some gems from our poor country :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFejZlLQHqs
try their 'messenger' album

and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_GPCZJP8Yk
to shake your head a little :p

I had never heard of Firewind until I saw them open for Arch Enemy, and I immediately loved 'em! So much so that I was bummed when Ozzy poached Gus for his band.

Witkacy
10-16-2016, 09:46 PM
I am listening all kind of music from blues, folk, hard, heavy to prog rock... Mostly bands from 70s... Since you guys are listing your favourities - I can't be worse :p

AC/DC
Ache
Andromeda
Aphrodite's Child
Atomic Rooster
Bad Company
Biglietto Per L'Inferno
Bijelo Dugme (White Button - former Yugoslavia band :))
Birtha
Black Sabbath
Bloodrock
Budgie
Cream
Deep Purple
Doors
East Of Eden
Eloy
Fairport Convention
Free
Genesis
Grandfunk Railroad
Heart
Jethro Tull
Jimi Hendrix
Joy Unlimited
Judas Priest
Kansas
Kebnekajse (Swedish folk band)
Leaf Hound
Led Zeppelin
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Marillion
Montrose
Motorhead
Mountain
Nazareth
Nektar
November (Swedish Heavy Prog band)
Omega (Hungarian band)
Osanna
Ougenweide (German Folk band)
Prudence (Norway)
Queen
Rainbow
Ramones
Rush
Saxon
Scorpions
Spooky Tooth
Status Quo
Steeleye Span
Thin Lizzy
Trapeze
Trettioariga Kriget (30 Year War - Sweden)
UFO
Uriah Heep
Van Halen
Vanilla Fudge
Wild Turkey
Wishbone Ash
ZZ Top

As for metal: Accept, Anthrax, Maiden, Saxon etc.

The Educated fool
10-17-2016, 05:54 AM
Seems like a thorough list! :cool: I was a little thrown off when I got to "I" and didn't see Maiden, but then I saw the metal section at the end. lol

The Educated fool
10-21-2016, 05:39 PM
Anyone seen any good concerts lately? Got any tickets for upcoming shows?

Aristo4
10-21-2016, 05:43 PM
Annihilator,Iced Earth, Testament for me in the next couple of months. Last concert I've been to must have been almost a year ago, since more big bands don't come here anymore...including maiden.

The Educated fool
10-21-2016, 05:52 PM
Amen, brother! it's been a terrible year here, for concerts. I haven't had tickets for anything in ages... it sucks. Sounds like you've got some great ones on the horizon!

MetalKing
08-23-2018, 01:43 AM
This may make me old school, but the metal groups I like besides Iron Maiden are Metallica, Kat, Helloween, and Manowar.

thealchemist
08-23-2018, 03:50 AM
Nice to see a dead thread come back to life. Here are some of the bands I'm into

Soundgarden
System of a down
Nevermore
Pantera
Down
Cathedral
Tool
Dream Theater
Sevendust
Rage Against the Machine
Corrosion of Conformity
Alice in Chains
Mastodon
Sanctuary
Voivod
Queensryche
Kyuss
Anthrax
Megadeth
Dio
Deep Purple
Jimi Hendrix
Faith No More
Type O Negative
Motorhead
Kylesa
Elder
The Cult
Porcupine Tree
Primus
Rollins Band
The Tea Party
Walking Papers
Tomahawk
to name a few.

Then there are Aussie bands like Karnivool, Caligula's Horse, The Butterfly Effect, Alchemist (not my band :P) and a bunch of other local bands that I listen to and try to catch live as much as I can (those that are still around at least).

scott-5496
08-23-2018, 09:57 AM
My teen years shaped what I like. Maiden being the main band I listened too. Scorpions probably a close second then the likes of Saxon, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Dio, Sabbath, Purple and Priest. So the 80s and early 90s were my metal golden era really. I then wandred into more melodic rock territory with Whitesnake (around the Slide it in album and onwards) and hair metal though still very mich into the other bands I mentioned I was now adding in things like Mr Big, Winger, Cinderella, Unruly Child, Europe, Alice Cooper, Kiss, House of Lords, Nightranger, Damn Yankees, Giant and the like. I sort of got into different singing as singing was for me the big thing - I could not abide a lot of the hair metal as they could not sing and the production was usually tripe - Poison being the leading example!

However, through all of that metal still stuck and was still very much my fave genre.

Nowadays I still lsten to all of these bands - a do listen to a lot of melodic rock - newer stuff as well as the golden era side. here is alot of good stuff out there and with Spotify and the like it is easy to pick up on new stuff as it comes out. Some of it is great - I like soem stoner/doom rock as well these days (liked Alice in Chains and Soundgarden as well as stuff like Queens of the Stone Age, Masters of Reality etc) so stuff like Kadavar, The Sword, Elder....

I have to say of the more modern rock/metal stuff Halestorm is one band I really like a lot but there are lots of others - probably too many to really get into if that makes sense!

Olevipoeg
08-23-2018, 10:17 AM
After seeing "Ready Player One" ( the book is must read for all born in seventies ) I want to add Twisted Sisters to the must hear list.
Other bands:
Accept, WASP, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Yngwie Malmsteen, King Diamond, Nirvana, Guns and Roses, Skid Row ( "18 and life" is damn good song )
And Jethro Tull and Johnny Cash have couple pretty good rock songs.
And play "Brütal Legend" or play the soundtrack at least. Best game soundtrack ever!

The Educated fool
08-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Always interesting to see life in this section of the board! No matter how often I've tried to resuscitate it in the past, it never seems to take. lol :cool:

Cool to see you're into The Tea Party, thealchemist. They've always been my favourite Canadian band, and quite underrated, I'd say. I've heard they have a solid fan base in Australia.

ElvisIsDead
08-27-2018, 11:37 PM
My favourite metal band of recent years is probably Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats. Anyone into first wave metal like Black Sabbath should definitely check them out. They use vintage equipment to get a similar retro sound, and although they wear their Sabbath influence on their sleeve, they don't just end up sounding like a tribute act the way Orchid do.

They also covered 'Remember Tomorrow' from Maiden's first album.

The Educated fool
10-09-2018, 08:23 PM
Just saw this today. \m/ :cool:

thealchemist
10-10-2018, 01:31 AM
Always interesting to see life in this section of the board! No matter how often I've tried to resuscitate it in the past, it never seems to take. lol :cool:

Cool to see you're into The Tea Party, thealchemist. They've always been my favourite Canadian band, and quite underrated, I'd say. I've heard they have a solid fan base in Australia.

Yeah I've seen them live quite a few times. Seen Jeff Martin in his solo shows a few times as well. The band play to around 2000-3000 people here in Melbourne whenever they come out, which since their come back has been pretty much every year lol

Lemmy
10-10-2018, 05:21 AM
Ho...this is a huge question.....:D

I am listening everything linked to metal, from old Hard Rock/Heavy Metal to Metalcore, including Black Metal, Vicking Metal, Death Metal, Symphonic Metal, Doom Metal, Pagan, Gothic Metal, Industrial Metal, Nu Metal, Funk Metal, etc....
In addition, I am a big fan of punk and I also listen form other kind of music like Jass, Blues, Progressive Rock, and classic.

My favorit band is Motorhread (seen them 25 five times), Iron Maiden are the number 2 :p;)

Big fan of music, I have around 2'000 CD's (and 1'000 vinyls) and I've seen so many concerts that I can't count anymore.

Zugzwang
10-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Just saw this today. \m/ :cool:

I disagree. I like a couple songs on Tattooed Millionaire. ;)

scott-5496
10-10-2018, 05:00 PM
A lot of good tunes on Bruces' solo stuff - especially like the stuff he did with Adrian. I have his greatest hit CD thing in the car and it;s goo driving music - like Maiden and Priest!

haiduk
02-13-2019, 02:38 AM
Greetings. Haiduk has relesed a new album - Exomancer

Fast riffs, dark atmosphere, evil melodic black metal.

haiduk.bandcamp

Check it out.

Knut-3112
04-26-2020, 04:36 PM
If anyone likes black metal with some folk influences and pirate themes then be sure to check out Ilbeltz - one-man project from Basque Country.
Great stuff, I highly recommend it.