PDA

View Full Version : Fog of War - Battle for new Niflheim Talismans, Thor Eddie Fragments + MORE

Leviathan
03-02-2020, 12:08 AM

Complete in our first ever Clan event for rare rewards!

From now until March 8th at 5PM PT, complete new event challenges on the Challenges screen. These reward you for completing specific objectives in the Arena and Gauntlet. Objectives include winning Arena battles using specific abilities and talismans and clearing Gauntlet Grades!

If you belong to a Clan, you will also see additional Fog of War Event Challenges. These are distinguishable by their green border and special icons. This event features Clan Group Event Challenges which will count the efforts of all members of your Clan towards the ultimate goal! For additional details on Clan Event Challenges, scroll to the bottom of this post, or head to the Clans Guide in the newsfeed!

See the Challenge menu for full details!

Rewards include various Awakening Shards, Thor Eddie Fragments, Valhalla Maiden Fragments and new 5-set Niflheim Talismans.

Nifliheim Talismans are blue talismans with a 5 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip them to reduce all damage taken by 75% and return 25% of it at the start of each round back to each enemy as random damage. They also grant Immunity to Perfect Stun, Perfect Disable, and Perfect Corruption to all allies until they die. Finally, these talismans will take 5% of your MAX HP as random damage for each negative effect currently on you at the start of your turn.

Many Fog of War event challenges will also provide Grimoire Soul Fragments.

Grimoire Fragments are the event currency of our overarching Nameless Nights event that is running through March.

Trade your Grimoire Fragments in the Mega Store for rare rewards including 5* Live After Death Eddie.

You can learn more about this featured event in the Nameless Nights event post here! (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?13205-Nameless-Nights-Info-and-Discussion)

**BONUS: For the duration of the Fog of War event, Eternity Soul Fragments you earn from the weekly Arena resets can be traded for Eternity Talismans!

Eternity Talismans are purple talismans with a 5 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set for the following effects: Grant Perfect Hit to all allies at the start of battle for 2 turns. Grant Physical, Magic, and True Block to self for 1 turn if Perfect Hit, Regen, or Charge is present at the start of your turn. Remove All Beneficial Effects, including Golden Effects, Stun, and inflict Perfect Disable for 1 turn on a random enemy if Passive Disable is active on any enemy at the start of your turn. Fully heal and removes Doom effects from all enemies if the wearer of this talisman has the Shawl of Styx passive.

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help you complete the challenges ahead:

Get another full set of Niflheim Talismans, or purchase a finisher pack in store!
Grab our Any Class Power Up Pack! This pack provides Ironite, a bit of gold, 5★ Colourless XP Shards to power up any class of character!
Get the Opportunistic Talisman Combo Pack. This pack comes with 3 T2 Red Cosmic Talismans with Avenger, Chance and Fate set effects! This package also comes with some bonus Ironite, Gold and Cosmic Evo Materials, as a one-time only offer!
Eternity Relics are purchasable with Gold in the Event Store!

Eternity Relics grant players up to a 50% increase in HP, Attack and Magic stats in the Arena for a limited time. There are two kinds: Eternity Arms (Increase Stats on your Arena Offense Team) and Eternity Armor (Increase Stats on your Arena Defense Team).

Please note: Each Eternity Relic can be purchased twice and will expire 2 weeks after they are purchased (Note: Earning additional levels of these Relics will refresh the timer!). These Relics will not increase stats in the Gauntlet.

Notes on Clan Event Challenges:

Players can join a Clan part way through an event in order to obtain these extra Event Challenges.

If you are removed from your Clan, or choose to Leave a Clan during the event, you will no longer be able to participate in the Clan Event Challenges. After the 24 hour cooldown you can then join a different Clan. This will give you access to any active Clan Event Challenges, and any Clan Group Challenges will be updated to the current total for your new Clan. If the Clan has already completed and claimed a Clan Group Challenge, the new member will not be able to claim that reward. Players will not gain double rewards by Clan hopping.

Cefiar
03-02-2020, 12:34 AM
Can you kick the servers? They're being naughty again and are slow as a wet rag.

Seriously, I eventually get into the game but anything in the Clans section seems to freeze the game with the spinning skull. So far, skull quests seem to be fine, just clans.

Update: Seems to be working fine again now.

Iced_Earth
03-02-2020, 02:44 AM
So much ppl with high def Teams, lol
Thats retarded

Bakura
03-02-2020, 04:24 AM
PLEASE NO LONE EDDIES.... USE A WEAK DEFENSE TEAM INSTEAD.... W/ CELESTIALS.

This gives people a chance to apply buffs/debuffs.
... and please don't use Singularity....

I have a Viking Ed & 3 Pumpkins w/ just Celestials... hit me up!

My Clan/Personal Magus Arena Achievement team is:

>Scrooge Ed- Celestials/Cosmic(he can steal points so team can apply buffs fast, applies immunity to all.)
>M. LoL- Singularity(these apply immunity to whole team)
>Wicker Owl Evolved-Alchemy/Cosmic(his passive applies Soul Protect to whole team & his special disables all passives)
>M. Bomberboy- Soul Protect/Blue/Cosmic (his basic applies Bloodlust to all.)

Carriage Rider works too and can apply Soul Protect, but some arena players are using REAL defense teams, and Scrooge can freeze to buy more time and win. Magus LoL can renew Ghosting so u can keep applying debuffs.

IronMaster
03-02-2020, 06:25 AM
Thanks to all who placed weak defence team.

P.S. Most high-rating arena players keep their best teams. You take profit from weak teams of others players, don't you want to thanks them in response?

Azagthor
03-02-2020, 06:43 AM
These are the current challenges. The CLAN ones track your clan's combined progress.
(updated to fix a small mistake)

Beddie
03-02-2020, 06:54 AM
This is a fine event, these clan challenges help to breath a new life into events.
My one problem here is the fact that we need to win 500 arena battles! WHY???!

Azagthor
03-02-2020, 07:46 AM
This is a fine event, these clan challenges help to breath a new life into events.

Yeah, that one is a bit rough! Thankfully, 100 runs in Raven's Altar will earn you the same number of Grimoire Fragments.

URock
03-02-2020, 07:47 AM
I don't like these stupid arena events any more. Too many players with their high defense teams and we should do basic attacks only.
Do you play your own game, devs?
We need something like Diablo 3 seasons to avoid these shit.

Brickster
03-02-2020, 12:40 PM
I don't like these stupid arena events any more. Too many players with their high defense teams and we should do basic attacks only.
Do you play your own game, devs?
We need something like Diablo 3 seasons to avoid these shit.

I agree. I've talked about this with some other players on the discord server.
The gist was that we could have rotating characters in a new arena format alongside the current one. Where maybe you have a week with only natural 4* characters. Or a week with only gunner/assassin characters. Maybe a week with only half the talisman slots available.
You can go crazy with it and keep it fresh and interesting, while still being able to choose the regular arena format if you keep that alongside this new one.

Madrik
03-02-2020, 12:42 PM
I might be wrong but it says play 3k battles doesn’t say you have to win them that should be easily manageable but will have an affect on our rankings tho

Yup
03-02-2020, 12:47 PM

it's only 300 with a full clan. Still kind of sucks.

I think some of the gauntlet Clan challenges are asking a tad much give then Gauntlet this round focuses on Warrior/Gunner... when the achievements require Magus/Sentinel. They should have coincided, and if necessary tweak requirements slightly to compensate that A MUST be warrior and a couple other tiers are gunner/warrior.

Madrik
03-02-2020, 02:40 PM
Yeah the gauntlet achievements are a joke. I’ve just ranked up to AA but can’t go no further cus I’ve not got enough gunner/warrior toons

Madrik
03-02-2020, 02:45 PM
Thinking about it all them battles it’s far easier to just spend the £20 and Blumming buy em lol

Azagthor
03-02-2020, 03:32 PM
Would love to know how many clans were able to complete all of these achievements once the event is over. At this point, it feels like some of them will only be possible if you've got a full clan of people who have access to the same few characters. Not much flexibility, the goals were potentially set way too high for this first clan event.

Ip4
03-02-2020, 04:16 PM
lol they call Clan EVENT but that's stupid pvp/gauntlet event...they really don'y know what clan event mean...

i will skip this shit event and continue plating raven dungeon...

MetalKing
03-02-2020, 06:39 PM
Beast Eddie and Killer prime are good for bloodlust and alchemist fury for soul protect.

Beddie
03-02-2020, 07:14 PM
So (hypothetically) if someone new we’re to join a clan during these clan events, when some of the achievements have already been meet, what would happen?
Do they miss out on the rewards or do they get the rewards for free?

Stormseye
03-02-2020, 07:16 PM
Devs,

Question about changing clans. If someone joins a new clan that is in the middle of the event and has already completed some of the talisman reward tasks will the new member only receive rewards for unfinished achievements (once they are complete)? if they only receive partial then it would behoove those who are already in the middle of clan events to stay where there are or risk losing rewards.

IronMaster
03-02-2020, 07:19 PM
In the end of first post

If you are removed from your Clan, or choose to Leave a Clan during the event, you will no longer be able to participate in the Clan Event Challenges. After the 24 hour cooldown you can then join a different Clan. This will give you access to any active Clan Event Challenges, and any Clan Group Challenges will be updated to the current total for your new Clan. If the Clan has already completed and claimed a Clan Group Challenge, the new member will not be able to claim that reward. Players will not gain double rewards by Clan hopping.

Beddie
03-02-2020, 07:24 PM
In the end of first post

Thanks, I guess I’m blind

razgriz
03-02-2020, 08:17 PM
it's only 300 with a full clan. Still kind of sucks.

I think some of the gauntlet Clan challenges are asking a tad much give then Gauntlet this round focuses on Warrior/Gunner... when the achievements require Magus/Sentinel. They should have coincided, and if necessary tweak requirements slightly to compensate that A MUST be warrior and a couple other tiers are gunner/warrior.

cmon this is typical Lotb humor, though i guess its up to those monsters constantly in sss to get the rest of the sentinel only wins.

Yup
03-02-2020, 09:30 PM
Would love to know how many clans were able to complete all of these achievements once the event is over. At this point, it feels like some of them will only be possible if you've got a full clan of people who have access to the same few characters. Not much flexibility, the goals were potentially set way too high for this first clan event.

JomsViking is making drastic headway into these. :) Already a number have been completed. And based on first day numbers, it looks like all 7 challenges won't be that much of an issue overall. I suspect there are a few clans where this maybe the case, but there's no real way of knowing.

But I agree, the fist clan event should really have been some grind event not an arena/gauntlet event. The PvP events are always difficult for some players. Everyone should have been put in a position where they feel they are contributing a great deal. Or they could have added a "run Raven's Witch Dungeon" clan achievement with like 30,000 runs necessary (100 per clan member)

Smudger24
03-02-2020, 11:03 PM
I'm finding it interesting how we can finish sentinel gauntlet only when I can only use warrior and gunner?

Mateja
03-02-2020, 11:10 PM
I'm finding it interesting how we can finish sentinel gauntlet only when I can only use warrior and gunner?

Each player can do 16 sentinel only battles before they come across gunner/warrior and much more after they pass gunner/warrior. It would take 8-9 batles per person in full clan, less people does mean more battles for each but still it's possible to do. It's kind of illogical requirement but isn't impossible or even too hard.

Smudger24
03-02-2020, 11:20 PM
Each player can do 16 sentinel only battles before they come across gunner/warrior and much more after they pass gunner/warrior. It would take 8-9 batles per person in full clan, less people does mean more battles for each but still it's possible to do. It's kind of illogical requirement but isn't impossible or even too hard.

I did 5 battles F and E. Then D and C have been warrior/gunner only. Just working through C now, hoping B will be open for sentinel.

You were lucky you got to do 16 sentinel battles first. So far its sucking for me. Hope the rest of my clan has your luck or we're not getting that talisman.

Yup
03-02-2020, 11:23 PM
There are gaps.... But it really depends upon how high in the Gauntlet you can get.

Forgive me if I get the letters wrong, I can't remember exactly what they are and I've passed these so I can't look now....

I think you can run Sentinel up to grade C. Then Grade B is w/g only... then Grade A you can run Sentinels, then grade AA is W only, then AAA is w/g only, and S, SS, SSS can all be run with Sentinel only.

My point is.. you hit that first w/g-only grade and after that.. the next grade is open and can be Sentinels. There's an "open" grade in the middle of the class-restricted grades. Then there are 2 more class-restricted grades.. and then it's open until the end.

Whenever there's a Gauntlet event I always see what the challenges are and try to get them done before Grade B. In this case, I did also run A with only Sentinels to help the clan. And will run Sentinels in S, SS, SSS when I can to further help. But S, SS, SSS battles may rarely be easy enough for only Sentinels.

Stormseye
03-02-2020, 11:29 PM
First 2 (F,E) phases are open, second two (D,C) are G/W and fourth/fifth phase (B,A) are open. So if you can get to A then you can get 16.

Yup
03-02-2020, 11:30 PM
AA is W/G only, AAA is W only, S+ is open.

Smudger24
03-02-2020, 11:34 PM
I wish that was true for me. What you guys are saying sounds doable, I can do the math. But this is what I'm facing.

You start the gauntlet in F with 2 battles.
Then E with 3 battles
Next D was w/g restricted for me
Now C is w/g restricted for me

See my problem. I wouldn't have complained if I could have done a few more battles before it changed or it changed back after D. But I'm getting worried B will still be restricted. Once I get too high its gonna get tough to just use sentinel.

Mateja
03-02-2020, 11:35 PM
Sorry, I was not completely right. You can get 16 sentinel only battles if you can reach AA. C and D have warrior/gunner (not sure about letters, I'm already past them and can't check) restriction and AAA is warrior only. It's not as easy as I made it sound to be but is still not too tough on the average player.

Yup
03-02-2020, 11:36 PM
Once I get too high its gonna get tough to just use sentinel.

I think that's sort of the point.

Muzzleloader
03-02-2020, 11:43 PM
I believe B was open for five battles and A open for six battles. Along with F and E that is a total of 16 open gauntlet battles before S.

Stormseye
03-02-2020, 11:49 PM
But I'm getting worried B will still be restricted. Once I get too high its gonna get tough to just use sentinel.

B is open to all classes as is A but B is ordered.

Yup
03-02-2020, 11:54 PM
I have always wished there was a way to see the grades you've passed... More along the lines of the Arena listings where you see what you've beat and what's you can attack.

Smudger24
03-03-2020, 01:50 AM
Ok 16 to AA doesn't sound too bad. I was just reading earlier and it was looking like I was getting a different setup. Sorry, thank you all for clearing it up.

Azagthor
03-03-2020, 04:05 AM
JomsViking is making drastic headway into these. :) I suspect there are a few clans where this maybe the case, but there's no real way of knowing.

Everyone should have been put in a position where they feel they are contributing a great deal. Or they could have added a "run Raven's Witch Dungeon" clan achievement with like 30,000 runs necessary (100 per clan member)

Your clan might be one of the few who manage to do them all. Hopefully the devs will share the numbers after the event ends!

The bit you said about everyone being able to feel like they are contributing is key here. Clan challenges require everyone to chip in, but some of these challenges are simply not possible for all players. This risks people feeling like they are letting their team down, and others feeling resentful they're missing out on rewards due to other people. You wouldn't want it to be too easy, but if the challenged were designed around each clan having say 10-15 active a high-end players, that could provide enough flexibility to allow a wider range of clans to participate. Let the well-oiled clans tear through it in a couple of days, while the more casual clans still have a chance to complete it after a while.

Bakura
03-03-2020, 05:11 AM
Is this a game anymore?
I feel enslaved to finish a drudgery of achievements, only to end up w/ rewards that let me down when going up against an un-fair boost and biased % choice by the Arena AI.

I played a bunch of battles last nite, but I feel way worse tonight.

These requirements made sense in 2017, but even beginners can get awakened toons that make an all one faction team, bloodlust & soul protect very hard to achieve against said defenses.

Besides, the rewards are not worth it. 50 Thor or Valhalla frags (obtainable in clan store) gold coins, IC .... I'd rather watch TV than to feel burdened and humiliated, trying to do these achievements.

Most defenses ARE NOT PARTICIPATING in making it easy.... even in the 500's to 300's rank.

Lone Eddies, really people?
"Wow, I got 2 bloodlusts, only 4,998 more to go."

Few weak defenses have multiple toons, some 2 or 3..... and then they have IMMUNITY!
They either make you waste points & fury trying to remove immunity or survive, that you don't really apply buffs/debuffs to get anywhere.
Then if you lose, all applied Bloodlusts and Soul Protect does NOT count.... you have to win the battle for buffs/negs to count. (Seems kinda contradictory.... ya know winning while using toons that apply that [except Maxed Alchemist.])

I can't figure out if people are ignorant or just don't care.... the two look identical nowadays.
Players throw any crud out there as a weak defense, but put no thought into what it's like to go up against them.
Toons granting the team immunity, or talis such as Valor, Singularity... even Starfire. Really.... thanks for nothing.

I don't know if I'm more pissed at the lack of giving a crud by others or myself for trying to really care and succeed in this Arena event.

JomsVikings is doing well.... we have plenty of time. And I have given my all!
But this bloodlust & soul protect applying, is a slow boat to nowhere in a 2020 broken, bugged, overpowered, cheating AI, Arena.

To my fellow clansmen, I will continue, all for the team..... but the arena stuff has burned me out. If we just let these 2 achievements go, and just go live life, it would be alright with me.

For the record.... I've spent alot of hours in a short amount of days, working on each and every requirement.

Good Luck to all teams!

Devs.... thanks for trying.

Phoenix-7282
03-03-2020, 05:47 AM
I am seeing teams with Angel Eddies, singularities, lone US Cavalry Eddie etc. Can't debuff them without much work :(

scimitar
03-03-2020, 05:58 AM
Of course, it infuriates when people put up the strongest defense for such events. It infuriates that you are forced to fight them without getting the desired effects, and they, without hesitation, take from you what they need. Well, let this help them feel more confident. Most infuriated by updating the list, the same players (20 - 30 people).

Brickster
03-03-2020, 09:11 AM
Clan challenges require everyone to chip in, but some of these challenges are simply not possible for all players. This risks people feeling like they are letting their team down, and others feeling resentful they're missing out on rewards due to other people.

This is so true.
Events like these where there's a limited amount of space to complete the clan achievements (like the sentinel only gauntlet one) polarise the community.
"Why didn't you run your gauntlet battles with sentinel teams?"
"I worked hard for my rewards, but I didn't get them because of you."
"You can't pull your weight."
"We're gonna replace you."

We'll end up with a handful of very strong clans. New players don't stand a chance to get a spot in the clans they read about on the forums.

This will probably get drowned in all the other comments here, but please devs, I really hope you recognize this!

I made a separate thread about this here:
https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?13215-Some-feedback-for-the-devs-about-clan-challenges&p=120903#post120903

Bakura
03-03-2020, 09:12 AM
Arena Defense for event challenges!
Examples below:

DO:

>All 4 defense slots, using basic talismans so def. toons can withstand attacks that apply debuffs. (Celestials guarantee they make it to a second round.)
>DO NOT USE IMMUNITY GRANTING TALIS.
>A victory win is one thing, but empty toons do not allow time for points or fury to build, so attacker can apply buffs/debuffs.

DO NOT:

An Ed that cannot receive negatives, really?7920
Ed w/ a passive that gives infinite immunity or talis that reapply immunity, really?

Some players know this already, I am not addressing them.
Players that don't think it through or give a darn, I am addressing you!

Good intentions are appreciated.... but

the lone Eddie defense went out a year ago when we stopped having just the "Win X amounts of Arena battles."

Since then it has been about NOT ONLY the number of battles won, but also about using faction specific teams or applying X number of buffs/debuffs, and also basic attacks only.

The devs have set almost unrealistic achievement goals in arena events, in a time of innumerable bugs, Awakened OP toons, OP talis, and the obvious AI boost.

Setting defenses similar to the 1st example is just good event etiquette.

This helps everyone achieve the rewards, without making the game a "nightmare," or to many... unplayable/not worth the effort.

I'm sure I will mention this post again in future arena events.
... and remember, "A lone Ed is so 2018" .... break old habits, the game has evolved since then.

Good Luck!

P.S. To players who don't want to participate and/or are trying to place well in Arena, I fully understand and this does not apply to you. Also, I understand an easy win against easy defenses is nice for you, but remember to pay it forward in future events.

Thank you for shopping Wal-Mart.... have a great day! 😁

Yup
03-03-2020, 09:26 AM
I gotta say the Alex Ed really cracks me up when I see it.. Especially Alex with Orbts. here's an easy win.. even though you CAN'T do anything you need to do.

URock
03-03-2020, 10:18 AM
Too many noobs and egoistic bastards out there...

...whimps and posers...LEAVE THE HALL!

Can we pls get some filter in the Arena to exclude noobs and ego-player from the list? TY!

Blade
03-03-2020, 10:27 AM
The clan thing changed a lot. Now it is not so much about we players against the game as it used to be, now it is clans against clans. You can easily see that in a lot of recent posts. And this will become more severe when the other clan features like wars etc. will be released. Of course this also has implications on arena events! I have seen a lot of nasty defenses. But there is no need to attack these teams if you don't like it.
About the lone Ed's: don't forget that this is rather a thing to stay low in ranks to avoid all the stupid moonboy, musashi etc. teams, and not to "help others" in the first place.

URock
03-03-2020, 10:30 AM
But there is no need to attack these teams if you don't like it.

10 Ironite and reload...same stupid defense teams appear...again 10 Ironite and reload...same stupid defense teams appear...game closed because of lost fun...

ARENA needs a workover.

Blade
03-03-2020, 10:41 AM
...or just wait 30 minutes, reload and be pissed again :)
I never payed ironite for arena refresh (well only when the game was stealing the ironite). I lost interest in Arena long ago, staying lower in ranks is the only thing that helps a bit to keep some fun.

Arena already saw a workover and by that you can see what the devs want. It was good to reward top 3, but the deliberate mismatch of points and ranks is a shame. Just like allowing all the overpowered, bugged and glitchy combos. Some chars should have been excluded from Arena. Or the limit we saw in early days regarding "character points" could have been updated for talismans or OP characters. But you know what? Deliberate imbalance is the central concept of freemium games.

URock
03-03-2020, 10:48 AM
@Blade: fully agree!

Shao
03-03-2020, 11:00 AM
+1,
so hard to do this event after 4k...
@dev : can you do something? for a 1st try... You can't stay on a failure !!
the choise of quest can be good, but the number is so hard...

Bakura
03-03-2020, 11:19 AM
About the lone Ed's: don't forget that this is rather a thing to stay low in ranks to avoid all the stupid moonboy, musashi etc. teams, and not to "help others" in the first place.
I understand what you're saying.... BUT when they attack back with an all Magus team using toons to fulfill achievements, it is clearly an indication that they are participating in this event, not just wanting to stay low.
My "instructional" post was for exactly this type of player.
I just wish they would reciprocate appropriately.

Yup
03-03-2020, 11:19 AM
Can someone enlighten me as to why Cyborg Ed now full heals and revives an ally when he gets to 1HP?? Wearing Serenity, Grail, and the Cyborg cosmic that should **NOT** be possible. He does this 3 times before he dies, most often with teams that also have Musashi wearing his cosmic and Yggrisasdasdasd talismans. And it's Musashi that Cyborg Ed revives 3 times. -- did I miss a description somewhere making this "full heal and revive" combo possible?

URock
03-03-2020, 11:34 AM
Can someone enlighten me as to why Cyborg Ed now full heals and revives an ally when he gets to 1HP?? Wearing Serenity, Grail, and the Cyborg cosmic that should **NOT** be possible. He does this 3 times before he dies, most often with teams that also have Musashi wearing his cosmic and Yggrisasdasdasd talismans. And it's Musashi that Cyborg Ed revives 3 times. -- did I miss a description somewhere making this "full heal and revive" combo possible?
https://i.imgflip.com/3r8n1c.jpg

HK-47
03-03-2020, 12:23 PM
Oh crap, that Doomsday Apocalypse and Tiny Tim is mine. Sorry @Bakura, that's my usual arena defence that I haven't changed since the event started. i'll get onto that. Thanks for calling me out on that one.

Brickster
03-03-2020, 12:39 PM

That's exactly what his passive does when max awakened.
The fact that it happens more than once when reaching 1 HP is weird though. I thought passives like that only work once (similar to A Anubis revive)

Stormseye
03-03-2020, 12:55 PM
That is because Killer with Forge resets Cyborg passive so that he can do it multiple times (unspoken exploit). If you leave him till last or with just Moonchild then he will only revive once.

Yup
03-03-2020, 01:52 PM
But I do leave him until last..and he full heals and revives 3 times each time.

I'll keep an eye if forge is in use.. Generally though if they are, they are on Killer.. and he's often the first dead.

I guess I didn't see this in the Cosmic description.. and I did look specifically for anything about reviving and healing... you guys sure it's his cosmic???

AND this wasn't an issue 2 days ago.... so WTF????

Quite honestly.. I was leaning towards it being some sort of a conflict between Mercenary or Thors passives and Cyborg's passive....

Esquatcho
03-03-2020, 02:14 PM
I too will be very interested in some clan stats after this event!

Look, once some of the achievements get ticked off, it does get easier. eg it doesnt take long for the immunity/disable ones to be done. Then clan magus goes quickly. So you are left with bloodlust and soul protec. KP/Alchemist or wicker owl + your favourite OP chars. That can take on many top level teams as in many cases rack up even more bloodlusts and soul protects.

Interestingly, I think the arena challenges are probably harder for higher level teams as they will run into tougher teams more regularly. Whereas lower levels can usually grind arena a bit easier (assuming they have enough SoW!).

Bakura
03-03-2020, 05:10 PM
Oh crap, that Doomsday Apocalypse and Tiny Tim is mine. Sorry @Bakura, that's my usual arena defence that I haven't changed since the event started. i'll get onto that. Thanks for calling me out on that one.

Ok, cool... but I wasn't trying to "call anyone out."

I was just really bummed after losing a bunch cuz very few have weak defenses.
I'm currently in the 700's and most teams have Awakened characters.... nothing is easy.

I have all the relics and high powered cosmics, using Alchemist lvl. 9 Beast Ed, Wicker Owl Evolved lvl. 8, M. Bomberboy, 2 sets of Labs, Alchemy..... and still the AI is merciless. Those toons apply Bloodlust or Soul Protect.
AI targets toons who can disable passives first, slices through Hp like butter and the % chances are much higher for the AI.

I probably should delete my previous post, I was in a black hole when I posted it.

Thanks for being cool!

HK-47
03-03-2020, 11:54 PM
I'm around there too, and I've been focusing on the passive disable one for a bit, which hilariously means that Tiny Tim is being used legitimately on my attack team.

And I wouldn't delete the post. It does contain some useful information

Esquatcho
03-04-2020, 03:46 AM
Yeah I've gone for a mixed team. Cyborg/pew pew/kp/wicker owl. Can handle many awakened teams, but not top level. Im hanging around the 3700 area and there are quite a few teams to pick off still. Mayb 4-5 per refresh...

Which clan will be the first to finish is the big question!?

A huge effort and I reckon some might be close. Maybe a day away to get them finished for active clans?

Muzzleloader
03-04-2020, 03:50 AM
Our clan may finish tomorrow with a little push.

Warlord
03-04-2020, 05:59 AM
Any Other Clans having Issue Getting Rewards ? Seem some in my Clan have not got their Tails ?

Bakura
03-04-2020, 06:41 AM
At the time of this posting, JomsVikings has everything done except we need 600 more battles won.... with 4 days to go.

I landscaped our yard for 7 hours.... get done, check my game and the guys finished bloodlust & soul protect .... way to go clansmen!

I just did 40+ battles.... so collectively we should be done soon.

I hope the next clan challenge will be something better. Won't miss this one anytime soon.

razgriz
03-04-2020, 06:49 AM
Ok, cool... but I wasn't trying to "call anyone out."

I was just really bummed after losing a bunch cuz very few have weak defenses.
I'm currently in the 700's and most teams have Awakened characters.... nothing is easy.

I have all the relics and high powered cosmics, using Alchemist lvl. 9 Beast Ed, Wicker Owl Evolved lvl. 8, M. Bomberboy, 2 sets of Labs, Alchemy..... and still the AI is merciless. Those toons apply Bloodlust or Soul Protect.
AI targets toons who can disable passives first, slices through Hp like butter and the % chances are much higher for the AI.

I probably should delete my previous post, I was in a black hole when I posted it.

Thanks for being cool!

its no different in upper ranks either, maybe 1/4 with low d ( forgot to change mine till about 5hrs ago, sorry), but its funny as hell when ur weak d beats a full awakened team7924

Bakura
03-04-2020, 07:12 AM
its no different in upper ranks either, maybe 1/4 with low d ( forgot to change mine till about 5hrs ago, sorry), but its funny as hell when ur weak d beats a full awakened team7924
Yeah... that AI boost.
I had maxed: Cyborg, Lilith, Moonchild & a Wrathchild.... had a draw against an Alex w/ Orbit and a max Horus w/ Artifacts.
I have artifacts too.... but with the AI using it, Horus cleansed every neg and healed himself and Alex 90% of the time.

I accidently played them again and took out Horus asap w/ marks, and won, but geez... so many ridiculous things happening.
That was around rank 350.

I always love how as soon as a toon gets disabled, they immediately counterstrike according to their passive. Wtf?

razgriz
03-04-2020, 07:31 AM
Any Other Clans having Issue Getting Rewards ? Seem some in my Clan have not got their Tails ?

sorta, i got the none talis right away but the challenges that have the talismans took about 10 minutes to show up which was after i sent in a request to support

razgriz
03-04-2020, 07:36 AM
bakura i've noticed the effects % of attack or passives been going through the roof, faced a domino and she'd freeze 3/4 toons every turn and would get 4-5 xtra turns before she was done

Beddie
03-04-2020, 08:16 PM
Mark this down, Jomsvikings have accomplished all 7 clan achievements.

Esquatcho
03-05-2020, 12:11 AM

Very nice! I wonder if Romeros did it any faster?

GrimDusk
03-05-2020, 01:03 AM
Romero's has not.

Bakura
03-05-2020, 01:23 AM
bakura i've noticed the effects % of attack or passives been going through the roof, faced a domino and she'd freeze 3/4 toons every turn and would get 4-5 xtra turns before she was done
Stormseye and I were talking, and I was complaining about not caring about Arena anymore, due to how ridiculous things have gotten. Even if you know all the rules, it doesn't matter cuz the AI just plays by it's own rules (like pass disable bouncing off of Ferryman cuz the Ed next to him has Fortunes.)
I have seen other enemie's talismans applied to their allies before, totally unfair.

Stormseye was more optimistic, seeing it as a challenge (instead of a broken product) to learn the bugs and devise offense/defense teams to overcome those obstacles.
I understand his thinking, but it seems the bugs are: ever increasing, ever changing, and applicable for the AI side way more than ours.

I believe the day we just accept all the bugs, is the day the devs stop fixing anything and realize they can throw any old product out to us and make $.

BUT.... until then, we will still complain and submit errors to support, while also taking Stormseye's attitude.

With that said, I don't know if anyone has done it, but we need an ever updating document of the current MAJOR bugs, and player's suggestions on how to overcome them.
I'm sure alot of players don't want that "how to overcome" info exposed, cuz it gives them the upper hand, but it would help others and myself, not feel so down and beaten by the AI.

I'm sure Stormseye, who has been public with his Arena ideas & strategies in the past, would contribute, as well as Azagthor (the master of data collecting & documenting) and myself... cuz instructional sharing is in my blood!

So, I'm going to throw out some obvious ones, to get the list going. Not all are bugs, some are just % increases for the AI, or toon/tali combos that make it very hard or likely to be a Draw.

1- Killer- his pass. disable (PD) should only be perf. PD but is applied as regular PD too, and is not always visible. [I use M. LoL w/ Singularity, but Eternal achiever wipp, suggested Sentinel ghost & Singularity, to overcome.]
2- Enemies fully healing w/ Crave.
3- Marks killing your whole team even with Celestials, but stacks of Marks on AI does not nearly as much damage.
4- Sacred talis overpowered on AI.
Alex w/ Metal & Sacreds... your attacks just fully heal him, you can't apply marks, heal block or crave.
5- Moonchild (no buffs/debuffs) heals from Sacred effects from allies.
6- Moonchild w/ Babylon tals, fully heals on 70% of his attacks as well as being attacked.
7- Moonchild fully healing on perf. hits (instead of 20% health) with Vampiric cosmic.
8- Serenity tals/cosmic getting Silver, always FEAR, sometimes perf. death, and they sometimes stop working after Revive.
9- Artifacts especially on Horus, cleanse reg/silver negs from entire team and heal, 85% of the time instead of the described %.
10-Pass. Disabled applied, but a toon counterstrikes w/ his pass disabled.
11- Cyborg not always granting immunity to SLEEP for entire team.
12- Alex w/ Orbits & Horus w/ his T3 & Artifacts. If you don't focus on Horus first, before it's just those two standing, it becomes a nightmare. I almost gave up, but moonchild put Doom on Horus, then my Cyborg was BLIND so he didn't trigger Horus to cleanse. Made it through next round and Doom killed Horus. I have seen other endless healing combos/teams, where every possible attack from every toon against the AI is just a never ending cycle.... even if you can get lowered Hp, you're next ally just fully heals them.
I wish there was an option to "skip a turn."

I could go on, and some of this you really can't plan in advance for.

It's hard to remember all these new Talisman descriptions when they consists of so many %'s and variables.
We have to constantly check the enemie's talis descriptions while in battle, to decipher if it's a bug or if these new talis are just overpowered. Examples are Yggdrasil, Babylon, Starfire & Forge.

"Hellz Yeah!"

Wednesday, March 4th @ 2:16 pm CST
JomsVikings conquered the first Clan Challenges event, in it's entirety!

This day will live on in infamy!

(ok, it's been marked down) 😁

SoulGravity
03-05-2020, 02:28 AM
Is it just me, but this time and the previous time trying to get the eternity talismans from eternity fragments. I tried twice to get a set of these talismans and it shows that the amount in the talisman tab but when you look they are not there. Has anyone else have had this problem or am I getting pranked by the game to blow eternity fragments I have stocked up?

Yup
03-05-2020, 02:32 AM
Does anyone else feel there should be a "skip" button for a character's turn? Or a "defend" button where no action is taken but DEF and MR are boosted some %, and no new buffs (pos or neg) can be applied until your next round begins.

scimitar
03-05-2020, 05:52 AM

This is a good post now. Glad you had the mind to edit it

Maiden
03-05-2020, 07:21 AM
Stormseye and I were talking, and I was complaining about not caring about Arena anymore, due to how ridiculous things have gotten. Even if you know all the rules, it doesn't matter cuz the AI just plays by it's own rules (like pass disable bouncing off of Ferryman cuz the Ed next to him has Fortunes.)
I have seen other enemie's talismans applied to their allies before, totally unfair.

Stormseye was more optimistic, seeing it as a challenge (instead of a broken product) to learn the bugs and devise offense/defense teams to overcome those obstacles.
I understand his thinking, but it seems the bugs are: ever increasing, ever changing, and applicable for the AI side way more than ours.

I believe the day we just accept all the bugs, is the day the devs stop fixing anything and realize they can throw any old product out to us and make $.

BUT.... until then, we will still complain and submit errors to support, while also taking Stormseye's attitude.

With that said, I don't know if anyone has done it, but we need an ever updating document of the current MAJOR bugs, and player's suggestions on how to overcome them.
I'm sure alot of players don't want that "how to overcome" info exposed, cuz it gives them the upper hand, but it would help others and myself, not feel so down and beaten by the AI.

I'm sure Stormseye, who has been public with his Arena ideas & strategies in the past, would contribute, as well as Azagthor (the master of data collecting & documenting) and myself... cuz instructional sharing is in my blood!

So, I'm going to throw out some obvious ones, to get the list going. Not all are bugs, some are just % increases for the AI, or toon/tali combos that make it very hard or likely to be a Draw.

1- Killer- his pass. disable (PD) should only be perf. PD but is applied as regular PD too, and is not always visible. [I use M. LoL w/ Singularity, but Eternal achiever wipp, suggested Sentinel ghost & Singularity, to overcome.]
2- Enemies fully healing w/ Crave.
3- Marks killing your whole team even with Celestials, but stacks of Marks on AI does not nearly as much damage.
4- Sacred talis overpowered on AI.
Alex w/ Metal & Sacreds... your attacks just fully heal him, you can't apply marks, heal block or crave.
5- Moonchild (no buffs/debuffs) heals from Sacred effects from allies.
6- Moonchild w/ Babylon tals, fully heals on 70% of his attacks as well as being attacked.
7- Moonchild fully healing on perf. hits (instead of 20% health) with Vampiric cosmic.
8- Serenity tals/cosmic getting Silver, always FEAR, sometimes perf. death, and they sometimes stop working after Revive.
9- Artifacts especially on Horus, cleanse reg/silver negs from entire team and heal, 85% of the time instead of the described %.
10-Pass. Disabled applied, but a toon counterstrikes w/ his pass disabled.
11- Cyborg not always granting immunity to SLEEP for entire team.
12- Alex w/ Orbits & Horus w/ his T3 & Artifacts. If you don't focus on Horus first, before it's just those two standing, it becomes a nightmare. I almost gave up, but moonchild put Doom on Horus, then my Cyborg was BLIND so he didn't trigger Horus to cleanse. Made it through next round and Doom killed Horus. I have seen other endless healing combos/teams, where every possible attack from every toon against the AI is just a never ending cycle.... even if you can get lowered Hp, you're next ally just fully heals them.
I wish there was an option to "skip a turn."

I could go on, and some of this you really can't plan in advance for.

It's hard to remember all these new Talisman descriptions when they consists of so many %'s and variables.
We have to constantly check the enemie's talis descriptions while in battle, to decipher if it's a bug or if these new talis are just overpowered. Examples are Yggdrasil, Babylon, Starfire & Forge.

"Hellz Yeah!"

Wednesday, March 4th @ 2:16 pm CST
JomsVikings conquered the first Clan Challenges event, in it's entirety!

This day will live on in infamy!

(ok, it's been marked down) 😁

Hi Bakura, I had done a post (Compendium of the Bugged (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12734-Compendium-of-Bugged-Chars-Talismans)) where I learned a couple of things:

- First time you post it, Devs really see it and fix things (when I published that post, they fixed Minotaur passive and other chars) it was amazing to do something that had an impact in the game.
- Then slowly they don´t give you any more feedback, so you don't know if the post it's being read or not.
- People also got the blame, they started to call bug to EVERYTHING without the single analysis so that the post and every bug complaint got diluted.

In order to keep a bug post healthy, we maybe should do a new post every month or so, deleting or forgetting the old one and pushing the new one...

Olevipoeg
03-05-2020, 08:04 AM
I have seen Killer and Prisoner ignoring any talisman passives this includes Singularity and Banshee Cosmic talismans passive. I had Singularity on M LoL and Banshee Cosmic on Sentinel Banshee and Killer disabled passives of 2 my chars and Moonchils stunned all + applied doom on Banshee. It happens mostly on first turn.

Madrik
03-05-2020, 09:43 AM
What I find strange is how a toon with no passive gets PD’d anyway like cyborg he’s not fully awakened so doesn’t have a passive, I know it’s a NE but surely that should only work on toons with a passive, I’m using cyborg, Caria, G lillith and A Hierophant as my attack team, only lillith, Caria and hierophant has passives but those still work from time to time even with pd applied So there’s defo something not working right

Madrik
03-05-2020, 09:52 AM
The most annoying thing is when you have either killed or stunned a toon, sometimes disappears completely but still able to take turns or if it’s stunned you get the effect but it’s still able to attack. But never ever works when it happens to you

Azagthor
03-05-2020, 02:03 PM
Well done Joms, nice work! Who is going to come second, the race is on.

Azagthor (the master of data collecting & documenting)
A very polite way to say "massive nerd" :p :cool:

I don't know too much about PvP, but I think because there are so many possible interactions between characters and talismans, there are plenty of opportunities for things to go wrong. Effects triggering in unexpected orders, or not working as expected. Would be really nice to know if there is an overall hierarchy of what effects happen first, or if it's determined on a per-ability/talisman basis. Global rules, or individual cases?

Does anyone else feel there should be a "skip" button for a character's turn? Or a "defend" button where no action is taken but DEF and MR are boosted some %, and no new buffs (pos or neg) can be applied until your next round begins.

That would be so wonderful! Although would drastically reduce the effectiveness of Starfires... which is 95% of why I would use a Defend/Skip option :P

Yup
03-05-2020, 02:37 PM
That would be so wonderful! Although would drastically reduce the effectiveness of Starfires... which is 95% of why I would use a Defend/Skip option :P

My thought was that you would only be able to use the skip/defend once per battle and not the first 1 or 2 turns. That way it's not really an attack tool in the sense you'd "save' yourself from Starfires.

Bakura
03-05-2020, 04:17 PM
Hi Bakura, I had done a post (Compendium of the Bugged (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12734-Compendium-of-Bugged-Chars-Talismans))
Nice! I'm gonna have to look that whole post over and study it sometime. I know alot of those bugs are still happening.

Good job.👍

The most annoying thing is when you have either killed or stunned a toon, sometimes disappears completely but still able to take turns or if it’s stunned you get the effect but it’s still able to attack. But never ever works when it happens to you
Yes. I can't tell you how many times it drove me nutz last summer when ghosting & doom became real popular and the AI characters would die, but you still saw their Hp meter while they invisibly attacked.... especially when they had perfect heal shield, like Gambler.

There's nothing like fighting to stay alive and having to kill enemy toons twice. It's like 5 toons to 4. Totally unfair.

I would definitely add that to my list posted above.

Azagthor is right.... so many variables going on, no wonder Arena is like mayhem sometimes.
The big issue is the order in which passives, buffs, and debuffs are applied.

It seems like the devs fixes are all just "band aids" in the coding. The game could probably use a whole rebuild from the ground up.
But I believe Navigator Games is the third developer to run this game, so they're probably just building on someone else's foundation.

....and yes, it seems I may have gotten off topic regarding the discussion on bugs, but this is primarily an Arena event, so I think talking about Arena Bugs is somewhat un-avoidable.

Sidney
03-05-2020, 04:23 PM

Hell yeah!!!

I may have to add "Proud member of Jomsvikings" to my signature as well... :-)

Azagthor
03-07-2020, 09:04 AM
Frogs of War have reached the finish line with a full day to spare. Well done everyone! :D

Brickster
03-07-2020, 09:35 AM
Romero's Legion checking in. We got them all done!
Good job, team!

Akuma
03-07-2020, 10:37 AM
Can I join one of your clans? The one I picked at the beginning is dead, so I’m ready leave. I play daily from Tokyo and I spend money.

- Akuma-4823 -

\m/(. .)\m/

MuzakMaker
03-07-2020, 04:22 PM
Just a warning: the arena refresh is still stealing ironite if you get a server disconnect while refreshing.

Another kick in the face during this grindathon.

Iced_Earth
03-07-2020, 04:44 PM
I wroted a Ticket cuz i didnt received the two niflheim Talis from clan challenges. Still no answer...

ZorglubZ
03-07-2020, 04:49 PM
I just beat Odin IX, but then I got froze out, with a "check your internet connection" error! 😡

Maiden
03-07-2020, 05:23 PM
Arena is eating Ironite from 10 to 10 again, be careful guys!

Muzzleloader
03-07-2020, 05:27 PM
If you try and refresh the arena and get an error, immediately logout without hitting any buttons. If you try and acknowledge it may take ironite several times.

If you logout it will not steel your ironite. Log back in, it either refreshed the list or you can try again for free.

Maiden
03-07-2020, 05:39 PM
Sadly isn´t the case, the game started to lag while I was at the Arena screen, immediately force logout but anyway lost 20 ironite, maybe I would have lost even more yes, but just pay attention everyone!

ritchbe
03-07-2020, 05:43 PM
I just beat Odin IX, but then I got froze out, with a "check your internet connection" error! ��

For me the progress wasn't recorded after the game froze, so I (clan) lost the team and progress (would've cleared him) I've made.

MuzakMaker
03-07-2020, 09:44 PM
If you try and refresh the arena and get an error, immediately logout without hitting any buttons. If you try and acknowledge it may take ironite several times.

If you logout it will not steel your ironite. Log back in, it either refreshed the list or you can try again for free.

This time it happened without acknowledging any prompt. Sucks that this is still an issue especially when asking for the inane 500 wins.

jstrickPhoto
03-08-2020, 10:33 PM
I got screwed in the arena as well. Two minutes to the end-of-day, I was King IV/#347. When I could finally get into the game around 30 minutes later, I was Warlord II and #1009 or something ridiculous like that. Additionally, I too had refreshed combatants a few times and lost Ironite when they didn't change. First time I really pushed hard in Arena and felt I got screwed-over.

Muzzleloader
03-08-2020, 10:41 PM
The continual loss of ironite sucks. When you are close to an arena level you cant count on what is showing in you arena screen. Many are battling until the last moment. The lower in ranking the more you are bunched, one win or loss can change rankings significantly.

Madrik
03-08-2020, 11:14 PM
I got screwed in the arena as well. Two minutes to the end-of-day, I was King IV/#347. When I could finally get into the game around 30 minutes later, I was Warlord II and #1009 or something ridiculous like that. Additionally, I too had refreshed combatants a few times and lost Ironite when they didn't change. First time I really pushed hard in Arena and felt I got screwed-over.

did you check your defense tab to see how many times you got attacked. i was in king iv with a score of over 3900 but rank 793 for some stupid reason, couldn't get in at all after roll over so don't know what my final place was. and i think im about 100 ironite down cus the bloody thing kept coming up connection error after i preseed to refresh. i've raised a ticket to find out what my final rank was, cus i checked my def tab and was only attacked 6 times so deduct 8 points per attack still would mean i should have been in king iv not duelist v so something has screwed up somewhere plus the fact i haven't received any rewards for arena or clan achievements completed

Madrik
03-09-2020, 07:31 PM
Proper pissed now just done Odin for over 9m damage and beat him with gunner banshee 1 on 1 no reward no record of completing it after a pissing connection error come on ffs sort this shit out devs

Madrik
03-09-2020, 07:50 PM

see attached pic