PDA

View Full Version : Updates from the News Frontier - March 5th 2020

Ceeg_LOTB
03-06-2020, 12:05 AM
Welcome to the News Frontier.

This week we started our month long Mega Event, Nameless Nights, and introduced Live After Death Eddie. Just today we released Raid Boss, a new feature built into Clans. We still have a lot more to come this month so let’s get into it!

Team Up Tuesday is returning

I have noticed a lot more posts on both the Forum and Facebook about players needing a clan to play with. Finding a Clan is more important than ever with the release of Odin, the Raid Boss.

So with that in mind, I will be bringing back Team Up Tuesday! It will be a Reddit post, simply for the post style as it allows for a comment to be threaded. This will make it easy for Clan Leaders to post their clan name and have potential members post their usernames below to get recruited.

I will be posting a link to it on the Forum and all Social channels to make it easy for everyone to join in!

Raid Boss - Odin

Many of you will have met Odin in his hall at this point. Hope you all liked this little surprise the team has been diligently working towards.

One note that I would like to make on fighting Odin: remember that this is a Clan effort and should be approached as such. No one member of a Clan will be able to complete it alone! So talk with your Clan in the chat, decide on members to attack first. Save the stronger teams to attack the later levels.

We have received some messages about Freezing (not Odin's Freeze ability) while fighting the Raid Boss. If you come across this, please take a minute to document the characters and Talismans you were using in this fight, as well as roughly how long you have been in battle. When you have that, you can send it in a Support ticket to the team via the in game options menu, or directly at support@ironmaidenlegacy.com.

If you missed it, we also added a Raid Boss section to our Clan guide! This will explain the mechanics of how your entire Clan can come together and defeat this behemoth god.

If any of the Clans make it to Odin X today, please comment below!

Lastly, I’ve got the image below as my computer wallpaper, so I thought some of you might want it too! I kept the image quality as high as I could!

Signing off,

Ceeg

Zugzwang
03-06-2020, 12:08 AM
Ceeg,

1,000,000 clan raid points in the time allotted seems impossible. Can you elaborate on that please?

Thanks.

Yup
03-06-2020, 12:25 AM
Jomsviking is in Odin X now.

Couple notes: SOB accumulate MUCH too slowly and are FAR too costly to purchase 1.

And I agree 1M pts seems impossible in a week.

Ceeg_LOTB
03-06-2020, 12:27 AM
Ceeg,

1,000,000 clan raid points in the time allotted seems impossible. Can you elaborate on that please?

Thanks.

It's very challenging, for sure. We do not expect players to reach the top for the first few weeks. There are going to be some strategies that the Clans will be able to work on to maximize their potential rewards, but that will take time.

This is also a shorter reset period than it will normally be going forward.

One last thing, Sands of Blood will be available over the course of the month as rewards from events etc, so keep an eye out for those opportunities!

Edit: We are also keeping an eye on feedback and data to see how everyone is handling the Raid Boss. This will let us make changes as we need!

Yup
03-06-2020, 12:29 AM
One last thing, Sands of Blood will be available over the course of the month as rewards from events etc, so keep an eye out for those opportunities!

That alleviates some of it, depending upon how they are rewarded and how much.

----------------

Please, for the love of all that's holy.. look into the instability issue for iOS. This app crashes when running dungeons like it's meant to be a feature.

SyTreXx
03-06-2020, 04:14 AM
Jomsviking is in Odin X now.

Couple notes: SOB accumulate MUCH too slowly and are FAR too costly to purchase 1.

And I agree 1M pts seems impossible in a week.

Do Odin X drops Thor/Valhalla frags?

Olevipoeg
03-06-2020, 06:41 AM
Do Odin X drops Thor/Valhalla frags?
Yes. It does. But right now every fight seems to get Connecting error at the end. And no rewards awarded.

Cefiar
03-06-2020, 07:00 AM
Many of you will have met Odin in his hall at this point. Hope you all liked this little surprise the team has been diligently working towards.

The thing I didn't like about this "surprise" was the timing of it. I mean really DO NOT LIKE. I know you're proud of this, but don't drop this when many people are already dealing with 2 events running at once with fairly high levels of participation required. It's just getting too much.

All that this sort of thing does is create player burnout, which will result in your player base shrinking.

Mario.Ahner
03-06-2020, 07:59 AM
Fixing bugs would have been a much greater surprise

Yup
03-06-2020, 09:22 AM
So as things stand you get 2 SOB per day.. just 2.. MAYBE 3. Really kind of sad.

Brickster
03-06-2020, 10:21 AM
I think the SOB regen rate is fine. The time I spend in these battles is pretty long. So for me two or three battles a day is more than enough.

Inishmore
03-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Well, I agree, this was a really nice surprise. since I don't have that many stability issues on my android phone it is time to say thank you to the devs. Yes, there are two time consuming events going on right now, but then again, every event is sort of time consuming, so there is no acutally good time to go live.

I think the game really moved in the right direction in the last couple of months, and after some conerns last fall I again really enjoy the time i spend in LOTB. So besides all the cirtisicm on the forum, here it is: THANK YOU DEVS!

MuzakMaker
03-06-2020, 12:41 PM
The thing I didn't like about this "surprise" was the timing of it. I mean really DO NOT LIKE. I know you're proud of this, but don't drop this when many people are already dealing with 2 events running at once with fairly high levels of participation required. It's just getting too much.

All that this sort of thing does is create player burnout, which will result in your player base shrinking.

Considering that you only get 2 or maybe 3 runs a day. Not much burnout from me with this new content. However there's no desire to play it either. SOB is expensive and takes forever to refill, getting out of even F rewards seems impossible, and there are plenty of other things to do in this app (like spending all that time cranking out arena and cosmos for the grinding events going on right now) that actually provide rewards.

No burnout here, but for something they've been teasing and gloating about: 1/10. The only reason it's not 0? I haven't had any crashes yet

Freddy
03-06-2020, 02:25 PM
I'm not a fan of your team/toons being locked out. I think that this could work, but differently. I'd suggest that once you finish an Odin level, your team is available again, similar to Gauntlet.

Galactic Cosmos
03-06-2020, 03:32 PM
Romeros Legion has hit Odin X and successfully killed him. Good job to all the others as well who hit it

Delegreg
03-06-2020, 04:02 PM
We need some clarification on raid points. Three different players playing Odin X, got three different amounts of points (400, 450 and 800). Even though two of them got almost identical damage output (500k, 2M and 2M). I'm not talking about 10%, but straight double points for one of us. How does that work ?

Ceeg_LOTB
03-06-2020, 04:30 PM

I can understand your sentiment here. But Raid Boss is not a time limited thing like the events. As a separate entity, it is something that we could release when it was ready.

Ceeg

Ceeg_LOTB
03-06-2020, 04:35 PM
We need some clarification on raid points. Three different players playing Odin X, got three different amounts of points (400, 450 and 800). Even though two of them got almost identical damage output (500k, 2M and 2M). I'm not talking about 10%, but straight double points for one of us. How does that work ?

Hey! I think we would need more information so I can get you a proper answer here. Are you able to send us a ticket with the three usernames and roughly the time of these battles? You can send them in a support ticket with *Attn: Ceeg* in the title and I will get it and get it checked out as soon as I can. Thanks!

Beddie
03-06-2020, 04:41 PM
Romeros Legion has hit Odin X and successfully killed him. Good job to all the others as well who hit it
Don’t mean to brag but Joms did it first

RobG-9641
03-06-2020, 04:52 PM
Don’t mean to brag but Joms did it first

What happens when you kill Odin level 10? Done? Dungeon resets? Just repeat play open levels for points?

Delegreg
03-06-2020, 05:08 PM
Hey! I think we would need more information so I can get you a proper answer here. Are you able to send us a ticket with the three usernames and roughly the time of these battles? You can send them in a support ticket with *Attn: Ceeg* in the title and I will get it and get it checked out as soon as I can. Thanks!

Delegreg-9567, Bigblock-8871 and Gravez-2021, roughly three hours ago.

Delegreg
03-06-2020, 05:10 PM
What happens when you kill Odin level 10? Done? Dungeon resets? Just repeat play open levels for points?

Repeat play.

Delegreg
03-06-2020, 05:39 PM
Delegreg-9567, Bigblock-8871 and Gravez-2021, roughly three hours ago.

Update, Doomsday-6534, highest damage yet (2.5M), 600 points.

Stormseye
03-06-2020, 05:43 PM
Upon weekly reset will we need to unlock all 10 levels again or will be be able to start attacking level X? Also some of us are not getting rewards when Odin is killed on X. Sometimes it shows a connection error and we get nothing.

Amarthir
03-06-2020, 05:45 PM

Will something be done about not getting rewards for finishing a match with Odin? This happened to me twice today.

MuzakMaker
03-06-2020, 06:03 PM
I can understand your sentiment here. But Raid Boss is not a time limited thing like the events. As a separate entity, it is something that we could release when it was ready.

Ceeg

In other words. Screw what the players want, we don't care.

Muzzleloader
03-06-2020, 06:12 PM
Then a 10 levels are open, play for points andcrewards

Mateja
03-06-2020, 06:17 PM
In other words. Screw what the players want, we don't care.

In other words this is like gauntlet and arena. You have all week to do it, every week. And playing through it is completely optional.

From another angle, skull quest/cosmos event takes literally no time to do and arena event is just playing arena as much as you care. We don't have 2 overlapping grind events or something similar that would warrant that much complaining.

MuzakMaker
03-06-2020, 07:01 PM
In other words this is like gauntlet and arena. You have all week to do it, every week. And playing through it is completely optional.

From another angle, skull quest/cosmos event takes literally no time to do and arena event is just playing arena as much as you care. We don't have 2 overlapping grind events or something similar that would warrant that much complaining.

It's easier for you since you're in a clan that everyone pulls their weight. I don't have time to grind out arena battles in the horrible arena meta and grind out 500 cosmos battles (and screw that insanity challenge. Rewards just aren't worth it for an unnecessarily difficult dungeon).

My comment however was directed at Ceeg's attitude. As he said this wasn't tied to an event so it could have happened whenever and it was still pushed out during 2 grinding events.

True it's not a big time commitment with the hours it takes to regenerate the SOB for a fight that takes little time but that is a more of a reason why I don't care about Raids in their current state

Maiden
03-06-2020, 07:27 PM
I do believe starting the Clan events with Arena it was a really, really bad idea, among every possible thing to do arena is the less attractive in general. Even arena stand-alone events are just annoying and a lot of ppl just skip them... Now sum up the actual bugged state of the arena and the high requirements (3k playing is really a lot) you got these results... only 3 or 4 clans completed the challenges so far, and a lot of ppl got frustrated... more time to do arena or fewer requirements it would have been better imo.

Yup
03-06-2020, 08:23 PM
Please, for the love of all that's holy.. look into the instability issue for iOS. This app crashes when running dungeons like it's meant to be a feature.

So it's a trade off.. if the Quality setting is on "low" the crashes are MUCH less prevalent.. but.. some items like Mark of Diablo do NOT appear on the "low" setting.

Delegreg
03-06-2020, 09:58 PM
Just tried two raid boss matches and got two consecutive game freezes before battle started. 8 toons locked, 2 sands wasted, no rewards, ticket sent, #52808.

Zugzwang
03-07-2020, 02:55 AM
I also lost a total of 3 Sand of Blood over the last 24 hours due to the game locking up. Once was when Odin X was at 0.01% of course. The other 2 were random. Ticket # is 52823

Saigrim
03-07-2020, 03:55 AM
Order of Eld has taken down Odin X twice, that I know of at least, probably more. I’d have to say though that the numbers required to reach any rewards worth the effort are a bit steep. We are also two achievements away from completion of the event, and I don’t want to count our little chickens too soon, but it’s definitely doable.

The rewards I’ve seen come across my screen are pretty uninspiring.

Cefiar
03-07-2020, 04:01 AM

Ceeg

Hi Ceeg,

That doesn't make the game any less busy or time-consuming though, which was my whole point. There's now a whole new section of the game open that basically I'm not exploring as I'm already too busy, due to the existing events. I have not run one single raid yet, because the time I have has been put into getting the clan I am in over all the event goals.

I'll keep playing till at least the last clan event of the month. After that, I'll make my decision.

So far, it's looking like it's not worth me staying.