PDA

View Full Version : Issue due to inactive clan leader

CRAVEN19827
03-06-2020, 09:53 PM
My clan's leader seems to be inactive a long time ago. Could the devs substitute him with another member, or should we just leave the clan?

Beddie
03-06-2020, 09:57 PM
My thought would be for all of you to leave the clan and basically re-enact Lord Of The Flies to see who’ll become the new clan leader

Brakius
03-06-2020, 10:23 PM
My thought would be for all of you to leave the clan and basically re-enact Lord Of The Flies to see who’ll become the new clan leader

While the situation sucks, the Lord of the Flies reenactment is hilarious.

It has already been posted in the rules that Support will not kick clan members, let alone a leader. After all the leader put forth the gold to create the clan.
Best to all leave and start a new one or join an existing clan.

Yup
03-06-2020, 10:34 PM
Oh man.. that sucks.

There should be some automated mechanism that if the clan leader is inactive for X days they are *automatically* kicked and replaced with the first officer or top contributor. After all, it's not out of line to expect the clan leader to shoulder the responsibility of at least playing the app.

Saigrim
03-07-2020, 04:23 AM
Yeah, that does suck. Sadly, it probably won’t be the last guild it happens to. Thirty days and the First Officer should be allowed to take the torch.

Just remember, we really don’t know each other on a personal level. He may have been eaten by a goat or a million other bizarre reasons why he up and disappeared. You just never know.

CRAVEN19827
03-07-2020, 12:49 PM
How can we reenact? I cannot find it in the forum

Maiden
03-07-2020, 05:29 PM
Yeah, that does suck. Sadly, it probably won’t be the last guild it happens to. Thirty days and the First Officer should be allowed to take the torch.

Just remember, we really don’t know each other on a personal level. He may have been eaten by a goat or a million other bizarre reasons why he up and disappeared. You just never know.

I just pictured it like Sean Bean and his one millon ways to die in movies xD

Ancient Mariner
03-07-2020, 06:09 PM

lol man this made me giggle :D ...and that's true

Saigrim
03-07-2020, 07:16 PM
I questioned why my brain came up with that first and foremost after I had posted. Hope I just didn’t prophesies my own death by goat.

Of course, after I saw the movie Witch I told my wife I wanted a black goat I could name Black Phillip. I’ve now changed my mind.

slauki
03-07-2020, 08:23 PM
just implement some automated kicking after x inactive days and the issue is solved

Cefiar
03-08-2020, 12:48 AM
IMO if the clan leader(s) go inactive, then perhaps the penalty for not being able to join another clan for 24 hrs could be reduced if that's the case?

No idea how you'd detect that, but it would at least be considerate for those that are stuck in that situation.

MuzakMaker
03-08-2020, 08:13 PM
IMO if the clan leader(s) go inactive, then perhaps the penalty for not being able to join another clan for 24 hrs could be reduced if that's the case?

No idea how you'd detect that, but it would at least be considerate for those that are stuck in that situation.

Judging by the dev's and CS prior statements that's asking too much. Best bet is to quit the clan as soon as the rollover for raids happens, wait 24 hours and then join a new clan. It sucks but we aren't given a choice.