PDA

View Full Version : Ed Hunter

The Educated fool
07-07-2016, 08:51 PM
I think it's only fitting that the first video game thread posted here references Maiden's first foray into the gaming world. Anyone else play this one? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Hunter) While not nearly as sophisticated as Legacy of the Beast, I really enjoyed this game, back in the day. It was always a kick to waste the four horsemen... if there's ever been a more metal video game final battle, I haven't played it!

eddiejose
07-08-2016, 09:31 AM
I played Ed Hunter years ago, and I enjoyed it too. I could only beat the game once but it was amazing! The downside for me it's that you couldn't save the game, so if you got killed you had to start again...

The Educated fool
07-09-2016, 01:47 AM
Yeah, it was pretty unforgiving, for sure!

I never found all of the band members during the game either... (they represented 1-ups, I seem to recall). I think I could find all but Steve Harris. lol

Nekroliun
08-14-2016, 10:05 AM
Is it still available, i is there a place u can get it from? I heard u could get it from the ed hunter tour that happened in 1999...

The Educated fool
08-15-2016, 12:42 AM
I don't know of anywhere it's currently available, but I haven't really looked into it. You'd think, with all of Maiden's fans, that someone, somewhere might have emulated it...

Nekroliun
08-15-2016, 07:22 AM
Ye i guess ur right, well if no official copy exists its time to search in the sea of cracks, the internet

Ive hesrd that its just a house of the dead clone, who cares house of the dead was awesome, so that + maiden music would be even better

The Educated fool
08-17-2016, 08:58 PM
I liked it a lot better than any House of the Dead game I've ever played, myself.

aXe
07-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Tbh it wasn't very good. An on the rails shooter on a PC is a bit disappointing. Not to mention 99% of players wouldn't have had a lightgun either so they wouldn't have got the proper experience.

The Educated fool
07-01-2018, 12:44 AM
Tbh it wasn't very good. An on the rails shooter on a PC is a bit disappointing. Not to mention 99% of players wouldn't have had a lightgun either so they wouldn't have got the proper experience.

I definitely didn't have a light gun when I played it myself, but Operation Wolf for NES had conditioned me to moving crosshairs across the screen, so I dug it fine. :cool:

It was just fun to have a game based on Iron Maiden to play, to be honest. It still kinda is too, despite all of the outstanding problems. Happy Anniversary, LOTB! Cheers! :cool:

Amarthir
07-01-2018, 03:54 AM
The music album part of it was actually my first Iron Maiden album. Pretty great set.

Patrice-1201
07-02-2018, 08:00 AM
Yeah sweet memory. I actually really enjoyed that game

Rory
10-31-2018, 05:57 PM
Oh hey ! I remember that game ! I have the discs somewhere around as well.

I also remember being bad at it. :p

I wonder if I can get it to run on my current PC.

The Educated fool
11-02-2018, 09:03 PM
Oh hey ! I remember that game ! I have the discs somewhere around as well.

I also remember being bad at it. :p

I wonder if I can get it to run on my current PC.

I sincerely doubt it... but if you do manage to, let me know how you did it! :cool:

Aristo4
11-03-2018, 09:41 PM
What a garbage this was, even for its time.

Muzzleloader
11-03-2018, 11:13 PM
I liked the game. Throwing teddy bears and poison was kind of cool. The four horseman was worth reaching. The game was time consuming since you couldn't save your place.

The Educated fool
11-06-2018, 11:13 PM
It was simple, but fun... it didn't take itself too seriously. :cool: Rather like this one... most of the time. ;) Minus the simple, of course...