PDA

View Full Version : March 31st 2020 Update Discussion

Leviathan
03-31-2020, 11:40 PM
This is the main post to discuss general changes from the recent update.

You can see the details of the update that has just gone live in the Game Updates forum post (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?13328-Game-Update-March-31-2020).

infinite dreamer
03-31-2020, 11:55 PM
It's nice that you're extending the Eternal Sin event, especially for the IOS users, but what you guys did with the Banshees was really dishonest.

Yup
04-01-2020, 01:15 AM
Still nothing for iOS....

jstrickPhoto
04-01-2020, 03:29 AM
Still nothing for iOS....

and 2 hours later, still nothing yet for iOS....

GotN
04-01-2020, 03:33 AM
10 (!!!) hours now off for iOS players!!!
DEVS what are you going to do about this???

rags-6094
04-01-2020, 03:37 AM
Could the Devs please look into the update, by my understanding frags for the previous event sinful frags are supposed to be dropping for the next 20 odd hours.. I haven’t seen one drop...

thealchemist
04-01-2020, 03:41 AM
I dont think the eternal sin event has been extended. If so where are the frags???

Phoenix-7282
04-01-2020, 04:15 AM
Thanks for improving talisman management. Much appreciated.

Yup
04-01-2020, 04:43 AM
10 (!!!) hours now off for iOS players!!!
DEVS what are you going to do about this???

The April Fools joke is their app updates.

dragonmat89
04-01-2020, 07:28 AM
I'm on Android and managed to get in last night (UK) after the update but can't do anything this morning. I can get to the home screen but that's it - anything else just causes the game to hang. Are there server issues as well as the iOS problems?

natasar
04-01-2020, 07:36 AM
I dont think the eternal sin event has been extended. If so where are the frags???

Indeed. Seems that only the timer for event missions has been extended. No frag drops to be seen anywhere. Very disappointing, since I was still farming for my last 400 frags needed, when this update did kick in.

Do not get it why one should push an update in the last couple hours of an event...

Wanderer
04-01-2020, 08:12 AM
Thanks for improving talisman management. Much appreciated.

This! Thank you also from my side

Wanderer
04-01-2020, 08:14 AM
I'm on Android and managed to get in last night (UK) after the update but can't do anything this morning. I can get to the home screen but that's it - anything else just causes the game to hang. Are there server issues as well as the iOS problems?

Same here, Can't play at all from IOS or Android, but I could play a few runs after updating

scimitar
04-01-2020, 08:34 AM
Everything is buggy. A persistent connection error. You go into the raid. Writes: failed to sell talis8085

scott-5496
04-01-2020, 09:11 AM
Ios here and I cannot get into the game at all. See the load screen but the bar never starts and it crashes.

Any fix happening soon?

Madrik
04-01-2020, 09:32 AM
Are these idiots actually testing these updates before they are released come ffs devs your quick enough to take our money but you won’t fix a broken app

scott-5496
04-01-2020, 09:46 AM
I can get into IOS through my older ipad account but still nothing except a crash on my main account on my iPhone.

My kids android accounts both seem fine from what I can tell.

JawS
04-01-2020, 10:23 AM
Thanks for adding the search option.
A way to vastly improve this though, would be the option to search which character is wearing a particular talisman.
e.g. In My Teams with the Stats tab selected, hit Search, type Artifact and it then shows any characters wearing Artifacts.

zamasu
04-01-2020, 10:37 AM
Sinful Fragments are not dropping anymore in LoL. I thoughg the event wax extended fir 1 day?

URock
04-01-2020, 10:42 AM
On Android game is freezing on starting a battle against Odin.

Doomsday667
04-01-2020, 11:45 AM
On android game freeze right after login

slauki
04-01-2020, 11:52 AM
so you guys sell banshees and then you change their value for the odin raids? this is an unethical and dirty business approach which results in pure disrespect for every paying customer.
i'm fully aware that the exploit wasn't intended, but if you decide to sell these toons you have to ensure that they keep their value, otherwise it's just a desperate money grab. basicly this behaviour doesn't deserve any money, it's just an exploitation of your loyal customers. i hope that these things will backfire in the mid and the longterm....

Nicko
04-01-2020, 12:29 PM
iOS update arrived. Everything is smooth and seamless on iOS. Gameplay is like butter...

April Fools!!!!

Yes, update is here, but it’s so buggy - spinning load wheels left and right - it’s basically unplayable.

edsel
04-01-2020, 12:45 PM
Oh I get it now. The Banshees will work like they used to starting tomorrow and this nerf is our April fools

zamasu
04-01-2020, 01:00 PM
Oh I get it now. The Banshees will work like they used to starting tomorrow and this nerf is our April fools

Wishful thinking lol

GotN
04-01-2020, 01:29 PM
Game is totally unplayable here too. Endless loading times, crashes,... Congrats frogs, you messed it up again!
Ah, sorry, April Fools!

Madrik
04-01-2020, 02:13 PM
Random freezes, spinning logos left right and centre on my iPhone X can’t even click events tab cus it just hangs so have to exit but then it’s still the same after it finally reloads after about 3 minutes

Blade
04-01-2020, 02:58 PM
Some thoughts about the update:

Bad:
- timing was terrible! End of 2 big events is the worst timing one can choose. Events got prolonged partially, ok, still screwed many players. Please do updates after events are over or midterm.
- red message was saying "server restart". Please write "update", so that we know it will take hours instead of minutes.
- iOS/Android offset again several hours. This creates a lot of frustration every time.
- game is extremely unstable now; long loading, disconnects etc., can't even open Arena.
- Banshees are strange now, there is no entry in the update notes about them or healing shields, and you sold them for cash a few days ago (see other posts above); this is pure rip-off and against all moral ethics (and hopefully just an april's fools!!).
- sorting of tallis is a complete mess. It is the exact same mistake like for characters back then. Please revert both or at least add an option to sort by name.

Good:
- the search function is nice (hopfeully it work directly while we type let's say after 3 letters in the future).

Thanks guys for working on our beloved game, but I'm sure you can see for yourself that it didn't go well this time.

Volrath
04-01-2020, 03:23 PM
The update finally showed up for ioS, but the game is virtually unplayable. If I'm able to even get in, I can't do the clan check in, I can't look at the new event challenges, I can't do much of anything.

Please fix this and give some serious thought to streamlining this whole process in the future.

Natasmai
04-01-2020, 03:31 PM
To be devils advocate, dont wait until the last minute to try to finish the events when you know from a longstanding history that they will ALWAYS do this at the end of the event. They cant risk having a single day go by without an event running or some players will bitch about that as well, so they must have the next event loaded and ready before the previous ends... It bullshit, I know and agree, but its clearly the standard they have set, so try not to put yourselves in this position. (and yes, I know not everyone has the ability to knock the event out quickly, but a few more runs each day, spread across the entire event, could allow that lost day not have any impact).

On to the patch discussion....

When we could rely on Banshee's to help cover raid points for us, having the raid freeze on start, freeze during battle, crashes, etc... was not a huge deal. It was annoying certainly, but it is "Beta" so I could accept it.
However, after you "acknowledged" their usefulness by selling them, essentially confirming for us that they were working as intended, many of us spent cash and other resources to acquire them, now they are less than useless. Now, every good team we have is essential in trying to gain raid points and we cannot have our teams lost to incompetent failures on the part of the game. The stability of the raid MUST be improved. Or more reasonably, the effect of the banshee cosmic MUST be returned to its original performance.

The search and sorting functions are less that useless for the talisman. Its great that you are trying to improve these functions, but maybe dont bother with this incremental updates if they are just going to destroy the rest of the game in the process. Wait until the function is actually useful before adding it to the game.

hugoW
04-01-2020, 04:22 PM
I just need to drop fragments from the LoL dungeon missing 200, is that difficult to solve?

Tim28213
04-01-2020, 05:28 PM
Sinful Soul fragments are dropping again as of the server reboot. I just confirmed.

Natasmai
04-01-2020, 05:55 PM
so the game was barely playable. you reboot the server AGAIN and somehow you manage to make the game worse? You guys really are MASTERS of failure

Muzzleloader
04-01-2020, 06:00 PM
At least the new event will be doable given the time we have.

Madrik
04-01-2020, 06:20 PM
Gauntlet is also not working as soon as you press battle it hangs and takes your toons so can’t hit the achievement or get higher up in gauntlet, banshee is friggin useless cus her cosmic, the new cosmics don’t work cus it still deals you direct damage bypassing titan shield and steel doesn't block the incoming damage.

rags-6094
04-01-2020, 06:27 PM
Ahh since that brief update the game is worse... unplayable arena I can’t even get into arena, no gauntlet , come on Devs please?

scott-5496
04-01-2020, 06:55 PM
MACLO errors back too. Everything is very slow. Arena cant work either.

slauki
04-01-2020, 07:21 PM
the very least thing that you could do is to put up a compensation pack in the store for everyone. this would at least show some goodwill. but hell, if the game is still unplayable after 3,5 years it's our fault to expect it will get better ever...

Yup
04-01-2020, 08:00 PM
Gal01 -- gal01 -- gal01 -- gal01

Madrik
04-01-2020, 08:11 PM
so new game data available yet it still hangs at iron maiden screen. gr8 work devs....not

HuckFinn150
04-01-2020, 08:28 PM
How long has the game been such on the losing screen. I've been trying since 4:00pm and still no movement.

Madrik
04-01-2020, 08:34 PM
they've fucked it up good and proper, mine was loading just really sluggish and connection errors, got a pop up bos to say new game data available restarted it now it just sits at the main screen been there for half hour now and not done a thing

edsel
04-01-2020, 08:37 PM
Anyone else get this?

Bobby2613-8511
04-01-2020, 08:45 PM
I've been able to enter the game just now. (Still no dungeon tab tho)

Madrik
04-01-2020, 08:46 PM
yep now it dont even load, just sits at main screen on both android and ios

Yup
04-01-2020, 09:25 PM
I got in once.. tapped twice to get another MACl0 error and kicked out...

edsel
04-01-2020, 09:37 PM
Okay so let's agree to settle this with ironite. 1 per minute downtime fair?

Madrik
04-01-2020, 09:41 PM
im back in but its still sluggish, and still get the connection errors, still no arena or gauntlet for me

Madrik
04-01-2020, 10:00 PM
and another one

Madrik
04-01-2020, 10:01 PM
had 12 in the last 4 minutes

Madrik
04-01-2020, 10:09 PM
what ever the compo package is they are giving out it needs to be substantial. this is just one big piss take

jstrickPhoto
04-01-2020, 11:07 PM
FINALLY! Just got in and play seems pretty smooth. No connection issues at all. For us iOS users, that's about 24 hours of lost gameplay.

thealchemist
04-01-2020, 11:07 PM
Its almost like the devs were sitting around going

"hey remember that time we changed the rate of soul fragment conversion without ever giving any notice?"
"yeah how funny was that. pissed them off big time lol"
"or that time we said the Lord of Light souls would only be available during the first awakening event so players would spend all their ironite obtaining a lord of light, only to continue to have those souls available throughout the whole awakening mega event?"
"yeah that was a good one lmao"
"or when some players got multiple sets of primordials during that event and others hardly one"
"yeah we sure have done some dishonest shitfuckery over the years. and loads of general fuck ups. I love this job!"
"wait I reckon we can top everything we have done before. I got an idea. lets introduce a game mode called raid and we'll make a cosmic talisman so OP for a character no one would normally use. I know a banshee!"
"I like where this is going!"
"yeah yeah and then once players realise they need this character and cosmic combination we'll sell a pack of banshees for a shit load of money. Then at the end of the month we'll release an update that then makes the banshees and their cosmic about as useless as they were before! And we won't even tell 'em about it.
"hahaha stop it, stop it, I can't breathe, I can't breathe I am laughing so hard rofl"
"and then to really top it off, the cherry on top, on April 1st we'll make sure the game is so bad the fuckers won't even be able to log in!!!!!"
"my god you're a genius. those morons will be sending in so many tickets from pure rage. and we don't even answer their tickets anymore lmao"

well done devs, well done. youve been playing us for so long now and yet we still persist as players with this shit show. I guess we really are the april fools here :p

RobG-9641
04-01-2020, 11:32 PM
Good one thealchemist !

Yup
04-01-2020, 11:35 PM
"hey, best of all we can create some massive delay for the update on iOS then just blame it on Apple again!"
"oh man, I peed a little! Great plan! A delay of like 12 hours, then not being able to log in, or to kick them out again with errors when they do mistakenly log in will have them all u in arms!"
"Great plan fellas.. such wonderful entertainment while Covid19 has us all locked down!"
"I know! It's like our own private little game!"

Nifelheim
04-01-2020, 11:46 PM
Banshee is nerfed? I can’t log in, but don’t see anything in tuning notes about banshee or her talisman?

Yup
04-02-2020, 12:13 AM
Same here..what'd they do to the Banshee??

I can login.. but it's taking like 30 minutes to get to the character list...LOTS of loading and connection error screens...... When I do get there.. I don't see anything different.

Beddie
04-02-2020, 12:14 AM
Same here..what'd they do to the Banshee??
It’s more ‘what did they do to the cosmic’ and we don’t know

Yup
04-02-2020, 12:18 AM
Cosmic description is the same. Are you saying they've done something nefarious without showing the change? What's different?

Or is it more they made Odin counter the banshee?

Muzzleloader
04-02-2020, 12:28 AM
We dont know what happened but banshee dies.

Yup
04-02-2020, 12:31 AM
Okay.. well I got kicked out and can't get back in. Will have to do some testing. I don't recall seeing her behave differently 2 days ago.. but I haven't really been able to play at all since they applied the update. If I'm lucky.. I can get in, go to the event dungeon IMMEDIATELY avoiding popus... and set it to grind.... Then it MIGHT run for a while before I get kicked out again.

I just hope they gave the proverbial Pooch plenty of KY for this update. He needed it.

Muzzleloader
04-02-2020, 12:44 AM
Yup, come to the discord

franzyap
04-02-2020, 12:53 AM
can't get into the game. it says connection error

Yup
04-02-2020, 01:05 AM
Someone threw bleach on all their servers apparently....

Or.. it's "Apple's fault due to how the propagate updates".

jstrickPhoto
04-02-2020, 01:11 AM
I've been playing pretty non-stop with no connection issues for nearly an hour. And now it just crashed. "New Game Data available - please restart."

Took a little longer to get connected, but now it seems smooth again.

Yup
04-02-2020, 01:15 AM
FAKE NEWS!!!! :)

Count yourself lucky jstrickPhoto... many, including me, still can't get the app to even load.

jstrickPhoto
04-02-2020, 01:35 AM
FAKE NEWS!!!! :)

Count yourself lucky jstrickPhoto... many, including me, still can't get the app to even load.

That sucks man - sucks most heinously!

george-2964
04-02-2020, 10:03 AM
I don't even know what works and doesn't work anymore...
Gauntlet SSS first team. Thor (celectial, serenity), Gunnr (warlord, serenity), Prisoner (light, angel), Musashi (Nifleheim, Musashi cosmic).
I used Alex (midgards), W derby demon (warlord, sustaining, penance), S Banshee (Yggdrasil, Banshee cosmic), M Hierophant (serenity, sacred, tranquility cosmic)
Stop me if you know where this is going.
SUPPOSEDLY M hiero's passive prevents the opposition from gaining buffs after the first turn. it never happened. His perfect dissable didn't work on prisoner also.
SUPPOSEDLY Banshee cosmic prevents negative effects after the first death. That also never happened. She died 3 or 4 times during the battle and she got negative effects every time.
Despite passive disabling Gunnr I didn't get perfect heal shields, but at this point who cares?
At least midgards work. And I won the battle. But seriously, I don't even know what is broken and what works as advertised.

Madrik
04-02-2020, 10:16 AM
its the same in gauntlet and levels her cosmic simply doesnt do what it did, now what i think is they knew there was a bug in the first place so they fixed the bug

Natasmai
04-03-2020, 08:02 PM
While you are working on fixing ALL of these "errors" you can put the Angel Cosmic back the way it was. This was a PURCHASED FOR CASH item. MANY people purchased this cosmic deal specifically because the max stats were posted online. Now you reduce the stats? I dont care who screwed it up initially, you CANNOT change it now, it's far too late.

Madrik
04-03-2020, 11:02 PM
even if you didnt purchase it its bad business ethics to change something without even announcing your doing it. same as banshee's cosmic i spent money to buy ironite to get the SOT to grind for it then they go and nerf it, i'd be proper pissed

Khtulu
04-03-2020, 11:26 PM
Hello fellow gamers.
If you want my humble opinion- this now looks like a completely corrupted piece of software....

No disrespect to devs, though.

Cheers

dukat
04-04-2020, 08:09 AM
Some thoughts about the update:

Bad:
- sorting of tallis is a complete mess. It is the exact same mistake like for characters back then. Please revert both or at least add an option to sort by name.

Good:
- the search function is nice (hopfeully it work directly while we type let's say after 3 letters in the future).

THIS! The talisman sort is messed up! I get it that the devs wanted to unify the selection switchers for both the characters and talisamans. But where was the Product Manager when this was implemented? The two lists (character and talisman) are _not_ the same. Characters are individual, talismans come in sets. So they obviously need different sorting options ... Additionally, the cosmics are now sorted by color? Why??? I want to know how many "HP up" talis I have, which used to work, but not anymore. Who is QA was testing this update?

OTOH the search is indeed really helpful and also the option to finally select talismans by class.

Please, give us an update to fix the talisams . Thanks

Yup
04-04-2020, 08:36 AM
THey need an entirely new paradigm, rather than trying to "patch" a horrible existing design. A grid system would make so much more sense.

URock
04-04-2020, 09:27 AM
This game is bugged right from the beginning, long before the Frogs took over.
I asked so many times "why not recode the whole game?", but the answer was "no, that's too complicated!"

Premium developing.

PS: I gave up long time ago. They will NEVER fix it!

scimitar
04-04-2020, 09:40 AM

It would be great if you made a mistake.
But you will be right

MuzakMaker
04-04-2020, 02:07 PM
This game is bugged right from the beginning, long before the Frogs took over.
I asked so many times "why not recode the whole game?", but the answer was "no, that's too complicated!"

Premium developing.

Rebuilding from the ground up is incredibly complicated. Last time we did that with the software I work on that was a 10 month process with EXTENSIVE testing and conversion verification to ensure that the all of our users profiles and attributes were the same. And since NF doesn't even have the testing resources to even test a new talisman why would we assume that they could handle a complete rewrite.

At least they are smart enough to realize that a code rewrite is impossible for them. Now if only they would realize that they can't even handle what they are doing now.