PDA

View Full Version : THE BEST ODIN GUIDE YET (No click bait)

Saints_sin
04-11-2020, 01:41 PM
everyone has most likely fought odin a healthy amount by now and i havent heard of a single clan getting to 700k mark yet if one of you have then please comment below
but i have found 100% way for a clan to get 700k points
requirements are
30 active memebers
good toons

the aim here is for every member to get 24000 points which can be done with 8 runs with 3k points personally i have 4 infinite loop teams (attached at you will find a couple of these ) theso thats 12k then you can spread the rest out throughout my other 4 days of SoB although the events recently have made SoB easier to get same as the mega event

im curious if the bronze souls are same as arena devs anyone care to shine some light on this

The clansman clover a special stat cosmic / a cosmic with high special stat and a good 2 set of choice

2 undead axis gunners echo cosmics + a yellow set to boost special clover increases the reset chance on there atks letting them do an easy 1 mill damage on a good shot
magus bat / any other toon that gives accuracy up to the team with special stat boosters

this team works by looping clansmans fury and having axis gunners do all the hard work works with out clover but takes longer

thor nifiliheim plus a special generator
caria the woman in uniform (amazing in every team on this list) talis is your choice
2 damage scales on max hp i have about 20 axis gunners so i use them

cyborg ed + alchemist + 2 UAG/banshee and fenris normal set up for banshee and forge + echo on fenris

RTTH
sekhmet
UAG / DAMAGE SCALER X2

ALL THESE TEAMS USE FURYS TO CHAIN LOOP EXTRA TURNS SO USE HIGH SPECIAL STAT cosmics

MuzakMaker
04-11-2020, 01:51 PM
Shame this is all irrelevant with the freezing and lockout of raids for a number of players

gogosox40
04-11-2020, 02:10 PM
We made it already. 8149

Beddie
04-11-2020, 02:13 PM
Now this right here, is epic

Saints_sin
04-11-2020, 02:14 PM
We made it already. With only 22ish people playing do to freezes and life8149

well done let us know about the bronze souls please

gogosox40
04-11-2020, 02:16 PM
well done let us know about the bronze souls please

Will do. Might let you know about the Silver soul instead

Saints_sin
04-11-2020, 02:23 PM
Shame this is all irrelevant with the freezing and lockout of raids for a number of players

ofcourse odin is always going to be unstable so no one can ever make use of this genius not think about it

Saints_sin
04-11-2020, 02:24 PM
Will do. Might let you know about the Silver soul instead cheers dude

Maiden
04-11-2020, 03:10 PM
GZ mate, finally someone speaks up and share strategies here! We are using similar variants in our clan, but also I strongly recommend adding The Nomad with his dedicated Cosmic (Grants +1 power and extra turn chance every action) in those loopers teams.

Amazing those 700 points gogosox! Gz! Also, it would be nice also if people want to share more than "how awesome they are..." in this post.

MuzakMaker
04-11-2020, 04:20 PM
ofcourse odin is always going to be unstable so no one can ever make use of this genius not think about it

Of course people can share teams and stuff but until the devs actually make this dumpster fire section of the game stable I am going to keep bringing it up. Since annoying the CS team seems to actually have better results than asking nicely and waiting your turn for your ticket to be ignored.

angelkelly
04-11-2020, 04:36 PM
It’s blatantly stupid to share teams synergies on the forum when the developers could just as easily nerf it.

gogosox40
04-11-2020, 04:46 PM
GZ mate, finally someone speaks up and share strategies here! We are using similar variants in our clan, but also I strongly recommend adding The Nomad with his dedicated Cosmic (Grants +1 power and extra turn chance every action) in those loopers teams.

Amazing those 700 points gogosox! Gz! Also, it would be nice also if people want to share more than "how awesome they are..." in this post.

It was not ment to be a post to show how awesome we are. The OP wanted to know if anyone reached S 700,000 points. And so I let him know.

Phoenix-7282
04-11-2020, 05:04 PM
Gunner Minotaur and assassin COD give whole team extra turn with their power move. You can combine them with football Eddie's past power to create a loop. But it is mind numbing to play.

Amarthir
04-11-2020, 05:46 PM
Nobody:
The developers reading this thread:

Maiden
04-11-2020, 06:01 PM
It’s blatantly stupid to share teams synergies on the forum when the developers could just as easily nerf it.

Because you really think devs don´t have tools to know which teams are currently being used against Odin or how many times the same teams appear in those fights? Like:

Dev 1: "Oh wait why are they all using The Clansman Eddie so much against Odin?
Dev 2:"Dunno, is a great song or they must be all Scottish"
Dev 3: "yep, mystery solved"

...Really?

They maybe don´t know about a bug or specific situations that end up in exploits, but there is no bug or exploit in any of these teams. With Clansman, you are just using his fury as much as you can. They have to know about simple statistics to analyze their own game and figure out why that's happening.

If they decide to nerf it is not because you posted it here, but they are going to sell you an Eddie Clansman Pack first. So be aware :P

angelkelly
04-11-2020, 06:27 PM
Great point.
I just figured once the developers start to catch on they’ll make adjustments like they typically do.
Then back to square 1, again.

angelkelly
04-11-2020, 06:31 PM
If they decide to nerf it is not because you posted it here, but they are going to sell you an Eddie Clansman Pack first. So be aware :P

I’ll be anticipating that pack for $39.99
:)

Maiden
04-11-2020, 06:44 PM
I’ll be anticipating that pack for $39.99
:)

Probably hahahah! xD

Natasmai
04-11-2020, 06:58 PM
Because you really think devs don´t have tools to know which teams are currently being used against Odin or how many times the same teams appear in those fights? Like:

...Really?

They maybe don´t know about a bug or specific situations that end up in exploits, but there is no bug or exploit in any of these teams. With Clansman, you are just using his fury as much as you can. They have to know about simple statistics to analyze their own game and figure out why that's happening.

HAHAHAHAHA you are funny. Yes the Devs *could* have analytical tools to figure this out... but they could also be competent developers who make a working game. Im sure that info is available to them, but unless someone points it out, they probably wouldnt have enough time to actually look at the data.

Or maybe we already forgot about the banshee's, or maybe we dont remember when Eternity Eddie also was an infinite loop before they "fixed" that.

You guys are all fools.

Puntwothree
04-11-2020, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I’m torn. On the one hand, cooperation. And, like, so, but, the game creators must know there are ways to take Odin out, otherwise they wouldn’t set such lofty goals for us (just because they are achievable doesn’t mean they aren’t lofty...). One being that you can’t get the 3,000 Raid points (max) unless you kill a fresh Odin dead.

On the other hand, I’d rather not let someone else decide whether one of the dozen or so teams I’m using to beat Odin is working as intended or whether there is some sort of glitch. So aside from the obvious advice from official threads (1: use units that have HP scaling attacks, 2: Ragnarock is good... because of the HP scaling), I might have to say that if you want more from me you might as well just join, “Down Under.”

Other clans may have their tricks, but we’re more fun.

Maiden
04-11-2020, 07:55 PM
t... but they could also be competent developers who make a working game.

Well I can´t say anything against this statement xD

I can´t find the post were they said that they know how many Scream for me Eddie were pulled from souls in a week or how many battle with Sandworms have been used in a week in arena fights, so it is more than possible to believe they already got the information about which chars are being used on Odin. Also,just an example, they fixed that situation were Awakened Characters were jumping Gauntlet restrictions and even there was a complete radio silence on the forums.

BUT yes they can be overpass with the current situation and relying on os for changing these things, they already take us as testers for the game, so that is totally true and I agree with you.

To sum up, all I am saying is play as much as you can before anything you like got nerfed, if you are kind to share information, good for you and thanks, if not, at least don't treat as stupid or fool another person who is trying to help you with a post. We mostly know that everything that is useful to us is nerfed at some point you write it here or not.

With all this chatty thing, we are going to have Odin nerfed for sure now xDDD

Yup
04-11-2020, 08:42 PM
Great point.
I just figured once the developers start to catch on they’ll make adjustments like they typically do.
Then back to square 1, again.

They will....

They did it to the Banshees. And Perfect Heal Shield.. now Odin kills even if Perfect Heal Shield is present. And he OFTEN ignores (or disables) Ygg talismans as well.

Yeah everything will probably eventually get nerfed.. but posting here speeds that process. That's all.

Saints_sin
04-11-2020, 09:47 PM

...Really?

do i get a discount for being scottish lmao

Saints_sin
04-11-2020, 09:52 PM
banshee got nerfed BECAUSE sue could solo odin thats where the problem was with banshee axis gunner is quite fair he scales based on max hp which is what they told us to use

Beddie
04-11-2020, 10:40 PM
Forum users: let’s explain every team we use against Odin
Devs: preceeds to change Odin to stop these teams from working
Forum Users: WHAT THE HELL DEVS, WHY DID YOU GO AND DO THIS?!

Madrik
04-11-2020, 10:47 PM
and it's gonna be the same person who is also going to get devs to get this changed so it dont work nice work saints.... give out info to get it all stopped. this is why they nerfed banshee FFS

MuzakMaker
04-11-2020, 11:51 PM
It's no secret that I have disdain for the devs' process that has left of with a game that is utterly unplayable in parts and un-enjoyable in others.

However, I think there is too much assuming here that devs are greedy bastards who don't want us to succeed. (Remember happy players are more apt to pay).

First let's just have a quick refresher on what a bug is. A bug is when a piece of code begins to behave differently than what was intended.

Example: Toon get's killed then revived but spends the rest of the match in their death pose. If this were to ever be changed it would be a bug fix.

Not an Example: A toon's fury grants all other allies and itself an extra turn allowing for the the fury bar to be refilled and fired off again. If this were to changed that would then be a nerf.

Banshee was changed because she was bugged. She was never supposed to revive infinitely. As we figured out, you could prevent this if you killed her in the same turn twice. This probably meant that the bug in question was that her revive got 'reset' at the beginning of each turn.

Side note: Shady AF to sell banshee packs for $99 before the bug fix after stating how awesome she is a Odin battles.

Now in the teams originally mentioned there aren't any bugs. Just taking advantage of team and talisman synergies. Yes, the devs very well could decide to update some of toons and talis mentioned but in all likelihood that is because they have to think of the game as a whole. Not just "wow, some of our players have found a way that if an entire clan works together and optimally spends SoB, they can reach the top ranks, let's nerf that now so we can cackle together like the evil bastards we are".

Besides this happens every time we get new content, there is a collection of toons and talis that are super useful(and possibly the only ones successful) in the new part of the game. Game sits around for a bit while everyone works out the flow of this new content. Then things get adjusted and start running as the devs intend then a month later everyone is now bitching about something else.

TLDR; the devs make some shady or bad choices every now and then but not everything is a conspiracy against the players.

Beddie
04-12-2020, 12:49 AM
Well I mean, these comments wouldn’t be made if someone didn’t make a whole thread talking about teams that can beat Odin

hugoW
04-12-2020, 01:21 AM
this topic is more entertaining than the game atm, and free.

Nifelheim
04-12-2020, 02:31 AM
Sharing strategy is the best part of this forum. The bitching and moaning, even if warranted, is tiresome.

angelkelly
04-12-2020, 02:55 AM
and it's gonna be the same person who is also going to get devs to get this changed so it dont work nice work saints.... give out info to get it all stopped. this is why they nerfed banshee FFS

I have to ask, Aren't you guys in the same clan?

Puntwothree
04-12-2020, 11:05 AM
Have to clear up a few things.

1) Musakmaker already mentioned this, but I have a feeling it may have gotten buried. The Banshee “nerf” had nothing to do with Odin. People were positively clamoring for it because she was ruining Arena and Gauntlet. Her Cosmic was BROKEN. Getting “nerfed” v. Odin was an unfortunate side effect.

2) I don’t know why Odin attacks through Perfect Health Shields, but it seems like he only does it to a single unit at first, and after about 10 turns (this may be hyperbole). The reason he does this could be buried in his description; I might have another look. However, the reason he attacks through Yggdrasil and certain other Talis is no mystery at all. It’s built into his Fury that he disables these talismans.

And here’s a pro tip: one of the best buffs you can give yourself against Odin is immunity. The big guy can deal with Perfect Health Shields; he can deal with Immunity. He has a hard time dealing with both at the same time. That’s it from me, for now. (But “Down Under” is always looking for motivated people. You don’t have to be level 100 yet with a stacked roster.)

Saints sin is not the bad guy here... the Devs are not here to ruin the game... and if we aren’t planning to help a brother out, we can at least let him have his thread and stop haranguing him for it.

Saints_sin
04-12-2020, 11:18 AM
I have to ask, Aren't you guys in the same clan?
was i got kicked because bakura had a problem with my attitude

Olevipoeg
04-12-2020, 03:57 PM
Have to clear up a few things.

1) Musakmaker already mentioned this, but I have a feeling it may have gotten buried. The Banshee “nerf” had nothing to do with Odin. People were positively clamoring for it because she was ruining Arena and Gauntlet. Her Cosmic was BROKEN. Getting “nerfed” v. Odin was an unfortunate side effect.

2) I don’t know why Odin attacks through Perfect Health Shields, but it seems like he only does it to a single unit at first, and after about 10 turns (this may be hyperbole). The reason he does this could be buried in his description; I might have another look. However, the reason he attacks through Yggdrasil and certain other Talis is no mystery at all. It’s built into his Fury that he disables these talismans.

And here’s a pro tip: one of the best buffs you can give yourself against Odin is immunity. The big guy can deal with Perfect Health Shields; he can deal with Immunity. He has a hard time dealing with both at the same time. That’s it from me, for now. (But “Down Under” is always looking for motivated people. You don’t have to be level 100 yet with a stacked roster.)

Saints sin is not the bad guy here... the Devs are not here to ruin the game... and if we aren’t planning to help a brother out, we can at least let him have his thread and stop haranguing him for it.
Do you remember Eternity Eddie nerf? Was it just a bug or feature?

SoulGravity
04-12-2020, 04:42 PM
Nice work \m/

Puntwothree
04-12-2020, 07:40 PM
Do you remember Eternity Eddie nerf? Was it just a bug or feature?

I don't. I also don't understand the question. Regardless, the point about Banshee stands (if that's what you're getting at). There are clear and obvious advantages to the player base of fixing her Cosmic, especially if you're a fan of i.e. Gauntlet. Banshee was not a good toon who was made worse, she had a broken Cosmic that is no longer [as] broken.

And come on.. you could auto Odin with a S. Banshee 4*, lvl. 1, with just her Cosmic on and no other Talismans. Is that really the challenge you're looking for?

Mateja
04-12-2020, 09:06 PM
I don't. I also don't understand the question. Regardless, the point about Banshee stands (if that's what you're getting at). There are clear and obvious advantages to the player base of fixing her Cosmic, especially if you're a fan of i.e. Gauntlet. Banshee was not a good toon who was made worse, she had a broken Cosmic that is no longer [as] broken.

And come on.. you could auto Odin with a S. Banshee 4*, lvl. 1, with just her Cosmic on and no other Talismans. Is that really the challenge you're looking for?

Eternity Eddie is mentioned in relation to other nerfs. One of his original basic attacks did no damage but gave a guaranteed extra turn so you could spam that until an ally gets a fury, rinse and repeat as much as you need. Not any kind of bug, devs just decided that they don't like it after people used him and Sekhmet to clear Night City with enemies never getting a turn.

Fudjo
04-12-2020, 09:18 PM
Eternity Eddie is mentioned in relation to other nerfs. One of his original basic attacks did no damage but gave a guaranteed extra turn so you could spam that until an ally gets a fury, rinse and repeat as much as you need. Not any kind of bug, devs just decided that they don't like it after people used him and Sekhmet to clear Night City with enemies never getting a turn.

Same thing happened shortly afterward with one of Viking Eddie's basic attacks, which now gives a percentage chance to give an extra turn instead of an automatic one.

There's still the Iron Eddie + Purple Starfish + Prisoner combo for getting through most of Night City without enemies getting a turn.

Fudjo
04-12-2020, 09:32 PM

Green Banshee is still super useful against Odin X. I use Angel, Advantage, and the Banshee T3 on her and she'll do 300K or so damage per hit and lasts a long time. A typical team I'll use on auto is:

Ramesses Eddie, Final Frontier Eddie, or Benjamin Breeg Eddie: Brave
Green Banshee: Angel, Advantage, Banshee T3
Blue Werewolf: Brave

The fourth toon is any high damage or high survivablity toon, such as Killer Prime, Cosmic Lilith, or Fenrir.

Natasmai
04-12-2020, 11:16 PM
Update....

Beddie
04-12-2020, 11:19 PM
Ok.Ok. Now this, this right here, this is Epic

Saints_sin
04-12-2020, 11:40 PM
Ok.Ok. Now this, this right here, this is Epic are you guys going for the 1 mil

rags-6094
04-12-2020, 11:42 PM
are you guys going for the 1 mil

I actually suggest that but there was no reply!

Saints_sin
04-12-2020, 11:44 PM
I actually suggest that but there was no reply!
really curious too them silver souls keep us posted also did you guys buy SoB?

Beddie
04-12-2020, 11:45 PM
really curious too them silver souls keep us posted also did you guys buy SoB?

The ones who can actually run him (some of us got locked out) they bought some SoB

SoulGravity
04-12-2020, 11:53 PM
everyone has most likely fought odin a healthy amount by now and i havent heard of a single clan getting to 700k mark yet if one of you have then please comment below
but i have found 100% way for a clan to get 700k points
requirements are
30 active memebers
good toons

the aim here is for every member to get 24000 points which can be done with 8 runs with 3k points personally i have 4 infinite loop teams (attached at you will find a couple of these ) theso thats 12k then you can spread the rest out throughout my other 4 days of SoB although the events recently have made SoB easier to get same as the mega event

im curious if the bronze souls are same as arena devs anyone care to shine some light on this

The clansman clover a special stat cosmic / a cosmic with high special stat and a good 2 set of choice

2 undead axis gunners echo cosmics + a yellow set to boost special clover increases the reset chance on there atks letting them do an easy 1 mill damage on a good shot
magus bat / any other toon that gives accuracy up to the team with special stat boosters

this team works by looping clansmans fury and having axis gunners do all the hard work works with out clover but takes longer

thor nifiliheim plus a special generator
caria the woman in uniform (amazing in every team on this list) talis is your choice
2 damage scales on max hp i have about 20 axis gunners so i use them

cyborg ed + alchemist + 2 UAG/banshee and fenris normal set up for banshee and forge + echo on fenris

RTTH
sekhmet
UAG / DAMAGE SCALER X2

ALL THESE TEAMS USE FURYS TO CHAIN LOOP EXTRA TURNS SO USE HIGH SPECIAL STAT cosmics

I didn't realize how far and the change of the post went from my reply... I finally took the time to read all the posts.. saint sin good work and thanks. We all know there are fixes needed and such. This has been an interesting thread though. I know next time to bring a beer and popcorn.

Saints_sin
04-13-2020, 12:40 AM
I didn't realize how far and the change of the post went from my reply... I finally took the time to read all the posts.. saint sin good work and thanks. We all know there are fixes needed and such. This has been an interesting thread though. I know next time to bring a beer and popcorn.

lmao bring me one as well next time

Yup
04-13-2020, 01:29 AM
Note that SOB are starting to appear in other rewards, although still pretty rare.

21 hrs.. 150k to 1Mil.. wonder if we can do it :) (or is it 19hrs and the last 2 are a lockout?)

Olevipoeg
04-13-2020, 05:50 AM

No. I'm not a fan of Gauntlet. :) I'm was playing gauntlet this time only because of frustration of being cut out from Odin. It doesn't matter actually. If one annoying combo is taken away the Gauntlet rounds SS and SSS are filled new ones immediately. Devs have no problems filling SSS round using bugged and overpowered combos.

Yup
04-13-2020, 08:24 AM
Devs have no problems filling SSS round using bugged and overpowered combos.

For multiple battles in a row no less....

Saints_sin
04-13-2020, 12:13 PM
Note that SOB are starting to appear in other rewards, although still pretty rare.

21 hrs.. 150k to 1Mil.. wonder if we can do it :) (or is it 19hrs and the last 2 are a lockout?)

good luck with it hope you all can manage

Star2x
04-13-2020, 11:30 PM
My clan is trying no one has diamond players in their line ups first the newer freezes is caused by sacrificing an already used character that faced odin will cause a freeze til it resets .

Green banshees with banshee t2 t3 cosmic talismans does wonders
Blue werewolf
Samurai eddie.
Ferryman with reflect star talismans
Shoot right through each odin awakened lol all colors also effective

Yup
04-14-2020, 12:30 AM
So the Clan silver soul seems to grant 1 full set of talismans from the Clan Store... and then 2 other rewards (frags.souls, keys, etc). Nothing unique or rare.