PDA

View Full Version : Eddie’s Edventure (Dungeon) - Earn 40th Anniversary Souls for a 3x chance at an Eddie

Ceeg_LOTB
04-14-2020, 12:00 AM

Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Iron Maiden’s debut album!

From now until April 20, 5 PM PT, battle in a dungeon that is an ode to the Cart & Horses, the birthplace of Iron Maiden! This dungeon comes with 4 difficulty settings and is packed with awesome rewards!

The first time you complete Normal, Hard or Madness, you will earn set rewards including 40th Anniversary Souls and Purge Talismans, and your first Insanity run will grant T3 Cosmic Evo Runes and Talisman Epic Soul Fragments. All subsequent victories are guaranteed to provide 40th Anniversary Soul Fragments, and Dungeon Fragments, as well as a chance of up to 2 bonus rewards, including Brave Talismans.

40th Anniversary Souls can be earned in three ways:

Earn them as first time completion rewards in the Normal, Hard and Madness levels of the Eddie’s Edventure Dungeon. You can continue to earn 40th Anniversary Soul Fragments as you play in the Dungeon!
Complete Event Challenges! Getting 200 fragments will earn you a 40th Anniversary Soul, with up to 10 Souls that can be earned from challenges over the course of the event.
Get 40th Anniversary Souls in store for Ironite in the usual bundle sizes of 1, 3, or 10.

In addition to 40th Anniversary Soul Fragments, completing event challenges will grant various other rewards. For instance, if you clear the dungeon 400 times, you’ll earn a guaranteed 4* Iron Eddie! Most of these event challenges also grant Forged Soul Fragments!

Forged Fragments are the event currency of the Forge of Destiny Mega Event.

Trade your Forged Fragments in the Mega Store for rare rewards including Freya Cosmic Talismans and Odin himself!

You can learn more about this Mega event in the Forge of Destiny event post here!

40th Anniversary Soul Details!

The 40th Anniversary Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class. This soul also has a 3x chance of summoning an Eddie!

Each 40th Anniversary Soul summoned will also grant the following bonus rewards:
10 Iron Maiden Soul Fragments
20 Talisman Gold Red Soul Fragments

Beddie
04-14-2020, 12:06 AM
Glad to see some form of celebration for the debut

Highace
04-14-2020, 12:48 AM
While it seems like a decent event for newer players with less Eds and the guaranteed Iron Ed is a nice touch, I'm disappointed the only ones we can pull from these souls are the ones already available in BoS. Had it included some exclusives like Coalgiver, I would've considering spending some time on it. But as of now, I don't think it's worth doing since the only one I need out of them is Bruce.

Yup
04-14-2020, 12:55 AM
Barring a new Ed for the anniversary.... They should have made the souls only drop Frontier Coin 5 stars.. now THAT would have been an anniversary celebration.

Azagthor
04-14-2020, 01:16 AM
Bit rushed for time, I'll flesh out this a bit later.

UPDATE: The final boss in INSANITY now has Forge talismans as well as Echo. Which does make that fight a fair bit more annoying. Good first time rewards though (35ironite), worth beating it at least once if you can.

Azile
04-14-2020, 02:05 AM
40th Anniversary Celebration Event!

Here is a dungeon using repurposed art, repurposed characters, repurposed challenges, earn a toon everyone already has and is not even remotely useful and souls to get 3x chance at Eddies that you can normally get and likely already have!

Thanks for the momentous effort NF for celebrating such a huge milestone for the greatest heavy metal band of all time, you are truly the antithesis of how Iron Maiden approaches "effort" put towards their loyal fanbase.

See you all at the 50th Celebration!

Yup
04-14-2020, 02:33 AM
*sigh(.. another event dungeon where Madness and Insanity levels are plagued with crashing.....

Normal and Hard seem to run fine.. so what're you all messing with for Madness and Insanity???

jstrickPhoto
04-14-2020, 02:42 AM
*sigh(.. another event dungeon where Madness and Insanity levels are plagued with crashing.....

Normal and Hard seem to run fine.. so what're you all messing with for Madness and Insanity???

I haven't had any issues with Madness nor Insanity myself. Already hit the Madness achievement. Insanity is giving me fits so I will figure out a better team before retrying Insanity.

I'm really only playing for the Forged Frags in hopes of getting an Odin.

DeathDealer-5301
04-14-2020, 03:26 AM
My first Magus Insanity team didn't work but now I'm running a slow one that seems solid. LAD with midgard, cosmic lil with nifleheim and lil cosmic. the alchemist with sacred, vampire and random cosmic, and fully awakened wicker owl with alchemy and random cosmic. I'm sure peeps will post much better teams, and maybe more basic characters for newer players.

Azagthor
04-14-2020, 04:17 AM
Here is a dungeon using repurposed art, repurposed characters, repurposed challenges, earn a toon everyone already has and is not even remotely useful and souls to get 3x chance at Eddies that you can normally get and likely already have!

Hmm, I understand where you are coming from, but this is one of those events that will likely benefit newer/middle players more than the end-game players. Eddies are surprisingly hard to get when you're still starting out. I still don't have all of them ones from regular Rare Souls myself yet. Only got the 4* Iron Eddie last month. Maybe I'm just bad at this game :eek:

A nice new fancy passive reskin of Iron Maiden Eddie would be welcome though, but this feels more like a chance for newer players to catch-up a bit. The Gold Red Talisman frags in the event souls are nice for everyone too. Really hoping that's a permanent addition to all event souls going forward.

(Also, veteran players can make the most out of the brief overlap between these farmable event souls, and the sacrifice event)

Phoenix-7282
04-14-2020, 04:34 AM
Ah, yes. The bugged Pharaoh dog cosmics are back again in store. I don't have it. Can anyone confirm whether it is working as intended now?

Yup
04-14-2020, 05:26 AM
I literally can not run the insanity level even once due to CRASHING!!! App crashes at end of last battle.. either at the killing blow on Scream Ed or right after it.

I just COMPLETELY ERASED my iPad and restored it, setting it up as a new device.. no backup restore.. completely blank, fresh start... and guess what ..... SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please devs.. fix your broken dungeons!

I honestly can not even complete 1 run in Insanity... I can get to the end and kill Scream Ed without a problem... but that's it... crash, run doesn't count, and SOT taken. .. not even 1 run counted after 200+SOT

Yup
04-14-2020, 05:45 AM
I haven't had any issues with Madness nor Insanity myself. Already hit the Madness achievement. Insanity is giving me fits so I will figure out a better team before retrying Insanity.

Insanity is the primary issue. and it's got nothing to do with winning battles. That's not a problem. The app crashes.... such exits unannounced.... It's not like I WANT the app to crash.. it's poorly coded.... You tell me why and app just suddenly quits when you aren't even touching your device????

it seems EVERY "special" dungeon has this same issue for Insanity... they use a "busted" template for dungeons and don't bother to try and correct it. They honestly don't even acknowledge a problem. I doubt they've ever even looked at it.. They don't care if the code is junk....

AndyCatzo
04-14-2020, 06:03 AM
Insanity is the primary issue. and it's got nothing to do with winning battles. That's not a problem. The app crashes.... such exits unannounced.... It's not like I WANT the app to crash.. it's poorly coded.... You tell me why and app just suddenly quits when you aren't even touching your device????

it seems EVERY "special" dungeon has this same issue for Insanity... they use a "busted" template for dungeons and don't bother to try and correct it. They honestly don't even acknowledge a problem. I doubt they've ever even looked at it.. They don't care if the code is junk....

I haven't had any issues running insanity levels for any of the "special" dungeons, last event I was able to complete the insanity level challenges and this time I already had some victories in insanity

Maiden
04-14-2020, 07:04 AM
Can we go down to 5 sec between autoplay runs at least pls? isn´t already a good time to try it?

Phoenix-7282
04-14-2020, 07:32 AM
I don’t know why I laughed so hard at this. But the simple answer to your question is, No.
It still doesn’t work as intended but maybe in 2026.

Thank you. I will spend my fragments on something else in that case. No point in buying a talisman that doesn't work.

Yup
04-14-2020, 07:40 AM
I haven't had any issues running insanity levels for any of the "special" dungeons, last event I was able to complete the insanity level challenges and this time I already had some victories in insanity

You are also on an Android device, not iOS. It's not the same app.

Again.. it's not like I WANT the app to crash, guys. Posting "it doesn't crash for me on a completely different operating system" isn't really helpful.

If the app crashes on a COMPLETELY fresh device with no existing data on it and a COMPLETELY new download of the app... the issue is the app, not the user. In addition, everywhere else runs fine.. I can run normal, or hard using the EXACT same team without a single crash.. I run Madness with the same team and it crashes intermittently.. I run Insanity with the same team and it crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME

Devs don't appear to care. There's no pride in craftsmanship.. no work ethic.....

namaste
04-14-2020, 09:25 AM
You are also on an Android device, not iOS. It's not the same app.

Again.. it's not like I WANT the app to crash, guys. Posting "it doesn't crash for me on a completely different operating system" isn't really helpful.

If the app crashes on a COMPLETELY fresh device with no existing data on it and a COMPLETELY new download of the app... the issue is the app, not the user. In addition, everywhere else runs fine.. I can run normal, or hard using the EXACT same team without a single crash.. I run Madness with the same team and it crashes intermittently.. I run Insanity with the same team and it crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME

Devs don't appear to care. There's no pride in craftsmanship.. no work ethic.....

Yup, I am on iOS and have no issues running on an iPad Pro 1st gen. I had issues with an older iOS device, but after using a slightly newer device have had no issues so far for this event. Not saying have not had issues with previous dungeons but just not this one so far.
I have completed all class specific runs on auto, and now running through the 666 req.
If you are using fairly recent hardware then sorry cannot shed any useful light on the issue.

Cthulhu
04-14-2020, 10:40 AM
Here's the team that gives me the best times on Insanity:

Average time: around 2:10

Talismans (talismen?):

Eddie: Midgard
Dark Lilith: Serenity+Sacred+Cosmic
Warrior Lord: Ragnarok+Cosmic
Moonchild: Forge+Cosmic

Haven't had a defeat so far.

Haven't had any crashes on BlueStacks.

SocietyX
04-14-2020, 11:43 AM
Is there any good magus only team for insanity?

Maiden
04-14-2020, 12:31 PM
I´m running auto Magus/Insanity with:

Derby Demon // Ragnarok + cosmic(serenity)
LAD // Midgards
Domino // Niflasomething + cosmic
Lilith // Fortune + cosmic + green

Avg 5.10.. too much, there should be room for improvement.

BUT: Occasionally Lilith might die at the last wave, not defeats until now though.

EDIT: just swapped cosmics on Lilith and she doesn´t die at all.

Saigrim
04-14-2020, 12:38 PM
Yup, I played the first three years on a 6S, the past year on an 8, and an iPad I use at home sometimes. I have never had the crashing issues that you are constantly plagued with. I know this doesn’t help you in the least, but I wanted you to know I don’t think it’s necessarily iOS related. Perhaps it’s your router, WiFi, service provider, something, I don’t know. I hope you can get it figured out, bud.

DeathDealer-5301
04-14-2020, 02:00 PM
Revised my Insanity mixed class team. Average time around 2 minutes.
Maxed global relics, all others about level 7.
LAD - Midgard
Gunner Minotaur - Purge, Inspiration, Past cosmic (high ATK and Magic)
Warrior Wicker Man - fully evolved - Ragnarok and Echo cosmic
Gunnr, Valhalla Maiden - Light and random cosmic with high ATK and Magic

Trying to work so no time to mess with talismans, but I'm happy enough to run with this for now.

EDIT: After a couple runs it slowed down and became less reliable. Not as great as I thought....

SocietyX
04-14-2020, 02:15 PM
I tried Banshee instead of DD since I don't have it... not working.... LAD died on second round.....

Volrath
04-14-2020, 03:36 PM
Honestly, the fragments are more useful in the event store this time around. But for newer players, they will hopefully finish this one with at least one new Eddie. For us oldbies it's not really worth it. The only one available here that I don't have is Scream For Me. If they brought in some of the Eddies that are harder to get, i.e. Number of the Beast and Angel/Gambler, that would have been different.

fantomz
04-14-2020, 05:13 PM

Maradona - Valhala/Serenity
Crimean - Forge/Serenity
Domino - Alchemy/Penance
Lilith - Celestial and hers T3

Maiden
04-14-2020, 06:19 PM
Maradona xD

Yup
04-14-2020, 07:27 PM
Yup, I am on iOS and have no issues running on an iPad Pro 1st gen. I had issues with an older iOS device, but after using a slightly newer device have had no issues so far for this event. Not saying have not had issues with previous dungeons but just not this one so far.
I have completed all class specific runs on auto, and now running through the 666 req.
If you are using fairly recent hardware then sorry cannot shed any useful light on the issue.

Okay.. this may be a possibility.. and I was starting to consider that device age may be a factor. (iPad Air) Quite unfortunate seeing as a new device for a silly little app would be ridiculous - everything else still functions wonderfully. But if ANYTHING on my end is the problem, this maybe it. But devices are (or were pre Covid) slated for replacement sometime this year. I'll just have to see how the rest of the year shapes up given the state of the world.

scimitar
04-14-2020, 09:22 PM
Maradona xD

Rather, Caniggia

Puntwothree
04-15-2020, 03:02 AM
Heya... so,

Brave is listed as a reward in this dungeon. The last time I saw Braves I was very "green" indeed... think it was a Gauntlet reward, and I couldn't achieve the standing for a set. I'm at 4/6.

As is tradition for a 6-set highlight talisman, can we see 2 of these in the event store for 500 ironite? I could tell you how many times I've farmed insanity so far and how many Brave talismans have dropped for me... but it might be less painful for all involved (and less expensive, for me) if I could just purchase them.

I will be awaiting your reply while Domino and Cosmic Lilith have their own private battle over here on one corner of the screen...

Aside: If I buy a second Cosmic Pharaoh Dog Cosmic, does that give me double the standing to ask polite questions about when it is going to be fully functional? The power and fury generation bit is what I've got my eye on. Thanks!

Deano82
04-15-2020, 11:31 AM
Can anyone recommend a team for the warrior madness challenge

Puntwothree
04-15-2020, 02:11 PM
Use Rags. on your favorite Warrior Ed. ... I use Samurai. Serenity Cosmic if you have it.

If you're still having probs. with negative effects, you can stick an Alchemy set on W. Hierophant, if you've go him.

The rest of your team just probably needs to provide a little defense. If you don't have serenity, you might want a W. Shinobi with Shinobi Cosmic to guard against doom, or W. Lilith with Lilith Cosmic. I don't remember if Doom is on Madness... it's on Insanity, and it's not how you want to lose.

Demon Prince Beelz and The Nomad (cosmic) are both really good ways to keep your team alive. So is the neo-classic Arena tech Yyggs/Forge (there are W. Units that can carry both of these... obviously you'd have to put them on different units).

I ran through the madness challenge without really studying what the AI was doing... but honestly, I didn't bring Alchemy and I didn't get bogged down behind stun/etc., so that part may not be as necessary. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Insanity is trickier... you have to bring a bit more power and try to win before the AI has taken too many turns. But this should work for you ^^.

InkieSquid
04-16-2020, 12:26 AM

Maradona - Valhala/Serenity
Crimean - Forge/Serenity
Domino - Alchemy/Penance
Lilith - Celestial and hers T3

I really wish I knew what was going on with this dungeon - I have been trying with this team on auto and manual for 2 days and I have only got 3 wins. Is anyone else having more success with an auto (or manual team I could try please?

SinGularity-8786
04-16-2020, 02:59 AM
For Magus/Insanity I used (5min on auto)
Live after Death Eddie (Clover, Cosmic, 2 random reds)
Derby Demon (Viper, Cosmic)
Banshee (Yggdrasil, Banshee-Cosmic)
Cosmic Lilith (Ragnarök, Cosmic)

Insanity for grinding (2min on Auto)
Live after Death Eddie (Midgard)
Dark Lilith (Angel, Sacred, Cosmic-Serenity)
Wickerman (Ragnarok, Cosmic-Serenity)
Moonchild (Forge+Cosmic-Serenity)

fantomz
04-16-2020, 02:41 PM
I really wish I knew what was going on with this dungeon - I have been trying with this team on auto and manual for 2 days and I have only got 3 wins. Is anyone else having more success with an auto (or manual team I could try please?

Apparently you heve to babysit,on every wave just point the center chracter.And keep in mind that this is no high end team,losses are possible :)

InkieSquid
04-16-2020, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the input @SinGularity-8786 and @fantomz

I have tried some of my high powered support characters with Football Eddie but nothing I've gone with so far is any more successful - I seem to have a lot of blue Eddies but none that I recognise as sufficiently high powered to be able to let the game take control and since I rarely play a blue team I am struggling to manually get rid of those healing shields.

Oh well, I've been hoarding Ironite shards so I can afford to just restosk on Sot and brute-force my way through... or just give up on that particular achievement since there's not all that much that is needed from it.

Maiden
04-16-2020, 04:41 PM
InkieSquid have you tried this team or any variation (maybe you don´t have lad?)

Derby Demon // Ragnarok + cosmic
LAD // Midgards
Domino // Niffssss + cosmic
Plain Magus Lilith // Fortune + cosmic + green

I managed to complete the achievement in auto with one defeat only. Magus Lilith was key against marks at the last wave. And Ragnarok helps a lot with perfect corruption. If you are still having troubles with perfect shield try to make any variation on chars who can wear Valahallas?

VoodoChild
04-16-2020, 09:57 PM
What’s the point of this event exactly? The event challenges and rewards don’t sync up

If you crunch the numbers you understand that the event is basically pointless

Earning 1 event soul will take about 40 runs (on hard difficulty) which will cost 320 SoT.
For iron maiden Eddie you will need 50 souls (each event soul gives 10 iron maiden Eddie soul fragments) so you will need to do 2,000 runs at the cost of 16,000 SoT

At lvl 100 with 120 SoT per charge with 2 charges per day (each charge approximately 10 hours) you will manage 30 daily runs, and 210 total of natural runs throughout the event earning you a mind blowing 5 souls.
Now let say you use 1 SoT Mega-Refill (150 ironite a pack) per day, you will add 525 runs for a total of 735 runs overall and earn a total of 18 souls for the price of 1,050 ironite,
to complete the event you’re still missing 32 souls buying them form the store will cost you a measly 2900 ironite giving you a total of 3,950 ironite spent overall.

or you will need 26 SoT Mega-Refill (Rounding down) for 3,900 ironite.

forgoing the trouble and just buying soul packs at the store will cost you 4,500 ironite for an iron maiden Eddie.

Incidentally just trying for all event challenges will take a minimum of around 4,000 SoT and 600 ironite (4 SoT Mega-Refill)

so the event will cost between you 3,900 to 4,500 ironite to get iron maiden Eddie, you could get a NoTB Eddie or Alexander Eddie, which are better, for less ironite.
The cost could make sense if the reward was a special character, a special edition iron maiden Eddie would have made a lot of sense, but spending 4,000 ironite for an Eddie that you could get from regular souls is just stupid.

As a whole the event rewards suck, the rewards seem geared towards newer players but the difficulty is for veteran players (to go beyond hard difficulty you need premium talismans)
I understand that the game needs to make money and I’m not complaining about the overall price of fully participating in an event, but about the terrible rewards you get for all the effort you put in

An event should have scaling for challenges and rewards, easy ones to achieve for newer players and hard/challenging for veteran players and at least one worthwhile reward you can achieve without having to buy SoT refill, at least not a lot, something that will give you a reason to participate in the event and not give up immediately because of the sheer cost of ironite .

MuzakMaker
04-16-2020, 10:01 PM
What’s the point of this event exactly? The event challenges and rewards don’t sync up

Let's face it, pretty much every event as of late is designed to get us to try to spend ironite in some way. Long gone are the days where the entire event can be completed naturally with hard work and dedication. Now the only "skill and dedication" that matters is either buying the rewards outright for cash or using the paid resource(ironite).

Puntwothree
04-17-2020, 01:04 AM
Insanity? Someone wants a Magus team for insanity? That's insane!

But so am I.

Auto fast time: 2min 30sec

LAD:Rags/Serenity (Cosmic)
Banshee: Yggs/Banshee Cosmic
Domino: Moon/Onslaught Yellow/Warlord/Serenity (Cosmic)
Cosmic Lilith: Midgard

I don't know if this is the most efficient way to do this, and Lilith is basically functioning like a Forge set. So.. you could probably do it more simply. Still.. it works.

Cheers.

namaste
04-18-2020, 12:49 PM
This dungeon is so broken.. if it does not hang, then after destroying every level and all enemy in boss level, scream for me Eddie despite being the only character left is immune to LaD fury, immune to taking damage and can revive characters that died from doom or dark ghost. He is only wearing an echo cosmic and forge talisman... so wtf?

MuzakMaker
04-18-2020, 01:45 PM
This dungeon is so broken.. if it does not hang, then after destroying every level and all enemy in boss level, scream for me Eddie despite being the only character left is immune to LaD fury, immune to taking damage and can revive characters that died from doom or dark ghost. He is only wearing an echo cosmic and forge talisman... so wtf?

He's marked as a Boss. Bosses almost always have extra level of immunity to effects. Was this ever explained anywhere in game, no of course not. It's just something we had to work out together on the forums.

AndyCatzo
04-18-2020, 02:00 PM
He's marked as a Boss. Bosses almost always have extra level of immunity to effects. Was this ever explained anywhere in game, no of course not. It's just something we had to work out together on the forums.

Most of the time they add something like "this effect does not affect bosses" into the room abilities description, if you read those descriptions, you will know in advance and before entering the battle

MuzakMaker
04-18-2020, 02:17 PM
Most of the time they add something like "this effect does not affect bosses" into the room abilities description, if you read those descriptions, you will know in advance and before entering the battle

They've actually been adding those now? That's useful. There hadn't been any use to those descriptions in a while so yeah, I stopped reading them.

AndyCatzo
04-18-2020, 02:32 PM
They've actually been adding those now? That's useful. There hadn't been any use to those descriptions in a while so yeah, I stopped reading them.

Yep, they are including those now and actually LAD's fury states that it doesn't affect bosses :)

Beddie
04-18-2020, 03:09 PM
Yep, they are including those now and actually LAD's fury states that it doesn't affect bosses :)
It was always mentioned on LaD’s fury description. Even when he was released

namaste
04-18-2020, 05:39 PM
I wasn’t paying much attention as was auto running without loss until yesterday. Now, scream for me Eddie every few runs isn’t taking damage from other attacks... his talisman and skills do not give this ability... but after that micro update they just pushed, it seems nothing is working anyway... can’t get into the dungeon or clan boss.. just loading...............