PDA

View Full Version : "Attack of the Frost Giants!"

Blazpheme
04-15-2020, 01:40 PM
Seriously, are the devs just pulling a big joke on us that we are simply not getting?

I mean, we have all of this new Nordic-themed content. At the forefront, we have Odin as the first Clan Raid Boss - a powerful adversary who thwarts the ill-prepared with his mighty Freeze ability. Now I am not just talking about the individual battles, I am also referring to the persistent lock-out that many players have been experiencing as of late.

In this sense, Odin quite literally freezes you out of being able to even attack him.

I already have clan members who are Iced-out of the Raid Boss battles. After only a day's worth of attacks, Odin has hurled them into a frozen wasteland (not the Frontier Dungeon, but a cold place where they cannot contribute or earn a damn thing) and they can only await until some "divine intervention" frees them from their glacial prisons. Not cool, bro...

So, is this merely the set-up for some very elaborate punchline? A twisted prelude to a character rollout for Ymir?

I know there are a lot of players feeling the chill of this unfortunate setback, and it really is no laughing matter (despite the humorous angles I am playing here). It is actually quite discouraging, and a real kick in the nads for morale. All I can do is try to laugh about it on some level, because we all know that shaking your fist and yelling at the screen accomplishes nothing...

Bonus: Alternate titles considered for this thread.

"Maiden Iceland"
"Freeze for me, Asgard"
"Ice Age of Innocence"
"The Frozen Waste-Clan"
"Inflict Permafrost 50 Times"
"It's getting Hoth in here"

MuzakMaker
04-15-2020, 04:57 PM
Honestly what has irked me the most about the raid freezes is that CS was completely unhelpful and dismissive about the issue.

The rewards are a PAID resource and frags that hand out more of that PAID resource. I don't appreciate being told "If you don't find it fun, don't play it". Especially, when I can retort "If it's horribly bugged, don't release it".

Zugzwang
04-15-2020, 07:41 PM
Don’t sacrifice any toons and you won’t get locked out. It’s a bug they’re working on fixing.

MuzakMaker
04-15-2020, 09:20 PM
Don’t sacrifice any toons and you won’t get locked out. It’s a bug they’re working on fixing.

That's only one of the many causes.

I have been locked out without saccing any toons. Raids is a dumpster fire that should not be giving out ironite until it can actually be stable.

Madrik
04-15-2020, 09:39 PM

thats the same old crock of shite they always use, i havent sac'd any toons so it isn't that. I can get in any other dungeon fine but x just freezes out completely....