PDA

View Full Version : Game Update 4/19/2020

Ceeg_LOTB
04-19-2020, 06:34 PM
Hello Troopers,

We are aware that players are experiencing game instability at this time. Yesterday the team pushed several hotfixes for performance.

Investigations are ongoing for today and we will communicate updates as necessary.

Thank you for your patience!

MuzakMaker
04-19-2020, 06:46 PM
Any word on if the team is looking at modifying the event to reflect the fact that we've lost a good chunk of this event thus far because of that "instability"?

Ceeg_LOTB
04-19-2020, 06:56 PM
Any word on if the team is looking at modifying the event to reflect the fact that we've lost a good chunk of this event thus far because of that "instability"?

No word on that just yet. But it is always taken into consideration at times like these. The team are prioritizing the cause, first and foremost.

^ Ceeg

hugoW
04-19-2020, 06:56 PM
Not just because of the instability, its just insane to reach that.
Even insane that that last 5000 runs from 20k to 25k are the diference to get eddie and the talisman, could even distribute 1k fragments to the 20k runs to make it less bitchy

Madrik
04-19-2020, 07:21 PM
we know what the cause is. not enough servers and the fact every time there is a clan group achievement the game suffers major instability issues. so when there is a clan event running disable odin raids to help improve stability

Bartman9999
04-19-2020, 07:50 PM
More simple, they should know the active player numbers from last couple of weeks... are the servers ready to hold all of them running non-stop to get the 25K run achievement?????
If not, setting that achievement is just plain negligence!

Lord Schmeb
04-19-2020, 08:01 PM
Kinda crazy that three years into it, nothing has really changed. I really do like Ceeg, and think he does a fine job of communication, but delivering the same crappy news/results over, and over, and over again... I certainly don’t want the game to fail, because it’s my drug addiction of choice, but how they’re still in business is really beyond me.

Madrik
04-19-2020, 08:47 PM
More simple, they should know the active player numbers from last couple of weeks... are the servers ready to hold all of them running non-stop to get the 25K run achievement?????
If not, setting that achievement is just plain negligence!

simple answer to that mate is NO they cant cope as it is during day to day use without events running

namaste
04-19-2020, 09:49 PM
Not sure what the hot fix restarts were supposed to address, but I can confirm that playability of your product is at its worst ever! No disrespect intended but why would you test a live production server? Do you not do load balance testing on your test servers before pushing your updates? I love the game and have contributed plenty to help you develop it as have most of the community here, but have to voice frustration over the way you handle updates, hot fixes, server restarts etc... I trust the team are frantically trying to restore order, and hope that is is soon, before your loyal customers start to look elsewhere. Unfortunately at strange times like these when some of us are stuck in isolation or lock down this amplifies the issue somewhat.

Patrice-1201
04-20-2020, 04:29 PM
It’s easy reduce the horrendous grinding required for all your events, make the game fun and not a second job and load will decrease.

Ironstyle
04-20-2020, 06:17 PM
It’s easy reduce the horrendous grinding required for all your events, make the game fun and not a second job and load will decrease.

I second this. The whole deal with this game feeling like a second job was the reason I quit months ago. I came back a few days ago out of curiosity and see that not much has changed. I hope to just run my troopers and SoT and leave it at that. Maybe with clans and raids it will keep my interest a little more, but no more endless grinding for me!

Bartman9999
04-20-2020, 07:51 PM

YES! this!

EpicWebb
04-20-2020, 10:07 PM
I can't connect to the servers for almost 24 hours now. Lost out on the remaining time left in the Eddies room challenge. Has anyone else not been able to play the last 24 hours?

Wanderer
04-21-2020, 03:09 PM
I can't connect to the servers for almost 24 hours now. Lost out on the remaining time left in the Eddies room challenge. Has anyone else not been able to play the last 24 hours?

No, I have lost connection for one or two hours maximum, but never 24 hours.

dragonmat89
04-21-2020, 03:16 PM
I was playing fine this morning (UK time) but the last couple of hours have been really slow. I don't know whether this is because the server load has picked up in the US?

aileenquinn
04-21-2020, 03:34 PM
I was playing fine until 30 minutes ago. Then, connection issues started and also a new error (or at least something I didn't see before):

"Failed to download localization data. Please try again."

Anyway, another LOL Key wasted :(

SinGularity-8786
04-21-2020, 03:45 PM
First there was "New Data Available" message 45min ago.
Since then…