PDA

View Full Version : The Frogs Of War - There's room for YOU!

Lucifer
04-24-2020, 04:52 PM
“Of their faces and forms I dare not speak in detail; for the mere remembrance makes me grow faint... [T]hey were damnably human in general outline despite webbed hands and feet, shockingly wide and flabby lips, glassy, bulging eyes, and other features less pleasant to recall.”
― H.P. Lovecraft, Dagon

Hey there! Don’t worry, as far as I know none of our current clan members fit Lovecraft’s description despite us being the Frogs Of War (okay, maybe our clan leader does… but we still love him!).

We are a cool laid back clan with a mix of veteran players (Great Old Ones who have been playing for multiple years now) and newer players. Some of them you might have seen being active on this forum (like Cefiar, Azagthor, HugoW and there are more!), others aren’t, but we are all active in a Discord channel owned by Galactic Cosmos. In this Discord channel both clans (and other famous players) discuss all sorts of strategies in regards to clan raids and challenges, latest events, the arena, gauntlet as well as other character and talisman discussions. There are more channels and of course there is also plenty of room to chat about things unrelated to the game!
We love to see pictures of Iron Maiden collections and get some cool new music recommendations!

We currently have a few open spots and would love for YOU to join us!

WHO ARE YOU?
We are looking for players who have Discord or are willing to make a Discord account, since we use this platform to communicate with each other.
Joining our Discord channel is mandatory as it has shown that by communicating well and helping each other with strategies/teams, we have grown significantly and increased the overall fun!

You have to be a daily active player who enjoys the game and loves to share/discuss strategies and help others.

You need to be willing to do whatever you can to achieve the upcoming clan challenges TOGETHER as a clan.
(So far we have finished every single clan challenge, most of the challenges on the first day of release and sometimes even without a full clan!)

And you need to have a decent roster and have experience with raids. Don't worry, we will share out raid knowledge with you so we will reach SSS every week!

We all have busy lives and so we all know this game has to come second sometimes. That is totally fine as long as you communicate about how long you think you’ll be inactive AND you promise to be safe!

So, if you’re interested in joining our awesome clan and becoming a Frog Of War, then send me a message!
Tell me why you would like to join our clan and not one of the other cool ones out here and don’t forget to add your trooper tag!

hugoW
04-25-2020, 02:15 PM
Join us, we have cookies, and Thor Party!

Jdawg
04-25-2020, 02:26 PM
Well I believe we got WORLD SECOND for the invader Eddie event too. We don’t need compensation packs to clear out achievements. Even with a few empty seats, we can clear out just about anything. 😂🤘🏼
Oh and we love Iron Maiden. So come grab your cookies 🍪 and listen to run to the hills with us.

Natasmai
04-25-2020, 02:41 PM
Oh man.... you had me until run to the hills... man I hate that song

Azagthor
04-26-2020, 03:31 PM
Well I believe we got WORLD SECOND for the invader Eddie event too.

Lol, we might have been world second-last :P

hugoW
04-27-2020, 11:40 PM
We still have 1 cookie left for 1 spot in the clan!

Lucifer
05-01-2020, 01:13 PM
Hey there!

After our original post we have had some fresh blood join our clan and discord channel, however we currently still have two open spots!

We have been beating Odin more and more with some new strategies and the event calender for May shows that it has a few cool clan events for us in store.
If you are excited after reading the post above, meet the criteria and want to participate in raids and these events with us, then send me a message!

hugoW
05-01-2020, 11:24 PM
Join us!!!, i promise we don't have Ragnar themed looking partys every monday

Azagthor
05-02-2020, 03:49 AM
Join us!!!, i promise we don't have Ragnar themed looking partys every monday

Can confirm this is 100% true.

(we also have them on Thursdays)

Lucifer
05-06-2020, 11:35 AM
Hey there!

Here is a reminder that we still have two open spots!

If you are interested in joining us or want some more information about our clan/Discord first, just send me a message!

hugoW
05-14-2020, 09:48 PM
Hey there!

Here is a reminder that we still have two open spots!

If you are interested in joining us or want some more information about our clan/Discord first, just send me a message!

2 Spots open to anyone willing to use discord to chat with us and make part of our beautiful clan

Lucifer
05-16-2020, 05:47 PM
Hey there!

We have one last spot open, will you be joining us??

hugoW
05-21-2020, 05:00 PM
1 spot left for any cool frog before next Clan event - the Immortal Era will Begin... Better join us on the road to Valhalla

Lucifer
05-28-2020, 01:31 PM
Hey there!

I's been a while since I've posted an update, but we current have two spots open. Will you be part of our clan?

You can find some clan information on the first page of this thread.

Lucifer
05-30-2020, 04:06 PM
Hey there!

So, we have had another great player joining our clan the other day!
With a few new players joining our clan this past month, we have noticed it is necessary to keep on searching and to fill up our final two spots with active players.
I'm saying final two spots, because we have reached a point where all our clan members are active players who are strategising together in our Discord channel. This means once our clan is full, there will most likely be no new open spots for a long time!

Do you still want to join The Frogs of War? This is your chance!

Lucifer
06-02-2020, 05:23 PM
Hey there!

Just a reminder that we are still looking for players to fill up our final two spots with active players.

hugoW
06-09-2020, 08:34 PM
2 spots open in clan - special roles in this discord - https://discord.gg/h7xmWCs - to coordinate, send a message and join us!
If you are having trouble with this clan event or need an awesome and fun team to play, join us!

Oof!

Tyberius818-0338
06-12-2020, 04:34 AM
I'm a returning player, been back in the game about 3 months. I just left a clan and looking to join another. I've heard good things about frogs of war and would like to join if a spot is available. Daily player, still building teams for the raid bosses. I like to contribute what I can. Thanks

Lucifer
06-22-2020, 03:39 PM
Hey there!

Time flies and I realised it has been a while since I last posted an update, so here goes.

These past few weeks we have been working hard on optimising our clan strategy in game through lots of communication and cooperation.
With the effort of all Frogs this resulted in us finishing most of the clan event challenges on the first day of release, getting more efficient and effective in raids AND in having a lot of fun together!

Oh, what do I mean with us getting more efficient and effective in raids? Well, we can now proudly show everyone what we achieved this week as a clan:

I can also tell you that we are currently looking for three new active players who want to join us and be part of a 30 player friend group (and part of a bigger Discord community).

Want to know more about the Frogs Of War? Please read the clan information on the first page of this thread!

If you meet the requirements and are interested in joining us or maybe you want some more information about our clan/Discord first, just send me a message!

Cefiar
06-23-2020, 01:01 AM
So just an an update, thought I might explain (or at least try to) some of the "how" that behind Frogs of War going from just getting to our first Rank A to Rank SSS in ~4 weeks.

1. We recruited more people to get us up to full numbers.

Sure, it seems simple, but this is not always easy. There's only a limited number of people in the game, and a lot are already in clans. Plus if you're really looking to optimise your battles, you need people willing to work with you and communicate, so that does mean a lot of winnowing through applicants to find people who are suitable. Most of our other requirements are around communication.

2. Communication.

We used to have a lot of double ups, particularly of low level runs. More than one person running a level at a time, particularly the lower levels. As the higher levels give the most points, you really want to get to the X level fast. However, to maximise the amount of raid points per SoB, you want to really run the lower levels of raids only once if at all possible (unless you're specifically experimenting with teams, or there's a specific reason that makes it much easier). As part of that, we set up communications on a few fronts:

a. We do general comms through Discord. We could have used other chat systems (Slack, Matrix, FB group chat, IRC, whatever) but everyone needs to be in on it to make it effective. We still don't have everyone in discord (some have dropped off) and that hasn't helped, but winnowing them out definitely helped.

b. In-game chat to co-ordinate actual battles. To avoid duplicating runs, we use in-game chat almost exclusively to announce we're going to do a specific run, when we're with the run done. This stops people who fail to finish accidentally impacting people who go in with a top tier team. We also say if we failed to finish that raid boss off (for whatever reason), so someone can clean it up, preferably with a B-level team that wouldn't otherwise get used (ie: not quite powerful enough to finish a raid level off). The in-game chat is severely limited, so it works great for this (and you don't need to switch out of the game). The only other thing we tend to use the in-game chat for is urgent messages, as the in-game chat history is really limited.

c. Docs (eg: spreadsheets/shared notes/docs/etc). We share teams that work, teams that don't work, useful toons, overall notes, general strategies, basic ways we want people to do things, etc. Having these in fixed places really helps, as chat (even with things like pinned posts in discord) is quite ephemeral and simply doesn't last. Chat systems are also hard to sort through and search when you need them. Also the game changes over time, so having one set of things to refer to means you can update them with new info as things change, and everyone is immediately able to get that up to date info.

3. Collaboration in clan.

Helping out other clan members with building teams, or helping them build teams out of their existing selection of characters/talismans. That also goes towards testing new teams that seem to work with one person to verify that they're reliable, or if not, why not. That also means if someone needs toons or talis, helping them get them if at all possible, either by telling them where to find them in the game, or picking up slack to complete a clan goal so they then have access to extra resources. It's also recognising that life gets in the way of things and being understanding that not everyone has the time to throw their all into the game 24/7. This also means we try and let others know if we need to take some time off (for whatever reason). Having comms outside the game really helps here.

Plus things happen in game too. What should work against a raid boss doesn't due to either chance, a bug, comms errors, power outages, a wrong press in game, etc. We don't chew people out, we simply help them get back on track. That might mean helping them clean up, or it might be just giving them some advice and ideas.

Also, I will say that if you don't get on with your team mates, or at least are civil towards them, it can really make it hard. We used to have one person who was really disruptive and after removing them from the clan, our collaboration improved dramatically. Part of that was people were just less inclined to interact because of that persons presence. I also suspect that if you don't "in general" like and respect your clan members (ie: they rub you the wrong way), you need to find a new clan that is more what you prefer. Everyone's different.

They're mostly what allowed us to improve our rank. Communication was by far the biggest contributor.

Something else we noticed, is that if you don't get the rewards screen at the end of a raid run, then the points haven't yet made it into the clan raid points pool. We tested it and the best way seems to be to exit back to the main menu of the game (out of the clans sub-section). This seems to give the game the boot in the rear it needs to sync the points up. Even typing stuff in the chat doesn't help, though "sometimes" completing another run does.

Anyway, one other thing I wanted to share. With the addition of the counters for raid boss defeats on the raid levels (the number under the skulls on the top right of each raid boss panel), we've been able to see the battles we did this time to get SSS. We're going to record this over time and see how we can optimise it to reduce how much SoB we spend each week.

If there's no entry below, it means we've only completed it once:

Odin IX: 4
Odin X: 202
Baphomet VIII: 5
Baphomet IX: 56
Baphomet X: 29
Boss defeats: 322
Total Runs: 422

1043530 Raid Points

Note: We actually got 426 total runs and 1051030 raid points, but the above is all I have stats for.

Could we have done better? Sure. But we're still learning that, and you don't learn unless you know what you did right and what you didn't. So hopefully we'll do better next week. :D

Lucifer
07-04-2020, 05:55 PM
Hey there!

A new month has begun with a few new exciting clan events on the calender, including one to celebrate the 4-year anniversary of the game!

I thought this was the perfect time to post a reminder that we are still looking for active players to join The Frogs Of War.
We have had a new player join our clan which means we currently have two open spots.

Curious to find out more about The Frogs Of War? You can find some clan information on the first page of this thread.

SirSpooksAlot
10-01-2020, 12:41 AM
Hi I would like to join! Already have a discord and a decent roster but a bit behind the curve due to a one year hiatus but want to get back into the game and I can assure I am a daily player.