PDA

View Full Version : Game Update 6/10/2020 - Magus Character Challenge update 2pm PT

Ceeg_LOTB
06-10-2020, 09:00 PM
Hello Troopers!

We've heard your feedback on the Ancient Dreams Event Challenge that required Magus characters to win Gauntlet battles.

Originally this Challenge was not working as intended and was hotfixed as soon as possible, however this left many players unable to complete the challenge as they had already completed many of their Gauntlet battles.

Taking this into consideration, we have decided to change the Challenge at 2pm PT, to now require Arena battle Victories with Magus characters. No progress from the challenge will be lost either!

Ceeg

Muzzleloader
06-10-2020, 09:08 PM
The magus blue mino passive of applying a force shield to all allies did not count to the event acheviements.

Geodude
06-10-2020, 09:16 PM
What no warning anymore before an update? I was running a dungeon, and all of a sudden, connection error, and now I can't get back in the game. So much for that. Thx

MuzakMaker
06-10-2020, 09:20 PM
Good, but why the radio silence for this long? How hard would it have been to acknowledge our complaints and concerns between then and now?

GotN
06-10-2020, 09:21 PM
Yeah, would have been nice, if you had announced this one :/

Muzzleloader
06-10-2020, 09:25 PM
Why after trying to enter the store after a reboot or patch fix it takes you to a black screen with the spinning death face? You must then restart the game.

Yup
06-10-2020, 09:32 PM
It would be way cool if there was a "reset rank" button during arena events.....

I'd GLADLY give up my ranking and associated rewards to be able to complete event challenges. Once you reach a certain rank, the challenges become near impossible given that only a specific set of characters or talismans will meet the challenge. And above a point, those character/talismans aren't viable for wins. Or.. just make it "battles", not "wins".

Muzzleloader
06-10-2020, 09:33 PM
The original challenge stated play a battle. It was silently changed to wins

Yup
06-10-2020, 09:38 PM
Well, it wouldn't be so bad if there were such an animal as a weak defense above rank 100. But there really never is.

HuckFinn150
06-10-2020, 09:40 PM
Sadly, I don't look for any correction or compensation for the plethora of bugs and errors they've created. It's just keep as much going so the players don't have time to address and fuss about the issues...

Geodude
06-10-2020, 09:55 PM
Also, we already have a clan challenge to win 400 arena battles with assassins only. Now we have this duplicate task at the same time, but magus only? Come on. Preferred it the way it was before, especially with how hard it is to rack up wins in arena these days. If you're going to keep doing updates without any warning, what's your phone # so I can call in to check before I waste a key and start on a dungeon.

Cefiar
06-10-2020, 10:04 PM
So, while I appreciate the change in one way, the issues are:
1. Lack of notice or detail - I mean IN THE GAME ITSELF - there's a lot of people who aren't following you on Social Media or here on the forum - god knows what they're thinking right now.
2. Why not make it an either/or (ie: gauntlet or arena)?

Personally think you should just have removed the achievement altogether and given out the rewards. would have been a hell of a lot simpler and cause less confusion.

BeachPlease
06-10-2020, 11:40 PM
I really liked Yup's idea. It would be great to reset the arena rank at will.
I put a weak defense for the sake of achievements completion but not everyone does the same. It's almost impossible to beat those Max Odins with my magus Hierophant

Blazpheme
06-11-2020, 12:25 AM
So it went from 'Play' to 'Win', and now 'Gauntlet' to 'Arena' - what will it be tomorrow?
Why not 'Gauntlet OR Arena Battles'? Some of us had not yet run any Gauntlet battles, so this solution is not entirely helpful to everyone.

It is difficult to remain invested in an event when the challenges keep mutating, so I'm just going to skip this and wait for the next one...

Alvorada
06-11-2020, 03:11 AM
Extend the event duration!!

2 days of broken challenge, 2 days of extinction would be fair.

MuzakMaker
06-11-2020, 03:52 AM
I also like Yup's idea as my main complaint with Arena events is that we are incentivized to lose. Allow us to reset and no longer will you see a bunch of thrown attacks.

Plus the time it can take to get from mid 3000's to the mid 1000's is time that could be spent playing the event how it was meant.

Although I do have a sneaking suspicion that (especially this month) events are planned out in such a way that is meant for a bulk of the players to need the $20 pack to finish off the event.

Maiden
06-11-2020, 07:16 AM
Why you keep introducing arena events? I think its the only event that people really dislike it and on top of that you not only donīt offer nothing creative and different about the event but you screw it and "fix it" in the worse way. There were a lot of better solutions:

-Magus counting for arena AND gauntlet.
-Magus gauntlet reduced from 200 to at least 150.
-Magus battles closed and reward given.

Whats was your logic for asking arenas battles?

And yes I like also Yup idea about the resetting button, why are always WE the players who think in a creative way to solve the game?