PDA

View Full Version : Max GRE + Max Wickerman = Infinite fury repeats

Yup
06-10-2020, 11:39 PM
Since Max Wickerman increases the Special Stat each turn.. and GRE's Fury gives him an extra turn. ... after a few turn GRE can fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury, fury... until the other team is dead.

Nifelheim
06-11-2020, 03:08 AM
But is it a bug or effective synergy? They’re a few characters with the extra turn skill. The increase special is new, and main use is for fury, so... seems off to nerf either, but sure I can see how this can be annoying.

The pattern I usually see is a OP skill, followed by a new character/talisman for the counter down the road. Or perhaps they want to use the Stop utility the way they mentioned Bomb was limited.

dragonmat89
06-11-2020, 08:55 AM
Couple it with a pair of blockers and you have a near unbeatable team as GRE grants immunity to passive disables and the blocks just bounce between each other (had this in the Arena with GRE, Blue Lilith and Yellow Pharaoh Dog King), which would almost guarantee surviving enough turns for Wicker Man to amp up GRE's special enough.

Olevipoeg
06-11-2020, 12:54 PM
Max GRE is not immune to Passive Disable.

dragonmat89
06-11-2020, 12:58 PM
Oh, you're right. I swear I read it on one of the character effects as I couldn't figure out why Max Dark Lilith wasn't disabling passives. Must have been a talisman effect on one of them instead. Whatever the combo was, it worked - just ignore what I said it was :P

Yup
06-11-2020, 06:03 PM
It could be synergy.. but it all goes back to the need for an extra turn CAP... so that no character, at any time, anywhere, can ever have more than something like 6 turns. A cap woudl solve a LOT of these issues... The Beast.. C Lilith.. now GRE...

Yup
06-11-2020, 07:40 PM
Note the same thing happens with Gunner Pharaoh Dog King and Thor Ed... they go back and forth giving each other extra turns... forever... sitting here for the last 15 minutes just watching it... My only option in this case is the quit the battle. Losing.

slauki
06-11-2020, 09:54 PM
there is an extra turn cap it's called yellow dog....if you put in an cap most odin teams will be trash. beware what you ask for....

Yup
06-11-2020, 10:02 PM
Odin is already trash :) He's a glass cannon.... :) So far.. every class.

Puntwothree
06-13-2020, 04:06 PM
@Yup, I think @Slauki is talking about Raid Boss Odin. At an rate, the new Tali (this event) might be the Dev. Team’s general answer to turns. I think Labs got halfway there, but then there was Cosmic Serenity, and et cetera... (and of course there was G. Spirit dog @Slauki also mentioned, but he/she/it isn’t really in a competitive class of toons). Now all you need if you’re worried about ^^ is green slots.

Yup
06-13-2020, 07:35 PM
Actually, while the new talismans seem to work, they aren't really a factor overall. The infinite turn thing should really be addressed either way. There's no reason any character on EITHER side should even get more than 6 turns in a single round.

(Turn - single character has an action, round = all 4 characters have an action)