PDA

View Full Version : Please add something worthwile to the trooper store

wipp
06-19-2020, 01:04 PM
Us older players have all those chars,talis etc. Our trooper badges are just piling up. How about adding some sands of blood in there or something we can spend on.

Ironstyle
06-19-2020, 03:19 PM
I agree. Though I personally can use the trooper keys since I've still yet to finish those challenges (thanks multiple grind events that never end...) I pretty much purchase nothing else aside from the occasional soul if I need/want more for a new/ recently added toon. Some new talismans might be nice along with the SoB.

druid138
06-19-2020, 05:45 PM
Totally agree. The recently added characters are cool, especially for newer players. But, it would be great to have even more options. Sands of Blood, exclusive Trooper-themed characters, new skins for existing Trooper characters, new talismans, etc.

Muzzleloader
06-19-2020, 06:46 PM
You can always buy frags for dupe saccing.

Yup
06-19-2020, 08:16 PM
Only real use for Trooper badges... converting to FC.. BUT since the new scaling price thing.. it's not even worth that some times.

Random thoughts.....

Trooper badges for Event frags for the last 4 (closed) events to help finish off that "last little bit" you were unable to get.
SOT/W/B refill with Trooper badges
Cosmic frags for Trooper badges
Ironite for Trooper badges...

Geodude
06-19-2020, 09:11 PM
Yes please

Cefiar
06-20-2020, 03:32 AM
I just use them for buying VHE frags, which I then fully shard and save up for sac events, and the precious frags.

Only other time I've used them lately has been for the variety events when there's actually interesting stuff in store.

I have the same problem with IC too. Not much to spend it on that makes any sense.

Muzzleloader
06-20-2020, 05:11 PM
If it takes 5000 trooper badges for a SS, and 3500 for a rare G/A souls. What convertions rates do you think you would get,

wipp
06-20-2020, 05:16 PM
Id pay 7k badges for a sand of blood. Not sure i would pay more than that tho

Muzzleloader
06-20-2020, 05:38 PM
7K, I would say more like 20K at the rates of other items.

Nifelheim
06-20-2020, 08:06 PM
They have been adding to the trooper store regularly, at least lately. First with the eddies that couldn’t be replaced. Then prisoner and the witch added. Now madame, hierophant (that I spent a pile of heroic souls for).

I think the next frags that should/would be used as an in game currency is the onyx/shardbourne. Would follow the lillith,alchemist,FFE, other frags that can be used

druid138
06-20-2020, 08:32 PM
If it takes 5000 trooper badges for a SS, and 3500 for a rare G/A souls. What convertions rates do you think you would get,

Right, current prices aren't great, and prices for new items likely won't be great either. That's why I think the best solution would be to introduce some Trooper Store exclusive items like new characters or re-skins for existing characters. That way, high prices seem more justified.

The key issue here, in my opinion, is scarcity. Virtually all other items in the game are infinitely farmable with enough ironite: ICs, gold, leveling materials, etc. Even FCs, skill shards, etc. can be farmed now in dungeons.

But, Trooper badges remain scarce and limited. At best, we can accumulate ~2,500 per day. That being the case, I have no interest in spending them on anything that I can get some other way - as long as there is the potential of Trooper Store exclusive content in the future.

Azagthor
06-22-2020, 08:16 AM
Was thinking about this the other day, but is the Trooper Store the only way to get those common gunner/assassin souls?

druid138
06-22-2020, 05:37 PM
Was thinking about this the other day, but is the Trooper Store the only way to get those common gunner/assassin souls?

Yep. I think common gunner souls were awarded in one event awhile back. Maybe common assassin souls as well, in a different event. But, I think each were available in only one event at most. So, the Trooper Store is pretty much the only source for them.

Muzzleloader
06-22-2020, 06:45 PM
They were available as rewards from the original missions were you earned the yellow and red dog.

Azagthor
06-23-2020, 03:38 AM
So, the Trooper Store is pretty much the only source for them.

They were available as rewards from the original missions were you earned the yellow and red dog.

I regret sacrificing all my 1-2* G/A characters from those mission rewards! Will be a bit of a pain trying to collect those characters again now.

Mateja
06-23-2020, 07:01 PM
I regret sacrificing all my 1-2* G/A characters from those mission rewards! Will be a bit of a pain trying to collect those characters again now.

It isn't really, may seem like a lot of toons but they all drop from a stack or two. Maaybe a few souls more if you get unlucky. The painful part is buying that many souls one by one...

And on the OP topic...
A new addition unique to the trooper store would be very much welcome, it got stale 2 years ago. Adding some regular toons in there is a nice touch but a lot of us have everything and at least a 6 digit number of trooper badges.