PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary souls are broken

Cthulhu
07-12-2020, 10:27 PM
There is something very wrong with the anniversary souls.

My wife and I have opened about 15 between us, and they only drop Onyx Sons, Shardbornes, and War golems.

This is what a bunch of 8 gave:

From the event description, they are supposed to drop 3*-5* non-exclusive characters released in the past year. I am pretty sure there were more characters released than War Golems, Onyx Sons, and Shardbornes.

Anyone else having the same experience?

BeachPlease
07-13-2020, 04:05 AM
Hi Cthulhu, go check the fragments section in The Book of Souls.
There you have all the potential drops from this type of soul. I can't remember now but it's no more than 15-20 different characters.

Yup
07-13-2020, 06:59 AM
Odds are a shitty as ever. Tons of shardborne/onyx sons here as well.. but a Gunner Minotaur did drop.

Cthulhu
07-13-2020, 11:22 AM
Hi Cthulhu, go check the fragments section in The Book of Souls.
There you have all the potential drops from this type of soul. I can't remember now but it's no more than 15-20 different characters.

There are a lot of 4* characters that they can drop. Dropping 90% Shardbornes and Onyx Sons is definitely a bug.

AndyCatzo
07-13-2020, 02:50 PM
There are a lot of 4* characters that they can drop. Dropping 90% Shardbornes and Onyx Sons is definitely a bug.

that is not a bug, it is just the RNG, not everything in the game is a bug, lol! I've opened my anniversary souls and I got a Viking invader Eddie, a Flight of Icarus Eddie, a Magus and Assassin werewolf, Lamia, Caria and some of the Shardbornes and Onyx sons.

Smudger24
07-13-2020, 10:20 PM
Got the same thing here. Shardborne, Onyx son, and golems. After 21 souls. Typical event drops for me.

HuckFinn150
07-13-2020, 10:43 PM
It was good for me. I already had all the shardbornes, but none of the onyx sons. So I got all of them and hellraiser Eddie.

RobG-9641
07-14-2020, 11:31 AM
Souls are absolutely broken and overloaded to drop Onyx Sons & Shardborns. These characters should not even be included as they have dedicated souls available from Lord of Light... waste of time and resources of an event. Shame too, because Anniversary events used to be the best events.

Yup
07-14-2020, 01:00 PM
It's not "broken". It is merely because the poole of characters is so much smaller the shitty odds are more apparent. These are the same odds you have with any "rare" soul... you either get lucky.. or you get the same lower-end characters all the time. Heck, I've dropped 99 Heroic souls and NOT gotten the top 2 featured characters there..... the odd have always been fairly crappy.

As for these... yes all shardbornes and onyx sons with the occasional golem... but I did have G and M Minotaurs drop once each as well.

MuzakMaker
07-14-2020, 06:34 PM
It's not "broken". It is merely because the poole of characters is so much smaller the shitty odds are more apparent. These are the same odds you have with any "rare" soul... you either get lucky.. or you get the same lower-end characters all the time. Heck, I've dropped 99 Heroic souls and NOT gotten the top 2 featured characters there..... the odd have always been fairly crappy.

As for these... yes all shardbornes and onyx sons with the occasional golem... but I did have G and M Minotaurs drop once each as well.

The pools for this soul are actually a lot better than most other event souls because there are barely any 3 souls. This is the first non-legendary soul to be stacked towards 4*s.

That being said I would feel insulted to pull only shardbornes and onyx sons as they have their own soul that is relatively easy to obtain and farm.

Azagthor
07-14-2020, 08:00 PM
I'm expecting mine to all have shard/onyx characters too, but wont be too unhappy having a bunch of extra 4* characters once the next sacrifice event starts.

Yup
07-14-2020, 08:10 PM
That being said I would feel insulted to pull only shardbornes and onyx sons as they have their own soul that is relatively easy to obtain and farm.

But not everyone can run LOL 14/15 easily.

I suppose I'm not that bothered by it because I have the characters in the souls and there's nothing new there for me no matter what drops (similar to heroic souls).

MuzakMaker
07-14-2020, 09:39 PM
But not everyone can run LOL 14/15 easily.

I suppose I'm not that bothered by it because I have the characters in the souls and there's nothing new there for me no matter what drops (similar to heroic souls).

Not yet, but those characters are not need for those levels so instead of getting something that isn't available elsewhere you get something that has become a permanent fixture of the game.

Not only that but eventually will reach the point of bloating your inventory. I think we all know the pain of trying to get something in this game and then once you do, it floods your experience and you begin to hate seeing it everytime you open souls.

Mateja
07-15-2020, 04:25 PM
Only 4 of all characters in the soul aren't currently available anywhere else. It's crap luck when you get something you don't want but that's all it is. Out of 29 4* available, 10 are Onyx/Shardborne. That tends to stack the odds. I got 2 5* and all the rest were onyx sons and shardbornes. It's the same reason why you mostly get crap from a legendary soul (for example) there's just so much of it. The only questionable thing here is the choice of what's available from anniversary souls. It would've been nice to see a cosmic lilith or someone like her but that would prevent a possible cash grab when she comes around again.

MuzakMaker
07-15-2020, 09:18 PM
Only 4 of all characters in the soul aren't currently available anywhere else. It's crap luck when you get something you don't want but that's all it is. Out of 29 4* available, 10 are Onyx/Shardborne. That tends to stack the odds. I got 2 5* and all the rest were onyx sons and shardbornes. It's the same reason why you mostly get crap from a legendary soul (for example) there's just so much of it. The only questionable thing here is the choice of what's available from anniversary souls. It would've been nice to see a cosmic lilith or someone like her but that would prevent a possible cash grab when she comes around again.

Honestly you would have thought with how greedy the game has felt of late, they would have put CL in those souls with low rates or the whole "buy 75 souls to get frags for her" thing.

Instead I'm hearing of very few people buying souls because of what you mentioned.

Yup
07-15-2020, 09:42 PM
yeah.. why no C Lilith... Odins.... Passive Trooper Ed... LAD .... Apocy DD Ed.... ... etc.. for an "anniversary" soul there are A LOT of characters from the last year missing.