PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Cosmics (Gauntlet)

Puntwothree
08-20-2020, 12:36 AM
[Some stuff that got construed as self-important. Redacted.]

This thread was started to compliment a companion thread I wrote months ago entitled, “Top 5 5-Sets (Gauntlet).” You can still see it on this Sub-Forum (if you squint).

My opinions from that thread have changed very little. Shout out to Metal (which is situationally very good), Babylon, and Prudence (for last season alone)... I had none of these when I wrote that last article... but, yeah: the Talis I mentioned are solid choices, and the order I put them in still very much makes sense to me. And... these three ^^ aren't technically 5-sets. So... there?

Now, for Cosmics. If I'm going to advise you what 5-sets to play, it makes sense to FINALLY compliment that advice with what Cosmics might make sense with them. Alright. Ready? In reverse order... here we go!

(A quick note: I've only included Cosmic Talismans I currently own, which includes none of the ones which could be purchased (i.e. Clover, which I envy with all my heart) or have yet to be released (Grail, maybe? Fortune, definitely!). With more and better effects coming out as Cosmics all the time, the timing of this article is and/but always will be silly. Yet there is a very good reason I chose to write it now, which will be revealed by the credits.)

5) HP +15%.

Huh?

Yep, it's a completely ridiculous choice, which I type for you now for a very specific reason: many of the effects that have been released as cosmics are fairly specific. They are not ubiquitously good, and sometimes they require you to land perfect hits, or rely on chance triggers, etc. I don't intend to have my winning or losing determined by exactly when I click or what RNG chooses to give me. Some effects I really like, i.e. Present, are likely to see you dead if you go second (no Def, MR, or HP), and some (i.e. Limbo) I simply haven't played with enough to judge the value of.

So, why HP +15%? Because stats matter. Defense particularly, because you better bet that other team is going to get a turn. And my HP +15% (which I would normally toss) just happens to be of the T3 Red variety, with high Mag and high HP. It does a pretty great job keeping me alive in conjunction with Artifact (see previous article). No messy mucking about in hyperspace.

4) Siege

It is a crime this is so high. Or, low. Or, you know what I mean.

Siege was the first head-scratching 4-set I saw as a Cosmic, if you don't count the Fortune Cosmic P2W Talismans I saw on a couple Lucifers a couple gauntlet seasons ago. Sets of this caliber shouldn't be cosmics. It is a properly weighted 4-set, and saving three slots for a talisman is just too good.

Siege makes my list while Gate doesn't for two reasons: 1) it can strip + effects, including golden effects, and 2) its stats line up very well. Siege gives you immunity from Physical Damage and boosts your MR significantly. Between these two things, it makes the toon wearing it very hard to kill whilst also offering some nice upside. Don't get me wrong...: Gate is situationally good, and even sometimes game-winning. But it isn't as ubiquitous as Siege. Ubiquity makes the list.

3) Bespoke P. Dog/Banshee/Russian Family/Lilith

Remember how I just discussed ubiquity? Like my HP +15% selection, this one is a little silly and kind of feels like cheating. However, all of these cosmics can be affixed to at least 4 different toons and give you access to effects that are very powerful (or even essential) in gauntlet matches. P. Dog and Banshee Bespoke Cosmics are solid choices pretty much always. The Russian Family Cosmics and Lilith are great in specific match-ups that happen often enough (read: every season, without fail) to deserve mention. I usually take a Lilith to fight Moonchild so I don't have to land perfect hits (and get at least a little bit of Doom immunity, although it seems like this Cosmic can still be disabled). The Russian Family you want on hand against most Odins, A. Werewolf, and now (in particular) Redan... because if you can't keep Crave up on Redan reliably she'll never die through all her revenge-healing.

The other reason I added Bespokes to this list is to emphasize exactly how good these last two selections are.

2) Serenity

Serenity was already excellent, and then it began to drop from common souls with Mag. to go along with its Att. and HP. That particular variation isn't *better* than the original (HP/Att./Sp.), but being different gives you more options to play with.

It seems like every team worth its Gauntlet salt can Doom you eventually, which is one reason Serenity gets the nod. But if it can't Doom you, it can inflict Perfect Disable on your everybody. Or even Perfect Stun or Perfect sleep. There are so many bad effects you simply don't get with Serenity on. There have been so many times... SO MANY... that I lose a Gauntlet battle and think, "I would have won that with Serenity." This is a mistake I will hopefully no longer be making.

Literally better than most Bespoke Cosmics, most of the time.

Kidding, not.

1) Alchemy

This one was a mistake. By which I mean, creating it was a mistake. It is also the reason for this article.

Refer to my previous article. Please? No? It's OK, I don't blame you. Well so anyway, in my previous article (...grumbles...) Alchemy makes my list over Celestial. And after Celestial gets boosted, Alchemy will still top Celestial IMO. And also Niflehiem, which did not exist when that article was written. Alchemy is not only a 5-set (giving you 4 slots of value), but it is a 5-set that I believe is still meta-relevant, at least in Gauntlet. It is one of the very few sets that has lasted as long as it has and is only a little worse for wear.

The worst way to lose a gauntlet match is to get bogged down by negative effects. Between Serenity and Alchemy, every single one of your toons can now be battle-ready for every Gauntlet match. And unlike Angel, which has mediocre stats and cleanses only the toon you put it on, Alchemy fixes your whole team if you can find a safe place to put it (and without blue slots!). I can't overstate how fortune-changing this Cosmic can be.

Let's be real. Top 5-five sets was an article about how good Yggdrassil was (And is, still. That was a good call. Way to go, me.). This is an article about Alchemy. The rest of the analysis or whatever doesn't really matter.

MuzakMaker
08-20-2020, 12:57 AM
You kind of touch on this but ranking eds, talismans, cosmics, and everything in this game is kind of pointless in terms of gauntlet.

Upper levels of gauntlet is all about countering the team your facing with what toons you have left and what talismans they can wear.

And if you are really concerned about hits on this post, I would recommend doing something about the formatting so it doesn't read as a giant wall of text. Maybe some images or trimming some of the text might help. Even breaking it up in to multiple comments in the thread might help.

Yup
08-20-2020, 02:27 AM
1 Bespoke.. any character
2 Serenty
3 Angel (the original.. not how they nerfed it later.)
4 Alchemy
5 Echo

All the HP/MR/etc boosts can be done via the other sets on the character.

Gauntlet is a joke.. I waste time on the lower grades that NEVER cause anything even close to a loss... then I hit SS or SSS with teams so impossibly overpowered with impossible talisman set up that it takes several tries. Nothing quite like trying to compete against a cheating system.

Puntwothree
08-20-2020, 03:10 AM
I would say ranking toons is pointless in gauntlet but ranking talismans is not. You will not always have access to every toon, but if you plan your attack right you can always have access to every talisman.

This ranking system could be useful if, say, you have passed the gatekeeper phase of a stage and you’re trying to figure out who to save up for the next round. My go-to toons for “fluff” matches are now Magus toons or toons with Magus slots, seeing as anyone and also their mothers can now wear Alchemy.

In no universe is Angel better than Alchemy. The “cleanse” is better on Alchemy and it hits 4x as many toons. Angel doesn’t give invincibility for one turn. The 5% heal on Angel is irrelevant. (The stats? Original Angel has some pretty cool stats. Alas, I don’t have that variant.)

Puntwothree
08-20-2020, 03:11 AM
Incidentally, I really don’t care about hits. I do this ^^ because I think it’s fun. I could make it more user friendly if I were feeling generous.

MuzakMaker
08-20-2020, 03:28 AM
Incidentally, I really don’t care about hits. I do this ^^ because I think it’s fun. I could make it more user friendly if I were feeling generous.

Hit's was literally your first point and is a stat that you have to search to find. If you didn't really care you wouldn't know.

But again. Ranking is more of a "I like this" and less of a "This is better than that". Doesn't matter how useful any of us think a cosmic is if the team your facing is either immune to it or if it serves no point (like siege against a team that only does true damage). There is just too much context that prevents any equivocal statement for any of the current cosmics.

Puntwothree
08-20-2020, 04:03 AM
...? Search to find? You mean, how you have to search a globe to find the Pacific Ocean?

If you look at any thread, you see Title (Views). I hadn’t looked at my Views for the 5-Sets thread for months. Nonetheless, I went back and glanced it over before writing this one.

The reason I hadn’t “seen” or “checked” my views for months is, I don’t check the PvP Sub Forum often. Or really, at all.

If I was concerned with hits, would I have hidden my post in a Sub Forum I don’t check often? Or really, at all?

Pay no head to the order in which I made my “points.” This isn’t a newspaper article, and if it were I wouldn’t have written it. The relevant information doesn’t come first.

In fact, by the very nature of it being a ranking thread, the relevant information comes last.

The hits thing was a light-hearted element of the introduction. The conclusion was, “I wrote article to tell you to grab Alchemy and use it. Nothing else matters.” Just like the crux of “5-Sets” was, “Don’t dismiss Yggs (this new set that just came out). It is the real deal.”

I could have started a new thread in general that said, “Grab Alchemy and use it!!” That would have been straight-forward and user-friendly. But it wouldn’t have been fun.

Probably would have gotten more hits.

Puntwothree
08-20-2020, 04:20 AM
This is why Ranking Threads/Articles/what have you are fun:

Everyone has favorite... in this case Talismans, and the chances are there is overlap between most people’s favorites but most lists are not the same. Like the fact that I disregarded most Bespoke talis out of hand and said both Serenity and Alchemy are usually better. That is probably not a popular choice.

So people will get worked up about how you ranked something (or didn’t), and hopefully have a spirited (and yes, pointless) debate with you about why your choices are not theirs.

And you, and they, and every bystander that chooses to participate (or not) can chide each other over those choices, and/or who is supposedly smarter, and why, and in so doing perhaps have a think about their preferences (or mine) and try out something new. It is supposed to be a roundabout, whimsical, and not entirely instructive exercise all things considered, which is why I posted it under “PvP” and not under “Guides.”

By coming in and saying “all rankings are pointless,” you are not only raining on my parade but on everyone who might otherwise have voiced an opinion that doesn’t match mine.

Yup had the right idea, though I could have done without “Gauntlet is dumb” vibe.

MuzakMaker
08-20-2020, 05:21 AM
This is why Ranking Threads/Articles/what have you are fun:

Everyone has favorite... in this case Talismans, and the chances are there is overlap between most people’s favorites but most lists are not the same. Like the fact that I disregarded most Bespoke talis out of hand and said both Serenity and Alchemy are usually better. That is probably not a popular choice.

So people will get worked up about how you ranked something (or didn’t), and hopefully have a spirited (and yes, pointless) debate with you about why your choices are not theirs.

And you, and they, and every bystander that chooses to participate (or not) can chide each other over those choices, and/or who is supposedly smarter, and why, and in so doing perhaps have a think about their preferences (or mine) and try out something new. It is supposed to be a roundabout, whimsical, and not entirely instructive exercise all things considered, which is why I posted it under “PvP” and not under “Guides.”

By coming in and saying “all rankings are pointless,” you are not only raining on my parade but on everyone who might otherwise have voiced an opinion that doesn’t match mine.

Yup had the right idea, though I could have done without “Gauntlet is dumb” vibe.

If you had phrased it as "what are your favourite talismans than that would be fine. Instead you phrased at Top 5 Gauntlet talismans. That is what is pointless and I'm going to side with Yup, Gauntlet really is quite dumb. Good on you for spending or wasting (depends on your point of view) towards your bragging rights of winning 100+ battles for marginal rewards.

If you want here are my top 5.

5. The best counter for the left ally
4. The best counter for the middle ally
3. The best counter for the right ally
2. The best counter for the Ed
1. The best counter for the entire team.

Puntwothree
08-20-2020, 06:06 AM
Is your favorite toon also the best toon? And your favorite food is the tastiest? And your favorite color is the most appealing?

Tell me under what circumstances Cosmic Preset is “the best counter” to anything, and I’ll pretend your non-argument has merit. (Keep in mind that I like Cosmic Present.) You are acting like Cosmics are Rock, Paper, or Scissors, when in reality Rock rips through Paper and the Scissors didn’t even work to begin with.

Not that I was asking your opinion. In fact, I believe I was asking you to please refrain from continuing to give it.

What I believe I said was that I wrote this thread for enjoyment and your tangential opinion, which I never asked for, is making it less enjoyable. Now you may proceed to argue with me about what I meant by that.

Or, seeing as there is no way this thread can effect you (given that you believe rankings are pointless and gauntlet is dumb), you could go read something that matters to you.

Yup
08-20-2020, 10:42 AM
I've made it to #1 in the Gauntlet without a single loss (actually placed #1 in PvP that week as well)... truth of the matter is.. it's LUCK.. all LUCK and having every possible Eddie available so you use them all. Talismans, while swaying a battle, are really not THAT much of a (winning) factor. The Gauntlet uses talisman setups on character which you CAN'T do.. so again.. it's luck.... I've won Battles with Mummy Ed I should never have won.... And yeah, rewards are very pitiful considering the effort required. I mean.. not even any ironite... how pathetic is that.

Puntwothree
08-20-2020, 12:16 PM
The reward for wining gauntlet... is winning gauntlet. If you are externally motivated by ironite, the only thing you should be doing in this game is raiding.

If your objective is to bad-mouth gauntlet, move along. I don’t want you on this thread.

Luck is of course important ... in any game with tons of RNG. Gauntlet is a bit silly oftentimes, in that it ends up being a glorified Ed count (and now, a glorified Ed + Amulet count). I’ve admitted as much before. I’ve placed 2nd and 3rd for that reason several times before... with better records and more effort (and luck) than when I won it.

This thread isn’t about how much sense it makes to play gauntlet. It’s a thread for people who like gauntlet despite the fact that it might not “make sense” to play. So please don’t belittle me and give me a hard time for no good reason.

If you want to try and belittle my ranking choices and try and offer reasonable alternatives, bring it on!

MuzakMaker
08-20-2020, 12:44 PM
To put it bluntly, if you don't want to find out people disagree with you or hear other's opinions don't make posts.

You are not the one authority on this game and telling people who disagree with you to shut up and leave is not a discussion.

I am sorry that you seem to be getting so upset at others disagreeing with you.

Muzzleloader
08-20-2020, 02:00 PM
Where in Yups post did he belittle your choices in anyway? In the same post how did he bad mouth gauntlet. He just stated facts as he saw them.

I personally dont like gauntlet and do the minimum to earn the toons and talis. I think it is ridiculous with some ot thier setups, I dont bad mouth the game I just move on to something that I like.

Puntwothree
08-20-2020, 03:24 PM
You’re not disagreeing. You’re not engaging at all. Saying, “You’re whole post is irrelevant, and Gauntlet is, too,” hardly counts as an opinion about the content of my post.

I’m not upset, either. I’m just calling you out for what you’re doing, which is trolling me. If you wish to continue trolling me, you could at least acknowledge what you’re doing.

If this becomes a contest to see who has the most breath you’ll find I am very long winded.

Edit: Yup said two things: 1) Gauntlet is a joke, 2) Gauntlet is luck. Both of these count as opinions, but they are tangential to the ranking of talis and belittle the whole idea that talis (or gauntlet) matter. His first post had his own set of rankings, which is positive engagement with the content of the article even though he disagreed with me.

MuzakMaker
08-20-2020, 03:30 PM
Not trolling. I just have an opinion that differs from yours.

Now if you ever want to actually engage in respectful discussion I'll be happy to join in but until you reach that point I'm done dealing with someone so incensed by a forum post.

Puntwothree
08-20-2020, 03:54 PM
“If you want to belittle my ranking choices...”

These are my words. Read them.

This ^^ is an invitation. “If you want to, please do.” I am welcoming “belittling my ranking choices.” I am welcoming disagreement... on the choices I made. Again, dismissing gauntlet and ranking systems entirely is a different matter. That nearly does get under my skin (though my skin is very thick, and I have many layers to go).

What you’re doing, Musak, is simply trying to make me look bad. You won’t manage it, because I think your words speak for themselves, and you have voiced enough “opinions” on enough threads you might as well be be screaming bloody murder about a wolf.

Saying over and over that I’m incensed does not make it true. But if you think it is, now is your chance to make good your boast that you will no longer engage with someone like me.

If you want to counter with an actual list of cosmic talismans you think are good, be my guest. If you want to make a specific criticism about a specific choice that I’ve made, instead of saying “it doesn’t make any sense to choose,” be my guest. If you want to continue to talk about how you don’t like Gauntlet, I would ask you why you chose to reply so many times to a thread on that topic with no interest to you.

Muzzleloader
08-20-2020, 04:53 PM
We know you can be a little lengthy in your posts, and there is nothing wrong with that.

How is saying gauntlet is a joke belittling your talisman rankings? He never made a comment on the choices or reasoning behind your choices. What is the rational behind saying gauntlet is a joke and luck to win is denigrating your opinions?

You won and have ranked high in gauntlet several times kudos to you. I never will because I choose not to invest the time in that endevour. That and I am shy a few toons and talisman.

MuzakMaker
08-20-2020, 05:10 PM
“If you want to belittle my ranking choices...”

These are my words. Read them.

This ^^ is an invitation. “If you want to, please do.” I am welcoming “belittling my ranking choices.” I am welcoming disagreement... on the choices I made. Again, dismissing gauntlet and ranking systems entirely is a different matter. That nearly does get under my skin (though my skin is very thick, and I have many layers to go).

What you’re doing, Musak, is simply trying to make me look bad. You won’t manage it, because I think your words speak for themselves, and you have voiced enough “opinions” on enough threads you might as well be be screaming bloody murder about a wolf.

Not trying to belittle your choices and not trying to make you look bad, I'm simply saying that I reject the premise of a generic ranking of talismans for gauntlet because talismans can be reused and situational needs outweigh everything else and I did that with out a personal attack.

Now if you want to give me a hypothetical situation for which I would need to decide which talismans to use then I would gladly give you a top 5 cosmics for that situation.

Puntwothree
08-20-2020, 05:24 PM
Muzzle... okay. 2 things.

1) I often confuse you with Muzak. Because of the first three letters of your names, responding in quick succession. I apologize for this... to both of you. No matter how I may feel about either of you, individually, it’s on me to read more closely and realize who I am debating with.

2) I was happy Yup responded to this thread, and even happier with the nature of his response... until he had to tag on that he thought Gauntlet was “a joke.” That is a bit belittling. If I just won president of a school board and you said, “that position doesn’t mean anything, though, and politics are a waste of time,” do you really think I would feel just as good about winning? I already admitted in the OP that I seized an opportunity when the player base was collectively apathetic to win my Gauntlet title, and I’ve been so close so many times that even my clannies kind of assumed my winning was just a matter of course and and just a function of my tenacity. I don’t need any more anti-climax.

Still, I was ready to gloss over that last paragraph.. and then it just sort got wrapped up in this Musak argument (/non-argument, whatever we want to call it). Yup coming back to the table to say Luck was the defining factor in winning gauntlet (thus insinuating, again, that talismans don’t matter) felt like a unnecessary pile on, in context.

I had hoped that a post such as this might drum up enthusiasm for Gauntlet and spark a debate about talismans, not spark a debate about whether Gauntlet is worthwhile and call into question whether talismans are important at all.

To be clear: I like Gauntlet.

MuzakMaker
08-20-2020, 05:34 PM
I will say Gauntlet was initially fun for me and I am glad that others still find fun in it. But for me the rewards don't even come close to matching the time and effort to deal with the current talisman management system. I go as far as I can without switching everything around or until I get what I need to complete the taliman set or finish getting frags for the featured toon. All the other rewards are either pointless to me (heroic frags) or can be obtained easier/quicker elsewhere in the game.

Aside from Iron coins but odds are if you're reaching SSS consistently you only need those for the spending events anyways.

Talisman selection is the second most important part of gauntlet right behind character management (only because it determines which talisman sets you can use) so I like the idea of having some go-to talismans that you love to use but using a favourite cosmic might hurt you if it doesn't counter as well as one you don't like.

Ignoring ALL of that if you really just want a list of top 5 cosmics that I tend to use here you go:
Serenity
Alchemy (potentially haven't actually used it in gauntlet yet but I expect to like it)
Sacred
Steel
Blight

Puntwothree
08-20-2020, 05:54 PM
I have two questions about that list.

1) Sacred is a cosmic? How do I get my hands on that??

And

2) Blight?

I love Blight... for grinding. Please tell me you aren’t playing Gauntlet matches on auto.

MuzakMaker
08-20-2020, 06:28 PM
Looks like my brain auto completed instead of sacred I meant seige.

Yep. Blight while Auto Playing because auto play speeds things up and I'm never going for rank only rewards.

Yup
08-20-2020, 08:19 PM
If your objective is to bad-mouth gauntlet, move along. I don’t want you on this thread.

Oh the arrogance to assume you "own" this PUBLIC forum or any part of it.

Hate to break it to you snowflake... But it's not for you to say who posts or what they post anywhere.

Don't you tip over with an ego that big? You must have a neck like a tree trunk to hold up that massive head containing your ego.

You're a fool.... clearly.

Natasmai
08-20-2020, 09:12 PM
And this right here is why your posts dont have any hits. You are a fool, you are ignorant, you are making a strong case for the worst forum member of all time... and believe me, there is some strong competition.

NEWS FLASH!!!! people dont visit these forums anymore, because the only people that do are people like you.

Now, Im going to go back to doing whatever it is that I do for the next 3 months or so until someone says "you gotta see what this jackass is posting on the forums"... See you then!

Puntwothree
08-20-2020, 10:58 PM
How the Jomsvikings unite.

Beddie
08-20-2020, 11:09 PM
How the Jomsvikings unite.

You say that like it’s a negative?

Puntwothree
08-20-2020, 11:26 PM
Do you ever come out in support of an OP? Or to facilitate discussion? I think Muzzleloader does sometimes, and Yup as well. By the time the reserve squad arrives you guys are apparently willing to break months-long hiatuses to display open hostility.

That could be why these forums don’t see a lot of activity. I mean, there aren’t a lot of people who enjoy it when a clan comes out in force to call them an idiot.

Natasmai
08-20-2020, 11:30 PM
if the dunce cap fits...

Dont want to be called an idiot? Dont be one.

Puntwothree
08-20-2020, 11:35 PM
*Jomsvivings continue to give me a hard time for no good reason.*

Hey, there. I thought you were going to wait three months?

I’ll mark it on my calendar. I could use another good insult. ;-).

Yup
08-20-2020, 11:52 PM
No good reason?? You're the one telling people to "leave your thread".

I get it.. you're the type where you think it's ALWAYS someone else's fault, right?

It's one thing to state you disagree.. but to be so self-involved you feel justified in telling anyone who disagrees with you to leave is another matter. I posted **nothing** about you or your opinion. I merely posted my opinion. YOU are the one that responded in a condescending manner telling me to leave as if you own" this thread. If your bloated ego is so fragile as to not withstand a different opinion, you should NOT be posting in a public forum. Because, again snowflake, hate to tell you... but not everyone is going to agree with you.

Puntwothree
08-21-2020, 12:00 AM
When you create a new thread, there is little button you click. It says, "Create new thread."

Then, the thread is yours. Not the forum, not the sub-forum, but the thread. It isn't really up to you who posts in response to your thread, and those particular words were probably an overstep. Would you like me to apologize for them? Fine. I'm sorry I told you not to post on my thread.

If you would like to call off your men, now... I mean, that would be nice. Then maybe someone else could engage with my thread. (Honestly, I'm surprised you did. Or Muzak. I was kind of under the impression that the PvP sub-forum was dead.)

Yup
08-21-2020, 12:45 AM
No. The thread is NOT yours.. this is a PUBLIC space.

Hence the monikers.. "Forum", "Bulletin Board", "Community".

If you want to have a private conversation a "forum" is not the place for it.

And I called no one. Anyone else showed up on their own accord. It's typically what people who like you and support you will do. Whether asked to or not. I don't fault them for chiming in if they agree with me. But, I'm perfectly capable of expressing my opinion and pointing out how ridiculous you are being all on my own.

Puntwothree
08-21-2020, 01:21 AM
The act of creation makes it my thread. Like when you have a kid, it’s your kid.

Your kid is his/her own person and will interact with the world in his/her own way. Calling it your kid is not incorrect, however.

I could throw a party in a public park, and it would be my party. I don’t get to decide who shows up, but the “party” is still “mine,” as in, “started by me.”

If I can’t tell you not to post on my thread, you can’t tell me where I’m allowed to have a private conversation. Go ahead and listen if you’d like.

Puntwothree
08-21-2020, 01:29 AM
I would point out that at this point we are arguing about my use of the word “my,” and that three of your buddies went out of their way to trash talk me because of my use of the word “my.”

Oh my, my.

You may not have sicced them on me, but neither did you indicate that in any way what they said to me might have been inappropriate.

Yup
08-21-2020, 04:01 AM
And a party in a public party is liable to HEAR others speaking... and you.. you'd tell them to leave the park.

You are a moron. Clearly.

GrimDusk
08-21-2020, 04:03 AM
What happened here

Puntwothree
08-21-2020, 04:42 AM
@GrimDusk:

We had a party in a public park. It was my party... for the record. And then Yup shouted, “This party is lame!” So I said, “You’re welcome to leave, then!” I had to shout because of the music (it was Iron Maiden. Classic.). But he’s still here... I guess?

;-).

:-).

:-p.

All caught up?

Rain88
08-21-2020, 09:33 AM
You are a moron. Clearly.

"Everyone you encounter is fighting a battle you know nothing about.
Treat others as you wish to be treated." -Yup

Ironstyle
08-21-2020, 03:31 PM
To be fair, Yup didn't insult OP right off the bat. He found himself in a battle and thus needed to defend himself. However he and anyone else does that is on them.

Also...this thread is not like a party thrown at a public park. A party thrown at a public park still only invites people they know, making it at least semi-private. No one throws a part at a park and invites everyone in town. If you post a public thread, everyone is automatically invited whether you like them and/or their opinions or not.

What I took from the beginning of all this was Yup stated Gauntlet was lame. That's not belittling. That's an opinion. Maybe one OP didn't ask for, but Yup was not out of bounds to express this opinion in a thread about Gauntlet. Now, if he said the post was lame and pointless and OP was a moron for posting it to begin with, that could be argued as belittling.

For the record, I am not part of Yup's clan. I was not sicced on anyone here. Just expressing an opinion in a public forum based on the contents inside said public forum.

Puntwothree
08-21-2020, 04:11 PM
Oh yes. I threw everything I had at Yup. Let’s review:

Names bestowed upon me by Yup et al.:
1) Moron
2) Dunce
3) Snowflake
4) Fool
5) Jackass

Names bestowed upon Yup by me:
1) Yup.

I also apologized, whereas Yup didn’t, and removed parts of the OP in order to try and shift the focus of this discussion. So under the circumstances (the onslaught of names I used, for instance) I would say Yup defended himself admirably.

Do you have any thoughts about talismans?

Ironstyle
08-21-2020, 04:48 PM
I didn't say you threw everything you had at Yup, nor was I necessarily defending his use of name calling; merely pointing out how the quote your clanmate tried to use against Yup was somewhat ineffective. I am a bit bummed this thread dissolved into this kind of debate, as it was not your original intent, so I will end my participation there.

As far as talis for Gauntlet...I don't really have much of an opinion as I too feel Gauntlet is, well, not so much fun. I don't care to reach the higher levels where these talis may be more important. I don't mean that as an insult to your post at all. I know others will find this information more useful than me.

I'd say the new Alchemy cosmic is probably a good safe bet. Persecution and Serenity, too, maybe. Any toon specific cosmic has it's benefits, I think. Sadly I've never gone beyond SS to test some of the better ones out. With an ever-changing meta I'm sure these will be obsolete if not already. Soon we are bound to see a cosmic Valhalla taisman, or cosmic Space (I know, not as OP as it used to be, which makes it semi-likely to be a cosmic at some point).

Puntwothree
08-21-2020, 04:54 PM
Ah! Persecution! Always a solid choice. I use it v. Baphomet but often forget about it for gauntlet purposes.

Ironstyle
08-21-2020, 06:10 PM
Yeah, it's always a good way to go for bap. It's reliable in a lot of situations for the time being.