PDA

View Full Version : Nordic Knights (Raid Boss) - Earn the Mongol Empress and Cosmic Valhalla Maiden

Leviathan
09-08-2020, 12:08 AM

Collect 2 new 5★ characters!

Börte, Mongol Empress and Skuld, Cosmic Valhalla Maiden are available now! Börte has a 50% chance to take no damage when attacked and can disable her enemies passive abilities, while Skuld deals out hybrid damage and heals your allies!

Get full character details in the Compendium

From now until September 14th at 5PM PDT, complete Clan event challenges in Raid Boss to earn rewards such as Clan God Soul Fragments, Medieval Awakening Shards, Invasion Fragments, Grand Empress Fragments and more!

In order to participate and earn the rewards from this event you MUST be a member of a Clan. If you are not a member of a Clan then you will not see any event challenges or receive any event rewards.

Be sure to encourage your Clan to participate! The more active members in your clan the better your chances are for the completion of these event challenges.

Invasion Fragments are the event currency of the Rise of the Empire Event.

Trade your Invasion Fragments in the Event Store for rare rewards including Khan Eddie, Mongol Cosmic Talismans and more!

You can learn more about this month's featured event in the Rise of the Empire event post here! (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?13837-Rise-of-the-Empire-Info-and-Discussion)

Grand Empress Soul Details!

Collect 200 Grand Empress Fragments to create 1 Grand Empress Soul.

The Grand Empress Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class, and has a 2x chance of summoning non-exclusive 5* characters. This Soul also provides an exclusive chance of summoning Börte, Mongol Empress and Skuld, Cosmic Valhalla Maiden.

Each Grand Empress Soul summoned will also grant the following bonus rewards:

10 Börte, Mongol Empress Soul Fragments
20 Talisman Gold Red Soul Fragments

Collecting 500 Börte, Mongol Empress Soul Fragments guarantees one 5★ Sentinel Börte, Mongol Empress!

400 Talisman Gold Red Soul Fragments guarantees a Tier 1 to Tier 3 Gold or Red Cosmic Talisman and 5★ Gold Idol.

Please note that Börte, Mongol Empress and Skuld, Cosmic Valhalla Maiden are not currently available in any other souls. If you miss your chance to recruit them, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

Event Store Additions

Get packs of 1,3 and 10 Grand Empress Souls for Ironite!
Pick up the Raiding Talisman Pack! This bundle contains Ironite, Gold, Cosmic Evo Runes and a T2 Red Cosmic Dominance Talisman.

Notes on Clan Event Challenges:

Players can join a Clan part way through an event in order to obtain these extra Event Challenges.

If you are removed from your Clan, or choose to Leave a Clan during the event, you will no longer be able to participate in the Clan Event Challenges. After the 24 hour cooldown you can then join a different Clan. This will give you access to any active Clan Event Challenges, and any Clan Group Challenges will be updated to the current total for your new Clan. If the Clan has already completed and claimed a Clan Group Challenge, the new member will not be able to claim that reward. Players will not gain double rewards by Clan hopping.

Azagthor
09-08-2020, 12:37 AM
Two new exclusive 5* characters at once? Ouch! Event seems straight-forward enough: the more damage your clan deals to the raid bosses, the better. If you're able to complete the 100 total kills on a high level stage, you'll likely reach the 1 billion damage goal along the way. Another 3000 monthly fragments to put towards Khan Eddie and his raptor.

Cefiar
09-08-2020, 01:16 AM
So, a total of 1 medieval awakening shard, and a total of 1 nautical awakening shard.

Were these originally supposed to be repeatable, cos no offence, giving away just 1 of each is next to useless.

MarkyMark
09-08-2020, 01:47 AM
Two new exclusive 5* characters at once? Ouch!

That was my reaction too. The Mongol toon is also obtainable via event soul frags but the Maiden isn't so I'm guessing she'll eventually appear in the Clan store.

MuzakMaker
09-08-2020, 02:06 AM
Two back-to-back "give us thousands of ironite because event souls have poor drop rates" really dashes how much I was thinking I would like this months slate of events.

Phoenix-7282
09-08-2020, 04:50 AM
The character details are NOT in the compendium. No idea about cosmic Valhalla maiden's abilities.

Yup
09-08-2020, 05:38 AM
The Mongol toon is also obtainable via event soul frags

Is she though.. read the wording carefully...

a 3★ to 5★ character of any class, and has a 2x chance of summoning non-exclusive 5* characters.

They've INCREASED the chance that she WON'T drop from the souls.

It's just another "chase the new toons that once you get you'll hardly ever use" event again. Anyone using Mad Shot Murphy for much? Have they fixed Wasteland Eddie's fury yet? Is Blackbeard Ed in use a lot??

No content.. just new characters to run the same old stale content.

Olevipoeg
09-08-2020, 05:56 AM
I thought at first - nice 200 fragments only. But reality hit with usual hard hit. It is still 500.

Phoenix-7282
09-08-2020, 06:35 AM
I decided to spend ironite for the souls seeing that the new character requires 500 frags as opposed to the usual 750. So in 50 souls I got 2 five star characters. Neither of them was featured character. Makes me doubt the legitimacy of the following -

Maybe I am lucky in the sense that I got the 25% chance of not pulling the featured character.

URock
09-08-2020, 07:30 AM
I opened the 10 Event Souls and got ... no red eyes.
I don't waste my Ironite to buy more of these souls only to get a new useless toon.
If we get these toons on months (Heroic Souls), they are useless because of 30 new other toons.
... neverending boring wheel.

Olevipoeg
09-08-2020, 07:47 AM
I got 5 star char, but it was the Visions Eddie.

URock
09-08-2020, 10:56 AM
...and again we got 2 useless fragments, rotten in our inventory.
Why the hell do we get no possibility to farm more fragments? Only pay to buy Ironite to get more souls?
It should be like: play more to get more!
Stupid pay to get Malibu Stacey with a new hat!

Maiden
09-08-2020, 12:42 PM
Well, I think the game is changing again. Not sure if a negative or positive way yet.

On the one hand, we have 2 toons per month obtainable via frags:

- Eddie from a monthly event
- Toon from frag event on LOL.

Then, from time to time a toon is released in an event but also in regular souls, like Mad Shot Murphy and the Gunner Bird.

Every other toon is obtainable by luck (from those 10 free souls) or via Ironite purchase.

On the other hand, thanks to raids we have more Ironite flowing and we don't have to spend so much time behind the game due to:

- Less monthly events
- Less complicated events (honestly, every late event was really easy)
- Less grinding 24/7.

So, overall I see that the game is asking less farming, but even greater resources management. And it was already a game about resources... So, in order to have the latest toon, you need to be in a clan and work hard on raids, pulling as many resources from souls as you can and being super smart at the time using those resources. Also, possible choosing which toon you buy and which one you wait for.

Yup
09-08-2020, 06:14 PM
I think overall it's a good thing. Seems to stop the "hectic rush of hot fixes" for the devs. That's good.

But I think it still needs a little tweaking. For example... why are the hardest challenges the ones that give the least valuable, most easily attainable elsewhere, rewards??? That REALLY appears backwards to me. i.e. 1 BILLION damage by a clan for 2 awakening souls, a SINGLE reset token, and 500 talisman epic frags?? Come on. Those rewards could have been much better. I mean it's a BILLION in damage. Every preceding reward is better than the toughest challenge.

Yup
09-08-2020, 06:19 PM
Where are Nautical awakening runes?

Did devs forget about those entirely once the month long event ended?? Can I farm them form someplace? Where???

Barthax
09-10-2020, 08:38 AM
I think overall it's a good thing. Seems to stop the "hectic rush of hot fixes" for the devs. That's good.

But I think it still needs a little tweaking. For example... why are the hardest challenges the ones that give the least valuable, most easily attainable elsewhere, rewards??? That REALLY appears backwards to me. i.e. 1 BILLION damage by a clan for 2 awakening souls, a SINGLE reset token, and 500 talisman epic frags?? Come on. Those rewards could have been much better. I mean it's a BILLION in damage. Every preceding reward is better than the toughest challenge.

This is quite common in gacha games: the great rewards are attainable for most good players and not only for the exceedingly good players. It keeps more players active than the opposite: "it's too hard, it's not worth trying".

IronIndy
09-10-2020, 04:07 PM
so you can only get frags for one of these new toons?
you can only get the other toon from the souls?
or am i missing something here

Saigrim
09-10-2020, 04:31 PM
so you can only get frags for one of these new toons?
you can only get the other toon from the souls?
or am i missing something here

Correct. The Cosmic Valk will probably end up like the Cosmic Lilith, obtainable after some long drawn out requirement. Long after she would have been helpful. By the time you obtain her there will be hundreds of new characters added to the game, and she’ll be just a memory.

On the plus side, there are so many new characters with ridiculous and bugged abilities, I’m sure you’ll never miss her. I won’t.

Saigrim
09-10-2020, 04:41 PM
Where are Nautical awakening runes?

Did devs forget about those entirely once the month long event ended?? Can I farm them form someplace? Where???

Damn, Yup! They gave you one whole rune for an achievement! What more do you want? Don’t be greedy!

Can you sense the sarcasm?

What the geniuses don’t realize is that by holding back one piece of the puzzle, making it for the time being impossible to complete, it’s allowing us to stockpile all other resources that are part of the equation. Then, once you do obtain it, it doesn’t even put a dent in said resources. So they are actually doing you a huge favor by withholding that piece from you.

Yup
09-10-2020, 06:20 PM
heh.. Mongol Empress dropped in the last 5 souls I needed to complete the frag to get her... so yeah, I've got 2 now.

No sign of Cosmic Maiden... Anyone seen her at all?

infinite dreamer
09-10-2020, 08:21 PM
heh.. Mongol Empress dropped in the last 5 souls I needed to complete the frag to get her... so yeah, I've got 2 now.

No sign of Cosmic Maiden... Anyone seen her at all?

Same thing happened to me. I pulled the green Empress with the last bunch of souls before getting her through frags, so I have a dupe too. Edsel managed to pull the cosmic maiden.

MarkyMark
09-10-2020, 09:17 PM
Is she though.. read the wording carefully...

They've INCREASED the chance that she WON'T drop from the souls.

It's just another "chase the new toons that once you get you'll hardly ever use" event again. Anyone using Mad Shot Murphy for much? Have they fixed Wasteland Eddie's fury yet? Is Blackbeard Ed in use a lot??

No content.. just new characters to run the same old stale content.

No my point was that you can still get her if you open enough event souls to get 500 frags or whatever it is, even if you don't grab her from a soul.

Yup
09-10-2020, 09:42 PM
No my point was that you can still get her if you open enough event souls to get 500 frags or whatever it is, even if you don't grab her from a soul.

Not the Cosmic Maiden... She's ONLY in the souls.. no frags for here.

Only the Mogul Empress has frags.

And ed... how many souls??? :)

edsel
09-10-2020, 10:22 PM
I got her from 1st 10 souls, lucky and she is actually a good character unlike cannon bitch boy from last month whose only accomplishment is diluting the 5 star character pool