PDA

View Full Version : September 2020, Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

Durandal_LOTB
09-16-2020, 12:32 AM
This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post. (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?13860-September-2020-Tuning-PRELIMINARY&p=128157#post128157)

Hank93
09-16-2020, 01:23 AM
Ech. making Ying-Yang set now an easy choice instead of a pseudo 6 set seems wayyy too good. The whole point was giving up cosmics and other sets to get the combo effect.

Finally, FOTD Eddie gets a coat of dark paint. Visions/Piece of Mind/Tailgunner?

Oni being the first to require mixed shards...at least its going to be 3/3 and not 6/6? Even reworked that would be way too much of an investment.

All in all, yey, for giving older stuff a face lift, but guys, giving each skill a wall of text worth of stuff only makes the game complicated for the sake of being complicated, wich leads to hings not working as intended in the first place.

GrimDusk
09-16-2020, 01:31 AM
Jesus Christ, this is a large set of tuning notes. A thing to note, FOTD's fury description is cut off.

Awakened Oni Ed scares me; regular Oni Ed was already pretty good when empowered, I can only imagine what happens when you add an Awakening on top.

Fear of the Dark Ed getting buffs makes me really happy; he was my first "meta" toon when he came out. I hope that he is good for the newer players who happen to get him.

Talisman updates are cool, especially the Cyborg talisman update. I also like the new Soul talismans.

All of the special shields are basically starfires now, which is FUCKING scary.

Hard Infernal dungeon... I fear what awaits us in there.

Overall, love this update and really am looking forward to Oni Ed becoming unleashed.

MuzakMaker
09-16-2020, 01:35 AM
Liking the addition of what "original" columns in the tuning notes. Made going through them easier.

Oni Ed seems like he's going to be a nice addition to my tool belt but I'm concerned about requiring 12 shards even if they're mixed types. On the one hand I want that investment to be worth it but on the other I'm worried that if it is insanely good that he's just going to get nerfed but not until after we've already blown the resources.

Note of clarification: "Reduce Max HP on target by -15%" was this an accidental double negative or is this attack going to add HP? I'm assuming the former but the whole "reduce by -x" has caused some confusion recently in my professional life so I'm curious.

EDIT: I was reminded by another player that Oni has a pay only bespoke talisman. I'm hoping that talisman gets introduced to the free crowd with his awakening event. Thematically it's nice and allows those who paid for the privilege to focus on other goals without leaving us free players in the dust.

Mario.Ahner
09-16-2020, 06:08 AM
Whoever is responsible for this long descriptions should consider writing a book. I hate this walls of text

Brickster
09-16-2020, 07:12 AM
Whoever is responsible for this long descriptions should consider writing a book. I hate this walls of text

That's what power creep does I suppose. Everything keeps getting stronger i.e. more effects.

Brickster
09-16-2020, 07:32 AM
It does get hard to keep track of all these talisman effects though. Using the compendium is helpful, but sadly it isn't even close to complete with all the missing effects on various characters and talismans.

I'm a bit afraid of the awakening shards needed to awaken Oni Eddie. Is it really 6 of each? So 12 shards? And what about the rest of the awakening materials needed? Do they increase as well, compared to what we're used to seeing?
If so, I'd like to know that, so I can start grinding those mats.

Maiden
09-16-2020, 10:38 AM
It's quite disapoingting that after 2 quiet months you didn't fix old bugs like Babylon cleaning redbuffs (more than 3 months now) or Ghost removal don't killing the toon affected by, or Maxed Daedalus power move not working, just to mention a few...

At least Envious should be working fine now...

For the other things. It is welcoming the idea of reworking Fear of the Dark Eddie, and f some talisman preventing Aparition effects. Also, the update of yin yang. Btw their effects are now swapped somehow?

Ghost effects are still outdated, they work (when they actually work...) more like a debuff than a buff, at least for medium and high level gaming. Maybe thats the reason of granting Ghost to an enemy with Soul talisman?

Can wee see the Awaken abilities for Oni Eddie? Will he be the toon in charge to finish the nerverending resurrection meta? I think not, because now we will have a talisman against every kind of permadeath effects... it was so hard to get Dark Lilith only to be turned in obsolete so easy... Btw, glad also is only 1 toon awakenable and not 23 like it use to be...

Brickster
09-16-2020, 11:45 AM
Awakened abilities never get posted in the tuning updates spreadsheet.

Edit: it would be a welcome addition though.

Alvorada
09-17-2020, 12:20 AM
12 awakening shards to maximize Oni Eddie? He must become a monster.

Saints_sin
09-17-2020, 02:01 PM
12 awakening shards to maximize Oni Eddie? He must become a monster. if he becomes that much of a monster then im almost scared to face him

druid138
09-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Will this update increase inventory slot limits? The current character and BoS slot limits are incredibly frustrating and are killing my motivation.

scimitar
09-18-2020, 10:12 AM
It would be great to see the "my squad" button in Gauntlet and Odin (Baphomet)

scimitar
09-18-2020, 10:18 AM
druid: Yes, bro. Sacrifice Event. I sell characters to make room for the barbecue. Very bad

URock
09-21-2020, 12:06 PM
12 awakening shards to maximize Oni Eddie? He must become a monster.
Full awakened he will be immune to Server Errors!

Brickster
09-21-2020, 02:44 PM
Full awakened he will be immune to Server Errors!

I'm afraid that technology isn't available yet.

druid138
09-23-2020, 08:38 PM
Will this update increase inventory slot limits? The current character and BoS slot limits are incredibly frustrating and are killing my motivation.

I'm currently locked up, with 668 characters and soul slots filled. I have ~75 hearts needing to be sacrificed but cannot access sacrifice until I clear soul slots. I cannot drop souls until I get under 600 characters. So, I'm looking at selling 68 hearts. This is asinine.

Madrik
09-23-2020, 10:36 PM
if he becomes that much of a monster then im almost scared to face him

wouldnt worry too much cus if hes that much of a beast they'll just nerf him without telling anyone

Madrik
09-23-2020, 10:38 PM
now might be a time to fix Cyborgs passive, he doesn't revive like it's stated. toon thats not inflicted with permadeath or perfect death cant be revived........fix it please

Geodude
09-23-2020, 10:46 PM

Yep, this is a real pain. So many players having major issues and complaining about this for so long, while they do nothing about it and just continue pumping out new toons, talismans, etc, further straining our inventory limits, making the problem increasingly worse. I'm always hitting the limits and having to stop and clear out inventory space all the time nowadays, wondering when my time will come when I'm totally locked up too. Major headache.

Muzzleloader
09-23-2020, 10:57 PM
Have they ever stated the limit of the BOS frags slots? I think 70 is the limit for BOS souls/keys. If they removed the keys from the BOS souls inventory that would open up a fair amount of slots.

They definetly keep adding keys with no relief in sight for increased slots.

I came across a similar overflow issue between soul slots and frag slots. Luckily I had toon slots available. I went in circles until I tried to reinstall the game. I think there are several variable that can cause the overflow issues.

HuckFinn150
09-23-2020, 11:23 PM
The rare key soul seems to have no limit. I've got over 400 of them alone. In all I've probably got over 500 key souls

Madrik
09-23-2020, 11:29 PM
Have they ever stated the limit of the BOS frags slots? I think 70 is the limit for BOS souls/keys. If they removed the keys from the BOS souls inventory that would open up a fair amount of slots.

They definetly keep adding keys with no relief in sight for increased slots.

I came across a similar overflow issue between soul slots and frag slots. Luckily I had toon slots available. I went in circles until I tried to reinstall the game. I think there are several variable that can cause the overflow issues.

each stack is 99 for keys or souls, ive got nearly 600 LOL keys all in stacks on 99

Muzzleloader
09-23-2020, 11:41 PM
I was not talking about how much each slot hold. I was asking how many individual slots are available.

I know you can have over 100K frags in an individual frag slot.

Yup
09-25-2020, 12:44 AM
Whatever it is.. a reorganization is necessary. The app has grown to a point where initial organizational design no longer works effectively for users.

This is really true for ALL areas with multiple items.. frags, talismans, characters, souls... the horizontal list is pretty **horrible** and adding a couple default ways to sort the same looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong horizontal single tier list is insufficient. (vertical for BOS items).

This may be taboo.. but i STRONGLY suggest a few of the devs here start looking at RAID: Shadow Legends... Not to copy it but to perhaps break away from current mindsets in terms of item display... RAID is essentially the same app, but MUCH better item organization (for the most part, it's not perfect either).

Metallicamilo
09-25-2020, 10:27 PM
What's the difference between
"grant immunity to sleep effs for all allies" Vs "grant immunity to sleep effs for all allies at the start of battle and your turn"?

I hope we can trade key souls for another item, or change them for another key.

Nifelheim
09-25-2020, 11:57 PM
Start of battle and your turn means that passive is not in effect until those conditions are met. For ex in pvp, if enemy goes first, you can have sleep applied to you. The first one, you won’t fall asleep unless you are passive disabled first. I’m not an expert, but that’s how I understand it, I’m sure someone else can explain more accurately.

Mateja
09-26-2020, 11:35 PM
It looks like wording is getting more precise in newly released items. Start of battle, start of turn or whatever else, I didn't experience it failing (excluding known bugs) unless some kind of passive disable is in play. Maybe something to do with the order in which passives activate but we can't see the log.

Maiden
09-27-2020, 12:00 AM
What's the difference between
"grant immunity to sleep effs for all allies" Vs "grant immunity to sleep effs for all allies at the start of battle and your turn"?

I hope we can trade key souls for another item, or change them for another key.

As far as I was able to understand after reading and chatting with CS, some toons can be disabled and not having their skill back, for example:

If it says start of the battle: Once you got your passive disabled you won't have it back even if you got cleanse. Only if your toon dies and revives. (You can see this effect with Moonchild mainly, if you disabled him at the start of the battle, you won't see an PD icon on him but he will gain buffs and debuffs the rest of the battle. If you kill him and he revives, you won't be able to use your skills and fury)

If it says start of the turn: Once your got your passive disabled you won't have it back even if you got cleanse until the next turn, or even the following one.

Take these carefully. Nothing seems to work 100% and I couldn't get any sheet or proper info of which toons behave or should behave in which way. But hopefully, from now on descriptions will be more accurate...

Nifelheim
09-27-2020, 02:10 AM
Sometimes I wonder if passive disable is disabling talisman effects as well.

I haven’t tested this, doom, perfect death will prevent revives way of fury, attacks/power that have the revive effect, but does it stop brave or dream talismans?

Maiden
09-27-2020, 12:30 PM
Some toons (bugged in my opinion, like The Killer) apply passive disable before the talismans effects, for that reason you can put Forge on The Killer, go against a GRE and put Perfect Death on him without seeing a passive disable Icon on GRE. Which should be imposible because GRE passive is protected by Nifelheims Set (99% of times is wearing this set) I reported this several times as well.