PDA

View Full Version : Living Nightmares(Frontier)-Earn Cosmic Paranoia Talismans + Shinobi Awakening Shards

Ruby_LOTB
10-01-2020, 12:06 AM

From now until October 7th at 5PM PT, complete Event Challenges in the Infernal Frontier Dungeon to earn a variety of rewards, including Fiery Soul Fragments, Evo Materials, Equilibrium Fragments and more!

You can access the Infernal Dungeon by:
Completing a repeatable event challenge (Spend 100 Sands of Time)
Claiming 1 free Key Soul in the store
Purchasing Key Souls with Gold (this event only)
Purchasing Key Souls with Frontier Coins.

More details on the Dungeon below!

Fiery Soul Fragments can be traded in store for Hell and Shinobi Awakening Shards, Cosmic Beast Talismans and new Cosmic Paranoia Talismans.

Shinobi and Hell Awakening Shards are the final material needed to fully Awaken Oni Eddie, our latest awakenable hero!

The Cosmic Paranoia Talisman provides an exclusive bonus when equipped to Fear of the Dark Eddie and upcoming characters: Dark Road Eddie, X-Factor Eddie and The Edless Horseman. This Talisman increases stats in battle, and reduces incoming damage. It will also make the wearer:

Inflict Paranoia on a random enemy until they die at the start of battle and at the start of your turn. Paranoid enemies cannot gain beneficial effects, miss all attacks unless they are Perfect Attacks and take a random amount of Additional Random Damage based on their MAX HP and MISSING HP every turn. This effect does not apply to bosses. Prevent all enemies from blocking incoming damage for allies until they die at the start of battle and at the start of your turn.

Equilibrium Fragments are the event currency of our Forbidden Knowledge Clan Mega event that is running until January.

Trade your Equilibrium Fragments in the Event Store for rare rewards including Baphomet, Rare Talismans and more!

You can learn more about this featured event in the Forbidden Knowledge event post here (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?13883-Forbidden-Knowledge-Mega-Event-Info-and-Discussion)!

Infernal Frontier Key Dungeon

Earn Magma Beast by completing Infernal Dungeon Achievements!

Once it is unlocked, the Infernal Dungeon will be open for only 2 hours total. There are no limits on how many times the dungeon can be played within that time frame. Troopers beware! This is a high challenge Dungeon with an Assassin Only Class Restriction, so be prepared!
We have recently added a second difficulty setting to this dungeon, so you can now take on both regular AND Hard settings.

During your first playthrough of the Hard difficulty setting, you’ll be led into battle by Musashi and Mitsuko, Cosmic Shinobi! You can now gain progress on all Infernal Dungeon achievements on both Normal and Hard difficulties!

The first time you complete this dungeon, you will receive set rewards including a Legendary Soul, Talisman Soul Fragments and more.

All subsequent victories are guaranteed to provide XP Runes, as well as a chance of bonus rewards, including Reaper Talismans.

**IMPORTANT: If you summon another Infernal Frontier Key Soul while the corresponding Dungeon is already open you will refresh that dungeon’s countdown timer.

Event Store Additions:

T2 Gold Talismans with Fate, Mark, Redemption and Trap set effects are also available
Grab an additional boost of Soul Fragments to trade for more items in the Event Store. This Fragment Mega Pack also contains Talisman Soul Fragments, Frontier Coins, Ironite and more!

GrimDusk
10-01-2020, 12:53 AM
Devs I have to call bullshit. The event frags only being available from the hard mode of the Infernal Dungeon is just not fair? At all? No one (from my understanding) has been able to farm that dungeon reliably, and you overtuned it to the point of it being just completely not fun to play in. Please reconsider this event's structure, or the Infernal Dungeon's structure.

MuzakMaker
10-01-2020, 01:12 AM
Restricting the frags to the hard difficulty is less of a reward for running the hard difficulty (how it should be structured) and more a punishment for not being able to run hard(which is a large chunk of the player base including your top tier players).

My proposal: Have normal drop the current hard rates and have Hard drop 1.5-3x the frags.

AndyCatzo
10-01-2020, 01:28 AM
I guess you devs didn't test the new infernal difficulty or you have some extra tools that made you able to complete it because for us the players, it is impossible to farm it without baby sitting the device, wave 3 with double blockers and wave 5 with Oni Eddie are impossible and if you manage to complete one battle it will take you about 6 to 10 minutes per battle, so, restricting all event fragments to this difficulty is just a bad play from your side; you need to change that because we won't be able to complete this event

Muzzleloader
10-01-2020, 01:54 AM
With this new update/event release the difficulty is out of reach by many to attempt let alone the required time involved is extremely out of proportion. Let alone not being able to play after two hours is not a good start for this mega event.

MarkyMark
10-01-2020, 02:31 AM
Restricting the frags to the hard difficulty is less of a reward for running the hard difficulty (how it should be structured) and more a punishment for not being able to run hard(which is a large chunk of the player base including your top tier players).

My proposal: Have normal drop the current hard rates and have Hard drop 1.5-3x the frags.

I agree. I've tried all sorts of teams and combinations including a range of Eddies and toons and I can barely beat it once let alone on auto. It's just punishingly - almost unfairly - hard. The only two things I don't have that might make it easier are Assassin Odin and Oni Eddie but hell, top tier Ed's like Gambler, Van Helsing and Eternal Champion should be able to get it done when paired with good/MA toons. To get 500 runs on Hard for the event achievements/frags is an absolute pipe dream.

Saigrim
10-01-2020, 02:36 AM
Messed with this dungeon for over an hour. My roster is nothing to scoff at. This event is flat out ridiculous. Already came to terms with ignoring it, regardless of rewards. Which I can assure you will only hurt your coffers in the long run.

BeachPlease
10-01-2020, 04:08 AM
This reminds me of the Powerslave Dungeon. How unbeatable was that Set with Labyrinth talisman. The only thing I can do about this 'Hard' Infernal (I would call it Insane) is sit here and wait until it's a little more doable

MarkyMark
10-01-2020, 04:08 AM

I would also add to this, allow the talisman achievements to be fulfilled on either difficulty.

Because let's be honest, no-one is running this dungeon on Hard with Fate, Redemption, Trap or Mark on anything other than a ride-along Ed.

Geodude
10-01-2020, 05:04 AM
Yeah, I'm not even gonna bother wasting any more time on this bs event. Great start!

MuzakMaker
10-01-2020, 05:11 AM
Even the most stable team I've seen suggested still takes upwards of 5 minutes and requires a Maxed out Odin which I just don't have and I imagine that holds true for most players.

And if you're a newer player? This event must feel like a gigantic middle finger. Heck, as an experienced player it feels like at least a normal sized one.

Fudjo
10-01-2020, 05:49 AM
Big issue I'm seeing is that the Tengu in the 3rd wave are causing an overload of effect processing, causing the game to appear to freeze up. It'll eventually chug its way through it, but it's a major slowdown.

seneuk
10-01-2020, 06:06 AM
Not funny at all.
Impossible to finish the dungeon with the 2 shinobi.
No fun no game

Mateja
10-01-2020, 06:39 AM
So, I find a team that can reliably finish it on auto in 10 minutes. To do 500 runs I need 5000 minutes, or over 83 hours, or 42 keys, or more than 3 FULL days. Even cutting down the time to 5 minutes per run is too much and that's impossible without assassin Odin. If we're going to get this level of difficulty, why are the runs required same as for infinitely easier dungeons?

Barthax
10-01-2020, 06:59 AM
I don't understand why people aren't complaining they've run out of keys & FC already after multiple months of dungeon crawling. Is everyone else a whale with infinite supplies?! This is where the bespoke dungeon with infinite attempts was welcome, in my humble opinion.

Sounds like most of the complaints are that you guys have had it too easy for too long. :P

MuzakMaker
10-01-2020, 07:26 AM
I don't understand why people aren't complaining they've run out of keys & FC already after multiple months of dungeon crawling. Is everyone else a whale with infinite supplies?! This is where the bespoke dungeon with infinite attempts was welcome, in my humble opinion.

Sounds like most of the complaints are that you guys have had it too easy for too long. :P

I haven't run out of keys because I only run a dungeon if an event calls for it, run the bare minimum to meet my goals and I hoard like crazy. No purchased keys just being a miserable miser ever since dungeons were introduced.

URock
10-01-2020, 07:47 AM
My Autoteam for the hard level:
sandworm (only)
Time: 0:30

Fudjo
10-01-2020, 08:00 AM
Is that sandworm maxed or are you just using its bespoke cosmic?

Rigo
10-01-2020, 08:26 AM
Spend 500 ironite and get notting. Forget this event.

URock
10-01-2020, 08:28 AM
Sandworm is fully maxed + Cosmic Sand Talisman T4 (Brand new Talisman level).

dragonmat89
10-01-2020, 08:32 AM
The Cosmic Paranoia Talisman provides an exclusive bonus when equipped to Fear of the Dark Eddie and upcoming characters: Dark Road Eddie, X-Factor Eddie and The Edless Horseman.

Dark Road Eddie.... oh please be this;

TO add to the other comments, 6 days to complete 500 runs of this dungeon is insanely hard. I've got most of the characters and Talismans and can't find a team to reliably beat it on auto. I think I'm just going to farm Normal for the Mega Event fragments and have to give up on the Paranoia Cosmic :(

Also, as well as the insane difficulty can you please sort out the SoT charging model; I just had three internet connection issues in a row and because the game charges SoT before the level loads I lost 60 sands before I even began...

Madrik
10-01-2020, 09:45 AM
ive managed 10 runs on auto, this is just down right proper arseholish of you to push a upgraded dungeon like this, bugs galore, revives when they shouldnt revive, unable to remove gold buffs with maxed A Odin and Sevestapol, toons blocking incoming damage when no passive or talisman on them that blocks damage when blockers have finally been killed....you lot seriously need to rethink this dungeon or offer a compo pack for the frags you can earn.

george-2964
10-01-2020, 10:07 AM
I think I got something, but it's plain ridiculous: Spent 60k gold and had to farm LOL XV for awakening shards, before starting.

Max Oni (celestial/cosmic redemption)
Warewolf (forge/ cosmic alchemy)
Max D Lilith (light/cosmic serenity)
Max Odin (prudence/cosmic future/ any mystical green)

So far won all, but the average is 5+ mins.

But the rewards are defo not worth it

Madrik
10-01-2020, 10:11 AM
fastest time for me is 3.42

Et Champ Ed - Labyrinth + Alchemy Cos
Maxed A Odin - Labyrinth + Serenity
Sevastopol - Starfires
Mother Russia - Forge + Serenity

tag along with tali for achievements

annouvis25
10-01-2020, 10:20 AM
Hallo guys i have a max awake gunner odin i dont have assasin the leader slot is locked with musashi can u help me to choose the other 2 with the also shinoby locked slot

Madrik
10-01-2020, 10:30 AM
story mode is locked you cant use different toons until you have completed it

george-2964
10-01-2020, 10:31 AM
Hallo guys i have a max awake gunner odin i dont have assasin the leader slot is locked with musashi can u help me to choose the other 2 with the also shinoby locked slot

Ι just did a lot of revives with sevastopol (prudence/cosmic) and Max D lilith (light/serenity). Couldn't bother searching for a team

Hartacus
10-01-2020, 12:16 PM
We can whinge all we like, but in the unlikely event they actually pay attention and sort it, they wont bother adding extra time to the event so it will just end up that it's made winnable in a decent time but it'll be too little too late and no-one will be able to get the frags required in time. Ignore it and carry on seems the smartest move

Highace
10-01-2020, 12:24 PM
Infernal's hard difficulty might take the award for the most ridiculous and messed up dungeon I've ever seen in LotB. Seriously. Who thought it was a good idea to lock all event challenges behind this mess of a place which can even lock up your game? As much as I want one of those new cosmics, at this pace, it's simply not worth bothering with, unless at least some kind of a decrease in difficulty happens.

Madrik
10-01-2020, 01:04 PM
This is more an insanity difficulty floor. devs you really do need to do something about this cus your just taking one at the people who are keeping you afloat....literally now either offer a compa pack for the frags or quickly update it so it includes normal with 50-100 run stretch goal for hard

MotleyLew
10-01-2020, 01:54 PM
Only thing worth doing for this event is the repeatable (Normal) runs. This gets you equilibrium soul fragments BUT...they probably wont amount to anything spectacular. (game is pretty consistent that way. Spend a lot of resources for crap) Plus if you still have Infernal Dungeon Achievements to beat, (clear with max awakened, beast, moonchild..etc) you can chip away at that.

Muzzleloader
10-01-2020, 01:59 PM
The have officially made an event a full time job. If you can get 25 runs per key you only need to play 8 hours for 100 runs each day.

RobG-9641
10-01-2020, 02:02 PM
Have to agree. If long time players with maxed out rosters are struggling to beat Infernal Hard newer players with less developed rosters don’t stand a chance. It should not be easy, but will be impossible for most players which is unfair. Event goals should be revised and a compensation pack issued for wasted ironite/SoT etc. and event should reset. Make total runs available all levels, not just hard. Make additional rewards for hard, but don’t penalize newer players from event rewards completely. And tone down hard just a notch. If it requires a specific character like an Odin, not everyone has one or full awakened characters etc.

Saigrim
10-01-2020, 02:08 PM
After my post last night, I just shut the game off and went to bed. Not really worried about the event now. Thought I’d check in to see what everyone else thought. At least I saved on event starter packs this month. I usually buy one or two to speed the drudgery along, but not this month. No point in it. The game already takes insane amounts of grinding, even when the dungeon can be beaten in under a minute. About the only fun left in this game was being able to watch your team annihilate the AI after playing for so long to acquire the means to do so.

Guess I’m ready for the next so called event.

Saigrim
10-01-2020, 02:33 PM
Removal of double post.

BillLion
10-01-2020, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I plan to just wait it out. If nothing changes in the next few days then I'll just do the normal runs for the mega event frags and call it a day.

Maiden069
10-01-2020, 03:10 PM
Have to agree. If long time players with maxed out rosters are struggling to beat Infernal Hard newer players with less developed rosters don’t stand a chance. It should not be easy, but will be impossible for most players which is unfair. Event goals should be revised and a compensation pack issued for wasted ironite/SoT etc. and event should reset. Make total runs available all levels, not just hard. Make additional rewards for hard, but don’t penalize newer players from event rewards completely. And tone down hard just a notch. If it requires a specific character like an Odin, not everyone has one or full awakened characters etc.

Agree 100%, I've been playing this game for 1,5 years now and cannot do it on auto with pretty decent units and talismans.

GrimDusk
10-01-2020, 03:50 PM
A patch is definitely needed asap; anyone who doesn't have A. Odin cannot complete the dungeon and that is crap. Please do something to mitigate the difficulty, devs.

legacy_of_not
10-01-2020, 04:04 PM
How do you get past story mode battle 3? Seems way too bugged. I've tried some of the teams suggested here but I'm missing the T3 bespoke talismans and forge tals. My dark Liltih isn't fully max but I have nearly everything else. Used a troopers Ass Odin and no luck either. Who was this dungeon's audience? No way anyone is hitting 150 runs of this thing with those basic tals.

Brickster
10-01-2020, 04:08 PM
Here we are. Another event that hasn't been tested properly before release.

I would like to hear any dev say they cleared it without requiring any specific one character for it to make it work.

No reply will speak for itself I suppose.

Toni
10-01-2020, 04:09 PM
Agree 100%, I've been playing this game for 1,5 years now and cannot do it on auto with pretty decent units and talismans.

Idem, de acuerdo al 100%, es más llevo un año jugando e incluso la normal de la frontera infernal ya es difícil de por sí, no todos los jugadores tienen personajes
y/o talismanes para estos niveles (y evidentemente no todos los jugadores tienen posibilidades económicas para comprar), otras mazmorras poco a poco las he ido superando
conforme he mejorado personajes y talismanes, en esta sin embargo incluso en normal con personajes, Eddies y talismanes decentes ya es un infierno poder pasarla.

Recomendaría encarecidamente a los programadores que revisaran no solo esta si no casi todas las mazmorras y las adecuen a niveles medios de jugadores ocasionales y habituales, junto a recompensas adecuadas al nivel de la mazmorra y tiempo invertido.

En mi caso esperaré próximo evento :(

Puntwothree
10-01-2020, 04:14 PM
Here’s the deal:

I’d relish the hard difficulty challenge if we had to beat it once. 150 times? This is not a dungeon built for grinding. The Peace talismans Demon Prince Beelz are literally going to suck up minutes by themselves. (And positioned first? So all your single-target toons target him? How cruel!) The Yggs + Blocker stage three is not something the AI can figure out without Beardy (Odin). It just isn’t.

This is a fair dungeon to beat once, manually. It shouldn’t be the centerpiece of a grind.

Madrik
10-01-2020, 04:51 PM

I have a strong team with Max awakened toons and jesus christ even im struggling to get through this without the odd defeat. this defo is not a dungeon for fairly new players to run. punishing all of us is stupidity cus without the people playing this game and spending real money they would have gone bust long ago

Mario.Ahner
10-01-2020, 05:04 PM
Everyone that is really willing to spend money on this "game" after this event should really visit the next hospital for mental health.

george-2964
10-01-2020, 05:18 PM
So I suggested a team earlier today, so now it's time to complain.
I'm not saying it is related, but as soon as I suggestede the team, it started getting some defeats.
I literally have all assassin toons, Max awakened almost all of them, and I also have almost all talismans (everything that is free to get anyway), all relics too.
My team will probably get around 20-25 wins per key.
I can't even imagine it would be doable for anyone not in the top 1% of players.

I think the main issue is that Oni is weak, always was weak, nothing changed with max awakening him, and also his AI is so stupid. Gambler's AI is also stupid, and then the rest of the Eddies are just weak. Van Helsing is -1 toon in the whole dungeon, and Eternal champion is also very one-sided. Haven't tried Max Executioner, but I doubt he would be any useful.

Also Yggs+ a blocker is bad, even with max Odin. And then we have forge and a toon that freezes the game in the same wave.
I had to use 3 serenity cosmics and an alchemy cosmic + celestials to give Oni any chance of survival. For some reason I don't get, light talis don't give perfect immortality every turn and D lilith is using her special move even when all toons are alive without any debuff..

Imagine actually needing your phone for work reasons

Beddie
10-01-2020, 05:34 PM
This event is genuinely terrible.
How did you guys look at this level layout and said “yes this level works well and isn’t broken at all”? Also, HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD DID YOU MAKE MUSASHI’S ATTACKS DISAPPEAR MIDWAY THROUGH THE DUNGEON?!

Maiden
10-01-2020, 05:38 PM
Is this the queue to complain about the Dungeon?

Now seriously. Seriously?

Madrik
10-01-2020, 05:57 PM
This event is genuinely terrible.
How did you guys look at this level layout and said “yes this level works well and isn’t broken at all”? Also, HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD DID YOU MAKE MUSASHI’S ATTACKS DISAPPEAR MIDWAY THROUGH THE DUNGEON?!

thank god im not the only person this was happening to, this upgrade is friggin nuts in no novice and not an expert within this game. this is the only dungeon that ive had issues with, i'm at the point of sod the event, if the first one is this hard i don't wanna think of what the others are gonna be like....this must be an error on their part surely

Bartman9999
10-01-2020, 06:10 PM
Guys, stop wasting time in a fully bugged dungeon. They'll eventually fix it and all the frags will be awarded in a compensation pack.
But's annoying they're not testing before launching it. Even more annoying the need to defeat a bugged dungeon only being able to pick 2 characters and no Eddie.

Muzzleloader
10-01-2020, 06:16 PM
Besides the hangs I may get on the third wave it Is not a bugged dungeon. Just a really annoying difficult dungeon.

Madrik
10-01-2020, 06:17 PM

can somebody explain how it's possible for Sevestopol to be able to wear Niflheims with 2 purple slots pmfsl

george-2964
10-01-2020, 06:18 PM
I think I got it guys. 4-5 min team (mostly because of belz), no deaths for the past hour
Max Oni (celestial/serenity)
Warewolf (forge/serenity)
Set (lab/alchemy)
Max Odin (prudence/serenity)

Still ridiculous dungeon, but at least it's working now

GrimDusk
10-01-2020, 06:28 PM
I think I got it guys. 4-5 min team (mostly because of belz), no deaths for the past hour
Set (lab/alchemy)

Most people don't have Odin. That isn't going to help, but it's appreciated nonetheless.

MarkyMark
10-01-2020, 06:28 PM
Set (lab/alchemy)

It's nuts that the only workable auto team so far relies on Max Oni and Max Odin. Even if players have Oni Ed, they may not yet have the resources to max him. And only a small percentage of players will have A. Odin.

Fudjo
10-01-2020, 06:31 PM
I like this event.

Muzzleloader
10-01-2020, 06:36 PM
I use champ instead of oni

Madrik
10-01-2020, 06:46 PM
ive tried loads of combo's but aint good enough to finish a whole key without a load of losses

george-2964
10-01-2020, 06:54 PM
Most people don't have Odin. That isn't going to help, but it's appreciated nonetheless.

It's nuts that the only workable auto team so far relies on Max Oni and Max Odin. Even if players have Oni Ed, they may not yet have the resources to max him. And only a small percentage of players will have A. Odin.

This is why I said it's ridiculous.
We shouldn't have to base our chances of success on a single toon.
Assassin Odin is the one of the two odins I have and I awoke both him and Oni just for the event, which means I am out of gold and awakening material for the evolution event coming up.
I have a feeling that Oni isn't even that useful in this dungeon. I could have used storm with celestials and it would still have worked probably.

This is even harder than the original powerslave.

I don't have any idea how to work around yggs. Maybe D lilith/killer for passive dissable against the other blocker?

P.S. you can buy Odin, he is worth only 5k (or is it 10k) of your precious ironite (obviously being sarcastic)

URock
10-01-2020, 07:15 PM
Fix is coming. Best comedy! Lol

Leviathan
10-01-2020, 07:15 PM
Hi Troopers!

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding this event. We will be making adjustments to the challenges shortly. You can read more about our planned changes here: https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?13888-Game-Update-Living-Nightmares-Challenges-October-1st-2020 (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?13888-Game-Update-Living-Nightmares-Challenges-October-1st-2020)

URock
10-01-2020, 07:16 PM
https://twitter.com/ironmaidenlotb/status/1311739728807559169?s=19

MarkyMark
10-01-2020, 07:16 PM
Well, looks like they've heard us.

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?13888-Game-Update-Living-Nightmares-Challenges-October-1st-2020&p=128449#post128449

Interestingly I'd say some of the challenges are clearly going to remain as hard only, but I guess if people can get enough frags for the cosmic it's no big deal.

I like having challenge dungeons but when they're at this difficulty level, they shouldn't be part of an event unless it's literally 'beat this once'.

URock
10-01-2020, 07:17 PM
"We have decided to make the requirements for this event more accessible by reducing its challenge requirements. Many of the challenges will be adjusted from requiring completed runs of the Hard level, to ANY level. The challenges that include completions with a specific Talisman set will have the quantity of required runs reduced significantly.

These changes will be implemented in the game shortly. You will not be required to update and your current progress will not be affected. We’ll post again once those changes are live!

We would like to note that this dungeon will continue to be a challenge!

There will also be a total of 3 free Infernal Dungeon keys available from the Store (up from the 1 key initially offered).

^ Ceeg"

MuzakMaker
10-01-2020, 07:36 PM
Great adjustments. A properly developed and tested rework of the Hard difficulty would have lasted longer than this event. This way just requires updates to the achievements which can be pushed live considerably faster.
A little sore that the event loses a day because of not considering your playerbase in the first place but luckily Normal is a much faster dungeon and those paranoid talismans look to be the key for Hard (provided one of those unreleased toons is an assassin).

Madrik
10-01-2020, 07:42 PM

Oni Ed is only of any use if you have celestials and his Cosmic other wise he's meh even when fully awakened...

Leviathan
10-01-2020, 07:53 PM
The adjustments to the event are now live.

Simply reload your game to see the changes!

MuzakMaker
10-01-2020, 07:55 PM
Guess I misread. The talisman challenges should have updated to normal as well. Changing it to 10 runs doesn't mean anything to the large chunk of players who can't beat hard.

MarkyMark
10-01-2020, 08:00 PM
Guess I misread. The talisman challenges should have updated to normal as well. Changing it to 10 runs doesn't mean anything to the large chunk of players who can't beat hard.

500 runs on normal will still net you enough frags for a T3 though so it kinda doesn't matter.

Muzzleloader
10-01-2020, 08:02 PM
Did anyone receive the rewards for clearing the hard dungeons? I did not recieve the frags or keys after the change

Saigrim
10-01-2020, 08:02 PM
Nice. Looks like I only need to ignore the talisman challenges, which is fine by me.

Muzzleloader
10-01-2020, 08:08 PM
You can do the hard challenge on manual without an Odin. Many completed the first run with no ed without Odin without refreshing.

Mateja
10-01-2020, 08:21 PM
Oni Ed is only of any use if you have celestials and his Cosmic other wise he's meh even when fully awakened...

That's very far from reality.

Puntwothree
10-01-2020, 08:23 PM
10 wins is still more than 1... but you could do that manually (painfully) if you had to. I’m going to go ahead and set Odin for my trooper friends and offer up my team. Sans Odin the challenge is going to be wave three... you probably would need multiple forms of passive disable (or Dark Lilith) and a good single-target damager for the Yggs boi.

Best 2:39, average 3:00-3:30, can go higher...

E. Champ (Clover/TRAP/Cosmic FATE)
Odin (Maxed) (Archer/Warlord/Cosmic Alchemy)
Moony (Maxed) (MARK/Resistance/Cosmic REDEMPTION)
Cosmic Shinobi (Maxed) Yggs/Bespoke

It’s a lot of power... I’m not denying it. I wish I had a cheaper solve. I was running a VHE config. (Archer on him) with A Wolf, The Russian, and Odin that also worked... but I wouldn’t recommend pressing the auto button without Beardy.

That ^^ I was able to leave alone for a time, but it was slower by maybe a minute.

Olevipoeg
10-01-2020, 08:53 PM
The adjustments to the event are now live.

Simply reload your game to see the changes!
And now it's impossible to achieve the goal.

Madrik
10-01-2020, 10:02 PM
That's very far from reality.

well it's not, ive stopped using him cus he doesnt last long even with nifs or the new 5 set, he's shockingly weak and always has been

Yup
10-01-2020, 10:02 PM
Th Infernal "hard" dungeon is a fucking joke.. it's not "hard"...... it's not "madness"...... it's not "insanity".... it LUDICROUS. It is by FAR the most challenging dungeon in the app.. seriously.. all the inate stunning, coutner attacking, and "no damage taking" AI teams are stronger than any actual PERSON can build any team of Assassin only characters.

URock
10-01-2020, 10:16 PM
Welcome to the most unbalanced and noob developed game. The only thing we are here is the used name of the greatest band on this planet.

Fudjo
10-01-2020, 10:29 PM
I liked the event more when it was hard.

MuzakMaker
10-01-2020, 10:31 PM
500 runs on normal will still net you enough frags for a T3 though so it kinda doesn't matter.

Still matters that it's still pointless for those of us who don't have Odin. Paranoia won't work on any toons we can take in Infernal

Mateja
10-01-2020, 10:41 PM
It's still hard for those who want it, whoever does not can run normal. I like how this was handled. Getting 20-30 second runs everywhere really gets boring.

well it's not, ive stopped using him cus he doesnt last long even with nifs or the new 5 set, he's shockingly weak and always has been

You obviously don't know what you're talking about... think before you speak.

Muzzleloader
10-01-2020, 10:50 PM
You dont have to have Odin to win 10 hard battles. Just do them in manual. You only need to do 1 or 2 a day to earn the rewards. If you would just work with your clan and develop some teams instead of whining you may have been done by now. Why not ask you troopers who have Odin to make them your champ, then you could complete the challenge without having one yourself

Madrik
10-01-2020, 11:27 PM
It's still hard for those who want it, whoever does not can run normal. I like how this was handled. Getting 20-30 second runs everywhere really gets boring.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about... think before you speak.

i know exactly what I'm talking about... a max awakened toon that does as much damage as a wet tea bag, he's massively underpowered and without talismans that will prevent damage he's dead in no time

Tim28213
10-02-2020, 12:57 AM

I don't even know what to do with this. Hard to spend currency you can't collect.

Leviathan
10-02-2020, 01:08 AM
And now it's impossible to achieve the goal.

Hi Olevipoeg.

If you already completed the challenges before the adjustments were applied, this is how it will look. I've just confirmed in your account that you successfully completed these challenges a couple hours before the update was made, and you successfully received your rewards!

scimitar
10-02-2020, 02:30 AM
This will be counted after one run with the correct talismans8772

Yup
10-02-2020, 02:35 AM
If devs are going to build AI teams with SIX characters having SIX OP talisman sets and SIX passives to overcome, the LEAST they could do is allow players to ALSO have SIX characters with SIX talisman sets and SIX passives... not 4. Otherwise, the goal CLEARLY seems to be to spend ironite... and thus spend real money (even more so by saddling everyone with Musashi and no Eddie that first run through). I'm not advocating for all "easy" dungeons.. but an EQUAL match would be a nice change. Note how in the Infernal hard battles where the player goes first EVERY time.. the AI has Starfire talismans at play... if the AI goes first EVERY time, there's an innate stun at play... it's DESIGNED specifically to be far too overpowered.

Combine this with the "new" clan mythical souls that only drop shit Alchemist frags... yeah I know they are SUPPOSED to drop better rewards.. I ain't seen in any MANY mythicals though. It's like a big "FU!" to players.

It is these types of discrepancies that have seen my play time drop and certainly any real world money spending fall off considerably. I grow tired of a dev team that clearly isn't concerned with "enjoyability" on the users side.

Bartman9999
10-02-2020, 02:44 AM
Round 3 is stupid, double blockers taking no damage below 50% makes no sense. If I use double blockers against Baphomet, both take damage past 50%, but not here.
The way that double blockers work here or in gaunlet should be considered a bug and corrected. If not we'll start seeing a bunch or almost invincible teams; for example a team that prevent passive disable (Necropolis/ one guy with Niflheim) + double blockers. Or double Yggdrasil team. These "almost invincible teams" that you can only beat with a max odin or innate passive disable will be really boring

Discordian
10-02-2020, 02:49 AM
I liked the event more when it was hard.

Me too; the game was actually challenging for the better part of a day and I was halfway to completing the talisman requirement when it got nerfed. Now it's just another boring grind that can be achieved with zero thought.

More difficult events would make this feel more like a game and less like a "pick 4 half decent toons and hit play" drudgery fest. Maybe include some insanely hard goals with insanely good rewards for those of us who are bored with running easy key dungeons X number of times?

Fudjo
10-02-2020, 03:06 AM
Me too; the game was actually challenging for the better part of a day and I was halfway to completing the talisman requirement when it got nerfed. Now it's just another boring grind that can be achieved with zero thought.

More difficult events would make this feel more like a game and less like a "pick 4 half decent toons and hit play" drudgery fest. Maybe include some insanely hard goals with insanely good rewards for those of us who are bored with running easy key dungeons X number of times?

Oh totally. Everyone complains if the dungeon can't be auto-farmed with a sub-minute team, but they'll also complain that it's too boring if you CAN do that. It's good to get a nutcracker of a dungeon sometimes - it's a more rewarding puzzle to solve.

My criticisms of the event (as it launched) are really just that the 3rd wave causes a CPU overload problem 'cause of the Tengu, and that there seemed to be only one reliable path to success (Purple Odin delivery system) which required very-difficult-to-obtain equipment to do it (mainly a Purple Odin). Even then, 100 runs on manual (not even 20 a day) without a Purple Odin is all it would have taken to get a Paranoia T3, and there are teams that can do it.

MarkyMark
10-02-2020, 03:47 AM

I'm all for adding challenge dungeons but it's simply poor design to have an event where you can only get the event currency from a difficulty level that is too hard for all but a very small subset of players. Even more so when the main reward is a powerful cosmic.

I've got a good roster and can generally pass SS rank at Gauntlet... but trying to finish the dungeon on manual let alone auto was just miserable. I haven't seen a single auto team without Assassin Odin - who only a small minority of players have.

The answer is of course to have some challenges that are accessible to all players, and some difficult challenges with incremental rewards for the hardcore players.

100 runs on manual is still completely unrealistic. That's probably 10+ hours worth right there, manually running the same dungeon over and over. No thanks.

MarkyMark
10-02-2020, 03:52 AM

Infernal (Hard) is still just as hard as it was yesterday and you still need at least 10 runs of it to complete the event achievements.

MuzakMaker
10-02-2020, 04:24 AM
Oh totally. Everyone complains if the dungeon can't be auto-farmed with a sub-minute team, but they'll also complain that it's too boring if you CAN do that. It's good to get a nutcracker of a dungeon sometimes - it's a more rewarding puzzle to solve.

My criticisms of the event (as it launched) are really just that the 3rd wave causes a CPU overload problem 'cause of the Tengu, and that there seemed to be only one reliable path to success (Purple Odin delivery system) which required very-difficult-to-obtain equipment to do it (mainly a Purple Odin). Even then, 100 runs on manual (not even 20 a day) without a Purple Odin is all it would have taken to get a Paranoia T3, and there are teams that can do it.

Difficulty is a good thing and aside from the third wave issue I don't actually want any changes to the dungeon. All of the dungeons have their trick to them that unlock the "100% decent success and decent speed" and I'm okay with it being a not easy thing to achieve and that run being a bit longer with better rewards that come from the higher level dungeon.

My main issue with how the event exists post changes is that 20% of the event frags live behind that trick especially when normally the stretch goals don't even have event frags as rewards. It's the inconsistency that rubs me the wrong way.

That's why in my initial assessment of the event wasn't "OMG WE NEED TO NERF THIS IMPOSSIBLE DUNGEON" but instead a redistribution of event frags so that the event was more accessible to a larger player base.

Something we more experienced players sometimes forget is that even the normal level of infernal is already challenging for a decent amount of players given that assassins tend to be glass cannons and depending on your roster you might not have the right characters who can wear the useful talismans.

JudasFromHell
10-02-2020, 07:45 AM
Damned bugs.... despite the fact that Hard is just impossible on auto, I just noticed that many of the event challenges are bugged: only the first repeatable challenge counts - now 6/10 times done, however the other repeatable "clear any difficulty of infernal dungeon) stopped counting after 3 runs..... :S

Olevipoeg
10-02-2020, 07:54 AM
Hi Olevipoeg.

If you already completed the challenges before the adjustments were applied, this is how it will look. I've just confirmed in your account that you successfully completed these challenges a couple hours before the update was made, and you successfully received your rewards!
I counted the fragments over and You are right. This is only visual glitch. I'm sorry of confusion. Thank You for clearing this up!

Madrik
10-02-2020, 08:03 AM
how do we claim the frags for the 10 run goals, 10/10 done but the go button is there and cant claim them

Rigo
10-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Can't pass story mod.
Have any team for story mode?

osiris0000
10-02-2020, 12:27 PM
From my experience, running hard level once helped me to recieve the frags from 10 run goals. Worth a try

Bartman9999
10-02-2020, 03:58 PM
Can't pass story mod.
Have any team for story mode?

I did it with max moonchild and max sevastopol. Round 3 is just an exploit of double-blockers (a bug in my opinion). Key is to disable passive of magus dog and hit the guy with yggdragsil, wont be easy, but when one falls the "double-bloker bug" stops working even if they are revived. I guess any toon that's capable of disable passives can work, I used moonie.

Rigo
10-03-2020, 06:55 AM
I did it with max moonchild and max sevastopol. Round 3 is just an exploit of double-blockers (a bug in my opinion). Key is to disable passive of magus dog and hit the guy with yggdragsil, wont be easy, but when one falls the "double-bloker bug" stops working even if they are revived. I guess any toon that's capable of disable passives can work, I used moonie.

Thanks for reply. Which talismans can I use on Moonchild and Sevastopol? Thanks again

HuckFinn150
10-03-2020, 04:49 PM
Has anyone tried the paranoia talisman on FotD? Is it a change to make him hit better and become useful? I have him with frontier (overwhelming) and cosmic iron. His attack is a total of 2700 and special is at 1300. His health is at 32000 and defence is at 2900. He still doesn't hut that hard and I'm not sure this talisman is going to change that. Any ideas or input?

Beddie
10-03-2020, 05:11 PM
He he, 100th reply be like

EnricoPalazzo
10-05-2020, 09:50 AM
Has anyone tried the paranoia talisman on FotD? Is it a change to make him hit better and become useful? I have him with frontier (overwhelming) and cosmic iron. His attack is a total of 2700 and special is at 1300. His health is at 32000 and defence is at 2900. He still doesn't hut that hard and I'm not sure this talisman is going to change that. Any ideas or input?

I have tried FotD with the Paranioa T3 - nada. No Paranoia effect caused in at least a dozen battles, neither in Arena nor PVE.
This seems to be just another bug, the talisman does not seem to activate on FotD.

Anyone else had any success?

HuckFinn150
10-05-2020, 10:57 AM
Somehow, I'm not surprised lol

Maiden
10-05-2020, 10:58 AM
I have tried FotD with the Paranioa T3 - nada. No Paranoia effect caused in at least a dozen battles, neither in Arena nor PVE.
This seems to be just another bug, the talisman does not seem to activate on FotD.

Anyone else had any success?

You can see some Eyeballs flying around the toon when Paranoia is activated. It does work. But again, relying on visual effects for buffs/debuffs and not supporting the effects with icons or graphic symbols is a bad move. All the innates visual effects are a bad idea.

MuzakMaker
10-05-2020, 02:41 PM
You can see some Eyeballs flying around the toon when Paranoia is activated. It does work. But again, relying on visual effects for buffs/debuffs and not supporting the effects with icons or graphic symbols is a bad move. All the innates visual effects are a bad idea.

Is this another case of the effect not showing on lower graphics again?

Muzzleloader
10-05-2020, 03:16 PM
I tried it in test arena and it works.

Madrik
10-05-2020, 04:34 PM
i put it on him and jack all happens

Mateja
10-05-2020, 09:34 PM
I fought some in arena. It does prevent blocking, yggs were just ignored both times. Works as advertised, as far as I've seen, but it's definitely nothing special. When people start remembering what paranoia cosmic does, meta teams will roll through FotD just like before. It may be useful in some dungeons I suppose.

EnricoPalazzo
10-06-2020, 09:30 AM

Tried it again and yes, you're right, this works as advertised.
Bloody annoying that there's no icon though, the whole innate effect stuff needs icons and also detailed descriptions in the character info (long press on char during battle).
Who can keep track of all this?
And I concur, FotD even with this mildly annoying talisman still is nothing special. WAY better choices of Eddies and Talismans out there...

Barthax
10-07-2020, 10:53 AM
Tried it again and yes, you're right, this works as advertised.
Bloody annoying that there's no icon though, the whole innate effect stuff needs icons and also detailed descriptions in the character info (long press on char during battle).
Who can keep track of all this?
And I concur, FotD even with this mildly annoying talisman still is nothing special. WAY better choices of Eddies and Talismans out there...

The whole battle system could do with an optional running on-screen commentary on how things are interacting: scrolling past at the side. At least we can then see what effect is or isn't being considered. Right now, for those things that are visually shown, it's a mess of writing on top of each other.

Brickster
10-09-2020, 09:24 PM
I've suggested this a year ago, and it got ignored completely.

Azagthor
10-16-2020, 08:31 AM
Hey folks, been rather unwell lately, sorry I didn't get this up in time to be of any use. Figured I'd share it here anyway, so we'll be able to compare the original version with whatever changes next month's patch brings.