PDA

View Full Version : Heroic 5* Summon Ratios

dragonmat89
10-27-2020, 09:54 AM
Possibly just a RNG thing but opening 360 regular Heroics, 14 Legendary Heroics and 3 Mythical Heroics I got 7 5* characters, only one of which was Wasteland Eddie (I know he's broken still but I didn't have him yet). I pulled him from the Mythicals, which I opened in one go after opening all the other souls - can anyone remember whether there's supposed to be a 50/50 chance between the two 5*s in the Heroic rotation (regardless of the odds of getting a 5* in the first place)? 1 in 7 could be RNG but seems slightly lopsided.

IronMaster
10-27-2020, 10:48 AM
You really think that 50/50 means you'll get both characters from 2 souls?
50/50 it's for every single soul regardless the total amount of souls

Brickster
10-27-2020, 03:07 PM
This is called gambler's fallacy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy).

dragonmat89
10-27-2020, 03:29 PM
I know 50/50 is no guarantee that I'd get one of each from summoning 2 souls; from what I remember of my stats lessons, the odds of an outcome from, say, a coin toss is multiplicative with each iteration so there was a 0.5^7 chance of it taking 7 5* drops before I got a Wasteland Eddie, or roughly 0.8% chance of it taking me that long (and that's just a 0.8% of the 5* summons, regardless of the 5* drop rate itself). Luck must have just been against me with this one - I'm just possibly slightly cynical about high ticket characters and their drop rates :P Oh well, lots of Cyborg fragments at least, just in case I need them for whatever Cyborg Monday ends up being this year...

Mateja
10-27-2020, 03:39 PM
Someone posted a screenshot a while ago, out of 11 heroic mythicals they got 11 of the same char (I think it was 11 Eddies). It approaches 50/50 only when numbers start getting very large.

Brickster
10-28-2020, 08:40 AM
This discussion reminds me of an answer in last year's Q&A.
The game's producer Matt_LOTB addressed a similar issue and called this streaky RNG. This basically means that the outcomes of each "dice roll" are not independent.
Here is the link to that Q&A. Make sure to search for the word "streaky" and it will take you right to his answer. (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12065-Dev-Q-amp-A-Post-your-questions-here!)

To me it sounds like a made up term used to disguise bad coding.

Thoughts?

Barthax
10-29-2020, 08:03 AM
This discussion reminds me of an answer in last year's Q&A.
The game's producer Matt_LOTB addressed a similar issue and called this streaky RNG. This basically means that the outcomes of each "dice roll" are not independent.
Here is the link to that Q&A. Make sure to search for the word "streaky" and it will take you right to his answer. (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?12065-Dev-Q-amp-A-Post-your-questions-here!)

To me it sounds like a made up term used to disguise bad coding.

Thoughts?

They probably forgot Pseduo in their description of RNG as there's rarely anything genuinely random about PRNGs: they always produce the same number flow given the same input seed. I took the streaky to mean that the NG will produce the similar outcome based on multiple different inputs.