PDA

View Full Version : Event Currency Guide

Leviathan
11-10-2020, 12:04 AM
Event currency is currency earned via specific events that can be traded in store for high value items during a set period of time. Event currency will largely replace the use of tradeable fragments in future events.

Each event currency will be earnable and usable for 1 specific event, or mega event. Once the allotted period for that currency has expired, all remaining event currency will be converted into another currency or high value reward based on the type of event!

How can I see my total?
Your event currency totals are visible when you enter the Event tab in the Store, and the Event tab of the Challenge menu.

What do the timers under my event currency total mean?
Timers are always present on event currencies to indicate the time to earn and spend them.

White timer: This showcases the amount of time left to earn event currency
Red timer: This event currency has less than 24 hours before it is no longer earnable
Grey timer: This event currency is no longer earnable. The time remaining indicates how long you have to spend your remaining currency. Once this timer runs out, any remaining event currency will be converted into another reward.

Once a currency converts you will see a pop up in game indicating what that event currency has been transformed into.

MuzakMaker
11-10-2020, 12:19 AM
Unfortunately with the new currency not carrying over this looks to be a "6 of one, half a dozen of another". We're still going to spend the bare minimum per event and hoard in between.

Well, at least this cures one of the many inventory woes. Unless we get worthwhile rewards from the auto conversion this is going to be a huge disappointment and (in my mind) a waste of resources that could have been spent fixing many of the actual bugs that plague the app.

MarkyMark
11-10-2020, 12:58 AM
Can't see it in the event store tab, but it does show up in the event achievements tab.

Leviathan
11-10-2020, 02:35 AM
Can't see it in the event store tab, but it does show up in the event achievements tab.

Hi MarkyMark,

We've just made a slight adjustment in game. This information should now be showing in the Event store tab as well. If you still aren't seeing it, try reloading your game.

MarkyMark
11-10-2020, 03:27 AM
Hi MarkyMark,

We've just made a slight adjustment in game. This information should now be showing in the Event store tab as well. If you still aren't seeing it, try reloading your game.

Hey there it is! Nice one guys.

Barthax
11-10-2020, 08:54 AM
A simple but welcome change. :D

GotN
11-10-2020, 01:32 PM
What MuzakMaker said. Don’t understand this new currency system right now, as remaining frags from an event had never been a problem in the game and there are many many other bugs to solve. But maybe only we players didn't see it as a problem and for programmers it was. Who knows. I‘m sure, players will benefit from this change ;)

Leviathan
11-10-2020, 06:49 PM
What MuzakMaker said. Don’t understand this new currency system right now, as remaining frags from an event had never been a problem in the game and there are many many other bugs to solve. But maybe only we players didn't see it as a problem and for programmers it was. Who knows. I‘m sure, players will benefit from this change ;)

Hi GotN,

Thanks for your feedback. We're introducing the currency system to address a few issues we were receiving consistent player feedback on:

1) Events that use Soul Fragments as currency caused quite a bit of confusion, with many players using the Fragments to create Souls instead of trading those Fragments in the Store. Now that we have introduced a proper event currency system, this kind of issue will be eliminated.
2) This reduces clutter on the Fragments screen. Many players do not convert old fragments that will never be used again, creating a screen that can be difficult to navigate. While there are other improvements we have identified that could assist with this, replacing the fragments with a currency that will instantly convert into another high value reward at the end of an event was top on our list.

MuzakMaker
11-10-2020, 07:49 PM
Another thing I've noticed, with the conversion rate we can potentially be left with an un-convertable amount of Lillith frags. It should never be possible to have less than 5 frags of a type since there is nothing to do with them besides let them sit in your inventory.

Yes, with Lillith frags we can wait until next month's frags event but what if we hit that magical limit where we have too many frags types and get locked out until support fixes our account which takes weeks on average.

My suggestion, use a rounding function (up or down I don't care) in the conversion process to ensure players can't put themselves in a situation where there frags amount can never be 1-4.

druid138
11-10-2020, 08:04 PM
Conceptually, this idea is fine.

But, the thing I don't like about it currently is that I can't store the Jaguar in frags while I wait for more character slots to be added. I have to take it now. So, there is even more pressure on inventories now.

Iced_Earth
11-10-2020, 08:48 PM
I dont See any jaguar frags on my fraginventory. Any1 got those probs too?

Brickster
11-10-2020, 09:40 PM
You can see it in the top of your screen if you're in the events tab of both the store and challenges menu.

You can't see any other currencies though, but I suspect that's a bug and will be fixed at some point soon.

Omnus
11-10-2020, 11:12 PM
Now instead of several similar looking frags at the bottom of the screen, there will be several similar looking frags at the top of the screen, but smaller.

Geodude
11-10-2020, 11:17 PM
I like the new event currency idea. However, like many others, I still have so many different types of frags now that I have no idea which ones are safe to dump/convert and which ones are/will still be useful. It would be great if the devs could provide a comprehensive list showing which frags are no longer useful and can safely be converted, and/or provide some automated way to remove them all at once. That would clear up a ton of space.

Muzzleloader
11-10-2020, 11:31 PM
One change that may help some is to be able to convert partial quantities of frags such as various rare or epic into precious frags. No you can only convert all of them. It would be nice to convert know quantities instead of all or none.

RPaige71
11-10-2020, 11:54 PM
I just wish that the frags would tell me if they were still usable, not if theyre still available. I also would really like it if frags could be combined with other frags if theyre both for the same character (example Fenrir frags being added to the Fenrir frags from clan store)

Nifelheim
11-11-2020, 12:02 AM
I think the old frags won’t be converted to event currency, or the highlight frag once EC expires.. old frags will have to be converted the old way

GotN
11-11-2020, 09:19 AM
Hi GotN,

Thanks for your feedback. We're introducing the currency system to address a few issues we were receiving consistent player feedback on:

1) Events that use Soul Fragments as currency caused quite a bit of confusion, with many players using the Fragments to create Souls instead of trading those Fragments in the Store. Now that we have introduced a proper event currency system, this kind of issue will be eliminated.
2) This reduces clutter on the Fragments screen. Many players do not convert old fragments that will never be used again, creating a screen that can be difficult to navigate. While there are other improvements we have identified that could assist with this, replacing the fragments with a currency that will instantly convert into another high value reward at the end of an event was top on our list.

Leviathan, thanks for your reply! Very appreciated!
Ofc understand that old system led to some confusions especially for newbies concerning convertion of frags. Especially giving them back wrong converted frags was a real nice come towards from your team! This needed some extra programming and with not converted frags (I’m honest, I’m one of those players, not converting old frags ;)) needed some extra space in game. Anyway, as a collector, I will miss those frags a little :D But I already begin to like the idea of automatically converting them into „high value rewards“, as you have called it. Getting Lilith frags from not used frags in this event is excellent imo. Thanks for that! Keep up the good work on the game! \m/

GotN
11-11-2020, 09:31 AM
Now instead of several similar looking frags at the bottom of the screen, there will be several similar looking frags at the top of the screen, but smaller.

No. This is exactly the point why they changed the system. Every former frags-for-rewards-spending-event now has the same event currency, which will disappear after some time and appear again when next event starts (closer explanation see Leviathans first post), so you only have one stack of it on your screen.

GotN
11-11-2020, 09:36 AM
I just wish that the frags would tell me if they were still usable, not if theyre still available. I also would really like it if frags could be combined with other frags if theyre both for the same character (example Fenrir frags being added to the Fenrir frags from clan store)

Grey timer: This event currency is no longer earnable. The time remaining indicates how long you have to spend your remaining currency. Once this timer runs out, any remaining event currency will be converted into another reward.

Azagthor
11-11-2020, 02:44 PM
Only just noticed this today, if you tap and hold on the currency in either the Event Store of the Event Challenges page it shows you where they come from and what they'll be converted into. Rather neat.

Wyphy
11-11-2020, 11:43 PM
Rather disappointed as I had a different concept in mind for event fragments.
Namely that we just got "Event Fragments" (or whatever themed name) that would stack up forever so we could use them on whatever event we wanted.
So you think this event's rewards aren't what you need? Save them for next time and get something different.

Would mean that some people would get several of a given event reward, but why does that matter? Everyone gets the choice they want.

I like that at least for this event they convert to Lilith fragments, but we don't know the ratio; maybe it's 100:1, which obviously isn't good.

Since this is how it will be now, please put the conversion ratio in the event fragment popup so we can make better decisions for purchases or letting them convert.

AndyCatzo
11-12-2020, 04:03 PM
Rather disappointed as I had a different concept in mind for event fragments.
Namely that we just got "Event Fragments" (or whatever themed name) that would stack up forever so we could use them on whatever event we wanted.
So you think this event's rewards aren't what you need? Save them for next time and get something different.

Would mean that some people would get several of a given event reward, but why does that matter? Everyone gets the choice they want.

I like that at least for this event they convert to Lilith fragments, but we don't know the ratio; maybe it's 100:1, which obviously isn't good.

Since this is how it will be now, please put the conversion ratio in the event fragment popup so we can make better decisions for purchases or letting them convert.

Yes, we know the ratio since that was explained in the event news:

"Instead, 24 hours after the event ends, the specific currency will instantly be converted into a different reward that will be deposited into your account! For Ally events your currency will be converted to Lilith Soul Fragments at a 10% rate."

you can check all the details in the news section in the game or here: https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?13948-4%26%2311088%3BAlly-Event-featuring-the-DEBUT-Gunner-Spirit-Jaguar

Azagthor
11-13-2020, 09:19 AM

What's happening here? The number under the currency is grey, so I should still be able to spend them if I've understood the colour correctly, but the store says everything has expired and wont let me claim the Jaguar.