PDA

View Full Version : Preliminary Tuning Notes for April 2021 - Discussion

Ceeg_LOTB
04-19-2021, 11:26 PM
Feel free to discuss the April Tuning Notes here!

GotN
04-19-2021, 11:48 PM
Oh yay, another 3 awakenable characters with shards only for money :/
This is really getting boring!

Ignis666
04-20-2021, 12:09 AM
Can you give us the chance to buy at fc store the celestial/eternal/night city/etc.. shards?, If we can't get them by grinding it is really frustrating :V

Madrik
04-20-2021, 12:42 AM
notice that Moonchilds cosmic has been reworked, any update on the passives on Good and Evil moonchild cus they still don't perform as they should.

HuckFinn150
04-20-2021, 12:48 AM
How about an update that allows us to play the game....,

Smudger24
04-20-2021, 12:49 AM
Is it Killer Beast or Prime? The tuning notes say sentinel.

Smudger24
04-20-2021, 12:50 AM
Actually all the classes are off?

Azagthor
04-20-2021, 02:56 AM
The preliminary patch notes are here (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?14174-Preliminary-Tuning-Notes-for-April-2021) if anyone hasn't read them yet.

Wonderful to see Oracle talismans get reworked! I like how the stun/freeze/sleep immunity can be seen as thematically appropriate, if you can see into the future, you can avoid those conditions. Will be cool to see what Phantom Eddie does when awakened, and nice to see him pushed further into a pure-sleep archetype. Hallowed shards... Halloween in May?

Interesting choice to increase the Arena attack list refresh cost from 10 Ironite to 25. Wonder if that will have much impact on anyone other than those aiming for the podium each week?

Changing The Sphinx to the gunner Pharaoh Dog King is another interesting choice. I know a lot of people had more trouble with the Sphinx than with the final boss wave, but that mostly seemed to be due to the Perfect Heal Shield from the Yin & Yang talisman combination, rather than any of the Sphinx's abilities directly. The bugged nature of the Sphinx being unable to display buff icons properly was a pain though, and made the fight rather confusing to follow, as you were never quite sure what effects were working. The gunner P.Dog King's blocking passive may potentially make the fight last longer, as unless you can disable that passive or prevent damage blocking, you will always kill the Dog before killing the purple Anubis, and have to kill them all a second time when the Anubis revives everyone.

This might be a bit nitpicky sorry, but could you please clarify the Taurus talisman effect? The second line "Grant [buffs] for 1 turn after another ally takes damage", who receives those buffs? "Grant" usually means the effects are applied to your team, while "Gain" is usually used when it only applies to yourself. They seem pretty powerful either way, and I'm not quite sure which way would be most suitable for the sentinel class. Upon seeing your ally in danger, a sentinel could try to protect them by granting them buffs directly, or they could buff themself in order to be a more effective protector.

Saints_sin
04-20-2021, 03:54 AM
Is this finally the release of the night city awakening shards if so good awakening shards and bespokes are 2 things that shouldn't be pay only especially ones that can make a difference to parts of the game like arena let's hope these awakenings are better than some of the previous ones from the last few. Months apart from that we shall see how it goes nice too see the arcade armagedon hit

asheiner
04-20-2021, 06:24 AM
Is it Killer Beast or Prime? The tuning notes say sentinel.

To me it's Killer Beast, because his awakening is also mentioned in the "Skill Changes" section above.

667 Neighbor of the Beast
04-20-2021, 07:15 AM
I am confused, surely this is a discussion for updates which will happen at the end of April ready for the content in May. The discussion title suggests it is an update that already happened on the 16th April (4 days ago)

Ceeg_LOTB
04-20-2021, 07:35 AM
I am confused, surely this is a discussion for updates which will happen at the end of April ready for the content in May. The discussion title suggests it is an update that already happened on the 16th April (4 days ago)

Thanks! I copied and pasted the wrong info! I've updated it to make more sense. ^ Ceeg

04-20-2021, 07:38 AM
Thanks! I copied and pasted the wrong info! I've updated it to make more sense. ^ Ceeg

Nooooooo

Now my previous post makes no sense and people will think I'm crazy

04-20-2021, 07:44 AM
Interesting choice to increase the Arena attack list refresh cost from 10 Ironite to 25. Wonder if that will have much impact on anyone other than those aiming for the podium each week?

You sometimes get charged for the refresh of the Arena attack list if there is a connection problem; when you get the pop-up "connection problem" message and the list fails to load on a normal refresh, if you hit "ok" to try again you will be charged for the refresh. The only way to escape without being charged is to restart the app.

This is definitely the case with iOS and I assume it is the same with Android.

04-20-2021, 08:14 AM
If we compare these update notes to the previous ones, we can see some things that are missing from the current set and that can give us an idea of what to expect (or what not to expect) next month.

All 3 characters that can be awakened are existing ones, meaning we are not going to grind for a new awakenable 5-star.

The list of new achievements does not include anything for a new dungeon (personally, this is a big relief for me as it means I don't have more space in my Book of Souls taken up by a stack of keys), but it does mean the any new content for the month will be either more Avalon levels or a harder level of an existing dungeon. I hope we are getting more Avalon levels as harder dungeon levels usually exclude most players so the new content is only playable by a few people

dragonmat89
04-20-2021, 08:37 AM
Hallowed shards... Halloween in May?

Well we did have Christmas in April, so why not?

Notes look good although I am wondering how many different awakening shards we can possibly have as each new one dilutes the pool of possible ones from Awakening Souls (when they're eventually added) plus takes up a slot in our shard inventory. I only keep one stack of everything shard wise apart from 3* evo shards as you need a fair few of those for awakening, but I can imagine some players may be having issues with stack limits here.

Yally
04-20-2021, 02:35 PM
I wanted a Killer Prime Buff and make him awakanable

URock
04-20-2021, 03:24 PM
1. Fix the menu scroll bug or give us a new GUI!
2. Unlimited storage pls!
3. Awakenable sandworm pls!

Yally
04-20-2021, 07:54 PM
Can you give us the chance to buy at fc store the celestial/eternal/night city/etc.. shards?, If we can't get them by grinding it is really frustrating :V

Would be nice buy all type of Final Awaken Shards in Fc or for 1 million, cause is annoying to "farm" shards in dungeons that also cost FC and have 0.1% rate drop, for instance, i played like 3000 Runs on Lord of light XV and the game just drop me 1 miserable Lord Of Light Final Awake Shard, just 1.

dragonek
04-23-2021, 07:55 AM
i think all awakenable characters are warrior class isnt it?

Dom665
04-23-2021, 08:11 AM

I strongly second that!!!!

Please!