PDA

View Full Version : Redeemed 99 regular souls. NOT. A. SINGLE. EDDIE.

jpmusic
09-15-2016, 04:47 AM
ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!????? I can't believe this, I've been gathering souls for quite a while in order to get some Eddies (at least get back the Speed of Light one which I unfortunately lost). After redeeming 99 souls I just got two 3* characters: Rock Golem and Corrupt Owl Cultist... THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.

Eagleknight
09-15-2016, 05:25 AM
Think of regular shards as just commons you are not going to get any thing special from them. This is because they are so easy to get if u play for a few hours straight u can expect to get at least 50 easy. This is not to say they are not important just don't expect anything jaw dropping from them.

Eagleknight-9103

slauki
09-15-2016, 06:15 AM
Think of regular shards as just commons you are not going to get any thing special from them. This is because they are so easy to get if u play for a few hours straight u can expect to get at least 50 easy. This is not to say they are not important just don't expect anything jaw dropping from them.

Eagleknight-9103

i agree, that's part of the rng. this is a little unlucky, but it's part of the game, my last 30 rare souls contained also just trash, but the probability of getting trash is the highest. but you will also get the good stuff, it's just a matter of time.

jpmusic
09-15-2016, 02:52 PM
I know, so far I've got some interesting characters with those souls, what's unbelievable is that out of 99 just 2 were kind of important... This just demonstrates that it doesn't matter whether you stack souls up or just redeem them one by one, what you get depends on pure luck.

Rydgen
09-21-2016, 07:39 PM
I understand your feel. Out of all of the souls (normal, rare, or class-specific) I've redeemed, my luck has been pretty thin. I did manage a Mummy Eddie from a normal soul, and a Speed of Light Eddie from a rare, but otherwise I get the usual suspects. I'm saving them up now until the update for whatever they have planned for duplicate characters arrives.

Reeb99
09-21-2016, 08:16 PM
I think one of my mummy Eddies came from regular souls. I have a few 3* characters from regular souls, but mostly I get 1 and 2 star common allies from them.

woodol
09-22-2016, 07:44 AM
Me too
After a lot of rare soul, nothing good
I stopped buying rare soul with trooper badges....

PsychoEddie
09-22-2016, 08:06 AM
Me too
After a lot of rare soul, nothing good
I stopped buying rare soul with trooper badges....

Like with the overwhelming majority of others have reported, rare souls buying just seems to be a rip off.

Get skill shards so you don't get bent over too.

Aristo4
09-22-2016, 10:58 AM

Regular souls just today. Had the feeling it was not possible to get a eddie with regular souls anymore these past couple of weeks, but its possible.

Don't know anymore...some people are cursed,unacceptable

woodol
09-22-2016, 02:44 PM
I got speed of light and mummy Eddie with regular souls.
Shit with legendary souls :mad:

maxdeviations
09-22-2016, 03:00 PM
i opened 10 rare souls yesterday that i collected over a period of time ... i got a few puppies a couple of ox looking cult members and my 4th speed of light eddie and 3rd mummy eddie ... YAY ME .. #excited :D
PS - sarcasm

Painkiller
09-22-2016, 03:36 PM
Hi jpmusic . I would like to show you my path in this game, just to asure you that things are not so bad and good drops and fun times are awaiting you (as for me also since I have no rare Eddies)
I also don't have any luck with Rare souls, opened like 30-40 of them and all I got were standard Eddies, Speed of light, RTTH. From Rare soul I got Mummy Eddie but I don't use him for now, he is in leveling and talisman upgrade.
I use Soldier Eddie with almost all talismans lvl 50, Allied Soldier (magus - blue) with lvl 40+ talismans. Without this Allied Soldier, I would be at 1/2 of the game. Right now I manage to finish 3* Underworld - Hard - The Prissoner and just started madness.
Beside this two, I use either Demon Dog 4* (he gets critical chance so I manage to hit for 21.000 dmg) or as I found today, started to level up Golden Son Warrior ...he does AOE Physical damage with chance of critical so its like my Demon Dog cloned 5 times :) ...on this warrios, I have Guardian Fierce talismans at lvl 40-50 ...
As for my Troopers, I have 50 of them, most are The Nomad, Pharaoh Eddie, Samurai Eddie. I use this high level fighters to try and advance 1-2 stages or at lest complete some of them with 3*.

So, Soldier Eddie (has an excelent healing all team skill), Allied Soldier with Reflect and mostly Warrior allies with talismans on lvl 40-50 are helping me everyday go closer to finishing the game.

I have almost 600 regular souls and I stopped using them when I learned to play with troopers I mention above.
Also I have 2100 Ironite. Spent some on 10 rare pack souls but got nothing worth it.
Trooper badges - 3 x times on Rare Gun/Assasin soul got me crap. Rare Warr/Mag/Sentinel soul also got me nothing. So I stopped using them and will save them to buy Skill shard.

I am keeping all my Eddies and all allies got from Rare soul, as I read on forums, in the future you can recycle Eddies (and maybe all other double stuff) for something else.

So don't loose hope, yes, game is bugged, I loose some items every day but still its fun :)

aur0ra85
09-22-2016, 03:38 PM
If you're patient and you get a decent team together from basic souls: blue and green allied soldiers. You can finish the game just by upgrading your talismans. This will allow you to farm almost every level of the rift providing you with enough rare souls that at some point you'll beat the random number generator and start getting some of the exotic 4 star and 5 star characters.
I'd just bank skill shards early on until you get soldier Eddie or something else decent enough to spend them on.

jpmusic
09-22-2016, 03:53 PM
I've already finished the game, so no problems there... I'm just looking to collect some more interesting characters :)

Painkiller
09-22-2016, 04:08 PM
I've already finished the game, so no problems there... I'm just looking to collect some more interesting characters :)

Do you know about this thread, it offers a logical best use of Ironite :)

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1016-Theory-of-Ironite

MetalWarrior
09-23-2016, 05:58 AM
check out my luck at book of souls ;) :p from few hrs ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCYlvdYNNrY

slauki
09-23-2016, 08:22 AM
check out my luck at book of souls ;) :p from few hrs ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCYlvdYNNrY

at least you got one 4* character, that's not as bad as it seems even it is a crappy one ;-)

Heavy1974
09-23-2016, 08:25 AM
Got a 4* from red trooper soul : an Eddie-thenormal one, yay

MetalWarrior
09-23-2016, 09:37 AM
at least you got one 4* character, that's not as bad as it seems even it is a crappy one ;-)

hahaha! you didn't notice that I got the Jesus! :p ( credit was mentioned )

aur0ra85
09-23-2016, 07:42 PM
I almost made up my mind after seeing kaijesters toons again to buy the assassin rare souls, then I realized what everyone is complaining about: they must have nerfed the drop rate on toons as well. I e dumped hundreds of rare souls since the update and gotten about 4 4* characters. :/
I really want some of those gunner toons, but wow what a risk. :(

FlyingV
10-04-2016, 05:39 PM
I have played since July and I have yet to see a single Eddie drop from a rare soul. I've had and sold tons of 3 star RTTH and Mummy Eddies as rare drops from normal souls, but even here, the best I could gather is 4 different 3 star eddies (RTTH, carriage, speed of light, and mummy).