PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Troll

BillLion
09-15-2016, 03:23 PM
I replied to another thread about him, but realized it was originally categorized incorrectly so I figured I'd start a discussion here.

Skills

Twist of Fate
-Deals true damage to a single target
-35% chance to lower a random stat on the enemy for 2 turns

Guard All (special ability)
-Reduce physical damage
-Reduce magic damage
-Fury increases based on damage taken while guard is up

Passive:

Shield:
-Gives a heal damage or reflect shield to all allies at the start of battle

I have enough Evo shards to level another character to 5*s so I'm trying to decide between him and artillery dog (assassin) at the moment.

Anyone have the troll at 5*s? Happy with him? Thoughts? Insights? Recommendations on build?

slauki
09-15-2016, 03:43 PM
i really hate playing against him, since i cannot farm the level on auto due to his shields. i could imagine, that he could be great to autofarm, when you got him. but never played with him, so this is a pure guess. the shields look huge on paper, since they are cutting the damage you take in half for the first round. and in the second round the enemies are dead anyway ;-)

i would really like to have one on my own to test him...

Chronic420
09-15-2016, 06:52 PM
I have him 5* maxed he hits hard and is amazing for a 4th his shields are great. helps the less hp def chars alot

BillLion
09-15-2016, 06:54 PM
I have him 5* maxed he hits hard and is amazing for a 4th his shields are great. helps the less hp def chars alot

Awesome! What talismans do you run him with?

aur0ra85
09-15-2016, 09:45 PM
I just got one of these from a rare soul. Id like to try him out, but no shards, no spare talismans. :/

Olevipoeg
09-19-2016, 12:13 PM
I put 3 energy talismans ( all level 5, I didn't had any other 5* green talismans ) and 3 Assassin talismans ( level 4) on him. He can take a lot of beating and hits like a truck.

Witkacy
09-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Evening folks :)

I've got this little red guy as the reward of finishing the game... Problem is that he's got 3 purple slots and I have no assassin character at all to test what talismans to try on him and upgrade... If you guys could give me some tips what to choose would be great, please... I am at disposal of those sets of talismans:
- Resistance Tali
- Resilence Tali
- Vampiric Tali
- Void Tali

Thanks,
W

Qed
09-20-2016, 10:23 PM
I'll go with void.

aur0ra85
09-20-2016, 10:50 PM
Void is a solid set to level up. Assassin would be a solid choice here I feel too. For the three blank ones you get lots of options, 3 set energy overwhelming, invisibility (just because why not?), a pair of guardian fierce and a green overwhelming (for the hard hitter with good tank), paladin (for the MR), a pair of boost will and an overwhelming green (should have a great special stat).
TBH. I find if its for auto farming, it's often best to push the special stats of allied even if they don't need it, as it fills the fury bar for soldier Eddie much faster. Looks like you have lots of options here as a wide variety will fit in the blank spots nicely.
Vampiric only works with chars that do physical damage.

Aristo4
09-27-2016, 12:29 AM
Void is a solid set to level up. Assassin would be a solid choice here I feel too. For the three blank ones you get lots of options, 3 set energy overwhelming, invisibility (just because why not?), a pair of guardian fierce and a green overwhelming (for the hard hitter with good tank), paladin (for the MR), a pair of boost will and an overwhelming green (should have a great special stat).
TBH. I find if its for auto farming, it's often best to push the special stats of allied even if they don't need it, as it fills the fury bar for soldier Eddie much faster. Looks like you have lots of options here as a wide variety will fit in the blank spots nicely.
Vampiric only works with chars that do physical damage.

Tried yours right now, right after I got one of my own... I'm wondering if theres anything more to that than its defensive buffs.
Maybe i'm blind since its 3.30 am here :cool:

aur0ra85
09-27-2016, 01:01 AM
He's not in my regular farming party, but he's almost always my fourth in the rifts. ;)
Surviving the first round of a battle almost without any effort is priceless on auto. He doesn't seem to do much else tho. I'm quite happy with the character. I might try some different talisman builds.

Aristo4
09-27-2016, 01:05 AM
Ok, he'll become a talisman parking slot for now, reserved for the future :cool: