PDA

View Full Version : Which Eddie should I use?

Journeyman
09-16-2016, 07:45 AM
Hello all!
I just joined to the forums after i saw some very useful tips in here!

right now i'm in advanced levels of the campaign (underworld - normal, battlefield - hard, kingdom of sands - madness, dungeons - lvl 5/6) and i am trying to find the best combination for my team

My current allies:
child of the damned (warrior, 5*) - i love him! high atk & gain an extra turn if he gets a kill
axis soldier (magnus, 4*) - nice damage and i enjoy his ability to hit all targets when using his power.

my current strategy is usually use my eddie and soldier to hit an enemy and let the the child finish the job

which brings me to my question - who is the best eddie for me?

right now i am using my 5* visions eddie. he got a lot of hp (so it takes time to kill him) and he is a good healer. i do not like him that much because of his low damage he does. on the hard levels i depend too much on my child of the damned to make actual damage.

my another eddies, currently not in use:
3* eddie
3* wicker man eddie
3* speed of light eddie
3* mummy eddie (x3...)
3* soldier eddie
4* carriage rider eddie

which one is the best to develop and play with?
(or, another tip for a good ally instead of axis soldier?)

Dutch
09-16-2016, 08:09 AM
visions eddie is one of the worst of all, i cant stand him, Carriage is my favourite but if youre looking for an allrounder then definitely go with soldier

Heavy1974
09-16-2016, 08:15 AM
I use Soldier nearly always since i got him. Level him up, max out talismans and use the
Skill shards you get on him.
He is good.

BillLion
09-16-2016, 10:53 AM
visions eddie is one of the worst of all, i cant stand him, Carriage is my favourite but if youre looking for an allrounder then definitely go with soldier

What Dutch said. I used Carriage Rider until I got to Underworld Madness and then at 4*s he wasn't cutting it. But I've since upgraded him to 5*s and that's where he really shines. Though my Pharaoh Eddie is my primary.

For now I'd recommend you take Soldier Eddie to 4*s and max his talismans and you can complete the content with him. 5* him for extra fun. ;)

slauki
09-16-2016, 12:50 PM
I use Soldier nearly always since i got him. Level him up, max out talismans and use the
Skill shards you get on him.
He is good.

not sure if the skillshards are a good investment because the dumb acrid smoke, where you can spend 7 skillshards on. it's like thwowing them away,if acrid smoke rises.
i was always a fan of soldier eddi, but i also like carrtiage rider very much. i found that i can better autofarm with carriage rider than with soldier eddie.
to finish the campaigns maybe soldier eddie is a little better.

Olevipoeg
09-16-2016, 12:53 PM
not sure if the skillshards are a good investment because the dumb acrid smoke, where you can spend 7 skillshards on. it's like thwowing them away,if acrid smoke rises.
i was always a fan of soldier eddi, but i also like carrtiage rider very much. i found that i can better autofarm with carriage rider than with soldier eddie.
to finish the campaigns maybe soldier eddie is a little better.
There is a way to level up Soldier Eddie's other skills without wasting shards to acrid smoke. Don't open future shard before other skills are maxed. :)

OpticSugar
09-16-2016, 01:24 PM
I found that you can force-quit the game immediately after spending a skill shard if it comes up with something that you don't like (like acrid smoke) and when you load the game back up, the shard is still unused and it didn't apply to that skill (it's like un-doing) - at least on iOS.

That's helpful if you decide you want to spend the skill shard on another character... but if you apply it to the same character, it will *always* come up as the same skill (ie: acrid smoke). No matter how many days you wait, or if you use shards on other characters and go back to that character to use another shard... it will still come up the same. It's like it has pre-determined your RNG fate... and you can never re-roll (even though you can 'undo').

So this hack is a little useful, but not really cheating.

OpticSugar
09-16-2016, 01:36 PM
For Soldier Eddie's 'Bullet Trace' ability...
What exactly does it mean when it says "this skill RESETS if you get a kill using it'? This has always been unclear to me.

Journeyman
09-16-2016, 03:14 PM
thx for all the comments. I changed to soldier eddie and he is definitely suit for me to move up in the campaign. still have not finished lvl up his talisman though. I will try carriage rider soon after few farming sessions :)

jpmusic
09-16-2016, 03:15 PM
For Soldier Eddie's 'Bullet Trace' ability...
What exactly does it mean when it says "this skill RESETS if you get a kill using it'? This has always been unclear to me.

If you get a kill using it, Eddie attacks again.

OpticSugar
09-16-2016, 11:27 PM
If you get a kill using it, Eddie attacks again.

Oh, so like you get a free turn? Like the Warrior CotD?
(Why didn't they just say "getting a kill with this skill gives you an extra turn"?)

jpmusic
09-16-2016, 11:36 PM
Oh, so like you get a free turn? Like the Warrior CotD?
(Why didn't they just say "getting a kill with this skill gives you an extra turn"?)

It's not exactly the same, since you don't get to choose what ability to do next. You automatically get another Bullet Trace attack, loop repeats until you attack and don't kill an enemy.

OpticSugar
09-16-2016, 11:47 PM
ahhh... got it... thanks for clearing that up!

Coletrain
09-17-2016, 01:08 AM
Bullet Trace has gotten me out of a jam in certain situations, definitely a killer skill.

PsychoEddie
09-17-2016, 02:22 AM
I found that you can force-quit the game immediately after spending a skill shard if it comes up with something that you don't like (like acrid smoke) and when you load the game back up, the shard is still unused and it didn't apply to that skill (it's like un-doing) - at least on iOS.

That's helpful if you decide you want to spend the skill shard on another character... but if you apply it to the same character, it will *always* come up as the same skill (ie: acrid smoke). No matter how many days you wait, or if you use shards on other characters and go back to that character to use another shard... it will still come up the same. It's like it has pre-determined your RNG fate... and you can never re-roll (even though you can 'undo').

I've had some crashes right after doing something like that and when I come back the same 'random' try comes up the same so I suspect there is a random seed number attached to my game. For example, I used a rare soul and it came up 'corrupt ox soul (whatever the name)', then there was a game error. I went through the sequence several times and the same character came up, then error-disconnect.

I then switched to a different android device, cashed in the soul, 'corrupt ox..' showed up AGAIN, and then the game continued from there. It's so statistically unlikely that I have to guess there something about my account number/whatever controlling that regardless of the device I'm using to access the game (or that specific soul random roll was tracked and saved on the server end the first time and applied to every instance after).

(which is fine with me, it does throw a monkey wrench at cheating attempts)

slauki
09-17-2016, 08:20 AM

thank you for the hint. at least you would have the free chance to look, if acrid smoke rises. if so, you can choose another character to boost. this is pretty usefull although you cannot do anything about it.