PDA

View Full Version : Which Character to Upgrade?

Nicko
09-16-2016, 02:55 PM
I've beat the game on all levels, so at this point trying to get characters developed for Night City.

With the frustrating drop rate, it's a challenge deciding which 4* character to upgrade.

In the running are Soldier Eddie, Carriage Rider Eddie, Magus Allied Soldier, and Hellhound.

This will be my first to evolve to 5*, and then back to the slow-as-molasses grind for more 3* rainbow shards. Most of my campaigning has been done with Soldier Eddie, a Corrupt General, and a Magus Allied Soldier.

I also have a "Warrior" team with a Nomad I'm currently leveling and a level 80 Hellhound. Haven't used them as much.

If I decide Sodier Eddie I'll have to hold off a bit and be optimistic I'll get four 3* yellow shards in the Gunner dungeon ;)

Thoughts?

jpmusic
09-16-2016, 02:57 PM
My first 5* was Soldier Eddie. Since he is my most used character I figured if I leveled him up all the way, I could team him up with characters that still need some experience and not lose all my battles along the way :)

My 2nd was Blue Allied Soldier.

Bryan-3528
09-16-2016, 03:05 PM
I did the opposite of jp, promoted magus allied solider to 5 stars first. But this was because I didnt have enought 3* gold evo shards for soldier eddie. I did however have enough 3* blue evo shards so I went with who I could. Once I got the last needed 3* gold evo shard (and had enough rainbow shards) I did promote soldier eddie 2nd.

5* allied magus soldier and 4* solider eddie with some high talismans are pretty sweet in the damage department.

I might do hell hound next but i am waiting to see what/when happens with new content first.

Nicko
09-17-2016, 02:10 AM
Looks like a three way tie...

Reeb99
09-17-2016, 04:13 AM
Seems like Magus Allied Soldier would benefit the most, depending on your talisman setup. That's the one with low health issues.

Nicko
09-17-2016, 05:43 AM
Seems like Magus Allied Soldier would benefit the most, depending on your talisman setup. That's the one with low health issues.

CR Eddie could benefit from a health boost as well...an extra talisman slot for a green

I do think right now it's between CR Eddie and Allied Soldier. That gunner dungeon is tough at the higher levels and getting four more 3* yellow shards may take a few weeks. Hellhound can wait.

I've been using CR Eddie primarily to remove beneficial effects from trolls in the underworld. Soldier Eddie is my main, and I switch to CR when needed for his special. I did score a Samurai Eddie today so I'll be using him as well

Blue allied soldiers shield is ridiculously good; it got me through the underworld but by now I'm a little bored with him. CR Eddie is newer for me and looks so dang cool.

With that being said, Im thinking the allied soldier may be the best choice unless someone can convince me otherwise...

MetalWarrior
09-27-2016, 11:48 AM
Even knowing all bugs related to Magus Allied Soldier,do you guys suggest to Evolve that?
and how freeze talisman works on him !

strangely enough,this is the most popular/discussed Ally,still i can't find any dedicated thread on it. :rolleyes:

Schadenfreud-0217
09-27-2016, 11:58 AM
Definitely one of the Eddies, you can have your allies die, but if Eddie dies - you lose. Also Carriage and Soldier are top tier Eddies, you should just choose the one that better fits your team composition.

MetalWarrior
09-27-2016, 12:12 PM
Definitely one of the Eddies, you can have your allies die, but if Eddie dies - you lose. Also Carriage and Soldier are top tier Eddies, you should just choose the one that better fits your team composition.

I'm not sure if your post was to respond my questions or just a general comment on this thread,
my question was specifically for Magus Allied solider.
they are not same shards to evolve soldier Eddie and magus Allied Soldier.

aur0ra85
09-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Allied soldier works fine at 4 stars, with a limited quantity of shards available he'd be one of my last choices. ;)

MuadDib-7367
09-27-2016, 03:06 PM
I'd look at the developers threads in the General Discussion forum. Magus Allie dis getting nerfed and many characters are getting tweaked. If you don't need to upgrade to finish a world, I would wait for the update and the dust to clear. If you can't wait, then Soldier Eddie is your best bet.

MetalWarrior
09-27-2016, 03:54 PM
alright,thanks guys for your suggestions,i'll send him on a paid vacation to Caribbean for now,he can take his harpy girl friend with him.
hopefully when he returns he will be more powerful and evolved. :D

Nicko
10-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Ended up boosting both CR Eddie and Blue Allied Soldier, along with a Hellhound. Of course the Blue Soldier is getting nerfed, but I still think he'll be helpful. Soldier Eddie helped me finish the game and is a great jack of all trades, but frankly - got a little bored with him. Next decision (which should happen this week) will be Green Souless Demon or Soldier Eddie. I've been neglectful on Sentinels, so SE will likely once again get pushed aside...

And recently - have been using Samurai more than both CR or Soldier Eddie. He's a beast!