PDA

View Full Version : GAME UPDATE - PvP & NIGHT CITY

Leviathan
09-16-2016, 06:10 PM
We're pleased to announce that players of Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast can look forward to a number of significant new features, tuning updates and character additions over the coming months. We're particularly excited about the impending launch of PvP, as well as our new campaign world 'Night City', inspired by Maiden’s early catalogue and east end London roots.

In the midst of these planned feature updates, the game will also be moving home to its publisher and owner, Nodding Frog Ltd, a company based in the UK, bringing the game closer to the band’s own headquarters to ensure no time-rift disruptions. During this process, fans and players will notice no difference to the way that they experience, enjoy or play the game. Further stability fixes will be at the very center of these moves along with delivering an even stronger service to the ever growing LotB community.

jpmusic
09-16-2016, 06:16 PM
I knew it, and I posted about the Nodding Frog switch about a week ago ;) this is surely for the best, let's just wish that the next update sees the light very soon...

007RAV15-8839
09-16-2016, 06:17 PM
Wow! I guess that is why we quit getting updates from devs their game is getting yanked out from under them!

ShadowRising
09-16-2016, 06:19 PM
great news, thanks yall.

jpmusic
09-16-2016, 06:22 PM
Wow! I guess that is why we quit getting updates from devs their game is getting yanked out from under them!

Exactly, this helps us understand the 2 weeks of silence and lack of any updates. It had to happen though... It's pretty clear that Roadhouse will not have anything to do with the game anymore. Let's be honest: the community has been complaining and whining a hell of a lot because of bugs, crashes, and all that; if the game was to succeed, it was only a matter of time until they switched companies. Still, hope everything is for the best (or beast? :p)

BillLion
09-16-2016, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm hopeful that these changes will move the game into the territory it deserves. Question: Will Nodding Frog be actually doing the development of the game? Are they a software company? If so I'm curious why it was subbed out to Roadhouse.

I'd also like to acknowledge that Roadhouse helped put a beautiful game together. Yeah, lots of problems and I'm sure this move was needed -but credit where credit is due.

I look forward to the future of LOTB!

007RAV15-8839
09-16-2016, 07:53 PM
I'd also like to acknowledge that Roadhouse helped put a beautiful game together. Yeah, lots of problems and I'm sure this move was needed -but credit where credit is due!

Yes I totally agree +1

When I heard there was going to be a mobile Maiden game I feared it. Extremely surprised by how good it ended up being!

Vertax616
09-16-2016, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the long awaited update! I look forward to the changes and new areas! I think the company switch is for the best but also I completely agree with BillLion, credit where credit is due.

Vaseodin
09-16-2016, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm hopeful that these changes will move the game into the territory it deserves. Question: Will Nodding Frog be actually doing the development of the game? Are they a software company? If so I'm curious why it was subbed out to Roadhouse.

I'd also like to acknowledge that Roadhouse helped put a beautiful game together. Yeah, lots of problems and I'm sure this move was needed -but credit where credit is due.

Notion Seconded!

PeaceFrog
09-16-2016, 09:42 PM
Excellent! Looking forward to the PvP feature! :cool:

The Educated fool
09-16-2016, 11:02 PM
Interesting... thanks for the update!

OpticSugar
09-16-2016, 11:32 PM

notion thirded

MetalWarrior
09-16-2016, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the announcement, i hope that transition would be smooth,some of our game are associated with roadhouse accounts.
I've played other roadhouse game previously,but never heard of nodding frog before,i couldn't even find their company website.
was just curious about the company's accolade.
btw , is that frog really nodding or headbanging while listening to maiden's ! :p

aur0ra85
09-17-2016, 12:51 AM
Crazy.....

Coletrain
09-17-2016, 01:19 AM
Exactly, this helps us understand the 2 weeks of silence and lack of any updates. It had to happen though... It's pretty clear that Roadhouse will not have anything to do with the game anymore. Let's be honest: the community has been complaining and whining a hell of a lot because of bugs, crashes, and all that; if the game was to succeed, it was only a matter of time until they switched companies. Still, hope everything is for the best (or beast? :p)

A bit of googling turned up a few articles about Roadhouse from the past few days. It looks like Roadhouse Interactive has closed its doors as a company, all staff laid off, and that layoffs may have been occurring over the summer as well. Who knows whether the layoffs contributed to the quality of the game or whether the problems with the game contributed to the companies' demise. Best of luck to those affected and best of luck to the new developers in charge.

Kaijester
09-17-2016, 01:44 AM
Well, RI's demise has nothing to do with LOTB and imo LOTB is being carry on with NF proves that it is a commercially successful game.

Coletrain
09-17-2016, 01:54 AM
Well, RI's demise has nothing to do with LOTB and imo LOTB is being carry on with NF proves that it is a commercially successful game.

I tend to agree and look forward to all of these updates. It's just worth recognizing the devs that got such a great game off the ground.

vgta99
09-17-2016, 05:26 AM
Good news for a great game also!
Thanks devs!

XcarecroW
09-17-2016, 01:46 PM
Any way to be more specific about more how long is going to be 'the coming months'?
Thanks for the update :)

Ancient Mariner
09-17-2016, 08:21 PM
Good news!
Excuse me but can someone explain me what "PvP" stands for? Player vs player (arena)? That would be great

Vertax616
09-17-2016, 08:27 PM
Yes! And you should look at the "Introducing LOTB Developer..." thread on General Discussion, there is a sneak peak!

AmBush-UK
09-18-2016, 10:01 PM
Any way to be more specific about more how long is going to be 'the coming months'?
Thanks for the update :)

Yea, 'the coming months' is vague, there are 12 months in the next year and there all coming ;)

The Educated fool
09-18-2016, 10:26 PM
lol--You are not wrong there... :cool:

ShadowRising
09-19-2016, 02:38 AM
am wondering how they plan on balancing pvp and matches lol.

ShadowRising
09-26-2016, 06:18 PM
well was wondering if there is any more word on the big move or anything else for that matter lol

OpticSugar
09-26-2016, 06:20 PM
well was wondering if there is any more word on the big move or anything else for that matter lol

yes, last Friday there was a brief update telling when we can expect to hear more:

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1762-For-the-Devs-any-word-on-the-next-update&p=12446&viewfull=1#post12446

XcarecroW
09-26-2016, 07:40 PM
Yes. And today is the "early next week", i hope they will update us soon. This is getting boring and ridiculous.

ShadowRising
09-26-2016, 07:58 PM
yes, last Friday there was a brief update telling when we can expect to hear more:

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1762-For-the-Devs-any-word-on-the-next-update&p=12446&viewfull=1#post12446

lol yep forgot i read that, thankya, and yep hope we hear soon.

WildBilliam
09-26-2016, 08:15 PM
I was going to ask about the next content lvls to be opened... Hope Brave New World will be part of this, But I'm excited about PVP since Diablo 3 Refuses to put in a REAL arena!