PDA

View Full Version : Evolution Shards Location and other issues.

Gonzo
07-10-2016, 05:45 PM
I've been trying to get Evo Shards for a few days but I can't seem to find any information on where to get them. This lead me to the conclusion that maybe shards are supposed to be "random", and if this is the case it's going to discurage a lot of players from playing the game.

The difficulty spikes pretty quick and it's nearly impossible to continue the game without 4* or 5* characters, doesn't matter if you manage to get your Talismans to lvl 30 (max lvl before you need runes that you can't get because you are not strong enough... see the irony?).

All this being said, at least give us a notion of were to find the required shards to star our characters. I've been a huge Maiden fan since I was super young, I've seen them live almost a dozen times, I REALLY WANT TO SPEND MONEY on this game. But unfortunately I won't until I see some kind of response about this matter. There's no point in spending money to get things you won't be able to use.

Besides this points I really like the game, and I know it's been out just for a couple of weeks so that's why I'm posting this, it has huge room for improvement.

Kulimar
07-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Yeah, you have to farm the hardest level you can do at the moment to get the best stuff at your level. It needs to be clearer for sure.

TYR
07-10-2016, 06:34 PM
You can check possible drops by using that little drop info button Above the battle name. Hard difficulty battlefield or normal underworld can drop 2 star evo runes. Haven't unlocked anything higher to check drop info

Gonzo
07-10-2016, 06:41 PM
Yeah, you have to farm the hardest level you can do at the moment to get the best stuff at your level. It needs to be clearer for sure.

I'm lvl 20 and I complete harder levels using allies, my characters despite being 3* lvl 60 and using good talismans still get destroyed in the 3rd Story Arc. Basically because the game doesn't let me grow.

Unfortunately, and as much as I don't want it, the game gets old really fast. I hope some dev reads this thread and post something. As I said before, it's a great game. And I really want it to be succesful.

You can check possible drops by using that little drop info button Above the battle name. Hard difficulty battlefield or normal underworld can drop 2 star evo runes. Haven't unlocked anything higher to check drop info

That doesn't help when you need specific shards. If that shard in the possible drops means that you can get ANY shard then the RNG involved in this game is too high to consider it a reward.

And most importantly, how do I get to Hard Battlefield or Underworld if I can't 4* my characters? See the irony? You need 2* evo shards to get to Hard Battlefield but in order to get there you need strong characters that need 2* evo shards. As of now, the game is not hard, it's impossible unless you have strong allies. Or enough luck to pull a 5* using probably a lot of money.

Edit: Quotes

Vaseodin
07-10-2016, 08:43 PM
Hopefully they add a VS. Mode soon or other game modes. I can see how it can become old quick, but so far I'm really enjoying the game. Just adding more characters won't keep people interested once they have done the story all the way through. New game modes are the key to enhancing the longevity of this game. As for as shards are concerned, I am having trouble finding them but I appreciate that it's a challenge. If it's too easy to upgrade characters the game would get older much more quickly. I agree it's too difficult to get shards now, but maybe implementing a once a day mission or allowing Trooper points or ironite to be used for shards (like with skill shards) once a week would really help and keep things balanced. There definitely has to be a balance.

Kulimar
07-10-2016, 10:12 PM
Yeah PvP, can't wait! Should be pretty soon.

Gonzo, if you are in Battlefield, it might be best to farm Kingdom of the Sands Hard or Ailing Kingdom Maddness. I think those will give you good drops at that point, because they are about equal in drops and perhaps a bit easier to do.

garbanzobean
07-10-2016, 10:29 PM
Agree with the above post...it isn't very easy to get evo shards, let alone the right coloured ones. I got most of my 2* evo shards in Kingdom of the Sands (hard), but it took some time to find them. In an earlier version of the game, I found the Nomad and Mortal Lust levels had the greatest chance of having an evo shards but it doesn't seem to be the case with the latest update.

Kulimar
07-10-2016, 10:32 PM
I also find the money and XP go up after the mid boss of each world. Perhaps the drop rates do as well?

Gonzo
07-10-2016, 10:45 PM
Thx for the tips guys. I really apreciate it.

Right now I'm about to finish Ailing Kingdom on madness so at least I'll have another secret location to farm.

Kulimar
07-10-2016, 10:56 PM
Last tip!

Find good Troopers to add. They can carry you really far :p

Gonzo
07-10-2016, 11:03 PM
Oh... I know. They are carrying me already LOL. I'd try to get more powerfull allies, but with a 3* SoL Eddie it's not so easy to get them :P

Kaijester
07-10-2016, 11:59 PM
I took two weeks to get 3 2stars red evo shards for main Eddie...with that kind of drop rate, I get to explore other characters and upgraded wickerman & soldier eddie instead.

Orc71
07-11-2016, 12:27 AM
Yeah high level Troopers can make a huge difference. One of mine has a 5* Child of the Damned and it's passive skill is it gains an extra turn with each kill. It hits really hard and usually one shots so I can mow through multiple waves. Really comes in handy when I'm stuck on a level and especially for bosses.

Stormseye
07-11-2016, 08:50 PM
I always liked the idea of trade up to buy ability. Say you need a sentinal *2 evo shard. You can use 10 *1 and some gold or Ironite to upgrade to a *2. Or you can use two Warrior *2 to get one *2 Magus. Either way it will help the character development while still making use of the micro transactions for regular store items.

Guilherme Bevilaqua
07-21-2016, 06:32 PM
Hi guys!

I'm having some trouble farming those evo itens too, i've become rich (in terms of gold) playing the secret locations everyday to farm the rare evolution shards and runes, but still couldn't get enough... My strongest char is an Angel of Pain 4*, so I totally depend on my strong troopers to advance on the hardest levels (I just unlocked the Underworld, so now I'm getting pretty stuck!).

If you've got a tip on which location is easier to drop these itens, I'll love you to death:
- 1 Star Evolution Runes?
- 2 Stars Evolution Runes?
- 1 Star Evolution Shards (any colour)?
- 2 Stars Evolution Shards (any colour)?

By the way, my in-game nickname is Bevi-2662, send me a request!! ;]

Thanks in advance!

Trystangst
07-21-2016, 10:18 PM
I'm swimming in evo runes and 1* shards.

Was just able to 4* Soldier Eddie and have 4* my Allied Soldier.

Have gotten something like 13 2* white, 4 2* purple, 4 2* blue, 2 2* green, 3 2* yellow and even a 3* purple shard from clearing Kingdom of the Sands, The Apparitions, Madness difficulty.

It's not really that hard, since it's just 4* level 1 baddies.

Vaseodin
07-22-2016, 02:15 AM
Lol. Wait until you need 3 star shards....

Also, the "swimming in gold" had me laughing. Trust me, Once you evolve some talismans to 5 star and a character to 5 stars, your gold will go down the drain faster than you can say "swimming".

Guilherme Bevilaqua
07-22-2016, 12:14 PM
Hey, I farmed yesterday according to the Drop List button on each World, and sucessfully got some of the runes I needed. So yes, you can trust on that god damn list, but the drop chances are still unknown, I guess the harder is the stage, the better is the loot (I farmed Powerslave on Hard, and got some stuff I was in need).

Thank you, who mentioned the Drop List!!

Clivey
09-05-2016, 02:00 PM
I'm trying to get 4* to 5* but evo shards needed are rare as f. Anyone help?

Dutch
09-05-2016, 02:17 PM
theyre in the dungeon, youll just have to keep grinding for them

hadesdrunk
05-03-2017, 06:18 AM
I'm trying to get 4* to 5* but evo shards needed are rare as f. Anyone help?
if u need evo shards 3* i found in battlefield madness first quest last room- Silent Cries after 3 replaying