PDA

View Full Version : Talismans with no HP boost

The Educated fool
09-17-2016, 11:29 PM
I'm just wondering what the consensus is on talismans that don't offer HP boosts at all (the Skilled, Sorcery and Onslaught talisman varieties of this world).

What do you think: do these talismans represent anything other than traps for new players who haven't figured the whole talisman mechanic out yet? Is there any good reason to ever evolve a set of these? Could there conceivably be any advantage to them that anyone can see that would make them worth the sacrifice of an HP boost? I'm honestly curious...

Kaijester
09-18-2016, 12:37 AM
IMO nope.

The Educated fool
09-18-2016, 12:56 AM
lol!--Love it! :cool:

It can't really be that these talismans are meant to be a newbie trap though, can it? I mean... they must have programmed these talismans for SOME other reason, right? Surely?

Is there some benefit to Attack/Defense/Magic Resistance, Magic/Defense/Magic Resistance, or Defense/Magic Resistance/Special that could conceivably combine to allow for a unique advantage? Devs, please feel free to weigh in here...

Eagleknight
09-18-2016, 01:19 AM
It depends on build. Many eddies can res toons so it's not a big deal is one dies so technically I could build a toon that is strictly dps (I'm thinking pvp mainly) that could benefit from non hp tailismans. If a toons damage is based on def I could build a toon that hits like a truck. I would prolly still use 2 overwhelming tailismans to make sure it's not a one hit wonder. I think it would depend on what the toons Hits are based on. Will have to really look at it when pvp opens.

The Educated fool
09-18-2016, 01:29 AM
Interesting. Thanks for the perspective, Eagleknight! I hadn't considered a one-hit wonder angle... and if that one hit was all you needed, it has to be possible, at least conceivably, that there is or will be a character in the game worth the leveling of these talismans. I had considered the damage scaling on Defense angle, but not the possibility of putting all eggs in one basket. It would have to be one hell of a character though!

aur0ra85
09-18-2016, 01:49 AM
Unfortunately due to the sheer amount of damage end game bad guys produce, and the fact that it's more often than not true damage (which ignores MR and Def), which completely negates these talismans. In short, they are not meta talismans at this time, and for the foreseeable future, they will never be worth keeping and upgrading unless the game mechanics change considerably. HP, attack, magic, and special are king.

Nekroliun
09-18-2016, 05:39 AM
Good thing all of my red talismans are skilled...

Ddrak
09-27-2016, 10:48 AM
HP stat is more important than DEF/MR imo.
Because HPs "work" agaist true, magic and physical damage, while DEF works against physical only and MR works only against magical.
If making different sets of talismans (for every toon) was easy, it could be useful to have a set vs. any kind of damage, but since evolving talismans is quite expensive i find more convenient to have a "one-size-fits-all" set ;)

MuadDib-7367
09-27-2016, 03:48 PM
These talisman would be playable if they had the damage/protection boost available (i.e. attack higher than fierce, magic higher than power, etc.). Imagine if skilled attack at lvl 50 was 1000+; you would have an actual decision to make on whether to forego the health bump that fierce provides for the extra bang. I have to think the new devs will eventually get around to fixing this. For now, I jettison these talisman.

aur0ra85
09-27-2016, 03:52 PM
For me I'll still take the HP boost, the glass cannon strategy just does not seem to work in this game at high level due to bosses like that purple lord of Light doing 20k AOE damage on each character. If you don't kill him on the first hit -> you won't get a second hit in.