PDA

View Full Version : The Red Bat

aur0ra85
09-19-2016, 01:56 AM
So, I finally got enough shards to upgrade my bat to 5 stars. I was using him as a 4 star character in all game modes/maps without too many issues prior to this. The character is fantastic. Kind of took me a while to figure out the best way of using him in my team, and took a long time to figure out the talisman sets and build them up.
Here is the end result:
https://s12.postimg.org/cxvwh143h/image.png (https://postimg.org/image/9r1cxejnd/)

https://s12.postimg.org/krwi2fbwd/image.png (https://postimg.org/image/68pd10ird/)

The thought process behind the talisman build:
I do plenty of damage with samurai and soldier Eddie already, so I wanted added value Passives and skill effects for the character.

Two mandatory red spots: since this character does not directly scale the attack stat, I wanted more value from the red slots so I went with the fire fierce versions. I'm sure a skilled talisman would have been better instead of the Fierce, but the talismans would have been restricted to this character alone and too inflexible for me. I didn't have any skilled fire talismans either, and WAS NOT interested in farming them. When the skill triggers it sets fire to the enemy with basic attack only for two turns on each hit; which works out to about 4K-8k in damage. Seems to not trigger the advertised 35%. This was a solid value talisman for this character.
The mandatory yellow spot: I had thief talismans hanging around and kind of wanted an excuse to get them to level 50. The red bat scales special with its power attack, so I receive added value for dedicating 3 talismans of the yellow variety. These thief talismans are not matched, 2 of them increase attack, and 1 increases magic, but since this character does true damage, it didn't matter (more on this later).

The leftover talisman: obvious choice here was increasing HP so health overwhelming was a no brainer.

How the build synergizes and how to play it:
Okay, here is where it gets interesting.... The trick is to have your third character do AOE damage and have it attack first, followed by the bat (you're looking for a perfect hit to trigger the fury generating skill), then follow up with soldier Eddie last with either his fury, or his bullet trace skill to kill an enemy. This first round should kick in the red bats passive of first blood which then allows the entire party to have another set of turns. The trick to perpetuate this cycle is to keep using the bats attack, even if there are a bunch left in the mob with a sliver of health, you want the thief skill to trigger again, and again, and again. With some practice you can get soldier Eddies fury to trigger almost every turn, sometimes twice a turn in manual mode. In auto, it triggers about every two or three turns. The red bat has a nice special stat with this build, so even if you can't trigger the thief skill, the fury meter fills fast anyway.
Now before anyone has a freak out about this character and talisman setup being broken OP; please note, this is a farming strategy, not a boss strategy, and if you run into trolls (or anything with a shield), and you try soldier eddies fury on a first hit, you're likely to do 20k+ damage to yourself, and blow your whole team back to stage 1 of the time rift.

I've put the bat up has my champion for all my troopers to try. It's an incredibly fun build/toon, and took me weeks to get it all maxed out. Enjoy. :)

And if it gets nerfed next update. I'm quitting lol.

Edit: forgot to mention, it's basic attack stuns, generates fury, sets things on fire, and it's passive triggers another set of turns for your whole party.

Vaseodin
09-19-2016, 02:35 AM
Pretty cool. How did you come up with this build ? This is what I love about this game, lots of options for each character!

Nekroliun
09-19-2016, 03:12 AM
I got all the angels... Except the red one... Why? Cuz hes the best one, why would the game gimme the guy if hes good?

But damn 2 furies in one turn seems kinda absurd.

aur0ra85
09-19-2016, 03:23 AM
It's fun lol.
And it gets pretty dramatic when you fight a boss. I almost always end up switching out my soldier Eddie for either samurai or Carriage rider due to soldier Eddie taking too much damage by about the second round as I'm not bringing a character with a shield. (Blue allied God soldier, even tho I have a maxed one). I'm going to probably build up the red troll next as a tank, or the Wicker dog king for a glass cannon/debuff.

Hypnos
09-19-2016, 05:47 AM
great find aurora!

XcarecroW
09-19-2016, 09:30 AM
So is it worth to make him with 3 yellows instead of 3 health overwhelming? Because his basic attack scales damage as higher the hp. Have you tested it?

BillLion
09-19-2016, 11:39 AM
Super helpful writeup, aur0ra! Make me want him.

I got all the angels... Except the red one...

Same here! The green one was actually my 1st 4* way back when.

Aristo4
09-19-2016, 11:49 AM
I sold around 3...don't like toons that fly :o

aur0ra85
09-19-2016, 12:06 PM
I bet a matched set of energy talismans of the overwhelming type would go great here. I have tried a couple bats with green builds and they hit about twice as hard as my bat. I don't feel my party needs more damage tho at this time, and I've found 27k HP to be sufficient.

Arcturus
09-22-2016, 04:33 PM
I sold around 3...don't like toons that fly :o

Took me a while to realize I had to keep him on the left side of the screen so he didn't block the enemies' health bars.

And great job, OP. Very interesting stuff. I was just debating whether to take him to 5* or look for another warrior, but maybe I'll give it a try.

aur0ra85
10-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Update: I've since acquired a full set of overwhelming energy talismans for this character.
I personally feel like the thief set of talismans on this character is far superior to the energy overwhelming. The energy set is fantastic in its own right, but the thief set allows me to use my fury more often ->which equals more damage and negative effects on enemies/positive effects on allies. Not saying that the energy set is subpar (I feel it's by far the best set of green talismans in the game), but the thief set does not nerf the damage output of the bat by a noticeable amount in comparison, the bat has enough tank with the thief set, and fury is a much more powerful skill to use compared to a power attack.
I feel like there are better characters to use your thief set on, but I currently do not possess a better character to use the set with.

The flaming/fire talismans are absolute dynamite on this character, and I'd like several more matched pairs for other characters. (Characters with multiple hit basic attacks. Red golden son anyone?)

Aristo4
10-06-2016, 10:07 PM
The flaming/fire talismans are absolute dynamite on this character, and I'd like several more matched pairs for other characters. (Characters with multiple hit basic attacks. Red golden son anyone?)

Got a red golden son, 5*, and with 2 burning +4 strength, he is THE DAMAGE himself.