PDA

View Full Version : Server disconnect after completing a battle - known issue, we're working on it

Mistikman-3331
07-11-2016, 06:37 AM
I don't know what the deal is, but starting tonight, I have been getting the message that I lost connection to the server about 20-30% of the time that I finish a battle. I have had either a strong cell signal or been connected to my own wifi with all other devices having 0 problems with the internet.

When this happens, I don't get trooper points (but the trooper I selected is used up for the day) I don't get experience, money, or rewards (but the sands of time are used up)

Are the servers for the game getting overloaded tonight? It's beyond annoying that I have wasted a whole lot of sands of time, actual time, and drastically cut my trooper point gains for the day because I cannot maintain a proper connection to the Legacy of the Beast servers. If this kind of thing keeps happening, it will make me really reconsider whether I want to continue playing this game.

Lost Soul
07-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Was having the same issue all day yesterday also. even this morning had it lock up twice before work and now twice while at work.

garbanzobean
07-11-2016, 03:29 PM
I had that issue too, I was losing connection about 40% of the time. I lost several trooper points and sands of time. Very frustrating.

Vaseodin
07-11-2016, 04:16 PM
It happened once to me and I realized it was my fault. I walked away from a wifi area and my phone switched to 4g, causing the loss in connection. I was in the middle of a major battle, too. The good news is I was able to go back and do the battle again (I didn't lose the use of that Trooper's champion for the day and was able to use them again for that mission), and got back my sands of time that I had used before the crash.

ir0nfist
07-11-2016, 10:44 PM
Have the same issue. Seems to happen more frequently if you replay an area you have played somewhat recently or maybe that's coincidence. Quite bothersome especially if you have brought a trooper with you. It gets marked as used but you get no credit for having used it. Dunno if the other person does. No xp or loot either and it eats your sands of time. Been happening frequently for the past 2 days for me.

EDIT - I put in a ticket about this yesterday. A response with a solution --

Thank you for contacting us.

This is a bug our team is working on - it happens whenever you're to receive items that you already have a stack of 99 of. This is typically runes.

Until this is fixed, I recommend using or selling any items that you have more than 99 of. 99 is the max stack, so you would have a second stack with the remainder. It's best to use the small stack first, then use the 99 stack.

Thanks Candice for the helpful reply.

Lamia
07-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone,

Please post here if Candice's solution for using up items you have more than 99 of does not work for you and I can let the game team know it's a persisting issue or perhaps a different issue. Thanks.

Mistikman-3331
07-12-2016, 08:12 PM
Honestly, without having changed my playstyle or actively managing any items, I had very few disconnects after the initial post. It seems like it was something that was just hitting on 7-10, but since hasn't been a significant issue. I am not convinced the disconnects I was seeing was related to stacks of 99 items.

Either way, I haven't been having more than the occasional disconnect (1-3% of fights) since that day.

LotusBlade-4355
07-13-2016, 05:09 AM
Got disconected for the first time today, when doing secret locations. I got no rewards at all and i have to wait another 24 hours to replay it? This is simply unacceptable. There was disconections in Spare Run Galaxy, but even if you did dced after a battle, you still were getting all the rewards upon returning to that stage.

Mistikman-3331
07-13-2016, 06:09 AM
Yeah, I kinda backtrack a bit on my most recent statement, I was getting a decent number of disconnects today. Having the game set up so you always pay the price of admission, but in a disconnect never get the reward is a horrible way to set things up. It means if a disconnect happens, the player just gets screwed over, especially if the disconnect is related to either a bug in the software or maybe a server issue on the game's side.

I am lucky that I never got a disconnect on a secret location, but with the unpredictable nature of the disconnects, it can very easily happen to me.

EDIT: I also really don't feel like the disconnects are specifically the 99 item stack problem, because that would lead to a whole lot more consistency in disconnects, and it feels incredibly random. I also have had some items where I had more than 2 stacks of 99 on days where I had virtually no disconnects. This feels like it's related to something else, but damned if I can pinpoint what it is.

Jaylo
07-13-2016, 03:59 PM
Well i don't have any stack on or near 99 & i'm having frequent disconnects at the end of battles today.
Also Battlefield & Kindom of the Sands hard modes are both now locked even though KotS madness & Underworld normal are unlocked.

This game has promise but currently is a bare bones, bug ridden mess.