PDA

View Full Version : End game farming

Schadenfreud-0217
09-20-2016, 12:10 PM
Hey I've reached the end game about a month ago and now I have basically everything on farm, but there's some things (mostly talismans) I haven't figured out how/where to farm.
I've read through a lot of forum threads and haven't found anything about what concerns me, so I thought I'd share some of my experience and thoughts.

Keep in mind that these spots have been chosen mostly based on usefulness of the items dropped, Sands of Time cost and real-time required to farm on auto.
Gold is not a factor as I like most of the end-game players am sitting on a few million and have nothing to do with it.

Here's a bit of info on what and where I farm and have had the most success:

3* Rainbow Evolution Runes - Underworld (Madness), Road to Ruin/Snake Eyes. The chance is about 10%. I've tried farming Game of Death and Number of the Beast, but the only change is the time needed to complete the mission.
3* Rainbow Evolution Shards - Rift Dungeons (VII-X), whichever you feel most comfortable with. I haven't got statistics on whether or not the chance is different, but I guarantee they drop on these difficulties.
Rare Souls - Rift Dungeons (IX-X), not sure about the drop rate on lower levels but I've gotten a few drops on IX an X (can't give you a percentage).

Void Talisman - Underworld (Madness) doesn't matter which level.
Thief Talisman - Haven't gotten a single drop of this in about 80 runs of Powerslave (Madness). Anyone got a good spot to farm this?
Burning Talisman - Haven't gotten a single drop of this after I finished the storyline. Anyone got a good spot to farm this?
Piercing Talisman - Rare, but drops on the Battlefield. I usually farm Point of no Return or A Matter of Life and Death.
Shock Talisman - Haven't gotten a single drop of this after I finished the storyline. Anyone got a good spot to farm this?
Vampire Talisman - Got only 3 ONCE from the secret mission on Underworld (don't remember which difficulty). Anyone got a good spot to farm this?

These are basically all of the *rare* drops that concern me. Does anyone know a good farming spot for those I haven't been able to figure out?

Aristo4
09-20-2016, 12:22 PM
Thief, had none ever.
Burning, had only 1 after clearing the storyline back then, and got another 1 last week farming the whole wickerman map on hard, cant tell which level.
Piercing, got 2 of them also last week farming exclusively fighting spirits (mad) on battlefield
Shock, just got 2, god knows where from,was back then.
Void and vampire, got a 3 set of each also, just sitting on my inventory, never touched them...should I? (got not one single assassin character)

metallikapo
09-20-2016, 09:27 PM
Thief Talisman... I find three of them after clearing a secret location, and one more, farming .... I'm not sure, but guess it was in battlefield in Madness.
Burning Talisman.. I have two of them, probably find' em in the first world in hard or madness, because they were some of the firsts I had.
Shock Talismans, I've been selling them because I have 6 or more, of the arcane type. Can't tell where to find' em, but guess in the first 2 worlds (Probably Kingdom of the sands).
Vampire ones came to me in a secret location, in normal or hard difficulty in Underworld.
Void talismans are a not-so-rare drop in Underworld.
Never find any piercing talisman.
There are some other hard-to-find talismans:
Thorn Talismans: I just could find 2 of those.
Energy Talisman: (3 in a secret location, can't remember).
Death Talismans: Where difficult to find, but now I have 5 of them.
Invisibility Talisman: Does them really exists?

Aristo4
09-20-2016, 09:32 PM

Yes they do, got 2 sets, most of them came from fighting spirits/battlefield madness just this week.

aur0ra85
09-20-2016, 10:14 PM
I made an estimate that the drop rate on rare talismans is 1/1500 matches played. A full matched set is around 15000 matches in kingdom of sands (where the good ones drop). Even if I'm wrong by a full factor of 10, it's still absurd. Before the drop nerf, I was having to sell them (burning, shock, energy, and thief), because I had so many. It's a broken mechanic, and it was clearly put there on purpose.
It's okay to be salty (I am). I refuse to spend another dime on this game until something is done. I have a feeling the plan is to simply stuff the rare items in another dungeon with the same old drop rate, in which case I would stop playing entirely.
Sorry, I feel this was quite the underhanded gesture by the game team (whichever one was in place at the time).

And as far as I'm concerned it's been nearly 6 weeks of this nonsense, we have a right to complain openly. We've enabled this to go on as a group by not being vocal enough.

Olevipoeg
09-20-2016, 10:27 PM
Thief Talisman drops Kingdom of the Sands Powerslave Madness level. Got 3 sets from there. It seems the higher the player level ( or maybe characters level ) the lower is chance to get it.

Reeb99
09-20-2016, 10:51 PM
I've scored two piercing talismans on the first quest of battlefield madness today if that helps anyone. Easy to autofarm that one too. Today was the first time I've landed them there, as it is mostly runes and evo runes there. I suspect they can drop anywhere in battlefield madness, as I have another from a different quest there.

I also have a Death set that came from underworld normal, first quest. 3 separate drops, same mission. They don't look like they are worth it though.

Schadenfreud-0217
09-21-2016, 08:21 AM
Thief Talisman... I find three of them after clearing a secret location, and one more, farming .... I'm not sure, but guess it was in battlefield in Madness.
Burning Talisman.. I have two of them, probably find' em in the first world in hard or madness, because they were some of the firsts I had.
Shock Talismans, I've been selling them because I have 6 or more, of the arcane type. Can't tell where to find' em, but guess in the first 2 worlds (Probably Kingdom of the sands).
Vampire ones came to me in a secret location, in normal or hard difficulty in Underworld.
Void talismans are a not-so-rare drop in Underworld.
Never find any piercing talisman.
There are some other hard-to-find talismans:
Thorn Talismans: I just could find 2 of those.
Energy Talisman: (3 in a secret location, can't remember).
Death Talismans: Where difficult to find, but now I have 5 of them.

I have a ton of Invisibility Talismans, I farm basically only Snake Eyes, Underworld (Madness) so I'm guessing either from there or from random drops from Secret Locations.

Schadenfreud-0217
09-21-2016, 09:29 AM
Thief, had none ever.
Burning, had only 1 after clearing the storyline back then, and got another 1 last week farming the whole wickerman map on hard, cant tell which level.
Piercing, got 2 of them also last week farming exclusively fighting spirits (mad) on battlefield
Shock, just got 2, god knows where from,was back then.
Void and vampire, got a 3 set of each also, just sitting on my inventory, never touched them...should I? (got not one single assassin character)

The mistake most people make is assume that red talismans are for warriors, blue for mages etc. They're not. You should choose the talismans according to the character's skills and what they scale from.
For example I'm using 3 assassin talismans (Void) on my Nomad, because he deals TRUE and RANDOM damage with his attack and ability and therefore scales with both Attack and Magic. The only constraint you have is the 3 coloured slots which you have to keep in mind when choosing how to build your character.

Also - Void talisman proc is a reflect shield (like Allied Soldier Magus') that lasts 1 turn and it procs quite often. Vampire talisman is basically only fit for characters who deal both Attack and Magic (NOT TRUE) damage, because it gives lifesteal. The only character I've seen fit to ware this at this point is the Mummy Dog, whose basic attack deals both atk and magic.

Kaijester
09-21-2016, 09:57 AM
Lifesteal only works on physical attack. Spell Vamp is the magic attack version of lifesteal, that works only with magic attack.

Coletrain
09-21-2016, 12:17 PM
I made an estimate that the drop rate on rare talismans is 1/1500 matches played. A full matched set is around 15000 matches in kingdom of sands (where the good ones drop). Even if I'm wrong by a full factor of 10, it's still absurd. Before the drop nerf, I was having to sell them (burning, shock, energy, and thief), because I had so many. It's a broken mechanic, and it was clearly put there on purpose.
It's okay to be salty (I am). I refuse to spend another dime on this game until something is done. I have a feeling the plan is to simply stuff the rare items in another dungeon with the same old drop rate, in which case I would stop playing entirely.
Sorry, I feel this was quite the underhanded gesture by the game team (whichever one was in place at the time).

And as far as I'm concerned it's been nearly 6 weeks of this nonsense, we have a right to complain openly. We've enabled this to go on as a group by not being vocal enough.

Reading the description for "Brave New World" makes it seem like you are on the right track. I've got a few each of all these talismans kicking around, but they all came to me weeks ago. Hopefully the new dev team has some better ideas on how to improve this aspect of the game.

BillLion
09-21-2016, 12:19 PM
I've scored two piercing talismans on the first quest of battlefield madness today if that helps anyone. Easy to autofarm that one too. Today was the first time I've landed them there, as it is mostly runes and evo runes there. I suspect they can drop anywhere in battlefield madness, as I have another from a different quest there.

I also have a Death set that came from underworld normal, first quest. 3 separate drops, same mission. They don't look like they are worth it though.

Thanks for the heads up. Glad you're still enjoying the game!

aur0ra85
09-21-2016, 01:52 PM
The mistake most people make is assume that red talismans are for warriors, blue for mages etc. They're not. You should choose the talismans according to the character's skills and what they scale from.
For example I'm using 3 assassin talismans (Void) on my Nomad, because he deals TRUE and RANDOM damage with his attack and ability and therefore scales with both Attack and Magic. The only constraint you have is the 3 coloured slots which you have to keep in mind when choosing how to build your character.
Also - Void talisman proc is a reflect shield (like Allied Soldier Magus') that lasts 1 turn and it procs quite often. Vampire talisman is basically only fit for characters who deal both Attack and Magic (NOT TRUE) damage, because it gives lifesteal. The only character I've seen fit to ware this at this point is the Mummy Dog, whose basic attack deals both atk and magic.
I'll throw a bone to the forum here in this thread. True damage scales attack and magic yes, but the modifier is a sum of in terms of formula.
For example here's my red pyro soldier:
(attack + magic)(0.49) =damage produced per character per hit on a perfect attack.

With numbers (assassin set):
795+ 230 +(342*6) + (230* 0.15) + (795* 0.15) + 163 + 163 + 696 = 4252 * (0.49) = 2083 damage per hit
Base attk. Base def. ass mod. Ass mod. Hlth Over. Red Fierce

I'll Simply post the stats of guardian fierce:
230 + 795 + 3294 =4319 combined stats *(0.49) = 2116 damage on a perfect hit.
As you can see, the guardian fierce gives very slightly better results. One interesting point here is my character has two green slots, and one red slot, so I'm left with three blanks where I would be required to put purple talismans if I chose to use them, in short, I miss out on a bonus modifier because I'd have one odd red talisman without a matched pair.
The final verdict: I'm expecting most true damage characters to gain a slight advantage for damage with strength fierce Talsimans. In addition, strength fierce Talismans have 590HP more per talisman, which gives a huge benefit over a purple set. I do expect variation as to which talisman is better on certain characters, and this will almost always be governed by the colored slots which require you to carry certain colored sets.
I'm sure some of you math nerds with the formula now will immediately test out the damage and come up with a modifier for your particular character. My pyro soldier modifier is 0.49 and I expect to see certain characters with MUCH high modifiers i.e. The nomad.
At the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with putting a maxed purple set on a character, especially if you want to gain a skill ability like the void shield, you aren't giving up a lot of damage. You are however giving up a fairly significant HP bonus.

zamasu
09-21-2016, 02:38 PM
I'll throw a bone to the forum here in this thread. True damage scales attack and magic yes, but the modifier is a sum of in terms of formula.
(attack + magic)(0.49) =damage produced per character per hit on a perfect attack.

795+ 230 +(342*6) + (230* 0.15) + (795* 0.15) + 163 + 163 + 696 = 4252 * (0.49) = 2083 damage per hit

I'll brb. Post reserved.

Ohhh ... I see where you going with this. Never thought about it before, gotta test it out.

Vaseodin
09-21-2016, 06:06 PM

... and the possessed mine. And a few others. Vampire is not useless by any means.

Reeb99
09-21-2016, 08:21 PM
I also have 3 invisibility talismans now, one of which just dropped from the first quest of battlefield madness.

slauki
09-21-2016, 09:46 PM

I'll Simply post the stats of guardian fierce:
230 + 795 + 3294 =4319 combined stats *(0.49) = 2116 damage on a perfect hit.
As you can see, the guardian fierce gives very slightly better results. One interesting point here is my character has two green slots, and one red slot, so I'm left with three blanks where I would be required to put purple talismans if I chose to use them, in short, I miss out on a bonus modifier because I'd have one odd red talisman without a matched pair.
The final verdict: I'm expecting most true damage characters to gain a slight advantage for damage with strength fierce Talsimans. In addition, strength fierce Talismans have 590HP more per talisman, which gives a huge benefit over a purple set. I do expect variation as to which talisman is better on certain characters, and this will almost always be governed by the colored slots which require you to carry certain colored sets.
I'm sure some of you math nerds with the formula now will immediately test out the damage and come up with a modifier for your particular character. My pyro soldier modifier is 0.49 and I expect to see certain characters with MUCH high modifiers i.e. The nomad.
At the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with putting a maxed purple set on a character, especially if you want to gain a skill ability like the void shield, you aren't giving up a lot of damage. You are however giving up a fairly significant HP bonus.

i really like your comment...the game and some players are getting more professional with every day. unfortunatly it's not very complex, so there isn't too much left to discover. the game breaks down in pretty simple math, but that's very common.

Nekroliun
10-03-2016, 01:11 PM
Dude you dunno how stressed i was when i heard that the nomad actually needed magic... Thank god i used strength fierces on him...

Also SINCE WHEN DID THE NOMAD DEAL TRUE AND RANDOM DAAMAGE?!? Ive used the guy for 2 months now and i didnt know that...