PDA

View Full Version : Desert Marauder (Gunner)

MetalWarrior
09-20-2016, 02:45 PM
Anyone playing that character or maxed this!
If we've already discussed this character in another thread, please refer me to that,i couldn't find it.

I've been using this,specifically i liked the 'Marksman' (passive) of this character.

Don't know if any other character has that same passive !
Quite helpful as supporting ally,when you have other players triggers skill on perfect hit,(stun/freeze)
makes auto farm much easier & objective with perfect hits.

i don't have a good talisman build yet,(at 4* atm)
want to get all your expert opinions about the character.

Skills:

aur0ra85
09-20-2016, 03:07 PM
Sounds epic. Got a screenshot of its talisman page and skills?

Browno
09-20-2016, 03:13 PM
I have it at lvl 80 4* but no talismans on it

MetalWarrior
09-20-2016, 03:27 PM
Sounds epic. Got a screenshot of its talisman page and skills?

skill screenshots added to the first post,and these are my current talisman and stat.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8071/29188779783_817bcfc498.jpg
https://c5.staticflickr.com/9/8468/29701945732_6a90ba1020.jpg

Aristo4
09-20-2016, 06:31 PM
Interesting indeed, never used one.

Fix him strong so we can test him :cool:

aur0ra85
09-20-2016, 06:49 PM
If it's a single hit troop, the flame talisman is probably not one you want, multiple hit characters are better for this talisman. He has a very high special stat base, so I'd probably run the character with soldier Eddie (or any yellow Eddie). You're probably gonna want to find a pair of Strength Fierce for the red spot, and one of the blank spots. Depending on what his max HP turns out be when he's five stars a pair of health overwhelming. And lastly for the yellow ones Id be looking for a matched pair of boost will. If he turns out to have a high HP base when maxed, I'd forget about health overwhelming, and go with 4 yellow Boost Will which would be crazy good. Awesome character. Wish I had one. I would def max this character.

Shifter
09-20-2016, 09:59 PM
that is a very nice passive ability. This is the only one of this class of characters i have seen worth leveling.

MetalWarrior
09-21-2016, 12:30 AM
If it's a single hit troop, the flame talisman is probably not one you want, multiple hit characters are better for this talisman. .

thanks for those great tips,yes! he lend those (burn) talisman from pyro soldier for HP,since pyro is on vacation atm :cool:
Also wanted to experiment that (burn) talisman set, which says"physical burn on 'Perfect' attacks."
and his passive makes everyone to hit 'perfect', for 2 turns on each round of a battle.

Shifter
09-21-2016, 12:35 AM
Which soul did you pull this guy from?

MetalWarrior
09-21-2016, 01:03 AM
Which soul did you pull this guy from?

Most probably i got it from "rare mega pack" 675 ironite, since i got him as *4.

Shifter
09-21-2016, 03:14 AM
Thanks good to know

Schadenfreud-0217
09-21-2016, 09:41 AM
I don't think he's worth powering up. I've had a trooper with this guy maxed with decent talisman build and I'd say he was underwhelming to say the least :/

Schadenfreud-0217
09-21-2016, 09:43 AM
Most probably i got it from "rare mega pack" 675 ironite, since i got him as *4.

He's a gunner, you probably got him from a Rare Gunner/Assassin Soul from the daily rewards or trooper currency bought stuff.

aur0ra85
09-25-2016, 05:12 AM
I don't think he's worth powering up. I've had a trooper with this guy maxed with decent talisman build and I'd say he was underwhelming to say the least :/
Not gonna lie, you've gotta think outside the box to exploit this one ;)

MetalWarrior
09-25-2016, 10:59 AM
Not gonna lie, you've gotta think outside the box to exploit this one ;)

Concur! I've made a team with two magus characters,(carriage rider+child of the damned) shock and freeze talisman on them,and this gunner guy(Desert marauder).
Perfect hit .... no matter what! (specially with emulators,perfect hit was bit difficult)

Now opponents are frozen on almost every turn,they hardly get a chance to attack.
my team is way far from maxed,still they can handle lots of tough stage.

Leo_ID
01-09-2017, 04:06 PM
Liven up old thread about this character...

I think he's a pretty versatile character that fits most of team builds. His perfect hit passive makes him autogrind machine, and his high ATK stat means he's a great single-attacker, and his basic skill has a chance to critically strike (double the damage, probably? Not sure the calculation)

Paired with Angel of Fear and multiple-enemy attacker Eddie, you can beat most wave of enemies in 1 turn.
Paired with anyone with Freeze, Blind, Stun talisman and AoE damage (assuming most of this kind is magus or sentinel characters), you can trigger the effect easily even on autogrind.
Paired with Nomad/Wickerman/Allied General (ATK buff passive), you can get his basic skill damage up to 10-11k (non-crit) to a neutral enemy. Anyone with physical charge will works, too.

Speaking of the damage, here's what I got in LoL dungeon 7th floor. ATK buff from Allied General and Physical Charge from Red Undead Axis Gunner. MASSIVE

Nicko
01-09-2017, 04:14 PM
This guy has been a game changer for me. I've had him not even two weeks and agree with everything you said

Aristo4
01-09-2017, 04:19 PM
I'll try to get it higher tonight, with your marauder :cool:

Nifelheim
01-09-2017, 06:58 PM
I have mine with maxed strength, warp, and rush sets. I think his damage scales higher to atk than special si I'll prob remove one of those yellow pairs. His stat build is perfect for warp and rush talismans but the damage wasn't there. I have a trooper with one with a different build and it hits harder than nomad

Bradata
01-09-2017, 09:52 PM
You are going to love him in your defense team if you play PVP

Fudjo
01-10-2017, 06:45 AM
I agree with Bradata that it could work well for your PVP defense team. Probably also good for auto-farming. Otherwise, you can score perfect hits reasonably consistently without the passive ability, so it's not that impressive.

Schadenfreud-0217
01-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Maxed stats:
HP 7000
ATK 1757
DEF 628
MAG 532
MR 628
SP 466

Basic attack scales with SP and ATK so I'd say go with Rush/Warp (Will) talismans on the yellow slots, Strength (Fierce/Safeguard) on the Red and 1 Meta, and the other 2 Meta slots are your choice - either 2 more red, 2 more yellow or some HP - go wild! :)

Also, yes - this guy's a top defender because of this passive.

Sidney
03-22-2017, 09:18 PM
I just pulled him the other day from a rare G/Ass soul... going to level him up and see how he does. I've been looking for a new toy to play with... Anyone fully sharded one yet? Worth the investment? I've been collecting resources for a while so I could have him maxed out in about 15 minutes.

Jofer16
03-22-2017, 09:25 PM
I just pulled him the other day from a rare G/Ass soul... going to level him up and see how he does. I've been looking for a new toy to play with... Anyone fully sharded one yet? Worth the investment? I've been collecting resources for a while so I could have him maxed out in about 15 minutes.

It is if you want a farming toon, and he was way better when multi hits were proc'ing talismans multiple times. I haven't used him since that bug was fixed. He's decent in PvP as mentioned but only against teams that don't disable passives (you won't find many of these at the top). I'd save the skill shards unless you have some extra you don't care about.

RCarter
03-22-2017, 09:49 PM
Ive maxed mine out after being on the fence about investing in him, and dont regret it at all.

I think he is one of the best PVE toons in the game. Pairs up well with just about everything.

In PVP I totally agree with Jofer. Even though he might get his passive shut off, he can still produce crits over 20k with a good talisman build.

Sidney
03-22-2017, 10:28 PM
It is if you want a farming toon, and he was way better when multi hits were proc'ing talismans multiple times. I haven't used him since that bug was fixed. He's decent in PvP as mentioned but only against teams that don't disable passives (you won't find many of these at the top). I'd save the skill shards unless you have some extra you don't care about.

Thanks Jofer!! I've got a pretty solid farming team at the moment, so maybe I was just looking for a reason to get excited about another toon since it's been so long since I pulled something interesting... :D All of my farming team are fully sharded, although I'll admit I need to do some talisman tuning. What I thought was worthy of a 5* investment in the past may work better on a different toon. Suppose the trial and error is part of the fun, but when shards being married until death do you part makes it more of a tough decision... lol

Ive maxed mine out after being on the fence about investing in him, and dont regret it at all.

I think he is one of the best PVE toons in the game. Pairs up well with just about everything.

In PVP I totally agree with Jofer. Even though he might get his passive shut off, he can still produce crits over 20k with a good talisman build.

Thanks RCarter!! I'll have to do some serious consideration... I've got 6 or 7 Skill shards in inventory at the moment and about 50k+ trooper badges so I have skill shards to play with, but determining who is worthy is always the hardest part... :D Maybe I'll do some more reading. After investing all I needed to in order to get my GRE and CR Eddie fully sharded I tend to hoard the shards. So happy I did it to both Eddies, but with the amount of time it takes to get to that point I suppose I don't mind holding onto the shards. Decisions... Decisions...

Nicko
03-23-2017, 12:39 AM
I recently sharded mine. I still get attacked by plenty of non-Prisoner teams, and with BNW around the corner thought he may help some of the new talismans proc

Not to mention 1/4 chance to do crazy damage even if his passive is disabled

Sidney
03-23-2017, 02:55 AM
I recently sharded mine. I still get attacked by plenty of non-Prisoner teams, and with BNW around the corner thought he may help some of the new talismans proc

Not to mention 1/4 chance to do crazy damage even if his passive is disabled

I may make the plunge... haven't decided yet... but as the saying goes... It's better to regret something that you've done, than to regret something you haven't done. Although I don't think this game was around when that phrase was coined... :D Thanks Nicko!!!

Lulero
07-08-2017, 09:36 PM
Got him this week and sharded almost instantly.

After many tries in the arena (defense only), found a setup that tops my previous one. Sharded SSD in the process, too, but ended not including that one.

Cyborg, Desert Marauder, Nomad and warrior Pyro.

I go with invisibility/explosive talismans sets. I tried with shield, boost and power but wasn't as successful.

I'm not using his synergies as much as I could with my current setup, but have SSD, AoF, GRE, GCR, Wrath maxed and geared among others and they don't perform as well with him.

Got 20+ skill shards, waiting on clairvoyant to go Aces High (would also be sharded then), Nomad, Marauder and Clairvoyant just for style. And could perform decently as well.

Ip4
12-10-2017, 02:00 PM
what can be best yellow talismans for this character?

Mercifal
12-11-2017, 12:29 AM
what can be best yellow talismans for this character?

I'd say 4 boost Tali and 2 strengh, but I also have seen people going for a set of explosive and invisibility.

Stormseye
02-15-2018, 04:50 PM
Faced this guy once in PVP and his opening shot was crit well over 10k. Chance Talis set would be my go to. Assassin Pyro Solder also has this passive. His talisman setup slots are a bit weird though 2 Green/1 Blue/3 Open

blade685
02-15-2018, 06:28 PM
Faced this guy once in PVP and his opening shot was crit well over 10k. Chance Talis set would be my go to. Assassin Pyro Solder also has this passive. His talisman setup slots are a bit weird though 2 Green/1 Blue/3 Open

yes he have same passive but i don't like him and never use him, he need a refund :)

MetalKing
02-26-2018, 07:50 PM
I think he might be interesting with purge talismans and thorns