PDA

View Full Version : My trooper being used - game crashes EVERYTIME

Painkiller
09-21-2016, 07:27 AM
I have almost 2 months of playing this game. Everyday, whenever someone uses my trooper (either its Eddie or Allied Gunner or anything...) game crashes.
There are no specific times when application resets completely, it happens everywhere, either looking on my team, troopers, starting the level, in the middle of level or as it happened now, Underworld - Hard - Number of the Beast - stage 3/5 ...
Now imagine this going for almost 60 days, everyday loosing credits, shards, talismans, experience...

After I enter back in the game, I always receive the message "Player xyz used your trooper, here's xyz trooper badges".

I've uninstalled the game, restart the phone but nothing changed.

Playing on iOS 9.3 , iPhone 6.

MetalWarrior
09-21-2016, 07:52 AM
that sounds absurd! but for the sake of troubleshooting,delete all troopers from your list and check for few days if still your game crashes or not. (write down all your trooper's name if you want to re add them later)

Painkiller
09-21-2016, 08:08 AM
It happened right now. Entered 1st stage of Underworld Madness and game closed. Now I have the message "Your champion earned 25 badges...." user freaky-4282 used my trooper :)
I have 50 troopers and I use all of them on daily basis, don't think its a good ideea to delete all the troopers :) ...It will make me loose aprox. 1000 badges :) ..will wait and see if there is workarround.

A thread almost with the same problems as mine
http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1128-Crash-on-starting-a-lvl

They quoted that Blue Allied Soldier (reflect skill) should not be used 1st ...ok, will give a try.

MetalWarrior
09-21-2016, 08:24 AM
It happened right now. Entered 1st stage of Underworld Madness and game closed. Now I have the message "Your champion earned 25 badges...." user freaky-4282 used my trooper :)
I have 50 troopers and I use all of them on daily basis, don't think its a good ideea to delete all the troopers :) ...It will make me loose aprox. 1000 badges :)

have you tried the game on different device! what you are suggesting is very unique,technically it make no sense,only explanation of this could be a co-incidence.
plus,if you get that much badges,your game probably crashing atleast 30-40 times a day,that'd be very annoying.
btw,i like your id,i have that id in other games :p

XcarecroW
09-21-2016, 09:10 AM
that sounds absurd! but for the sake of troubleshooting,delete all troopers from your list and check for few days if still your game crashes or not. (write down all your trooper's name if you want to re add them later)
Metalwarrior stop answering if you are not sure about the answer. I have seen many of your answers in diferent posts and are wrong, so stop increasing the number of your posts confusing people. That bug exists, happens to me and to other people. Not always happen to me because the majority of my troopers use mine when i am sleeping but it is a bug that indeed happens. If dont happen to you, good for you.

Painkiller
09-21-2016, 09:50 AM
It's ok guys,
MetalWarrior, unfortunately, I can not use some of your adviced, it will do me more harm than helping me :) ..games crashes like 10 times a day. LOL, nope, it is not coincidence, imagine 50 days of playing, 10 times a day ...not possible to be coincidence :) Maybe will try on Adroid, got myself a tablet :)
XcarecroW , thanks for support, I've posted this in Bugs thread since I didn't see any type of this bugs reported and stickied on the 1st post. Oh well, I hope they will fix it somehow :)

MetalWarrior
09-21-2016, 10:11 AM
Metalwarrior stop answering if you are not sure about the answer. I have seen many of your answers in diferent posts and are wrong, so stop increasing the number of your posts confusing people. That bug exists, happens to me and to other people. Not always happen to me because the majority of my troopers use mine when i am sleeping but it is a bug that indeed happens. If dont happen to you, good for you.

first for all, i wasn't answering any question in a way that implied i knew the solution of that exact problem,i was responding to a inquiry with a probability and improbability, that's the process of troubleshoot,i gave him a mere idea to investigate by eliminating potential causes.

I'm not claiming to spread God's word, :p i have no idea what are you referring to by "wrong" !

and i have no idea also, how you are expecting someone to be 'sure' when suggesting a troubleshooting step! then it won't be troubleshooting even by definition.

if i suggest a troubleshooting step and that doesn't resolve the issue,definitely that's not the end of the road,this a official forum and everyone knows where to email for support.
btw,it is quite easy to check by going into the my profile of this forum, when i joined, which time and date i posted what,definitely you haven't noticed my first post was about crashing.
since i was frustrated about the crashing and i had to find my own solution,i understand the feeling of others and i try to help.
if you are writing these to me out of frustration,that in the official forum of a commercially successful game you are not even getting a suggestion from a official support team,then i understand you completely.

otherwise,just ignore me by going into my profile,you won't see any of my post in this forum.

Frost
09-21-2016, 01:07 PM
I also noticed whenever my game crashes (most of times when the new dungeon is availabe) I was using my champion and someone else must have been using him at the same time, because after I log back I get a message of "You earned xx badges" and the list of troopers that used my toon.

I suspected this happens for a time now but since no one else mentioned I thought it was just my imagination playing games...

Somehow when someone use your champion at the same time you are using it the game can crash, maybe because it tries to get the status of your champion real time instead of a snapshot?

Nekroliun
09-21-2016, 02:03 PM
It is pretty annoying when ur trying to beat hard lvls with troopers, but after u beat thw game it shouldnt bother u as much, but gotta admit, i sometimes ragequit and throw the phone when it happens during Lord of Light X...

AmBush-UK
09-21-2016, 02:18 PM
I have almost 2 months of playing this game. Everyday, whenever someone uses my trooper (either its Eddie or Allied Gunner or anything...) game crashes.
There are no specific times when application resets completely, it happens everywhere, either looking on my team, troopers, starting the level, in the middle of level or as it happened now, Underworld - Hard - Number of the Beast - stage 3/5 ...
Now imagine this going for almost 60 days, everyday loosing credits, shards, talismans, experience...

After I enter back in the game, I always receive the message "Player xyz used your trooper, here's xyz trooper badges".

I've uninstalled the game, restart the phone but nothing changed.

Playing on iOS 9.3 , iPhone 6.

IMO It is pure coincidence that the Trooper used message appears after a crash, that message will pop up every time the game is loaded after someone has used a trooper.
Possible trouble shooting ideas:

Clear Cache
Check Runes, sell duplicate piles (I myself done this yesterday and found less crashes)
Try opening a second account on PC using emulator (Nox/AmiDuos/Bluestacks)
Try coordinating with a friend to use your trooper at a set time

MetalWarrior
09-21-2016, 02:30 PM
How difficult it is to test that theory!!! installed the game in 2nd device started a new account,added that account as trooper, played that trooper from 2nd device side by side.
tested with 7 different android/ios... Nothing!

anyone could have done that test, instead of....
now if we are very curious to find out what dev has to say,how these troopers are shared at server end, we can specifically ask that question,hoping they'll answer it.

Painkiller
09-22-2016, 07:17 AM
Thanks guys for your time spending on this thread, every ideea/talk may help in finding out what may cause the crash.
Just to share the latest happening.
I have my champion (SE lvl 80) in my team. I just entered Underworld and clicked on yellow sphere and game crashed. Offcourse, after game loaded I got the usuall message of "Used your trooper..." .
So, technicaly, I haven't played my trooper, I just had my account online. As Frost said, I too think that the problem is caused by sharring the status of an active Champion, one status of my account and 2nd status of the other guy using him in battle, somehow maybe server locks/blocks my online account to give "the other guy" full benefits of SE status.

* Clearing cache for iPhone means to restart it - as I said that, I've done it but what should be the time period, restart it like every ..30 min, 1 hr ..? ...I'm not sure this will work and I don't want to restart my phone this often ...but I'll try to install some 3rd application like Cache Doctor and run in every 10-20 minutes.

* Selling something from my inventory - never ! ...I will not step back a single piece of shard or talisman just to "get arround" that bug...It's like in GTA V , support team asking you to sell/ditch all the cars and continue game on your bike.

* 2nd account, android = yes, I will try this in weekend. Will try it when ghost account will play my trooper and in that time I will also do a stage, just browse my account ...I hope this will give the best light in this problem.

Thanks again guys, don't get too stressed over this, it's not the end of the world and I'm sure Devs are working on fixing bugs, they only need to sort the critical ones from the "not critical" :)

AmBush-UK
09-23-2016, 12:34 PM
* Selling something from my inventory - never ! ...I will not step back a single piece of shard or talisman just to "get arround" that bug...It's like in GTA V , support team asking you to sell/ditch all the cars and continue game on your bike.

Your choice entirely but as a point of sanity any inventory items over 99 means their not being used so making some coin from them is better than them just taking up space ;)

Lets hope the devs get the game sorted soon

AmBush Out