PDA

View Full Version : Pyro Soldiers (Warrior, Sentinel, Assassin)

Kardas
09-22-2016, 08:20 PM
Accurate as of PVP Update

“Human heart, human mind, intellect intertwined
Focus sharp in the night, watch the jungle burning bright”
-Iron Maiden, The Mercenary

For me, the Pyro soldier combo was one of the most challenging fights for me in Battlefield, topped only by the Gunner Undead Allied Soldier. Hopefully this thread will give you some advice in how to use them!

Credits to Kaijester, aur0ra85 and Schadenfreud-0217, and Lord Schmeb for their suggestions and analyses that helped me with this thread.

Warrior (4*)
Flame: AoE true damage, 65% chance to inflict Flame for 2 turns.
Flame deals true damage over time with a chance to remove beneficial effects each turn. Skill Shard use can increase the Flame status chance to 85% and have it last for 3 turns.
Defend (5 PWR): Increases DEF & MR and gives Immunity to team for 2 turns. Skill Shard use can update this to 3 turns.
Talisman slots: Post-Tuning update is: 1 purple, 1 green, 1 purple. Pre-Tuning update was 3 colorless, 1 green, 1 red, 1 green

This guy’s pretty great for the Sentinel dungeon (thank you Kaijester!). He also was markedly improved through the October Tuning update, and became easier to use too. The sad part is that he is one of three 4* characters that does not have a Passive (the others being the Sentinel Soulless Demon and Sentinel Corrupt Droid). Also the Hellhound and Artillery Dog can give you AoE Immunity for free. Flame is very useful against buff-heavy enemies though, and the Warrior Pyro offers good defensive support with his Power move.

His Talisman loadout options are also easier now. The Warrior Pyro is one of the tankier Warriors, so you can get away with 5 purple Talismans (3 Barrier, 2 Shield) and a green (Ward or Mystical). I recommend an Assassin set and a Resilience set (while the set bonus still works for 2), but a Void set may be good for tankiness.

Sentinel (4*)
Flame: AoE true damage, 65% chance to inflict Flame for 2 turns.
Flame deals true damage over time with a chance to remove beneficial effects each turn. Skill Shard use can increase the Flame status chance to 85% and have it last for 3 turns.
Torch (3 PWR): Single target magic damage, heals self and removes debuffs. 75% chance to Regen HP to a random ally for 2 turns. Skill Shard use can bring the Regen chance to 90%.
Meditate (Passive): Raise MAGIC and MR of all allies for 1 turn at the start of the battle.
Talisman Slots: 3 colorless, 1 green, 1 blue, 1 green

Easily overlooked, the Sentinel Pyro is best at lasting way longer than you want him to and generally being an annoying prick (just play Point of No Return on Madness if you don't believe me). The Passive is nice for a magic using team, but it stinks that the Sentinel Pyro does not deal magic damage himself. Sentinel Pyro is probably best on a team where he can be annoying with other things that take way too long to kill (Pharaoh Dog King and any Sentinel Eddie). If you have powerful and sharded magic attackers like Carriage Rider, Grim Reaper or the Gunner Bomber, he might be nice to take along.

IMO, the best Talisman set for the Sentinel Pyro is the one that maximizes him being an annoying prick. To do that, give him 3 purple Shield Talismans. Either use Vampiric to make him even more unkillable, or use Void to reduce incoming damage. Assassin Talismans are wasted here. As for the compulsory slots, give him a random blue Power Talisman and 2 green Ward Talismans (either Health or Ascension). Another interesting idea would be using 3 Thief Talismans (probably 3 Bulwark, but Will is okay) in the free slots. Your damage will be even more terrible than usual, but the Pyro will be very tanky and give you lots of Furies if you want that.
A theoretical damage-focused loadout would use 2 Guardian (Fierce), 2 Paladin (Power), and 2 Ascension (Ward).

Assassin (4*)
Melt: Single target magic damage. Consumes Burn effects on Perfect attacks. Consuming Burns deals True damage and removes the effect.
Scald (6 PWR): AoE Magic Damage. Damage increases on enemy’s SPECIAL. Inflicts Scalding Burn for 2 turns. Scalding Burn deals magic damage over time with a chance to Lower MR and inflict Permadeath every turn.
Marksman (Passive): Grants Perfect Hit status to team for 2 turns.
Talisman Slots: 3 colorless, 1 green, 1 blue, 1 green.

The Desert Marauder's forgotten brother. He shares his main attack with Wicker Man Eddie, and in that sense, there is nice synergy with his two attacks. Ironically, the only Pyro Soldier whose main attack does not do True damage despite it being a hallmark of the Assassin class. Similarly to the Desert Marauder, he's a great addition for autofarming, so any character who really wants Perfect Hits (Warrior Golden Son with Burn Talismans for instance) will appreciate his being there. He's also a good teammate for the other Pyros and the Allied Bomber Boys. Also a great choice for the Gunner Dungeon.

His Talisman loadout is really easy though. 4 Holy (3 Power, 1 Arcane) Talismans and 2 Health (or Ascension if you want) Ward Talismans. Though Shock and Penetrating Talismans are also interesting options considering his Passive. The Pyro needs only magic damage, and his main attack is single target, so there's no need for Freeze Talis. The required green slots also take care of any survivability problems.

Further Reading (pre-October update)
Great thread on picking Talismans and true damage: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1739-Guide-How-to-choose-your-character-s-talismans
Good post by aur0ra85 on their Warrior Pyro: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1725-End-game-farming&p=12049&viewfull=1#post12049

Demoonchild
09-22-2016, 08:30 PM
I have Red and Green one, both on 4* level 80. Not really a fan of them....

aur0ra85
09-22-2016, 08:31 PM
Imo, red pyro soldier was better prior to the update. Did about twice the damage and it was physical (easier to buff and worked great with life steal). They nerfed him pretty hard me thinks. I don't think I've ever seen the purple one...

Kardas
09-22-2016, 08:44 PM
Yeah, if I had to choose, I'd pick Pharaoh Sun Spirit before I'd pick Warrior Pyro.

I agree they could give them a bit of a boost. Maybe turn the second green Tali slot for the Warrior into a red one, and generally make the Warrior and Sentinel Pyro a bit less Multiple Attribute Dependent

The Educated fool
09-23-2016, 02:13 AM
Cool thread. It doesn't seem to matter what I do with my Sentinel though... he still hits like a toddler with a Wiffle bat!

EddieV8-2238
10-17-2016, 05:17 PM
I've got 2 health overwhelming, 2 guardian fierce, 2 holy a power and a arcane on sentinel pyro soldier

Demoonchild
10-18-2016, 12:57 PM
The Sentinel one hits like a little child... no matter of what talis I put on him... Besides he has no use as a back up char, since his skills are just for him... selfish prick! The worst part is that I got mine from the Legendary Soul from UW..... :mad:

Kardas
10-19-2016, 10:56 AM
Haha, I got the Warrior Pyro from my Legendary Soul, and I guess I wanted to polish a turd.
Demoonchild, have you considered the Freeze set on your Pyro? All three of them got buffed anyway, so I was planning to run my Warrior Pyro again once the Sentinel rift is there.
Will also update the thread a bit

Demoonchild
10-19-2016, 03:34 PM
Haha, I got the Warrior Pyro from my Legendary Soul, and I guess I wanted to polish a turd.
Demoonchild, have you considered the Freeze set on your Pyro? All three of them got buffed anyway, so I was planning to run my Warrior Pyro again once the Sentinel rift is there.
Will also update the thread a bit

Hi Kardas!
The Sentinel Pyro just received more HP, his damage is still ridiculous. I just Evolve him to 5* - 100 to avoid the "1 shard over the limit" annoying message...
Anyway, I will try with a magic combo, like the frezze has you suggest, but I'm sure that he will still hit like my 90 years old grandma with the newspaper...

Kardas
10-20-2016, 06:44 PM
So I just ran my Pyro Soldier again at lv80 4* with the same loadout you can see above (3 Resistance, 1 Strength, 1 Health). I fought the Sentinel Lord of Light again on Lord of Light VII. Results are:
2307 true damage, with 1432 physical burn damage. Also, the burn damage seemed to be inflicted the same time as the attack, in contrast before. Despite the inferior Talisman loadout (Assassin is now strictly better than Resistance), his non-burn damage output is nearly doubled

I think the Warrior Pyro may be making a comeback

Kardas
01-10-2017, 12:00 PM
With all the talk going on about the Desert Marauder, I thought it might be nice to take a look at his forgotten brother, the Assassin Pyro. I've given my thread a major overhaul (like the Pyros themselves have gotten over time) to give you some good Talisman loadouts and team options for them.

Leo_ID
01-10-2017, 12:35 PM
With all the talk going on about the Desert Marauder, I thought it might be nice to take a look at his forgotten brother, the Assassin Pyro. I've given my thread a major overhaul (like the Pyros themselves have gotten over time) to give you some good Talisman loadouts and team options for them.

Great work! I have the warrior one and sentinel (loads of it thanks to legendary souls). Your talisman guide will help me when the time is come to put them to the test :cool:.

I've tried assassin pyro from a trooper of mine. I completely agree with you on pairing him with other burn-inflicting characters. I've paired him with Allied Bomber Boy and Soldier Eddie with burning talisman, his Melt skill is a killer!

ShadowedLies
01-27-2017, 10:17 AM
Great work! I have the warrior one and sentinel (loads of it thanks to legendary souls). Your talisman guide will help me when the time is come to put them to the test :cool:.

I've tried assassin pyro from a trooper of mine. I completely agree with you on pairing him with other burn-inflicting characters. I've paired him with Allied Bomber Boy and Soldier Eddie with burning talisman, his Melt skill is a killer!

I paired him with a warrior GS w/ 6 burn talismans and auto'd Game of Death with no issue. Managed this with a mix of 5 and 4 star talis that are not maxed out, as well as only 1 skill shard applied to the GS. Ran with FotD Eddie and the auto AI does manage to proc his fury to heal the party consistantly well. Its actually rather amusing to watch.

Peppoah
01-27-2017, 08:10 PM
I'm so happy to have my sentinel pyro on 5 stars since yesterday. He's now on lvl 80,but works really good on a team with tailgunner and
his warrior pyro brother. Thanks for the Tipp with the purple talismans on the red one. Haven't tried your suggestion for the green one so far. At this moment I use two guardian fierce lvl 50, two holy power 50 and two ascension overwhelming not maxed out. It doesn't work on autoplay yet, but is great fun to play regularly. And it has a skillshard on it that I put in in the very beginning a few month ago that pushes his healing. I think about maxing him out with skill shards after I finished my Tailgunner. Still needs 11 of them.

Pepp-7418, Daily Player, Champ: Sentinel Soulless Demon

Lord Schmeb
01-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Green Pyro is worth his weight in gold on a magic team. His passive allows me to breeze through Game of Death, usually clearing each board with my GR and Gunner Axis Bomber boy (love that he's magic based) before I even have to use the Pyro's turn. His passive really makes a huge difference, and more than makes up for his lack of dmg output. I don't have any SS's on him, nor do I see any reason to. Just load him with Talis so he doesn't die if shit goes wrong, and you're set. Auto-farm GofD without fear of loss.

Kardas
01-28-2017, 07:36 PM
Green Pyro is worth his weight in gold on a magic team. His passive allows me to breeze through Game of Death, usually clearing each board with my GR and Gunner Axis Bomber boy (love that he's magic based) before I even have to use the Pyro's turn. His passive really makes a huge difference, and more than makes up for his lack of dmg output. I don't have any SS's on him, nor do I see any reason to. Just load him with Talis so he doesn't die if shit goes wrong, and you're set. Auto-farm GofD without fear of loss.

Really now? I didn't expect that at all. What Talismans do you run with him? I'd love to add that to the main thread.

Lord Schmeb
02-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Really now? I didn't expect that at all. What Talismans do you run with him? I'd love to add that to the main thread.

I mix and match honestly. Like I said, he's only there for the passive. Right now I have theif on him just so I can use CR's fury as much as possible. (CR's unsharded and I only am using him thanks to the shit-assed update that has rendered GR useless)

blade685
02-13-2017, 12:27 PM
I mix and match honestly. Like I said, he's only there for the passive. Right now I have theif on him just so I can use CR's fury as much as possible. (CR's unsharded and I only am using him thanks to the shit-assed update that has rendered GR useless)
GR useless why???

MoonShadow
02-13-2017, 01:33 PM
GR useless why???Maybe it's because after the last update, GR is acting so dumbly that it hurts himself and, most important, is losing games, on auto-play. At least, mine is doing that, but... it's not fully upgraded yet.

Piece of Mind
02-13-2017, 04:52 PM
GR useless why???

He has a multi-hit attack that can reset. Formerly that meant lots of talisman activation chances, but now all the hits of a multi-hit attack count as 1 hit for talisman purposes, making them ABSOLUTELY FREAKING POINTLESS.

Lord Schmeb
02-13-2017, 06:16 PM
GR useless why???

Because his main attack actually attacks himself. Can't auto with him at all.

treeb0mbb
02-27-2017, 07:13 PM
Hey so I recently got myself one of these bad boys the sentinel pyro soldier and I was wondering if having a 3 void shield(2 barrier 1 shield), 2 health overwhelming, and one power arcane is a good choice for talismans? I try to keep it even for magic and physical because of his true damage. Same for magic res, and def.
I plan on using him for pvp since my current team is pretty much only magic based SoL, Assassin Corrupt Rescuer, Pharaoh Dog, and Blue Allied Soldier.

Can anyone give me maybe some suggestions on a better talisman set for my magic heavy team or is this good?

P.S. I don't know what to replace him with on my team but I was thinking about Pharaoh Dog since it takes a while for me to have enough power for his healing move. Instead I just spam SoL's heal and extend beneficial effects like crazy cause it saves my ass always.

P.S.S. SoL eddie ftw my fav eddie for sure! Just sucks I don't have good support players to do damage as he mostly is a healer,effect blocker/stealer not much in hard hitting.

Tritium
02-28-2017, 12:06 AM
Hey so I recently got myself one of these bad boys the sentinel pyro soldier and I was wondering if having a 3 void shield(2 barrier 1 shield), 2 health overwhelming, and one power arcane is a good choice for talismans? I try to keep it even for magic and physical because of his true damage. Same for magic res, and def.

Yea, that seems like a great talisman setup! Void shields are great to have on any toon that deals true damage due to their usefulness.

Kardas
02-28-2017, 11:40 PM
I plan on using him for pvp since my current team is pretty much only magic based SoL, Assassin Corrupt Rescuer, Pharaoh Dog, and Blue Allied Soldier.

Can anyone give me maybe some suggestions on a better talisman set for my magic heavy team or is this good?

P.S. I don't know what to replace him with on my team but I was thinking about Pharaoh Dog since it takes a while for me to have enough power for his healing move. Instead I just spam SoL's heal and extend beneficial effects like crazy cause it saves my ass always.

P.S.S. SoL eddie ftw my fav eddie for sure! Just sucks I don't have good support players to do damage as he mostly is a healer,effect blocker/stealer not much in hard hitting.

Pretty good loadout for the Sentinel Pyro. I have two optional suggestions:
1. For Sentinel characters it's okay to have a bit more DEF than MR as they are weak against physical damage dealing Warriors. Though it seems that the Troll and Angel of Fear seem to be the most popular Warrior PVP toons, so YMMV.
2. It's okay to have a bit more magic damage than physical on the Sentinel Pyro because his Power move deals magic damage